It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally ready to add my black triangle sighting to the compendium of UFO anecdotes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hi all. I usually hang out in the earthquake posts, but this experience is how I found ATS. Looking for answers...

It's taken me over 4 years to feel comfortable enough to share my experience with the world.
Really, it has taken my brain that long to process it. From the first few hours after my sighting, giddily relating what I saw to my family, to writing notes of the sighting and making scale drawings for the next few months, to now; well, it has been a long journey.
I still involuntarily recall my sighting every day, but at least now I don't feel the urge to make a model black triangle craft out of mash potatoes.

Here goes...

It's Christmas evening 2010, in the northwestern corner of Virginia. We had already had a couple of good snow falls this season, and it had snowed a bit this morning. More snow was expected the next day. It was cold, the air was damp, a very light wind out of the NW, and the sky was completely socked in with clouds.

I live at about 950' elevation, in a rural neighborhood of about 600 homes. It's in the woods and surrounds a lake large enough for water sports.

The dishes are washed and our holiday guests have departed, when my neighbor phones asking me to come over to chat. I head out the door, no phone, no flashlight; she only lives 4 houses away around the corner. Now, I'm treading slowly because there is old ice and snow on the side of the road, under a dusting of new snow. (I've been known to face-plant while walking because I'm always looking at the stars or a scenic vista, lol)

At the bottom of my driveway, I notice the neighborhood security is parked at the house across the street. I think, "he must be asking them to move their car off the roadway so the plow can do its thing tomorrow", and continue on toward the corner.

When I reach the curve (heading due west now), I see "the moon". "It is enormous and really low on the horizon", I think to myself. Then my brain immediately realizes that the butter cream pale yellow light I'm seeing can't possibly be the moon, because it is completely overcast.

It is dark. The 4 houses nearest me (2 on each side of the street) are empty: all are vacation homes, no lights on. The only light available to navigate by is just the porch and holiday lights glowing further up the road. I can see the dark grey puffy clouds overhead, but the 60' pine trees flanking the roadsides are dark purple black.

After taking 2 or 3 cautious steps, I look back up toward "not the moon" and see 2 pale "glowing eyes". "That owl is enormous." Instantaneously, I decide that is impossible, and start giggling to myself. "You idiot, it's a plane coming right toward you. You will be able to hear it any second now."

Story detour:
[For background, I live not too distant from the Air National Guard in Martinsburg, WV. They have been using our lake as a navigation landmark during training for years. At least once a month, 3 or 4 C-5's fly directly over my house. Those beasts are huge, loud, and can fly really slow. A few years back they flew C-130's, also big and slow. Anywhoo, I'm used to seeing big planes.
Commercial flights going to Dulles and DCA also fly over, but much higher...between 8000-14000' according to flight tracking data.

(Another side note. My distances in this post are my best educated guesses. In my youth I regularly used a clinometer to measure tree heights during timber cruises, so I'm fairly confident about my height guess-timates. Of course, judging altitude with little or no frame of reference is tricky.)
/end detour]

Okay, where was I?
Oh yeah, waiting to hear this "plane" fly overhead.

I'm just standing there, watching, and starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.
"Why can't I hear anything?
This this is low.
It's flying way too slow."

I can hear the patrol car that was parked across from my driveway, coming slowly around the corner. (I've made it maybe 50' from the corner by now)

Sweet. I'm going to ask him if he sees these lights. As I take my eyes off the lights to turn toward the car, he floors it. He was doing 50 by the time he reached the top of the block (big no-no...it's residential 25 mph).

"Welp, he definitely saw it", I think to myself. "And it scared the poop out of him".

I turn back and take a few more steps up the road, before looking back up.

Now I can see a craft. It is big. Moving maybe 5 feet per second? Just gliding over the tree tops no more than 100' above them. I can hear someone's heat pump click on. The craft is now directly over the roadway. It's nose, which was rounded, not sharp, was maybe 30' in front of me.
Based on the height of the nearby trees, and the width of my road, I estimate the flying wing-shaped craft is 130' wingtip to wingtip', and only 45' long. If it was higher, then it was even bigger.

I was craning my head back desperately trying to make out any details. The craft looked matte black... darker than the clouds behind it, but just barely. For the life of me, I could not clearly see the trailing edge. It would look straight, and in the next instant, wavy, or scallop-edged. It was like trying to look at something in the distance through a heat mirage. But definitely no traditional fuselage, and no tail.

