It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I guess I'm just more open-minded about some things.

Like child abuse?

edit on 8/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

So you think that God, by laying down very clear rules and leaving The Truth for us, while telling us we would suffer an eternity of torture, was so we could ignore it and believe what we want anyway? Fascinating views on religion you have

Like I said, Hatie McHatehate, I'm a lousy Christian.

Now go deny freedoms, or do whatever it is you do.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Like child abuse?

Religion isn't child abuse.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: kellyjay

You are brand new here, and do not understand the dynamic of the posts between me and other members.
Feel free to reread my posts in this thread, and to peruse my posting history.
Until you have done that, keep your opinions about ME to yourself.

I dont have an opinion on you, i do have an opinion on this post though and what you have said therein, and again, if you wish not your stance to be discussed or debated, and instead imply people are "attacking" you simply by raising questions regarding said stance, then maybe you shouldnt post topics that can be easily debunked and torn apart.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Hey hey hey.

I already said "judgey mcjudgerson." You have to come up with something else to use.

Now get back to defending freedom!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It is if the child grows up feeling like they are a worthless piece of crap and are born sinners and destined for hell and constantly told so.
You aren't an "Evangelical Christian" - so why are you defending the OBVIOUS abuse that SOME of them inflict on their kids?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I will In the name of God. C all me when you want to be saved.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No no you just don't understand. There are a very narrow set of parameters in which an ATS member is allowed to offer their opinion in response to another ATS member's opinion.

Namely, if a member doesn't like your opinion, you're no longer allowed to post it where that member may see it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You are NOT allowed to attack members. And you know it.
Go after the ball, not the player.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Okay.

I'm done. Have your fun, folks.

I'll just continue to be concerned about the kids whose parents refuse to accept them for who they are. If that's okay with you. (Or, actually, even if it's not.)

I hope you've all enjoyed yourselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Attacking your agenda and attacking your words is NOT attacking YOU.

"Your opinion is ignorant and here's why..." - attacking your words.

"You're an idiot/terrible parent." - attacking YOU.

Kind of a big difference.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

No no you just don't understand. There are a very narrow set of parameters in which an ATS member is allowed to offer their opinion in response to another ATS member's opinion.

Namely, if a member doesn't like your opinion, you're no longer allowed to post it where that member may see it.

Ahhh ok i got you now LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Okay.

I'm done. Have your fun, folks.

I'll just continue to be concerned about the kids whose parents refuse to accept them for who they are. If that's okay with you. (Or, actually, even if it's not.)

I hope you've all enjoyed yourselves.

Thats great, and maybe while your spreading all that "care" you could maybe stop demonizing and being hateful towards christians?

kthxbaai

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It is if the child grows up feeling like they are a worthless piece of crap and are born sinners and destined for hell and constantly told so.
You aren't an "Evangelical Christian" - so why are you defending the OBVIOUS abuse that SOME of them inflict on their kids?

I think the worst form of child abuse is abortion.

Why do you defend that?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Enough.

The derailing of this thread and the obtuseness stops now.

Discuss the topic, not each other.

If you can't do that, don't post. If you can't resist carrying on, expect to be post banned.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

a reply to: tigertatzen

It is also a way to start fights to start a thread that baits a specific group of people too.

There many more people of faith whose doctrines preach homosexuality as sin, but in the OP's world, only conservative Christians need to be called on it.

Perhaps I missed something then, because the OP does not say anything about that, as I already copied and pasted on the post you're responding to.

ETA: The OP was changed, I gather, from what it originally said? I really didn't want to slog through pages of fighting and nitpicking but I guess I'm going to have to since I stuck my neck out there in defense of someone who may very well not have been deserving of it. Looks like I owe someone an apology.

edit on 31194America/ChicagoThu, 20 Aug 2015 16:19:51 -050031pm31231America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
To some people, "freedom" means "being able to live and let live."

To others, it means "being able to live and NOT let live."

Darkness pretends to be Light.

There is a difference between, being free to disagree with homosexuality and being free to disagree with homosexuality and using that as an excuse to stop gay people from living their lives by denying equal rights and harming them.

Not being able to harm homosexuals is not "denying freedom". It's a part of protecting it.

"Live and let live"

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
deleted to stop thread drift & 'cos the moderator is getting persisted off......
edit on 20-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I just want to apologize for being harsh toward you yesterday in my post. I'm not going to sit here and read pages and pages of people fighting like children...I just don't have the stomach for it today... but from what I can gather, the OP was a bit different by the time I saw it than it was when first published. I don't care to be manipulated, and it really bothers me to find out that I was. Lesson learned.

ON TOPIC:

My thoughts (if anyone cares) on the subject, speaking to the edited OP, which is the only one I saw, are as follows:

This type of abuse really does happen. She's got that part at least accurate. I know because I have seen it. And while it actually did happen at the hands of people who professed themselves to be "christians", I don't think it is a "christian" problem...or even necessarily a religious problem of any kind.

It is a humanity problem, specific not to people of a certain religious affiliation, but to people who twist such things as religious teachings and texts around to suit their own intent. Take the religious aspect out of it and people like that would find something else to use as an excuse for mistreating other human beings. It is a control thing. A need to subvert. And children are the easiest target for people like that. It is sick, twisted, undeniably jacked up. But it happens regardless of religious affiliation, and trying to make it about religion is doing a grave injustice to the victims here, when what we really need to do is address it as a societal problem and actually do something other than squabble about it and throw potshots at each other. That is all.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I don't understand. Are you saying my belief in Jesus does not give me a right to dictate the lives of others? I'm gonna ignore that concept and pretend it doesn't exist.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join