It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot bodies and Mount St. Helens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Does the US Government/Military have a Sasquatch or two on ice or alive in captivity? Yes, according to the rumor mill. On May 1980, Mount St. Helens erupted, and the loss of life to both people and the wild animal population was considerable. There are claims that several Bigfoot bodies (some believed to be alive still, but injured) were whisked away to a secret military/government facility. You hear stories like this all the time regarding crashed UFOs and Alien bodies. So why not Bigfoot too when a disaster like this happens?

You be the judge!

In the late 90's early 2000's, a science teacher named Thom Powell picked up on a story by an anonymous government employee who alerted the Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) about a 7.5 feet long/tall burn victim with "multiple burns on hands, feet, legs and body; some 2nd and 3rd degree burns". According to the story, on August 6, 1999, Battle Mountain, Nevada, exploded into several simultaneous range fires in what would be known as the Battle Mountain Complex Fire. A Bigfoot was hurt in the fire according to an anonymous government employee. The story was later dismissed but the acclaimed author and science teacher believe it really happened and that the whole story was an elaborate cover-up.

It has been years since the story broke and still no one has come forward to claim it actually happened-- until now. Running a Bigfoot blog, we get some strange emails every once in a while. This morning, we received an email from someone who claims to be a former National Guardsman, saying he was there and he saw the Bigfoots. This person gives a detail account of the experience that he and four other guardsmen had with the creature and all were told to keep quiet about it.

Dear Shawn:

I was reading some of the stories about Mt. Saint Helen on the message boards and wanted to share this one. I only ask that you withhold my name.

I was a National Guardsman at the Mount Saint Helen site and this is the first time I have ever spoken about what I saw firsthand. I lived in Spokane, Washington and was 24 at the time this all took place.

I have read some of the other stories and they only tell part of the story.

I was placed on a special cleanup crew farther up the mountain. A large tent was set up and it was be guarded by armed soldiers who were not part of the guard. There were numerous soldiers on the scene that were not members of the guard.

We were given a briefing by soldier who said that “after he spoke to us, we would forget about him and what he said at the end of the mission”. This was strange as we never dealt with anything before.

Myself and four other guardsmen were told to follow a group of soldiers and not to speak to each other and to remain very quiet overall. We were told to get into a jeep and wait. We sat in the jeep for maybe a half hour. Eventually another jeep arrived carrying a civilian and another member of the military.

The civilian was brought into the tent and he emerged a few minutes later followed by a large hairy creature. It looked like a large man covered in fur and the best way to describe it was like “Beast” from X-Men only brown.

The creature looked to have some burns and had a bandage on its arm. At first we were afraid but when it walked by we could see its eyes and it just looked very sad and somber. He climbed into the back of a pickup with the civilian and the two were speaking in a weird language I had never heard. It would cough at times.

We followed the truck to different areas. There were 5 total stops. Each time we stopped we were told to follow the civilian and the creature. Each time we followed them to rocky areas where there were caves. The creature would make a sound and then listen. At the first area he made a sound and we all just waited in silence. After a few minutes, the creature looked at the civilian and then at the ground. The civilian at one point touched its shoulder and called for a canteen to give the creature a drink.

The same thing happened at the next area but this time there was a response to the sound. After a few minutes two soldiers emerged from the cave carrying a badly burned creature just like the one with the civilian. The creature bent down next to it and looked it over for about five minutes. It then spoke softly with the civilian. It turned and walked back to the truck and we were told to follow as we were walking away we heard a shot and we knew it was one of the soldiers putting the creature out of its misery.

There was no response at the third or fourth site but at the fifth there was another return sound to the creature. This time it was different and soldiers carried out a creature with a badly burned left leg. We were then ordered to all help get a very large stretcher from the truck and to help place the creature on it and carry it back to the truck.

We then immediately returned to the base camp. The creature was carried into the tent while the other creature and the civilian spoke. We were ordered to stay in the jeep until we were to be debriefed. As the creature turned to walk into the tent it looked at us and made a waving gesture with its hand. We took it as a thank you for what we had done.

By the time we were ordered out of the jeep we were all in shock. We were called over to an area to be debriefed and it was just strange. I will never forget what was said because it was just not what was expected. I thought I would hear “You took an oath and now you need to live up to it for your country with a threat also implied. A different high ranking soldier just said “look, do you all really want an explanation? You saw what we were doing. These creatures live in these areas; they mean no harm and want to be left alone. Do you really want to do anything that may cause them trouble? They are like us in a lot of ways. If you need or want to talk about this just wait about 30 years, by that time there will likely be no reason to keep them a secret”.

We were then ordered back to the guard camp because “they were breaking it up so nobody saw too much and knew everything that happened”. We did not speak of it and after a few months I just took the attitude that these things live out there and honestly my life is no different because of it. I only bring it up now because people have been writing a lot about MT. Saint Helen and I believe that the whole story should be told.

I will also say this. I like to camp and hike and have done so many times throughout the Northwest. Every time I would look for signs of these creatures, tracks, listen for sounds etc. I never saw or heard anything other than what I did that day on Mt. Saint Helen.

Anonymous former National Guardsman claims that the Mount St Helens Bigfoot story really happened.
edit on 7-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Not sure what to think quite frankly. Why has this not came up before in some BF blog at least, the writer doesn't actually say why he's giving out this story now, but just that he sees other stories about Mount Helen, that seems a bit singular.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That's story would make for a heck of a movie.

So the gist of this is.

