It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Finally ready to add my black triangle sighting to the compendium of UFO anecdotes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:28 PM
a reply to: charlyv

Allegedly, some of the more esoteric craft (and some of the less esoteric, actually) use plasma to guide and control air flow. It's been rumored on the B-2 for years, but has supposedly been nearly perfected to the point it can be deployed on many different platforms.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:40 PM
a reply to: Olivine

Ok... well you saw something extremely similar to what I saw then..
in a manner of speaking... as these phenomena can assume any shape
they want.. from black triangle to a grilled cheese sandwich and back,
(or so it seems).

The one I saw was a perfect equilateral triangle with quite a bit of 'heft'
as you said. It too was 'perfect' (realer than real). The lights at the tips
were exactly as you said.

I too 'felt' that there were no humans or living beings on board, that it
was the 'craft itself' that was 'sentient'.

Which of course is nonsense -- no way I could know that.. but yet people
say these things in cases of high strangeness - invariably.

Well thanks for your responses. I can add another to my list of
functionally identical sightings powered by the same phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:44 PM

I'm convinced that the "noise" that I "felt" was from ELF waves. Like 2-12 Hz low frequency. Whether it was caused by the blue light column or whatever technology was keeping this thing in the air, I'm not sure.

It may have been the cause of your terror too.
According to the Wikipedia article on infrasound "One study has suggested that infrasound may cause feelings of awe or fear in humans. It also was suggested that since it is not consciously perceived, it may make people feel vaguely that odd or supernatural events are taking place."

Also take a look at the wikipedia article on sonic weapons. Low frequencies can cause great biolgical damage.
So your "fear" may have been justifiable in this case.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:58 PM

Thank you.

If I were you, I wouldn't believe anyone's opinion on what these are, as like all other "UFOs" they will never "land", never be "captured" or "figured out" as that is the whole point behind the phenomena. They are magician's wands, not UFOs, not craft at all. If humans ever get their stuff together, they will just disappear, never to torment the human race again.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:17 PM

Was this black triangle more in the shape of a cocoon or like a shape of a diamond(along those lines), and look like it were floating vertically up while its moving forward?
edit on 19-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:05 AM
Good story, although it should go under the "Aliens and UFOs" forum. These black triangles belong to the U.S. They have been sighted in the U.S. and NATO airspace only, presumably because we don't want any non-allied country to get ahold of one. They emit a powerful electro-magnetic field, as do the actual alien starships. This field enables them to cancel the pull of gravity. There are a number of threads on ATS about them. I wish I'd seen it!
My opinion of the black triangles is that they are, "the best we can do", in copying the propulsion system of captured alien saucers. Supposedly developed by Lawrence Livermore, as was the new laser weapon.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:38 AM
Thank you for sharing your story. It took me several years to report my sighting to MUFON. I would urge you to go ahead and contact your local MUFON and report it anyway when you are ready.

I saw a Black Triangle with my wife and stepson in 2004. Now my ex wife (I am remarried with 2 of my own kids now).

Only relevance is the MUFON rep asked if I had any relationship problems after the sighting. Never explained the reason for the question. He did, however, have two engineering degrees and estimated the size of the craft to be two miles. We saw it on a heavily overcast cloudy day too - those clouds form at 10,000 feet. If i held an unfolded newspaper at arms length, I would not have blotted out the craft. It was large, made no noise and it didn't have the blue center light as you described. Just the pale yellowish (pale but hurt to look directly at them) lights on each angle.

The MUFON rep saw one years prior - it was much closer to the ground, one of those lights was the size of his entire subdivision.

I am sure you no doubt know about Fife Symington and the craft seen in Phoenix, Arizona?
edit on 20-8-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:45 AM

originally posted by: Olivine
I never reported my sighting to MUFON or NICAP, but I have looked through their databases. I found one similar sighting, which occurred about 6 hours after mine, in Waldorf, MD (about 100 miles SE of me). Link

No pictures, no video. To be honest, my brain was so busy trying to make sense of what I was seeing, I never thought about it. Plus, I didn't have a camera or phone with me.

