It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have now provided you with a few resources to investigate for yourselves. You all are continuing to troll and sensationalize the entire thread. Proud of yourselves?

And somewhere, meanwhile, another gay youth is being thrown out or forced into "pray away the gay" programs or beaten half to death by THEIR OWN PARENTS.

edit on 8/20/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

are you implying that its only religious people that find homosexuality repugnant?

Im kinda getting a vibe from your OP that you dont like people who are religious, theres an undercurrent there of contempt,not sure if anyone else has noticed it....which makes it hard for me to take the question you posed seriously, while talking about how christians/muslims dislike gays, when you give out the vibes of disliking the religious.

js

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

I very much have disdain for the Fundamentalist Evangelical mindset that traumatizes kids. That doesn't make the question any less important.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
So you folks don't see anything wrong with teens becoming homeless via rejection, or emotional distress caused by parental reactions, then. I get it.

And yet you accuse everybody else of sensationalizing things. Coooooool

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Look at the resources. You don't have to take my word for it.
Or, go ahead and treat your kids like crap. They're not "my" kids, so I just shouldn't give a rats ass. Right?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I very much have disdain for the Fundamentalist Evangelical mindset that traumatizes kids. That doesn't make the question any less important.

are fundamentalist evangelicals the same as your everyday christians that make up 83% of the population??

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No, and I made that clear from the VERY BEGINNING.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No, and I made that clear from the VERY BEGINNING.

you didnt make it clear in your OP...it seems you are trying to lump christians and those westboro baptist nutters together.....im pretty sure the majority of christians would support their children regardless of sexual orientation, i myself am atheist, so its not a factor for me, if my son tells me he is gay, then it wont change how i feel about him, and im sure the majority of christians that arent anywhere near the same as the westboro people would be the same.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I have to say though that i do have an issue with your OP, its almost like you are attacking those who are religious, implying that they would feel differently about that situation than someone who isnt religious, or implying that because they are religious the question needs to be asked because "christians hate gays"

Why even include religion? why not just ask how people feel about homosexuality as a whole rather than trying to demonize christians?

no F or S for you

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Okay, judgey mcjudgerson. Now that you're gonna go after my parenting skills when you know exactly zero about me, my kids, my parents, or any other damn thing you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Get off your self righteous horse of liberal indignation. This thread was never, ever about wanting to educate anybody about anything. You wanted a crusade against religion in general and Christianity specifically. Guess what? You got it. As angry as people like you get when somebody tries to prostelize to you? That's as angry as GOOD parents get when somebody decides to insert themselves into their families and tell them how to parent.

But I'm sure you already knew that, since you obviously know everything about everybody, everywhere. And know how to do everything, better than anybody else. You could've saved ATS several pages of bullcrap by just posting "this is how I parent and I'm better than you are if you're religious so do what I do." Same message, way more concise.

Good day to you

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Okay, judgey mcjudgerson. Now that you're gonna go after my parenting skills when you know exactly zero about me, my kids, my parents, or any other damn thing you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Get off your self righteous horse of liberal indignation. This thread was never, ever about wanting to educate anybody about anything. You wanted a crusade against religion in general and Christianity specifically. Guess what? You got it. As angry as people like you get when somebody tries to prostelize to you? That's as angry as GOOD parents get when somebody decides to insert themselves into their families and tell them how to parent.

But I'm sure you already knew that, since you obviously know everything about everybody, everywhere. And know how to do everything, better than anybody else. You could've saved ATS several pages of bullcrap by just posting "this is how I parent and I'm better than you are if you're religious so do what I do." Same message, way more concise.

Good day to you

its quite ironic, that were on a post about christians judging gays or thier children, while the creator of said post judges others...hypocritical actually

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

This thread was never, ever about wanting to educate anybody about anything.

Yes it was, whether you can comprehend it or not.

You wanted a crusade against religion in general and Christianity specifically.
It has been about Christian parents who say homosexuals will burn in hell and are abominations AND how they indoctrinate their children with self-loathing and fear from birth.

It happens every day.
/shrug

I should report you for a manners violation. But I'll just let your post speak for itself. Very Christ-like of you. TO ALL OF YOU: Go ahead and screw up your kids, if that's your bag. Don't come crying to me when they despise you for rejecting who they are.

