It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Finally ready to add my black triangle sighting to the compendium of UFO anecdotes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
a reply to: Specimen

It looked like an obtuse triangle, or wings without a fuselage. Not cocoon or diamond shaped.

After it passed completely overhead, it began moving upward while still travelling forward. I did not see it zoom off, disappear, or dive into the lake. I looked away, and then back toward its last position, and it was gone.

My assumption is that it moved up into the clouds. They (the clouds) were low, maybe 800-1000', at their base.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:26 PM
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

I reported my sighting to MUFON as well and they
investigated for months.

If I recall correctly, Robert Bigelow was funding MUFON for a while.... the fellow who researched 'Skinwalker Ranch'.

So its no surprise that MUFON asked about relationship problems...I'd imagine it's because even MUFON (or at least Bigelow who was influencing them) knew the real nature of the phenomenon,
not the 'UFOBlack Projects cover story).

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:02 PM
a reply to: Olivine

It seems the security guard saw it, have you made any effort to contact him or whoever was working that night?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM

originally posted by: Olivine
Hi all. I usually hang out in the earthquake posts, but this experience is how I found ATS. Looking for answers...

It's taken me over 4 years to feel comfortable enough to share my experience with the world.
Really, it has taken my brain that long to process it. From the first few hours after my sighting, giddily relating what I saw to my family, to writing notes of the sighting and making scale drawings for the next few months, to now; well, it has been a long journey.
I still involuntarily recall my sighting every day, but at least now I don't feel the urge to make a model black triangle craft out of mash potatoes.

Here goes...

It's Christmas evening 2010, in the northwestern corner of Virginia. We had already had a couple of good snow falls this season, and it had snowed a bit this morning. More snow was expected the next day. It was cold, the air was damp, a very light wind out of the NW, and the sky was completely socked in with clouds.

I live at about 950' elevation, in a rural neighborhood of about 600 homes. It's in the woods and surrounds a lake large enough for water sports.

The dishes are washed and our holiday guests have departed, when my neighbor phones asking me to come over to chat. I head out the door, no phone, no flashlight; she only lives 4 houses away around the corner. Now, I'm treading slowly because there is old ice and snow on the side of the road, under a dusting of new snow. (I've been known to face-plant while walking because I'm always looking at the stars or a scenic vista, lol)

At the bottom of my driveway, I notice the neighborhood security is parked at the house across the street. I think, "he must be asking them to move their car off the roadway so the plow can do its thing tomorrow", and continue on toward the corner.

When I reach the curve (heading due west now), I see "the moon". "It is enormous and really low on the horizon", I think to myself. Then my brain immediately realizes that the butter cream pale yellow light I'm seeing can't possibly be the moon, because it is completely overcast.

It is dark. The 4 houses nearest me (2 on each side of the street) are empty: all are vacation homes, no lights on. The only light available to navigate by is just the porch and holiday lights glowing further up the road. I can see the dark grey puffy clouds overhead, but the 60' pine trees flanking the roadsides are dark purple black.

After taking 2 or 3 cautious steps, I look back up toward "not the moon" and see 2 pale "glowing eyes". "That owl is enormous." Instantaneously, I decide that is impossible, and start giggling to myself. "You idiot, it's a plane coming right toward you. You will be able to hear it any second now."

Story detour:
[For background, I live not too distant from the Air National Guard in Martinsburg, WV. They have been using our lake as a navigation landmark during training for years. At least once a month, 3 or 4 C-5's fly directly over my house. Those beasts are huge, loud, and can fly really slow. A few years back they flew C-130's, also big and slow. Anywhoo, I'm used to seeing big planes.
Commercial flights going to Dulles and DCA also fly over, but much higher...between 8000-14000' according to flight tracking data.

(Another side note. My distances in this post are my best educated guesses. In my youth I regularly used a clinometer to measure tree heights during timber cruises, so I'm fairly confident about my height guess-timates. Of course, judging altitude with little or no frame of reference is tricky.)
/end detour]

Okay, where was I?
Oh yeah, waiting to hear this "plane" fly overhead.

