It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thanks for the encoragement. I will never stop spreading The Word, my friend. I hope you find Jesus so God doesn't send you to Hell.
edit on 20-8-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Just saying what a good little bunny said.

Please don't stop reinterpreting me.

I reaally appreciate seeing this level of hatred from you all.

It's illuminating!

You will never know the love I have for all people, including you my friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Did you refer to any religions or political beliefs in your work?

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No. Never. Not even one time.

Then perhaps you should refrain from those in topics like this one.

Who were you "blaming" in your work then?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

Thank you!

- Do you believe in both the NT AND OT?

Literally? No. I believe that many of the stories are allegories. Though I do believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

- What is the basis of your belief system as a Christian? Bible only?

I went through phases. Even dabbled with wicca in college. Grew up in the Anglican Church. So a lifetime of experiences with different cultures, different religions, different societies, and different attitudes within my own life.

- If you were born in Saudi Arabia would you also be a Christian? Who exposed you to Christianity?

I'd probably be of Islam if I were Saudi. Second question previously answered.

- What is the definition of a Christian nowadays?

I don't honestly know. If you asked 100 people, you'd probably get 100 different answers. I'm a lousy Christian by any standard. I cuss, drink, do all sorts of things that more church-going folks probably frown on.

- How do you feel about living in a country that has now officially ruled the Bible to be against the law of the land? (Yes,I now about the religious practice exemption, but de facto that is just a technicality and doesn't affect the core of the ruling).

If you're talking about gay marriage, the church I belong to now is okay with it. Hell, even our Organist is gay. And he can JAM! We also work together on our "homeless shelter" nights when we make dinners and meals for folks who can't afford it or are homeless.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
a reply to: AllIsOne

let me ask you a question....

83% of americans identify themselves as christians, thats a massive amount, now there are liberals who are christian, and advocate gay rights, do liberals christians have a different god than other christians? or is it simply that some people who claim to be christian cherry pick the bible, some people perhaps work their christianity around their personal social beliefs? could it be that not everyone is as crazy as the westboro baptists and take everything so literally?

the point I'm trying to make is that not everyone who is christian, stands out with placards that say "homosexuals burn in hell" so please put that tar brush down

Excellent questions and that's exactly my point! "Christian" has become a meaningless moniker that means a million different things to people. Why even use it? It's like me saying that I'm a member of the KKK, but only like the white hood … ;-)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Who were you "blaming" in your work then?

Crap parents.

That is all I have to say to you, xuen.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Thank you!

- Do you believe in both the NT AND OT?

Literally? No. I believe that many of the stories are allegories. Though I do believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

- What is the basis of your belief system as a Christian? Bible only?

I went through phases. Even dabbled with wicca in college. Grew up in the Anglican Church. So a lifetime of experiences with different cultures, different religions, different societies, and different attitudes within my own life.

- If you were born in Saudi Arabia would you also be a Christian? Who exposed you to Christianity?

I'd probably be of Islam if I were Saudi. Second question previously answered.

- What is the definition of a Christian nowadays?

I don't honestly know. If you asked 100 people, you'd probably get 100 different answers. I'm a lousy Christian by any standard. I cuss, drink, do all sorts of things that more church-going folks probably frown on.

- How do you feel about living in a country that has now officially ruled the Bible to be against the law of the land? (Yes,I now about the religious practice exemption, but de facto that is just a technicality and doesn't affect the core of the ruling).

If you're talking about gay marriage, the church I belong to now is okay with it. Hell, even our Organist is gay. And he can JAM! We also work together on our "homeless shelter" nights when we make dinners and meals for folks who can't afford it or are homeless.

Thank you!

(And nobody played that organ like Billy Preston, the fifth Beatles. A black, gay man. RIP)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I didn't get that memo. Is there an asterisk next to the verses that are "made up".

link   

I also was raised in the Anglican church.
And yes, the Anglican/Episcopal church is fine with it.

SO WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME, beezzer? Just getting your jollies?

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Sound very "professional" and "educated".

good response

link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
a reply to: AllIsOne

let me ask you a question....

83% of americans identify themselves as christians, thats a massive amount, now there are liberals who are christian, and advocate gay rights, do liberals christians have a different god than other christians? or is it simply that some people who claim to be christian cherry pick the bible, some people perhaps work their christianity around their personal social beliefs? could it be that not everyone is as crazy as the westboro baptists and take everything so literally?

the point I'm trying to make is that not everyone who is christian, stands out with placards that say "homosexuals burn in hell" so please put that tar brush down

Excellent questions and that's exactly my point! "Christian" has become a meaningless moniker that means a million different things to people. Why even use it? It's like me saying that I'm a member of the KKK, but only like the white hood … ;-)

because they IDENTIFY themselves as christian, i could ask the same about trans genders, or lesbians why use that term? because that is how they IDENTIFY themselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Never mind ill just twist it to suit whatever I need.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You have access to my posts and threads. Read them.
Stop attacking me.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

why are you attacking christians?

nobody is attacking you, were debating your stance..skewed as it is, if you wish not to have a debate, then maybe not posting will remedy that

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not attacking you, I'm defending freedom.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

I didn't get that memo. Is there an asterisk next to the verses that are "made up".

It's all up to faith and what you want from it.

But please, if you're going to reply to me, at least use an insulting term, that way I know you're honest and sincere.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

You are brand new here, and do not understand the dynamic of the posts between me and other members.
Feel free to reread my posts in this thread, and to peruse my posting history.
Until you have done that, keep your opinions about ME to yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No beez, you are attacking me, and you damn well know it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So you think that God, by laying down very clear rules and leaving The Truth for us, while telling us we would suffer an eternity of torture, was so we could ignore it and believe what we want anyway? Fascinating views on religion you have

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No beez, you are attacking me, and you damn well know it.

I guess I'm just more open-minded about some things.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join