1. The government knows about existence of big foot
  2. We know where to find big foot
  3. We have studied enough about big foot to speak their language.
  4. We have helped big foot in the past
  5. You can get to where they live by jeep

And this guy is the only one to come out?

right.

well interesting to know that there are big foot at Mt St Helens area.

Who's gonna go find em?
edit on 7-8-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Bravo dude! That was a very nice read. And I'm sure
their out there.

Thanks for posting!
edit on Rpm80715v10201500000050 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Not sure what to think quite frankly. Why has this not came up before in some BF blog at least, the writer doesn't actually say why he's giving out this story now, but just that he sees other stories about Mount Helen, that seems a bit singular.

Thom Powell writes a little bit about it in his Bigfoot book The Locals
edit on 7-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Love this thread!! I can understand the want to be left alone. Too cool.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
While there isn't an unknown species of squirrel, chipmunk or mouse in all of North America that scientists don't know about how is it possible something as large as bigfoot could go undetected? I just cant buy it. Anonymous sources make good stories and that's about it. The vast majority of sightings I would chock up to general ignorance of sounds and signs in the woods.

Why would squads of special soldiers be on site to help these creatures but allow a group of national guard to tag along?
Good read anyway.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Coolest Big Foot story ever!
Why would they shoot it if it was advanced enough to have a language that we could understand and communicate with?
It seems as though that would be what you would do with some kind of wild animal to put it out of its misery.
But these BFs are so advanced, it just seems a little inhumane to use a bullet, especially with the other BF in ear shoot.
Why not use some sort of injection?

I want to believe this story, so therefore I'm going to believe it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hmm never considered bigfoot having a language, but if they are as smart as people say than sure why not. Other primates communicate.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

You make a good point.

The last time some new carnivorous mammal species was discovered for the first time in 35 years was the olinguito.

However if something is really good at hiding and doesn't want to be found. Would we find it?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You make a good point.

The last time some new carnivorous mammal species was discovered for the first time in 35 years was the olinguito.

However if something is really good at hiding and doesn't want to be found. Would we find it?

There is so much wilderness that is uninhibited around the USA that if something wanted to remain undetected it probably could. Especially if it was intelligent.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm having trouble with the guy who spoke Bigfootanese.
I don't have a problem believing the possibility of a Sasquatch but someone out there can speak thier language? Nah not buying it.

It is a good story but my BS meter was pinging.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Coolest Big Foot story ever!
Why would they shoot it if it was advanced enough to have a language that we could understand and communicate with?
It seems as though that would be what you would do with some kind of wild animal to put it out of its misery.
But these BFs are so advanced, it just seems a little inhumane to use a bullet, especially with the other BF in ear shoot.
Why not use some sort of injection?

I want to believe this story, so therefore I'm going to believe it.

Yes, that's part of what I am getting at, shooting a dying creature is the antithesis of all that those people do who hunt for Bigfoot. They look for DNA in hair and poo and whatnot in an effort to prove if Bigfoot exists at all, yet and all these guys plug a creature who has been hurt, but still living, and for how long?
And, as Grey 580 says, you could near get to where they live on a no:10 bus. It's an almost nice story, but a bit Hollywoodish too, especially the second last paragraph.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Interesting story, I could see this story having some truth to it. And if BF could speak it would make way more sense, as to why they are rarely sighted. There was a thread a while back about a man that hadn't been in contact with civilization for 30 years, and wasn't caught liberating essentials, until an avid owner went to extreme measures to catch the hermit red handed. It was pretty interesting itself. IMO I see this story explaining why there are rare sightings. Besides the fact that the writer of the story mentioned that he was national guard, I can't really poke holes in this story. But it would be easier to switch it up to cover ones own a$$. Questionable is the shot heard but if there aren't doctors to help this being, then it would be easier and helpful to the being itself, then suffering from 3rd degree burns. I only assume this was 3rd degree because of the shot heard. I've never really been interested in the BF phenomenon but this story has my intrigued.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I think the problem with that logic is that there are literally millions (?billions?) of field mice and other rodents of the same species but there may only be a few specimens of bigfoot around. Look at animals like the whale shark or great squid, or even the odd known yet unknown off shoot that comes up from time to time.

Personally I'm on the fence when it comes to bigfoot, but some stories are pretty compelling from reasonable sounding sources that stand nothing to gain just like alien encounters.

I don't really buy this story, but it was a decent read for a friday.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

FULL DISCLOSURE WITHIN 30 YEARS !!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

FULL DISCLOSURE WITHIN 30 YEARS !!!!!!!!!

What?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

When I was reading this awesome story, the "civilian" that briefed the guys after the event, told them that they needs to keep this to themselves for the protection of theses creatures, and in about 30yrs you can go ahead and talk openly about it because by then (30yrs) it will be common knowledge....= Full Disclosure. One small step bro..one small step.

....of course that is if we all are here after the Haab Mayan Long Count Calendar Doom of 2016, June 3rd/4th....
edit on th59Fri, 07 Aug 2015 14:59:56 -0500K201585631pm8 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In order to believe this story you'd have to have the intellect of a 5 year old. Increasingly the Cryptozoology and UFO movements have become more religious than scientific. Embracing fantastical tales on faith and hope is the realm of religion. Utilizing reproducible results and tangible, observable facts and phenomena is the realm of science.

If you claim to be in search of the truth but find yourself requiring no proof........you're not gonna find the truth, you're gonna find science fiction.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

You're right.
Sorry for being alive and hoping bigfoot is too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join