I'm just standing there, watching, and starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.
"Why can't I hear anything?
This this is low.
It's flying way too slow."

I can hear the patrol car that was parked across from my driveway, coming slowly around the corner. (I've made it maybe 50' from the corner by now)

Sweet. I'm going to ask him if he sees these lights. As I take my eyes off the lights to turn toward the car, he floors it. He was doing 50 by the time he reached the top of the block (big's residential 25 mph).

"Welp, he definitely saw it", I think to myself. "And it scared the poop out of him".

I turn back and take a few more steps up the road, before looking back up.

Now I can see a craft. It is big. Moving maybe 5 feet per second? Just gliding over the tree tops no more than 100' above them. I can hear someone's heat pump click on. The craft is now directly over the roadway. It's nose, which was rounded, not sharp, was maybe 30' in front of me.
Based on the height of the nearby trees, and the width of my road, I estimate the flying wing-shaped craft is 130' wingtip to wingtip', and only 45' long. If it was higher, then it was even bigger.

I was craning my head back desperately trying to make out any details. The craft looked matte black... darker than the clouds behind it, but just barely. For the life of me, I could not clearly see the trailing edge. It would look straight, and in the next instant, wavy, or scallop-edged. It was like trying to look at something in the distance through a heat mirage. But definitely no traditional fuselage, and no tail.

Then a blue column of light appeared from the center of the craft. It was slowing moving closer to me. The light cloumn was 18-20" in diameter, and the blue of the glowing LED from a wireless router. Transporter from Star Trek? It look just like it, lol. It was a solid column of light from the craft to just inches above the ground, but did not illuminate/shine on the ground.

Now it doesn't seem to be moving at all. I took a few steps out toward it, and was thinking of touching it....when I was immediately filled with... dread. Not just fear. Pure, unadulterated terror. I've tried a hundred times; I can't accurately describe it.

At the same instant, I knew the craft knew I was there.

I ran 15' up the nearest driveway, and hid next to a tree. Big sissy.

The floating triangle over my head was completely silent. And then it wasn't...

This moment I became aware of an incredibly deep, low, loud continuous noise. But I wasn't hearing it with my ears. It was vibrating my insides. Are you familiar with the Skittles commercial where the young guy is lying on ball bearings with speakers playing a bass,"boom, boom, boom"? That's about as close an example of what it sounded/felt like that I can give.
I felt sick

The blue light column vanished. The "noise/vibration" stopped. I walked a few few back down toward the road, and looked up. The black triangle was much higher, maybe 400' up now. I looked toward my neighbor's house. Did anyone else see this? I looked back up to the craft.
It was gone. The whole event took 5-7 minutes.

I sprinted up to my neighbor's door, half laughing, half shaking and blurted out the entire event. She then jumped into her news/gossip/whateva. We chatted for what seemed like 30 minutes, then I walked home (no triangles overhead) and told my husband and son.

And that's basically it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM

Something occurred to me when I read your reply... re the elf or infrasound mentioned.

The UFO lore has a few instances of witnesses growing a second set of adult teeth.

A few years ago, some science periodicals reported new teeth had been grown in adults using 'infrasound' to stimulate the bone and gum tissue (and then I've read nothing more... likely the powerful dentist lobby squelched it, heh).

Anyway, infrasound is likely involved.

And it would be nice to think they scared you to keep from frying yourself on the "solid light" ... but it does feel more like a nasty prank.

So bored secret spacemen... a playful AI pilot who doesn't really understand biological fear... or weird alien entities that play with us poor humans?

edit on 8/20/2015 by Baddogma because: add for clarity

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
Thanks for sharing.

I had a similar experience to yours, although not as long. It was roughly a 15-20 second experience.

