It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chattanooga Marine Unleashes BRUTAL Video On Obama, Says 9 Words That Are Going Viral

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

I think it goes without saying that millions dislike Obama, yes.

Again, common sense.

Common sense says that you should back your claims up with actual statistics and data otherwise you look like you are talking out your ass, regardless of how correct you may sound.

When someone sounds correct, they usually are.

Uh... No... That isn't even close to true, but then again it is just a platitude and can never represent an accurate description of reality. You are basically saying, "if it agrees with my confirmation bias, then it is likely true."

So you're saying that you grew up not taking anyones word or thinking they were right at anything? You didn't believe your parents, siblings, close friends etc? You always needed statistics and facts to back up anything and everything you ever heard or were taught?
edit on 30-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Again, common sense.

Common sense says that you should back your claims up with actual statistics and data otherwise you look like you are talking out your ass, regardless of how correct you may sound.

Uh... No... That isn't even close to true, but then again it is just a platitude and can never represent an accurate description of reality. You are basically saying, "if it agrees with my confirmation bias, then it is likely true."

So you're saying that you grew up not taking anyones word or thinking they were right at anything? You didn't believe your parents, siblings, close friends etc? You always needed statistics and facts to back up anything and everything you ever heard or were taught?

Not if they are trying to generalize opinions as facts. I actually call my family out on saying unsourced claims all the time. It's not that I think they are liars, but it's just that people are prone to believing things without source checking them. Clearly YOU are doing it here in this OP. Why haven't you looked up ACTUAL polling numbers to see how America REALLY thinks about Obama?

I mean if you would have at LEAST posted some additional content to prove your point, I'd be more willing to agree with you:
Military gives Obama low approval marks

I just don't like logical fallacies. I also tend to disapprove of random, "I hate Obama" threads.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Still missing the entire point. This Marine is upset about multiple things when it comes to Mr Obama, as many are.

It's kind of a squeaky wheel thing though. You mostly only hear from complainers. And ATS tends to lean Right.

Obama was re-elected. Majority supported him.

Do I agree with every little move he makes? No. Nitpicking is a waste of time. I look at the over-all picture. We really won't know for years to come how effective his presidency is/was.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Again, common sense.

Not if they are trying to generalize opinions as facts.

But some peoples opinions are correct and you don't need stats or facts.......

I understand that SOME opinions are just that, an opinion. However, there are times in which opinions are right.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Again, common sense.

What an amazing description of belief-based "logic"? Bravo!

Do you think that there are more Obama supporters out there than people against Obama? (Currently)

How does what I think matter in regard to the facts?

I would say that there are people who loathe and despise him, some who dislike him, some who are politically opposed to him, some who are confused about him, some who like him, some who think he's one of the greatest Presidents of our time, some who don't mind him, some who think he's done a lot with what he's been given but could have done better, etc.

The American people do not breakdown into US and THEM as much as some would like us to.

According to Gallup, his approval rating is at 46%. His average over his term is 47%. Gallup

So, about half of Americans think he's doing okay. GW's was at 38% or so when he left office ... so ... I guess more folks "like" Obama than Bush.
edit on 13Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:38:45 -050015p012015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Opinions are never correct or wrong. They just are. And you ALWAYS should have stats and facts to back up your opinion even if what you are saying appears to be obvious. It's called intellectual integrity and it is PART of denying ignorance.

I understand that SOME opinions are just that, an opinion. However, there are times in which opinions are right.

Some as in ALL opinions are opinions. Saying that an opinion is "right" is just naive and a misuse of the word opinion. An opinion that is "right" isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Facts are verifiable with evidence. Thus you should provide it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Seriously, must be a slow news day, obama forgot to kick a puppy this morning.

This president is playing his role perfectly......TPTB want division and this video is a perfect example of how this tactic is working like a charm. Black vs white........Right vs left.......Gay vs straight.........Men vs women........Rich vs poor........US vs Many countries.......Muslim vs Christian..........Illegal vs legal immigration..........Cats vs dogs.

The real enemy is idealism and the fear it causes......Fear is the root emotion of most of the bad things happening in the world today.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That is accurate and I was being ironic. I would also say the same about the partisan right. I think the whole left v right thing is a deception to help us ignore the true problem, the State.

I think the video highlights a seriously neglected aspect of our global empire, that is a bunch of pissed off veterans and military members.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
For all you statisticians out there claiming false on the OP and his assertions I wanted to bring you a few links to the stats as best as I could find them. I even used CNN instead of FOX or some other right heavy outlet so there should be less issue. However most of the stats come from gallup and pew which are both reputable in the fact they are looked to by most people for the real numbers as best as they can be gathered.