Then a blue column of light appeared from the center of the craft. It was slowing moving closer to me. The light cloumn was 18-20" in diameter, and the blue of the glowing LED from a wireless router. Transporter from Star Trek? It look just like it, lol. It was a solid column of light from the craft to just inches above the ground, but did not illuminate/shine on the ground.

Now it doesn't seem to be moving at all. I took a few steps out toward it, and was thinking of touching it....when I was immediately filled with... dread. Not just fear. Pure, unadulterated terror. I've tried a hundred times; I can't accurately describe it.

At the same instant, I knew the craft knew I was there.

I ran 15' up the nearest driveway, and hid next to a tree. Big sissy.

The floating triangle over my head was completely silent. And then it wasn't...

This moment I became aware of an incredibly deep, low, loud continuous noise. But I wasn't hearing it with my ears. It was vibrating my insides. Are you familiar with the Skittles commercial where the young guy is lying on ball bearings with speakers playing a bass,"boom, boom, boom"? That's about as close an example of what it sounded/felt like that I can give.
I felt sick

The blue light column vanished. The "noise/vibration" stopped. I walked a few few back down toward the road, and looked up. The black triangle was much higher, maybe 400' up now. I looked toward my neighbor's house. Did anyone else see this? I looked back up to the craft.
It was gone. The whole event took 5-7 minutes.

I sprinted up to my neighbor's door, half laughing, half shaking and blurted out the entire event. She then jumped into her news/gossip/whateva. We chatted for what seemed like 30 minutes, then I walked home (no triangles overhead) and told my husband and son.

And that's basically it.

edit on 8/19/2015 by Olivine because: my usual spelling flubs, it will take me a few tries

edit on 8/19/2015 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I never reported my sighting to MUFON or NICAP, but I have looked through their databases. I found one similar sighting, which occurred about 6 hours after mine, in Waldorf, MD (about 100 miles SE of me). Link

No pictures, no video. To be honest, my brain was so busy trying to make sense of what I was seeing, I never thought about it. Plus, I didn't have a camera or phone with me.

I've read quite a bit in the Aircraft forums here, trying to read between the lines of what a few that seem to be in-the-know are thinking. I don't know what I saw, but I know what it wasn't. It wasn't a aeroplane
(no aerodynamics I'm familiar with), helicopter, or a huge balloon (it was traveling ENE, the slight breeze was coming from the NNW. Blimp? Maybe? I've looked at pics of the JLENS aerostat: that wasn't what I saw, and the aerostat will be tethered.

I'm convinced that the "noise" that I "felt" was from ELF waves. Like 2-12 Hz low frequency. Whether it was caused by the blue light column or whatever technology was keeping this thing in the air, I'm not sure.

Anyway, that's my experience. I'll try to answer any questions. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading.
Olivine

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Nice post. Although I'm a GIANT skeptic, I love reading accounts. It's like reading little sci-fi short stories.

Casual drug user?Sippin some wine that night with the guests?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing. Interesting story. As far as what you saw I don't know. I'm under the thought that 95%. Of sightings are explainable/earthly in nature. Being close to a military base that would be my first guess. Not that you mistook something common for this, but because in many things the government technology is in some cases decades ahead of what the public sees. Maybe it was the 5% though. Without anything visual to see hard to say. But unlike many people on here saying pics or didn't happen. I think if I had ever seen anything out of the ordinary my curiosity might be running higher than the thought of getting pictures. While I find all this stuff intetesting couldn't say anything out of the ordinary has happened to me.

Did you ever get a chance to see the security guy again? Just inquire with the company if anything was reported, doubt you would be told but just fishing. Now I wouldn't do this because if you get straight lines on stick figures from me , it's basically the equivalent of the Mona Lisa. But have you tried to sketch what you saw? Maybe help as a reference or jar your memory about a detail when you sift through pictures?

Finally when looking through pictures, maybe don't look at actual pictures. See if you can hunt down some artist sketches/interpretations of some military aircraft that have been described to them. After all, if it is a classified/advanced military craft, chances are no pictures. But enough digging you may just find the other. Again thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing I did enjoy reading your story.
Funny you don't live very far from me. Maybe some day I will
post my story, problem is contact happened off & on for years
& would take a long time to write it up unless I did kind of like
chapters for each episode.

Wow the Blue Light was amazing. Is this your only experience?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant
ive taken nearly every mind altering drug out there,but have never seen a hallucenation (cant spell) like that

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I will probably have strange questions later!
But for now just want to thank you for a very comprehensive report.

I will say though, that the ELF in conjunction with your perception that "IT" saw you should draw many comments.

I wish that such a rational post didn't have to hide in the Gray Zone....I wish it could be located in the Aliens and UFO forum where it belongs..