It was 2004. I was near Grain Valley, MO driving on a very dark highway with no cars around. I saw a bright light in the distance. As I got closer, I realized it was above the highway. I had a skylight in my Passat at the time so I was able drive directly undereath it and get a good look. It was triangular shaped, near hovering, very low and made no sound. It had a very similar colored light in the middle like you described. I had to put my eyes back on the road. When I pulled over to look back it was already gone, or at least invisible.

It was one of the most memorable, although fleeting, moments of my life. I was absolutely sober, no drugs and I don't have a history of seeing strange things. I'm 100% positive of what I witnessed.

Since it happened, I started to research to see if there were similar stories, and as I'm sure a lot of people on here know, there are countless. Triangular craft, hovering low, no sound and the light in the middle.

What kind of propulsion system allows a large craft to hover, or at best crawl, in the air with absolutely no sound whatsoever?

Military or extraterrestrial? That's the million dollar question.

If it's the latter, it's infuriating because it could help us eliminate our dependency on fossil fuels.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
a reply to: Baddogma

That's a good observation my friend.. I almost wrote a post about 'UFO healing'
myself a while back.. but in this case it was near infrared light has been shown
to increase the efficiency of mitochondria due to a 'viscosity trick' apparently.

But really, I think it's our damaged left hemispheres that don't listen properly
to our right hemispheres which are tapping/being tapped to encourage all
this bizarre stuff. It's called hemispheric confabulation actually in neurological

Humans do seem to be 'waveguides' in a manner of speaking.. and have a lovely
analogue computer with bayessian statistical engine attached to that giant
antenna which is our body and nervous system.

I really do believe, on some level, that we are mostly doing this to ourselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
a reply to: Reflection

I suggest you check out a couple of threads. Like "the green flame" and Black triangle UFos and a alleged breakaway civilization. ALso "Black Triangles, RKs and the secret space program" and finally,"astr0, Black Triangles, abductions and the Forever Men of ATS" And also "Weird California sighting"

These triangles are A graphene/unknown compound grown partially in tanks and machined out to leave a shell of the craft. They are then fitted with the new system using something approaching a neural network in a layer under the skin/exterior. Its better than fly by wire. they use mass nullification to hover and use directed plasma for propulsion and for wind resistence nullification. When the powersource is in operation the crafts mass reduces to almost zero giving it the appeareance of anti gravity and also it acts as a inertial dampner as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:28 PM
a reply to: TechniXcality

I did, about 3 weeks later. The other staff told me he had quit about 10 days earlier. When I asked if they knew why, I was told he had been trying to get some gov't job for a long while and it had finally come through. So, I never got to talk to him.

I kick myself for not asking sooner.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM

Do you know his name or is there a way to acquire it?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:33 PM

originally posted by: Baddogma

The UFO lore has a few instances of witnesses growing a second set of adult teeth.

A few years ago, some science periodicals reported new teeth had been grown in adults using 'infrasound' to stimulate the bone and gum tissue (and then I've read nothing more... likely the powerful dentist lobby squelched it, heh).

So bored secret spacemen... a playful AI pilot who doesn't really understand biological fear... or weird alien entities that play with us poor humans?

No new teeth for me, lol. I wish I could grow a rear molar I had pulled 20 years ago, when I didn't have dental insurance.

As to your question about who or what was piloting, when you find an answer please PM me!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:36 PM
a reply to: TechniXcality

I can probably can get his last name and try to find him. That's a good suggestion. I'll let you now.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:45 PM

Alright, just wondering if it looked like something I saw once. When you thought the light where owl eyes, where they orange, and where they actually separate to like like a set of eyes, or just one object.

Also, this may sound a little weird, but did you get a sense or taste of metal? Or did the hair on the back of your neck raise, and felt some what of little pressure or something, like something of noise that you said in the second post?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:43 PM
a reply to: yuppa

Thank you! That's great info!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:49 PM
The entire reason i joined ats was to share my story. Its much to similar to yours to be a coincidence. The times are different by a few years but when you said matte black i got goosebumps.

