It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt underway at Fox Lake Illinois

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: VegHead

Why would there be a no fly zone issued over it? Seems odd, unless they are worried about the suspects shooting civilian planes or something strange.....

Multiple LE helos are up. They don't want media helos or private aircraft getting the way.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
From what I saw on the local news, it seems that the police have nothing more specific than 2 white guys and one 1 black guy. No wonder it's taking so long to find the suspects. They could be hanging out at McDonalds. Any updates on what they look like?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Source: wgntv.com...

The officer was a long-time lieutenant with the Fox Lake Police Department. Sources tell WGN he was supposed to retire last month but the chief -- who stepped down -- asked him to stay on for one more month. He was involved in several youth programs in the area, and had a wife and four children.

Tragic.

ETA: his name has been released: Joe Gliniewicz. God bless your soul, Mr. Gliniewicz. May you rest in peace.

edit on 1-9-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Illinois State Police say that one of the 3 has been caught.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Fox Lake has a lot of woods... I was there fishing this past weekend. Hopefully they find these guys.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Illinois State Police say that one of the 3 has been caught.

Cnn just confirmed

www.cnn.com...
edit on 1-9-2015 by VegHead because: Link added

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I hope they have him squealing like a little pig by now..telling what he knows.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'd be slapping the you know what out of that fool. I hope they are too.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Fox Lake has a lot of woods... I was there fishing this past weekend. Hopefully they find these guys.

Yep duh, that answers my question. They probably ran into the woods that's why the police are only focusing on Fox Lake. I guess everyone does not think like me. I would of ran and blended in, in a more populous area, not the woods. With no pictures floating around I would of just ate at a restaurant or something and then left Fox Lake all calm like, an hour later.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'd be slapping the you know what out of that fool. I hope they are too.

Judging from your screen name and avatar, you'd probably be real good at extracting valuable information. Since you were in this area fishing last weekend, why don't you come back to interrogate the next two when they're caught?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Yep duh, that answers my question. They probably ran into the woods that's why the police are only focusing on Fox Lake. I guess everyone does not think like me. I would of ran and blended in, in a more populous area, not the woods. With no pictures floating around I would of just ate at a restaurant or something and then left Fox Lake all calm like, an hour later.

This isnt Hollywood

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I know that. Nothing hollywood about what I said. Hollywood would be me thinking its possible for the people who did this, to shoot their way out. With no pictures released, no one would know what the guy looked like. I knew a guy from Texas, who supposedly accidentally shot his own cousin. He ran to Chicago and that is were I met him. He was living in Chicago with family openly. He was not hiding. Using his own name. No one from Texas ever came for him. Years later he went back and turned himself in. So the police are not infallible. Oh and I did not find this out until after he turned himself in. No one here knew anything, because the news never reached here from Texas.

So if no one knows you are a criminal. If your face is not plastered everywhere. It is easy to blend in. With the amount of warrants out for people in this country. The police do not catch everyone. Now I admit this is a little different because this guy killed a cop. But even so, the people who did this had time to get away, they could of easily got away in the short term. Long term probably not once the feds got in on it.

Moral of the story. If they want you bad, you will be caught long term. Short term there is a lot more leeway.

edit on 1-9-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
OMG. Now they're saying that ALL THREE are still on the loose. I hope we don't get into one of those drawn out manhunts like we saw with those 2 New York prison escapees a few months ago.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The slain officer has been identified as Charles Joseph Gliniewicz. Married, four sons. Worked with the local law enforcement Explorer's program.

Officer radioed that he was checking on suspicious activity, then radioed he was in foot pursuit of three subjects. Comms ceased after that point and backup officers found him in a marshy area, with his gun and other gear missing. He passed at the scene.

There may be security camera footage of the incident or the subjects, as a local gas station/garage owner says police came in, looked at his video, then told him he wasn't doing any business the rest of the day.

No mention made of any arrests during a press conference.

ETA - a regional SWAT team and FBI SWAT team and canine units are leading the search.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Not sure if related, but I live in Lake in the Hills IL, we have police helicopters circling our area, and our local grade school Indian Prairie Elementary is on lockdown. Listening to the police scanner on broadcastify.com

www.broadcastify.com...

Report was that a suspect ran into a home in the area, the family fled and called the police.

Black Male/Female spotted in the area in a silver PT cruiser, male removing clothing and putting in a dumpster 20 mins ago. Just broadcast. They've been responding to several reports of unusual persons as well. 2 Police Helicopters off, off duty police called in, 2 local townships (Lake in the Hills and Huntley) have units assisting. They've set up a command post at Village Rd/Golfcourse RD in Crystal Lake and are searching the neighborhood for what sounds like a white male, and both his parents are on scene. Kid is from Darlington rd, also in CL and from the dispatcher, has a history of drug abuse and is 16yo?

~Peace

edit on 1-9-2015 by H22a1Prelude because: Adding information

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
OMG. Now they're saying that ALL THREE are still on the loose. I hope we don't get into one of those drawn out manhunts like we saw with those 2 New York prison escapees a few months ago.

Arg! Nice reporting cnn!!!

From CNN:
www.cnn.com...
Authorities in Illinois are still looking for three suspects in the fatal shooting of a sheriff's deputy in Fox Lake, Sgt. Christopher Covelli with the Lake County Sheriff's department told CNN.

Covelli said that an earlier report, from Illinois State Police, that one suspect had been captured was inaccurate.
edit on 1-9-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: H22a1Prelude

Thanks for that update, Prelude. At least those of us near Lake Zurich can breathe a little easier now.

link   
I work in the general area of where this shooting happened, and let me tell you, when I left work (around 2:30-3:00 CST) I must have passed a good 15-20 squad cars racing around up and down Rt 12... It was a little crazy, never seen so many cop cars just speeding around so randomly... It didn't seem like they were all hitting a similar spot, but more so containing within a large area... Regardless, I hope they catch those three guys soon and RIP to the officer..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

CNN casts a wide net and reports on any garbage they can dredge up off the bottom. Can't rely on them to be accurate.
BTW..another mistake from CNN. The officer was a Lieutenant. Not a Sargent.

edit on 9/1/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Still listening, I'll keep updating. Black RAV-4 spotted with a black male possibly putting on a bullet proof vest?

2 males now spotted cutting through yards in the area.

Original call was for a male who burst into a home near Miller Rd/Randall Rd.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join