Obama's Approval Rating

Global Approval of Obama

Military Approval of Obama

Another Military Approval Rating as well as Essay

What saddens me about this whole discourse is this took me literally less than 3 min to find and make. About 15 min to read each page, but alas only 3 min or so to find the right search terms to get good hits and proper stats. What have we become around here good god!

Sh*t let me add this one as I bet this will open a lot of your eyes to what this marine's problem is
Obama's disrespect to our soldiers
edit on 30-7-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

The president is a busy and important man. His absence from Greene’s burial might be necessary if he’s engaged in affairs of state; he would send the vice president or a cabinet secretary as his surrogate.

President Obama was busy playing golf, far too busy to pay his respects to one of his generals who fell leading America’s charge down the hill. And he was too busy, it seems, to find a surrogate.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes he did lower the flag for whitney Houston, and trayvon martin and Michael brown...and on and on...
Not off topic at all.
What are you suggesting? if no one else kept their promises its ok for him not to? That is tell tale liberal politics. If someone says something bad about a democrat don't fix it, just accuse a conservative of the same thing.
No, not almost every other president failed to salute soldiers. If you think they did show me the proof.
Watch the video, then tell me the pilot didn't make him go back and apologize. And for your information, when on air force one or marine one the pilot is in charge, not the passenger. The passenger may control the country but the pilot controls the aircraft and everyone in it.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

He didn't lower the flag, I sourced it saying so, feel free to do so with yours.
I sourced the events the flags were lowered, you should be able to do the same with yours.

And no my suggestion is that him lying doesn't make him any worse then of the previous presidents.
It is not exclusive to liberals or conservatives, people lie to get elected.

Show me the video, if it is the one I am thinking about then it was barry that did it on his own.

The pilot controls everything that deals with the plane or the aircraft and issuses pertaining to that.

He doesn't get to dictate the presidents actions.
You are sadly mistaken if you think a pilot can tell the president to do something.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Opinions are never correct or wrong. They just are. And you ALWAYS should have stats and facts to back up your opinion even if what you are saying appears to be obvious. It's called intellectual integrity and it is PART of denying ignorance.

Some as in ALL opinions are opinions. Saying that an opinion is "right" is just naive and a misuse of the word opinion. An opinion that is "right" isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Facts are verifiable with evidence. Thus you should provide it.

We'll agree to disagree then

I will say though that I'd hate to go through life analyzing anything and everything and needing facts and stats to back up every single against the grain topic that I hear from people. Sometimes common sense and good ole street knowledge go a long way. Its easy to look at someone and know when they are bull#ting you if have any ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you. Its also easy to see and know when someone is being truthful and sincere with their "opinion". In other words, if someone is voicing an opinion that is a proven fact, then its not an "opinion", its a fact. Some people preach facts in their own opinionated way.

So when you have millions of people all agreeing on something (could be anything) I personally tend to think that they are right and where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I've always had a hard time going against something when so many folks are in agreement over it. I don't need any facts or stats in that case (personally) because i'll take their word for it. Majority rules so to speak. Why? Because apparently, so many are for (or against it) for a reason and if so many folks are, why question them for? Can that many people be wrong?

Again, I say "millions" again and nope, no stats for it. However, common sense is telling me that more are against Obama than for him (currently)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Sorry that last link is just full of half truths.

The point is that we are not the ones that need to prove the claim others are making.

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm sorry you didn't like what they had to say, but since I have shown my links where are your's. I'm not interested in your opinions as you are not interested in mine. What I am interested in is info that is sound and disproves what I have stated. Please feel free to debate like an adult.

Also are you saying he didn't go play golf during the highest ranking member of the military to fall as a casualty during our latest conflict (also the past 40 years)'s funeral is not true? Please link me to where he was or something showing he had actual important stuff that required him to no be there...

Last edit is for my failure to word properly...lol I just finished my last classes in my bachelors today I'm kind of all over the place =D

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Again, common sense.

Not if they are trying to generalize opinions as facts.

Ever read the Brookings annual reflection of our greatest presidents? I find it fascinating.

I couldn't figure out how to paste the list.

We decided to conduct our own, original poll of several hundred members of the American Political Science Association on the topic of presidential greatness and President Obama’s current place in history (more on the methodology below.) The results of our survey of political scientists with expertise in the American presidency include findings similar to other such polls and some intriguing new evidence, as well. www.brookings.edu...

edit on 30-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yea, I guess so, or you could go read a dictionary...