Kev

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Nope, no drugs for me, besides the occasional aspirin., and I hadn't had a drink in years at the time I saw that craft. [I do enjoy the occasional dark beer or red wine these days]

I was a skeptic until I saw this!

I've never excluded the possibility of life elsewhere in this gigantic universe, but I'm not a fervent believer of ET's visiting earth. Possible? Sure!
I guess I lean 90% man made technology/10% extraterrestrial origin when it comes to the craft I saw.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Yep, only experience. And I have to say, "thank goodness".

I hear people say, "I wish I would see one." and I think, No, no you don't. It messes with you.

I randomly ponder what I saw while driving down the highway, or before going to sleep. Or I wake up thinking about it. Distracting.
The need to understand what it was just won't go away...

It took me a long while to feel certain that my son and husband didn't secretly think I was cuckoo. They still rib me. Their ringtone for my calls is the x-files, you know, all in fun.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the usual aviation crowd are not going to touch your sighing at all. They have a job of maintaining that our F-22s and F-35s are our best equipment.

As a UFO investigator I interviewed a ex-paratrooper in 1985 about a close sighting that he and he son had of two similar craft moving nose to tail in a low overcast only 300 feet in from of them as they stood in front of their car, having stopped to see the sight. In 1998, about twenty others and I witnessed a very similar sight over Laramie, Wyoming.

Several years ago a hunter near Ft. Hood, Texas turned his rifle scope on a similar craft directly over head at a close range. He claimed to see a red outlined hatch on the front of the craft that had "Rescue" in red letters on it.

I have some threads on ATS and elsewhere on the internet that get into other details about triangles. Or you can believe that they are alien craft. The are our response to genuine UFOs and probably are space-capable for trips to the Moon if not Mars and beyond.

Welcome! You stand out as another ordinary citizen that has seen one of the greatest developments since the invention of flight. Now you know why we never had a backup plan for the space shuttle.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

This is what I am talking about. Good post. I'm going to go looking for your threads Aliensun.

Thanks for the Welcome.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Ok, just a few initial questions.. I won't ask my usual ones for now.

Did you see any lights in the corners of the craft, or just that central light?
Did you see any 'rivets' or 'hand rails'?
Was there a little circular rim around the central light?

You said that you heard a neighbors heat pump turn on.. does that mean
things were 'abnormally quiet'? That maybe you could hear more little
noises than usual?

Did the 'craft' have an observable thickness? Was there a texture?

Did the 'craft' look "realer than real" ?

Now again on "the craft knew you were there" - how do you reconcile that
with "90% man made technology" - is there cognitive dissonance inside you
about the craft? I mean, do you believe that 'we' are building sentient
air or space craft?

Now you couldn't get a good look at the "rear of the craft"; it seemed to look
like one thing, then it looked like another thing --- the one I saw did that
too -- but I was unashamed and called it 'shape changing'. There was no
other way to put it.

Did you have anything unusual happen the day before the sighting? Anything
which felt strange in your stomach?

Did Santa bring you any nice presents? (J/K)

Thanks,

Kev

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
I wish that such a rational post didn't have to hide in the Gray Zone....I wish it could be located in the Aliens and UFO forum where it belongs..

Kev

Agreed. It should be with other UFO's.
BTW, I've enjoyed reading many of your posts in the breakaway civ thread (I think it was that one--it's hard to keep them straight).
Thanks for commenting.

Olivine

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Thank You for a very solid, descriptive Post of Your sighting! I believe You here, as some may not...
Now along with This from KellyPretty Bear, "Did you have anything unusual happen the day before the sighting? Anything
which felt strange in your stomach?", I will ask, Did anything unusual happen the next day or over the next few days after that? Even small insignificant things, compared to a normal day, may be important...
Thanx again for the share! Syx...
edit on 19-8-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
ive taken nearly every mind altering drug out there,but have never seen a hallucenation (cant spell) like that

You need a new dealer then mate

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Ok, just a few initial questions.. I won't ask my usual ones for now.

Did you see any lights in the corners of the craft, or just that central light?

At first I only saw one light. I think the second light must have been hidden by a house, from my vantage point. Then I could see two lights. When the craft was closer, I could see the lights were near the wingtips, facing forward. The wingtips looked rounded like the nose, not sharp tips.
The lights weren't bright enough for navigation. They looked the way a flashlight does before the batteries die--glowing, but not strong enough to illuminate anything. There was no light at the nose.

Did you see any 'rivets' or 'hand rails'?
Was there a little circular rim around the central light?