I've read quite a bit in the Aircraft forums here, trying to read between the lines of what a few that seem to be in-the-know are thinking. I don't know what I saw, but I know what it wasn't. It wasn't a aeroplane
(no aerodynamics I'm familiar with), helicopter, or a huge balloon (it was traveling ENE, the slight breeze was coming from the NNW. Blimp? Maybe? I've looked at pics of the JLENS aerostat: that wasn't what I saw, and the aerostat will be tethered.

I'm convinced that the "noise" that I "felt" was from ELF waves. Like 2-12 Hz low frequency. Whether it was caused by the blue light column or whatever technology was keeping this thing in the air, I'm not sure.

Anyway, that's my experience. I'll try to answer any questions. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Same thing here, I don't know what I saw - initially thought it was a blimp (no noise, moved very slow), but I know what it wasn't.

My stepson (he was 7 at the time) pointed it out to my wife and I. It appeared to be low to the ground because of how very large it was.

The lights did not penetrate through the clouds like an airplane's lights would.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM

Cool post. I think I'd love to have an experience like this.

People have been describing almost identical objects since the very early 1970s. There are earlier reports although they seemed to become more frequent and similar from around 1974 onwards. Here's one that was recorded in 1972 of an alleged sighting back in 1964:

It's a good example that the reports aren't limited to the USA and occurred before the late '70s. People tend to wave them away as 'secret tech' yet the above report is one of the very earliest and is in Northern England. Of course, she could have made up the entire story and that raises questions of why subsequent reports would contain the same features.

I picked out this other report because several members in the thread will recognise details in their own experiences. One aspect is the amorphous quality that ties in with your comment about not seeing the trailing edge. It can also be the witness' own way of describing the field of stars that appears with some regularity.

When people go on to describe a pillar of light (typically red), it makes me think of a magician's white gloves. It seems to focus the attention and then some people report the emotional state they felt; not 'all,' but a few. In your experience it was fear and in others it's been a feeling of peace and safety. If this is 'secret tech,' it's powerful stuff isn't it? A technology that instils fear can paralyse populations and make crowd control a lot easier. Or conversely, making crowds feel all benevolent and loving would also be a very useful tool - compliance is a strategy. It could also be an unconnected response due to being faced with something so unexpected.

Something so large, that flies so low, seems counter-intuitive as a device for warfare. In hostile territory, what would protect it from attack when it's a 100 feet up like a hovering barn door? As John Lennon once said, 'I could have hit it with a brick.' Being potentially limited to the cover of night seems odd too.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:44 AM

You are not alone in witnessing one of these craft .
Sightings stretch back to at least 1895 , which would
preclude an earthly origin.
Having said that , in modern times the U.S
"black budget" is huge , and may include creating
a reverse engineered craft called a tier3B , or TR3B .
I can personally assure you the guvmint has contact with et
of a benevolent kind ,(very similar to us) and this
possibility is not beyond their capability .

Meanwhile the rest of the world is waiting for
public disclosure ....

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
If you read David Marler's book, he makes the case quite credibly that so-called "Black Triangle UFOs" predated Christopher Columbus (and in fact Christopher may have seen one). That really blows to hell and gone the idea that these "craft" are "ours"; of course it's certainly possible that some cheap knock-off like a TR3B is flying around.. but nobody would confuse that with the "real thing", which quite humorously is not quite "real".

There are stories of Native American's, some before any modern technology was invented, seeing "Triangular UFOs" "land" and turn into a "person" or an "orb". Of course these stories cannot be verified.. in fact none of the stories, ancient or modern, can be verified, which is rather the entire point of the phenomena.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
a reply to: Kandinsky

An excellent response! You speak with data. I love it.

Your one sentence here,

"Being potentially limited to the cover of night seems odd too"

It certainly does.. not that there haven't been daytime sightings, but nothing like the dusk and nighttime sightings.

Now, I know that I'll be teased mercilessly for saying this, but the one I saw was quite "chatty" and told me all this stuff about not liking to have to travel in the same arcs for so long (seemed hundreds of years) and there was the sense that one of the major goals was to use the Earth as shielding from the Sun.

The solar wind is composed of solar plasma and debris between the Sun and the Earth, and would be quite a vigorous disturbance to any "plasma life forms". Solar maxima and minima of sunspots also have differing effects on the solar wind, not just the robustness of it, but where it strikes (taking into account deflection by the Van Allen belts and the Earth's magnetic field).