Bunch of trolls.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Are you an Evangelical parent who bullies your kid for their sexuality? If not, none of this applies to you.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes, this thread has been full of trolls right from the very OP.

It's funny, you keep switching between Christians to all religions to Christians to evangelicals to Christians to evangelicals.

If you're going to pretend this thread is directed at all religions and not just Christians, you should probably stick to one terminology instead of whichever one suits the comment you're making at that particular point in time.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

IT WAS ALWAYS ABOUT EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS AND CHILD ABUSE.

YOU ALL bitched and moaned, so I changed it to address ALL homophobic religious parents.

Do you have any other questions? If not, then please cease and desist your ad hominem attacks and projection onto me.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Are you an Evangelical parent who bullies your kid for their sexuality? If not, none of this applies to you.

I wonder how many evangelicals are on ATS that bully their kids for their sexuality.....im gunna take a stab in the dark here and say probably none, so if that was the only people you wanted to respond (which i doubt highly) your post would have been dead.

maybe this post would have been better posted in the RANT forum.....your hatred is obvious

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

IT WAS ALWAYS ABOUT EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS AND CHILD ABUSE.

YOU ALL bitched and moaned, so I changed it to address ALL homophobic religious parents.

Do you have any other questions? If not, then please cease and desist your ad hominem attacks and projection onto me.

Kudos for finally admitting the agenda!

Ps pointing out shifting stances and opinions is not an ad hominem attack. It's pointing out shifting stances and opinions. If you find having that pointed out to be a personal attack then I don't know what to tell ya. But I do find the accusation of doing so to be rather humorous, given your comment about me treating my kids like crap because I didn't look at your "resources."

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: AllIsOne

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: AllIsOne
a reply to: DeathSlayer

How can your God of love turn into a homophobe when it comes to same sex love? I never understood that???

Well you need to ask him.

Do you know how?

So you personally have no clue … ?

Correct. No one does.

This is how non believers try to "trap" a Christian by asking us why God does this or that.

If I wanted an answer from my Father I would not ask my brother for the answer. That makes no sense.

If you truly want an answer than you need to ask him.....personally and you can't, can you?

You can't hear his voice can you?

Nice try, but I won't bite. I only asked you about your personal opinion! No need to extend this into a metaphysical debate. I'm directly asking you how your God of love turns into a homophobe when love is between the same sexes? Is the questions too complicated for you?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you find having that pointed out to be a personal attack then I don't know what to tell ya. But I do find the accusation of doing so to be rather humorous, given your comment about me treating my kids like crap because I didn't look at your "resources."

YOU people pitched a fit that it wasn't directed at ALL homophobic religious people.

And I didn't say "you treat your kids like crap." FFS, dude!
Just STOP. Stop twisting the question.

You want me to shut up?
Oh well.

I want parents to treat their children with RESPECT, and to acknowledge them like the individuals they are, rather than trying to mold them into something they are not or rejecting them for their personalities.

Until that happens, I'll continue to be bothered by it.
You want me to not give a damn? NOT YOUR CHOICE if I do or not.
What is your choice is how you treat your kids.

If you are harming them emotionally or physically, I will protest.
End of chat.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
Firstly I am not anti-gay, I am anti homosexual sex.

I'm already confused from your first sentence. So you have no problem if homosexuals lived together without sex?

If my children feel they are attracted to the same sex I will get them the help they need and support them through it. It is a lie to say that they are born that way,

About 10% of the animal population is homosexual/bisexual. Please provide evidence that animals choose to be gay? And again, you can only make a choice if you know what you choose from. That requires that you were bi-sexual at one point, otherwise your statement makes no sense!

and there is help out there for them that has nothing to do with the homonazi caricature of beating or exorcising the gayness out of them.

Scientology has a nice program for that too ;-)

I personally know several people who were practicing homosexual sex and turned to Jesus and are now healed and truly free and happy.

You can repress your sexual orientation for a long time, but over time it will resurface again. You can't deny who you are. And don't forget they may be bisexual.

You don't have to flame me now because you don't like my answer, but I doubt you will be able to restrain yourself.

I'm not flaming you, but I'm trying to understand who put so much hate in your soul for not accepting people who feel differently about sex than you do. How was your childhood … ;-)

edit on 20-8-2015 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join