I couldn't see any detail like that.

You said that you heard a neighbors heat pump turn on.. does that mean
things were 'abnormally quiet'? That maybe you could hear more little
noises than usual?

My sense was that it was quiet because of the snow, the cloud cover, and people and their pets were inside because of the cold and the holiday. It was about 8:15 p.m.

Did the 'craft' have an observable thickness? Was there a texture?

I only saw it from the front, from under it, and the rear, but it was higher and moving away over the lake then. I never saw a cockpit or lights rimming an edge to tell how thick it was. But I got a sense of "great heft" as it started to move over me, if that makes sense. As far as texture, I could vaguely see what looked like cross-hatching across the hull. No visible openings on the bottom. Where the blue column emerged from the center of the underbelly of the craft, was just a perfect blue circle, no discernible rim or bezel.

Did the 'craft' look "realer than real" ?

Hmmm? It looked perfect, as opposed to worn or used. Meticulous. That's a hard one to answer.

Now again on "the craft knew you were there" - how do you reconcile that
with "90% man made technology" - is there cognitive dissonance inside you
about the craft? I mean, do you believe that 'we' are building sentient
air or space craft?

Lol!
I guess I feel more safe believing that Americans made this awesome technology versus believing extraterrestrials or the Chinese/Russians/other nation are joy-riding low over random neighborhoods.
I didn't get the feeling that there were humans on board, more like it was a drone of some kind, that had cameras or sensors of some sort.

Now you couldn't get a good look at the "rear of the craft"; it seemed to look
like one thing, then it looked like another thing --- the one I saw did that
too -- but I was unashamed and called it 'shape changing'. There was no
other way to put it.

Good description.

Did you have anything unusual happen the day before the sighting? Anything
which felt strange in your stomach?

Wait..the day before?
Not that I recall. (besides the normal pit in my stomach prior to entertaining the in-laws)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

I believe You here, as some may not...

Thanks. It's good to know at least one soul out there doesn't think I'm full of it.

This does remind me of something I wanted to post earlier.
I truly don't care if anyone reads this and thinks I made it up. My loved ones have my back, and that's good enough for me.

I just wanted to post this so that other people with a similar sighting, don't feel alone.
There is something incredible flying in our skies.
It is real and solid, not a weather balloon, chinese lantern or damn swamp gas.

..., I will ask, Did anything unusual happen the next day or over the next few days after that? Even small insignificant things, compered to a normal day, may be important...
Thanx again for the share! Syx...

For about 2 weeks after, I couldn't stay focused, and my short term memory was iffy. (ie, open a pantry door, only to stand there wondering what I needed). I even wrote about it in my journal, twice. A consequence of having my mind blown by unknown technology, methinks.
edit on 8/19/2015 by Olivine because: funky wording

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

LOL That! I mean about this... " A consequence of having my mind blown by unknown technology, methinks." ..., As far as the short term memory probs after that sighting!! I too would have been sidetracked A LOT by that!!
I have seen distant oddities in the skies in my past. Like miles away distant. So it's real hard to say what it was I saw. Even though it was very high up, it moved fast as hell, compared to traditional aircraft.... ET? Not sure. It may have been ours, but not normal to me by any means...

As far as no pictures, I remember one sighting years ago that I didn't want to try to run in for a camera for fear of losing the object. It moved VERY fast, VERY HIGH up, then slowed to a crawl. Was at night, no moon, and when it slowed it would have blended in very well to the background stars. If I had ran in for a camera, I would have lost it for sure. So I watched it for a minute or so longer before it sped, away from Me I guess, as it was either that, or flat out went invisable...

An oddity to be sure...

edit on 19-8-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
... to writing notes of the sighting and making scale drawings for the next few months, to now...

Would you be so kind as to scan in and post some of the drawings? Very curious to see them.

originally posted by: Aliensun
Unfortunately, the usual aviation crowd are not going to touch your sighing at all. They have a job of maintaining that our F-22s and F-35s are our best equipment.

Hey, now that's not very fair. Quite a few of them will acknowledge the black technology. If anything, they state that those birds are our best white equipment. I'm still skeptical about the black triangles and green ladies, but that's mostly because I'm envious that I haven't been fortunate enough to encounter them myself.

On top of that, they don't let us out of the Aircraft forums too often.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The "waviness" attribute that you observed while looking at the structure's outline, is reported in many other sightings of similar triangle shaped craft. I wonder what that effect really is. Heat, or an electro-magnetic effect on atmosphere...? I find it extremely interesting that this is a common visual description by those witnesses.
edit on 19-8-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join