It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot bodies and Mount St. Helens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Cool story.

This wouldn't be the first time thought that I've heard the US Gov. knows about bigfoot. Apparently they know, and even "protect" the bigfoot species.

I still find it hard to believe because with thermal cameras and whatnot we still can't find them.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's the same thing with all these stories. Person finds out that they are doing some research. Other person tells them, "Hey, we can't really tell you what is going on, ok?" Person just nods head and doesn't ask any questions or insist in asking any.

If that were me, I'd be asking so many questions. Not to mention, doing some surveillance of my own to get to the bottom of it. This guy just saw these creatures and he goes back to living his normal life.

Sounds like a BS to me. I do think they are out there though.. just ask Zippy

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

To get your attention or maybe you know because of your mentioning elsewhere of a large UFO book collection, the Sasquatch creatures have been associated with UFOs in decades past.

On a local level, I heard a suspected Sasquatch from my former home in Manchaca in 1986 and Round Rock, in the early days, had an open refuse dump around which a Sasquatch-like creature supposed hung out.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You know that's not so far fetched.

www.iflscience.org...

A Couple from Cottage Grove, Minnesota discovered a man living inside a secret laboratory inside their basement. On Friday, May 15th 2015 officers with the Warrington County Sheriffs Office went to the Morgan family’s home after receiving a call reporting a possible break in. When the officers pulled up they saw the Morgan Family standing by the road.

“They ran up to us and said they heard a man shouting inside their basement and that’s when they called it in to 911” Said Captain Bruce Normans with the Warrington County Sheriff’s Office.

Officers say that they could hear the man yelling in the basement the moment they entered the Morgan’s home. But when they moved cautiously into the basement they saw nothing. However they could hear banging sounds coming from behind the northern wall of the Morgan family’s basement, specifically echoing from behind a large storage cabinet.

“It was a very odd situation. We assumed the possibility that a vagrant may have been trapped behind the cabinet and needed help” Officer Jim Catelli told Channel 6 news.

When the Officers moved the large metal cabinet they uncovered an entry way to a large hidden room in the basement. The room was full of various science equipment along with a terrified, elderly man. The 83 year old man was identified as Dr. Winston Corrigan, a chemistry professor from the University of Minnesota who went missing in the fall of 1984 and was a previous resident of the home.

“He had clearly been living down there for a long time and had suffered severe psychological trauma.. probably from not socializing with anyone for a while…or from ingesting a lot of the drugs… I don’t know if he had been living down there since the 80’s but I wouldn’t doubt it” Said EMT personnel Landon Choler.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You know I was thinking about that today. Why wouldn't haven't they seen anything with thermal cameras.

But then I think. Don't they use thermal cameras at night?

What if BF isn't nocturnal? What if it's BF is Crepuscular?

Though you could still use a thermal camera during the day no?
edit on 7-8-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I still find it hard to believe because with thermal cameras and whatnot we still can't find them.

I thought the same thing but it turns out that Polars are hard to see with thermal cameras. Since we have never seen a Yeti who is to say they don't have some kind of similar characteristics?

Don't get me wrong I'm agnostic when it comes to the yeti and God, but I tend to lean more towards the disbelieve side with the lack of physical evidence for both.

Scientists can go out at night, armed with infrared cameras, and look for bear-shaped heat signatures in the area. Only one problem: Polar bears are almost entirely invisible in infrared vision.
nowiknow.com...

edit on 37831America/ChicagoFri, 07 Aug 2015 21:37:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Asktheanimals

You make a good point.

The last time some new carnivorous mammal species was discovered for the first time in 35 years was the olinguito.

However if something is really good at hiding and doesn't want to be found. Would we find it?

There is so much wilderness that is uninhibited around the USA that if something wanted to remain undetected it probably could. Especially if it was intelligent.
Canada also.

I read a story similar to this, but it involved a forest fire. I am a bit hazy on the details,but basically a guy found a dead Sasquatch under a fallen tree.

I've read the Mt. St. Helens area is a hot bed for Sasquatch activity. Cool thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah, when I was researching how to hide from thermal cameras polar bears came up. If you can somehow legally obtain a polar bear rug, you might be able to wrap yourself in it

The hair shafts of a polar bear are hollow, and insulate like crazy, they trap all the heat and don't let the bear emit much, if any. Biologists have a heck of a time finding polar bears.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

as Grey 580 says, you could near get to where they live on a no:10 bus. It's an almost nice story

Mt St Helens is remote, you're not getting there on a bus.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Great story, I want to believe.

Not that far fetched in reality......Homo Erectus...Neanderthal.....Denisovan......Zana the Almatsy.....Robert Wadlow....The Great Khali...

Why not another branch of Homo Sapien?

Robert Wadlow was 8 feet tall, Many HSS are 7 foot +...There are many photos from the late 1800s and early 1900s show huge tall people from all types of Exotic lands.

Yes many have Giagantism and Acromegaly.....but what if 2 acromegaly humans mate? Do they make more Giants?