So I think the tendency for "critters" to be "beings of the night" makes perfect sense. Also that such "critters" might like to live underground (further shielding) is quite common in all mythology.

All speculation I know. It wold take a lot of data which is not available to prove this and a lot of computing power.

But the psychological effect is more important anyway.. as these "sightings" began, I think, during the Neolithic period, at a time when the balance between the right and left hemisphere's of the human mind began to become disturbed.

I'm starting to write this up on my blog.

As for seeing one.. i'm not certain you want to do that.. but if you were insane, there might be a way; i know that it worked for me.

Just mentioned this, as you brought up similar (though not so 'wooish' points).

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hiya Kev, I tried to find your site the other day and it didn't seem to exist. I'm also gonna listen to this Marler fellow in interview and see where he's coming from

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
a reply to: Kandinsky

the site works just fine for various other people.. including Jacques Vallee!

I'm on it right now.. btw.

Yes, the David Marler book, "Triangular UFOs: an assessment of the situation" is FIRST RATE,
and I think you'd also appreciate:

ENCOUNTERS WITH STAR PEOPLE: Untold Stories of American Indians
by Ardy Sixkiller Clarke

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
Just wanted to say you gave us an uncommonly detailed observation of something most people know cannot exist... yet does... in some manner.

Whether plasma beings, secret govt or break-away craft, aliens ... or something so much weirder our best guesses fall far short, I don't have the faintest idea... or rather, my own guesses change almost daily... but I know they are seen.

There are many, many people who would really like a satisfying answer, though... it's fascinating ... and unsettling to know something so seemingly strange is going on.

So thanks for being brave and adding some info.

And if ours, why did they (or it) hit you with the elf "fear ray?" Pretty nasty, if ours... and either way, unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:20 AM
a reply to: Baddogma

I wrote a blog post about why the "UFOs" and "god"
for that matter, want to keep us all afraid all of the
time .. afraid and off-balance -- sound familiar?

Why Does "God" (and UFOs, etc) Want us to be Afraid all the Time?
edit on 20-8-2015 by KellyPrettyBear because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Would you be so kind as to scan in and post some of the drawings? Very curious to see them.

No scanner, but I took a pic of a notebook page that was just a quick doodle and jotting down of remembered facts. No date on this page, but the next page was dated January 2012.
No laughing at my left-handed chicken scratch. I just always keep a pencil & binder by my compy to jot down random notes; for my eyes only. And no laughing at my lack of graphics skills...Paint is not my friend, lol.

I also made a quick diagram of my street, trying to show the scale of what I saw and where I was standing.

ETA: hmm, don't know why the pic got so small. I'll try again. brb
edit on 8/20/2015 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:39 AM
a reply to: RavenSpeaks

After this triangle sighting, I did some snooping on the internet for information. This website had some scary stuff about infrasound.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM

originally posted by: Baddogma

And if ours, why did they (or it) hit you with the elf "fear ray?" Pretty nasty, if ours... and either way, unnecessary.

I've wondered about this quite a bit. I waffle between the following:

1. The pilot/craft did it on purpose to stop me/protect me from touching the blue light column. (then what was the purpose of turning the blue beam on?)
2. The pilot/craft is unaware that they are generating a nasty environment for folks at close range. (doubtful)
3. It was done on purpose to scare me. (what I lean toward)

During my encounter, I was certain the craft couldn't care less that it was seen. I even felt that it "saw" me, before I was aware of it.

This is going to sound goofy, but when I saw the 1st glowing pale light at a distance, and for a second thought it was the moon, I also got a brief mental impression of the Cheshire Cat from Disney's animated Alice in Wonderland. You know the scene, sitting on a tree bough, his smile lolling back and forth. Weird right? It lends to an overall impression of the craft or its pilots being tricksters, or pranksters.

edit on 8/20/2015 by Olivine because: formatting

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM

Thanks for sharing! I found them very interesting, and definitely have no qualms with your MSPaint skills. My own are not any better. And a picture works just as well as a scanner.

When you use the pic tags it automatically resizes the image to ATS specs. I'm not a fan of the thumb tags, as that does link to the image, but also makes it even smaller. So what I like to do for bigger images, or something with more detail is make the pic tag the target for a link.

An example for your images:

All you have to do is omit the underscores, and voila:

Both are clickable links to the larger images.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>