It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You want to make it manditory.

You've defended why.

Now I could see you turning a shade of blue if a religious person became in charge of said "manditory" re-education centers.

Freedom is sometimes an ugly thing because it allows freedom for good people and bad people.

You cannot protect from all the bad people without eliminating freedom for all the good people.

It's like writing "Good atheist" on one side of a piece of paper and "Bad Christian" on the other side of the same piece of paper. Then only trying to burn just the "Bad Christian" side of the paper without burning the "Good Atheist" side of the paper.

It's impossible.

If you truely embrace freedom and personal liberties, you are going to have to learn to put up with religious people.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

No. What is your problem, please?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

I'm guessing that would be for all children with messed up parents that leave deep emotional scares. If you saw a parent feed poison to their kid would you say it's ok to respect that? And by poison I mean anything that would lead a teenager to suicide.

I'm sure you read my argument for homosexuality not being a choice. Would you like to respond to that?

im only reading comments that are aimed at me, however she has clearly stated she means christians...i have my answer

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

All of which is made hilarious since you keep complaining about people twisting what YOU say, but seem to not bat an eyelash at twisting the words of others or just flat out making things up and attributing it to them.

What it appears you will also continue to do is sit in judgement of an entire religion, while hiding behind the veil of "it's just a little question for religious parents." The reality is you don't have a problem judging others according to your beliefs, on the suspicion (no actual evidence needed that they're actually doing so, simply being Christian is evidence enough apparently) that they're treating their children a certain way and judging their children in a manner that conflicts with your own judgement.

Doesn't matter if their internal feeling on the matter is never displayed and doesn't change how the Christian parent treats their child. It's still wrong in your book and that's all that matters.

Ban all religions! Or just Christianity. Or maybe just evangelicals. Or Christians. No, wait, all religion. No how about just evangelicals. Actually no let's just go with Christians in general.

Sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

If you truely embrace freedom and personal liberties, you are going to have to learn to put up with religious people.

And by extension also put up with the results when their children are a mess, homeless, prostituting themselves, doing drugs and running away because their parents don't like them? Just not care about those kids?

I already do "put up with" religious people. But when it results in kids being harmed - I draw the line.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No. What is your problem, please?

This -

ANY PARENT WHO REJECTS OR ABUSES THEIR CHILD FOR BEING WHO THEY ARE and TELLS THEM THEY WILL BURN IN HELL.

I cant see a non religious parent telling their child that they will burn in hell for being homosexual, so that comment is aimed at christians.

so again, do you mean ALL parents and children? or just christian parents and children...im confused

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Not a "religious person."

Just Christians.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have already answered you.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: AllIsOne

Thank you. You are welcome to take over the thread. I'm exhausted.

No I won't … lol.

Do not get caught up in those ad hominem attacks. When you start arguing with idiots there is only one outcome. You will end up on their level. Keep your eye on the ball. Also: you won't change hearts on a website. Did you expect religious parents to say that you're absolutely right? All we can do is sow the truth. It may take a lifetime to grow, but grow it will :-)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I already do "put up with" religious people. But when it results in kids being harmed - I draw the line.

So damn all Christians? Eliminate freedoms?

I don't like kids being abused, Buzzy, but I also dislike your version of "utopia".

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And by extension also put up with the results when their children are a mess, homeless, prostituting themselves, doing drugs and running away because their parents don't like them? Just not care about those kids?

sigh*...stop implying that is is ONLY christian children who run away or are homeless or prostituting themselves and doing drugs!

Your blatant hatred for christians is eating at you and the result is this myopic view that is just so jaded!....Bad parents produce children with problems...and bad parenting isnt symptomatic of christian familys soley!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Great analogy re paper! But I don't agree. It is our duty to intervene when a kid is fed poison. There are parental actions that will lead to a prosperous life and there are some that will lead to suicide. I can't just stand there and watch the show. Maybe that is God's privilege, not mine :-)

link   

.Bad parents produce children with problems...and bad parenting isnt symptomatic of christian familys soley!

Yes. Bad Parents produce children with problems.

I want to work toward there being no Bad Parents.
Is that so awful?

link   

I would kick them out of the house and cut off all contact with them. I will not stand by while my child is sodomized by the devils homosexual agenda. Gays deserve an eternity of torture in Hell. Praise jesus!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I have already answered you.

perhaps you could clarify your answer, christians parents or all parents?

link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

I'm guessing that would be for all children with messed up parents that leave deep emotional scares. If you saw a parent feed poison to their kid would you say it's ok to respect that? And by poison I mean anything that would lead a teenager to suicide.

I'm sure you read my argument for homosexuality not being a choice. Would you like to respond to that?

I'm only reading comments that are aimed at me, however she has clearly stated she means christians...i have my answer

Fair enough!

Do you think homosexuality is a choice, or genetically predisposed?

link   

I don't like kids being abused, Buzzy, but I also dislike your version of "utopia".

How is it "utopian" to want to educate parents on how best to fulfill their responsibilities?

edit on 8/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

.Bad parents produce children with problems...and bad parenting isnt symptomatic of christian familys soley!

Yes. Bad Parents produce children with problems.

I want to work toward there being no Bad Parents.
Is that so awful?

Of course not...but when you point the finger at christians and say they are the problem, rather than pointing the finger at all bad parents, then it becomes more an issue of you being wrong, and takes away from the point

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Great analogy re paper! But I don't agree. It is our duty to intervene when a kid is fed poison. There are parental actions that will lead to a prosperous life and there are some that will lead to suicide. I can't just stand there and watch the show. Maybe that is God's privilege, not mine :-)

there are already agencies and laws in place for that.

Who wants a child abused?

But I won't eliminate freedoms in order to promote draconian rule.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You would think that after generations of a failed education system, the educated administrators and central government would have figured out their failings by now and come up with a solution.

Hmmm.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join