Also i had my experience in southwest virginia.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:01 AM
I am a chronic lurker at ATS, I made this account a while back to reply to a post that got to me, but haven't posted since. Your thread and a couple others convinced me to log back on.

I wasn't going to share my story on the public forum, in fact until today I'd never shared it at all since it happened ~15yrs ago. I don't remember the exact date, but I do remember the girlfriend I was with, which would have placed it between 2000-2002. Anyways, I figured the least I could do was share with you, since you had the courage to make a thread, and I don't have enough posts to make one myself.

Unlike you, I saw a black square, not a black triangle, but everything else about it matches exactly with all of the black triangle sightings.

I'll give a quick background. I grew up in a USAF household, my dad a decorated veteran, and with an uncle that was an aerospace engineer. My background is in Aerospace R&D, I can't go into much detail (sorry, not trying to sound cool or be mysterious). I can identify everything from a Cessna 172 on up to a Saturn V. I'm a huge fan of aerospace in general. I grew up in an area of So-cal that is surrounded by AFB's and airports, have time on the flight line as well as living next to it.

I'm fairly knowledgable on many aircraft and most forms of propulsion, some at an expert amateur level, some at an expert professional level, including space flight hardware. I've seen many things run close up, first hand, on test stands and in flight. I've personally built manned space flight hardware components and assemblies, and know first hand what our current "official" (non black) state of the industry is, but most importantly I know what it looks, sounds, and feels like with my own sense.

Not trying to toot my own horn. I just wanted to convey that I'm a pretty qualified observer.

I'm a bigtime skeptic, in fact for disclosure's sake I have to say that most of my time on ATS has been lurking for entertainment purposes, same as watching really campy bigfoot or ufo shows. What can I say? I like pulp conspiracy stuff even if I don't buy into most of it. Some of the really out there stuff makes for fun reading. I don't begrudge anyone their stories, and I try not to pass judgement FWIW.

So, my sighting.

I live in the high desert in CA. It is a high elevation plateau valley, surrounded by mountain peaks. There are numerous AFB's and airports, and I'm accustomed to seeing all manner of air traffic. We also have some really cool firefighting and rescue craft based around here, as well as the GE engine rebuild/test plant, a non profit based hospital plane, they even did some testing of the Dreamliner for a while out here. We also see some rather interesting drone traffic, including both of the predator variants, and probably a few others. There's more interesting stuff flying these skies as well, but I don't know anything about those birds.

This happened about 15yrs ago. At that time I still smoked, and the GF and I drove a few blocks down the street and parked to sneak a couple smokes and private time from the room mates. We were watching the sunset (and chain smoking, young and dumb lol). It was just after the sun went below the horizon.

We saw a diffuse amber/orange light appear over/across the horizon, a mountain range about ten miles to our west. We were parked along a road towards the north-eastern side of the valley, looking west across the northern part of the valley. I remember it being very pretty, shimmery but not flashing, and similar to the color of the sunset, and I remember us pointing it out to each other.

I'm sure I thought maybe it was a large plane with the sunset reflecting, a pretty common sight considering we have nice sunsets often, and planes are often white or silver. We lit another smoke while we continued watching it approach. As it got closer and the last of sunset faded, we started seeing it resolve into a vague outline form with multiple lights.

Once it started to get close, we left the car now suspecting it was something very unusual. We both got a VERY good look at it as it passed probably 500ft from our mark, at an elevation of approx. 1000ft (hard to tell elevation because it was hard to get any scale on the object).

Things seen/experienced (I'd say my eyeballs were 1500ft away from the craft, maximum):

-A square shaped craft, traveling with a corner facing forward, so it was in effect a "diamond" shaped craft. It may have been a hair narrower than it was long, but I am fairly sure it was either square or close to it, and the diamond shape was an illusion from the orientation and direction of motion. It was big but not giant from what I could tell.

