It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: beezzer

I don't like kids being abused, Buzzy, but I also dislike your version of "utopia".

How is it "utopian" to want to educate parents on how best to fulfill their responsibilities?

You "want" to force parents to obey only one ideological standard that only you approve of.

link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

originally posted by: kellyjay

a reply to: kellyjay

I'm guessing that would be for all children with messed up parents that leave deep emotional scares. If you saw a parent feed poison to their kid would you say it's ok to respect that? And by poison I mean anything that would lead a teenager to suicide.

I'm sure you read my argument for homosexuality not being a choice. Would you like to respond to that?

I'm only reading comments that are aimed at me, however she has clearly stated she means christians...i have my answer

Fair enough!

Do you think homosexuality is a choice, or genetically predisposed?

Its not something i think about, people are who people are and we accept it.

link   

Us Christian people sure are being persecuted lately. Due to the homosexual agenda and Obama, the way Christians worship is slowly rotting. I wish people would stop hating us and judging us. Only we are allowed to judge and hate.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I do my best to point out all "bad parents." It just so happens that lots of Evangelical Christians are busy instilling lies and self-loathing into their kids, and throwing them out or beating them because of their sexuality. And that is wrong.
No matter WHO is doing it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Not that's n o t what the Bible says! Jesus is the only way!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Us Christian people sure are being persecuted lately. Due to the homosexual agenda and Obama, the way Christians worship is slowly rotting. I wish people would stop hating us and judging us. Only we are allowed to judge and hate.

lolz

There should be a law. . . .

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

WRONG WRONG WRONG. As a Christian I make sure to beat my child regularly. Just as Jesus and God would want. Don't believe me? Look at what God puts Jesus through.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

WRONG WRONG WRONG. As a Christian I make sure to beat my child regularly. Just as Jesus and God would want. Don't believe me? Look at what God puts Jesus through.

And this is an awesome example of how atheists view anyone who is religious!

Keep it up!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I would kick them out of the house and cut off all contact with them. I will not stand by while my child is sodomized by the devils homosexual agenda. Gays deserve an eternity of torture in Hell. Praise jesus!

I can't figure out if this is sick sarcasm, or you're really serious? I'm sure the jokers who gave you stars must have a sick sense of humor :-)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You "want" to force parents to obey only one ideological standard that only you approve of.

Are you having fun, beez?

I want American Citizens to have access to best-practice parenting information. Just like I want them to learn to read.
Good Lord, HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND?

The word "obtuse" comes to mind.

It's not about what "only I approve of". I spent several tens of thousands of dollars and several years WORKING WITH kids whose parents were crap, and with adults who were scarred for life by their parents' judgmentalism. I have been to so many continuing education courses on brain development, family systems, parenting and child rearing that I have lost count. I have spoken at a National Conference about how to nurture our kids from prenatal to adolescence. I HAVE CREDENTIALS. It is my specialty.

If you don't want to accept that, or you want to mock me for having training and an education in standard best-practice child-rearing, psychology, family systems, brain development, and parenting..... you go right ahead. I can't stop you from dismissing me as some sort of pushy dictator.

But you CAN'T take away my education.

edit on 8/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

She's being facetious.

link   

I would kick them out of the house and cut off all contact with them. I will not stand by while my child is sodomized by the devils homosexual agenda. Gays deserve an eternity of torture in Hell. Praise jesus!

I can't figure out if this is sick sarcasm, or you're really serious? I'm sure the jokers who gave you stars must have a sick sense of humor :-)

This is how many here view Christians or religious people.

He's mocking Christianity, but also illustrating how those "progressive" folks see us.

link   

I do my best to point out all "bad parents." It just so happens that lots of Evangelical Christians are busy instilling lies and self-loathing into their kids, and throwing them out or beating them because of their sexuality. And that is wrong.
No matter WHO is doing it.

evangelicals are but a tiny minority in america, i see more children abused by non evangelicals, in fact i cant remember even reading about an evangelical whos child was thrown out and turned to prostitution because thir parent couldnt accept their homosexuality.....id say it was a bigger issue outwith the evangelical community....but you have already stated that you hate evangelicals, so i can understand now why you would pick on that one particular group.

so is this thread really about education, or more to do with you and your contempt for evangelicals and having a swipe at them?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Are you having fun, beez?

I want American Citizens to have access to best-practice parenting information. Just like I want them to learn to read.
Good Lord, HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND?

The word "obtuse" comes to mind.

And who gets to dictate the "best-practice" parenting information?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm guessing that would be for all children with messed up parents that leave deep emotional scares. If you saw a parent feed poison to their kid would you say it's ok to respect that? And by poison I mean anything that would lead a teenager to suicide.

I'm sure you read my argument for homosexuality not being a choice. Would you like to respond to that?

I'm only reading comments that are aimed at me, however she has clearly stated she means christians...i have my answer

Fair enough!

Do you think homosexuality is a choice, or genetically predisposed?

Its not something i think about, people are who people are and we accept it.

Cool, but then I guess you are not a Christian. The Holy Book does not condone homosexuality, and does not accept those who are what they are!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm just following the Bible like a good Christian! I never think without it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm just following the Bible like a good Christian! I never think without it.

Keep it up!

Tell me more! PLEASE!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Lol … I hope that you just have a sick sense of humor!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

a reply to: AllIsOne

She's being facetious.

Thank you Lord!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ill pray for you beezer. I can sense your darkness and Ignorance of the word of God. I hope you straighten yourself out so that you don't spend an eternity in Hell rotting for your sins.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join