Obviously, this mysterious "Tribe" of Homo have been hiding from modern man, Im sure their Young are told to avoid the hairless beast because it is dangerous and life threatening.....not to mention smelly and clean.
Perhaps their "Religion" (a disgusting thought) wont allow them to mix will Modern man, as it would pollute their minds with greed, lust, envy etc......you never know....

I remember reading a story a few years ago of an old man who had died......He had been living in his old car in the bush, but only 20 miles from the city, since the 1950s....ex WW2 disillusioned with the World, lived off scavenging, a creek of fresh water etc for 50+ years. Only a few people knew he was there, and they would occasionally bring him food or clothes, which he often did not appreciate as it interfered with his peace and solitude.

So yes you can live Off the radar.....imagine how a skilled creature like a Bigfoot would.

If I told you there was a creature that lived in water, but was furry, had lungs, a ducks bill, a beavers tail, poison spikes on its hind legs-enough to kill someone, and laid eggs for its young, was a Mammal/Bird/Dinosaur/Reptile cross, and is almost impossible to find in the wild (they all are, of course they are) and probably only one or two people on the ATS forum have ever seen one in real Actual life ....Who would Believe me?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Fwiw that story turned out to be a hoax and they guy pictured was arrested on another unrelated event..

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You know I was thinking about that today. Why wouldn't haven't they seen anything with thermal cameras.

They have. There is very very good footage from that guy in Florida who was on the Joe Rogan Bigfoot reality show.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
While there isn't an unknown species of squirrel, chipmunk or mouse in all of North America that scientists don't know about how is it possible something as large as bigfoot could go undetected?

They're not undetected in the slightest...
They are seen regularly by many, many people. They're on video and have been recorded speaking language and vocalizing. Their dna has been collected and analyzed enough times to know that these are things which are apparently related to humans.
For something we have the actual dna of, and for the multitudes of sightings, how can you say they're undetected?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
"Anonymous Former National Guardsman"...
I call BS.
edit on 8-8-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I dont find it hard to believe that there could be an ape like creature that we call bigfoot.. but why would the government hide it? Lol "we have an ape like creature out here in the woods, keep it top secret boys! Anyone who lets info on this ape out to the public will be arrested" lol i just dont get it

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LongishLongo
I dont find it hard to believe that there could be an ape like creature that we call bigfoot.. but why would the government hide it? Lol "we have an ape like creature out here in the woods, keep it top secret boys! Anyone who lets info on this ape out to the public will be arrested" lol i just dont get it

I have the same question as you LL, since I'm not particulary educated on the subject. As of today, endangered species of wild animals are publicly advertised so why not this? One thing I can come up with, is the relation with UFO that has been mentioned in this thread, but unless we are talking about a fully consciuos alien race, what could be the issue?

Another possibility might be that its genetic sequence may endanger some well accepted theory, but it seems rather weak nowadays, I could see it possible maybe a hundred years ago.

Can anybody sum up for me very concisely the most discussed conspiracy theories for this species and the government please?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
As of today, endangered species of wild animals are publicly advertised so why not this? One thing I can come up with, is the relation with UFO that has been mentioned in this thread, but unless we are talking about a fully consciuos alien race, what could be the issue?

Can anybody sum up for me very concisely the most discussed conspiracy theories for this species and the government please?

One theory is that they're basically some sort of nephilim, the result of genetic experimentation with human dna by the grays or some other race, perhaps even angels. Their dna samples do seem to show that they are related to humans. If that's the case, I can see why the government would want to keep them a secret. It's not like they're going to come out and say "Hey public, there's a race of intelligent human-like beings that are the result of aliens experimenting with our dna!"

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Coolest Big Foot story ever!
Why would they shoot it if it was advanced enough to have a language that we could understand and communicate with?
It seems as though that would be what you would do with some kind of wild animal to put it out of its misery.
But these BFs are so advanced, it just seems a little inhumane to use a bullet, especially with the other BF in ear shoot.
Why not use some sort of injection?

Well, it's the military. Why take the time to take drugs to it and give it an injection when you can just get the job done quicker, cheaper and more easily with a bullet? Same outcome.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
In order to believe this story you'd have to have the intellect of a 5 year old. Increasingly the Cryptozoology and UFO movements have become more religious than scientific. Embracing fantastical tales on faith and hope is the realm of religion. Utilizing reproducible results and tangible, observable facts and phenomena is the realm of science.

If you claim to be in search of the truth but find yourself requiring no proof........you're not gonna find the truth, you're gonna find science fiction.

You have to be a religious fanatic to believe in money, too. No matter how anyone cuts it it's still a faith-based system. I agree with you though.

Anyway. I'm skeptical because the story's written very well and sparks emotion, but on the same token it's weird enough to be true.

If true it's heart warming.

If not, well..... back to the drawing board.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Hmm never considered bigfoot having a language, but if they are as smart as people say than sure why not. Other primates communicate.

You may be interested in checking out the Sierra recordings, and R. Scott Nelson's analysis of them. He's a former Navy crypto-linguist who spent his career listening to and studying audio of people speaking, and has very interesting input on those recordings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join