-It had a round white light on each corner, and a larger and more diffuse amber/orange light in the center. There were no significant features. The lights appeared recessed, but shone onto the bottom of the craft somehow, as if there was an illuminated plume projecting out from each port. It was just past sunset with barely any light in the sky, we could just see its silhouette against the dim sky, and the bottom lit by its own lights.

-The hull was dark, but not in an otherworldly way. I could see fine detail, texture on the bottom and what looked like maybe welded panel construction. In fact the closest thing I could compare it to is the hull of a nuclear sub. Maybe flat black or gunmetal gray, definitely not "black hole" or supernatural black. It was well built, but not paranormally so. In fact, it would have looked like an ordinary barge, of course, that is if it were floating in water instead of floating in the sky.

-You could see the hull panels were thick enough to not be warped or flimsy, but were thin enough to still see some variation of form. I remember thinking some years later that they would be just about what you'd expect for a hull that needed to hold atmospheric pressure while the outside was under vacuum. No fancy star wars stuff, no glowing alien glyphs, just an ordinary looking strong panel hull.

-There was no sound from what I could tell. Maybe a very slight low frequency hum, but if so, it was so subtle that I didn't form any memory about it. As far as I'm concerned it was dead silent. I am fairly comfortable saying this, as it was close enough that I could just about see drips in the paint job, and where ET's girlfriend had keyed it after he came home late smelling of perfume.

-It was travelling impossibly slow for a large aircraft. It took about 5-10 minutes (at least a cigarette is how I can remember the exact elapsed time) to reach us after cresting the mountains 10mi away across the valley, and then another 2-3min to disappear over the mountains that were behind us and opposite the craft's origin. After it passed over us, we chased it until the roads turned to impassible dirt. Based on that, I would estimate the speed of the craft between 50-60mph.

Nothing abnormal happened otherwise, although I do have a strange memory/impression of a pilot in a black flightsuit looking down and saying "Sup" while smiling and waving. That was probably just something I made up to have a laugh about it though, since it was so unsettling at the time.

My GF and I spoke just after on the way home that night, to confirm that we'd both just seen what we just saw and weren't crazy, I called my dad (USAF vet) that night, and I haven't spoken another word about this until today.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:55 AM

Great thread, and thank you for sharing your experience. I believe you, and have my own experiences, but I won't share them here. The environment for us is too hostile, moderation and site management have been compromised, and the general attitude towards anyone who has anything to share is simply unfriendly.

True story or not, your purported experience is fascinating.

As for questions about your experience, I would ask:

1. Do you believe the feelings of dread you had suddenly came from your sudden realization of your situation, after your amazement had ended and you became conscious of what bad things might have happened to you, if you had stayed put?

My own speculation here, but I think perhaps the visitor was aware of your feelings, and the sudden shift made it apparent that you were no longer receptive to a meeting of the 4th kind.

2. Did you consider at all maybe staying put, perhaps moving into the circle of blue light?

I believe that was an invitation for you.

Thinking practically, if any higher intelligence wanted to hurt you, your permission really would not be needed nor asked for. As soon as your feelings shifted, and it's a natural reaction in my honest opinion so no need to feel ashamed of it, the visitor ended the encounter, knowing that you were now terrified and a confrontation would do more harm to you than good.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

small edit -

Do not answer questions about individual persons or hand out their names to anyone on this site. There are some bad people here, and you don't know what kind of trouble they can stir up for other witnesses. Keep it anonymous.
edit on 21-8-2015 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:04 AM

originally posted by: Reflection

If it's the latter, it's infuriating because it could help us eliminate our dependency on fossil fuels.

We are not ready to handle that kind of energy source. Not everybody would play nice ;-)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:18 AM
Nice detailed sighting. Could you perhaps make a drawing of the craft?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:54 AM

Olive. My uncle lives in Herndon. He saw this craft you speak of 5 years ago as well. And Herndon is very very far from You. Please read the Thiaoouba Prophecy it will answer all your questions that you have. Trust me.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>