I will say though that I'd hate to go through life analyzing anything and everything and needing facts and stats to back up every single against the grain topic that I hear from people. Sometimes common sense and good ole street knowledge go a long way. Its easy to look at someone and know when they are bull#ting you if have any ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you. Its also easy to see and know when someone is being truthful and sincere with their "opinion". In other words, if someone is voicing an opinion that is a proven fact, then its not an "opinion", its a fact. Some people preach facts in their own opinionated way.

You are being so hypocritical with this paragraph that I'm not sure you know what you are even saying anymore. First you say this:

... I'd hate to go through life analyzing anything and everything and needing facts and stats to back up every single against the grain topic that I hear from people.

Then you say this:

Its easy to look at someone and know when they are bull#ting you if have any ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you.

Well how the HELL are you going to have an ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you if you don't look up the facts and statistics about it? Your gut instinct?

Buddy you are seriously promoting ignorance and actually saying that it is better to be ignorant on a topic you are talking about than to actually be informed on it... That is just a TERRIBLE position to have. We are on a conspiracy website, aren't you supposed to be OPPOSED to ignorance? Not celebrate it...

So when you have millions of people all agreeing on something (could be anything) I personally tend to think that they are right and where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I've always had a hard time going against something when so many folks are in agreement over it. I don't need any facts or stats in that case (personally) because i'll take their word for it. Majority rules so to speak. Why? Because apparently, so many are for (or against it) for a reason and if so many folks are, why question them for?

Argumentum ad populum

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

The majority used to believe that the world was flat, did that make them correct? I can't believe you are arguing in favor of a logical fallacy... What's next are you going to tell me that insulting the opposing person in an argument is a fair arguing tactic?

Again, I say "millions" again and nope, no stats for it. However, common sense is telling me that more are against Obama than for him (currently)

You need to go take a class on logical analysis... You are promoting ignorance, AND you are using an unsourced claim of "millions".
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Its good to see Ike in the top 10!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Lord save me from the masses...

I know you are not alone amongst the average "news consumer", but please start "thinking"..

Every bobble-head from the far left to the far right "sounds correct"...more so when you "want" to agree with them.

And yes...Whether you "like" the President...

Whether you "approve" of the President...

Are entirely different realms from facts, evidence, policy and outcomes...

"Feelings" do not manufacture truth..

And this OP is what is commonly called the "Laundry List" fallacy...

The tactic where no one claim can stand soundly on it's own, so dozens of weak and faulty claims are spewed so that rebutting them all is a near impossible demand of energy and time.

It also affords the ever changing goal posts, which we have seen on this thread. When someone clearly demonstrates that the claim of him not standing and it being a sign of disrespect is faulted...then the retort is what about "all that other stuff"..."where there is smoke there is fire"...yada yada..

No...sometimes there is just smoke...and most times there is someone blowing it.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yea, I guess so, or you could go read a dictionary...

You are being so hypocritical with this paragraph that I'm not sure you know what you are even saying anymore. First you say this:

... I'd hate to go through life analyzing anything and everything and needing facts and stats to back up every single against the grain topic that I hear from people.

Then you say this:

Its easy to look at someone and know when they are bull#ting you if have any ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you.

Well how the HELL are you going to have an ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you if you don't look up the facts and statistics about it? Your gut instinct?.

We are speaking different languages then. "Looking up the facts/stats" to you probably means reading it out of a book or online right? To me, its a lot different. I go by personal experiences and what I know and have experienced over the course of my life. I don't need to "physically" look something up to know if whats being said is a fact or not. Either I know its a fact or I don't. Plain and simple. Besides, I'm a good judge and I know when someone is bull#ting me anyway. I tend to trust people and I don't judge them or call them liars or bull#ters from the get-go like a lot seem to do. Its called giving someone the benefit of the doubt. As I said, some opinions are proven facts. But I guess to you, thats still an opinion? Again, some opinions are facts.

Just like you, you're quick to judge when you don't know someone from Adam.

Do you carry around a pocket dictionary in real life or some kind of book with historic facts and look up something every time someone tells you something? Its what you're acting like. lol. You act like you need to be spoon fed every single correct answer to every single situation/statement/convo etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Well...actually most of us do. They are now a days called smart phones and allow you access to arguably the greatest tool for learning anything under the sun The Internet. I do regularly fact check people on a daily basis because when I argue something I hate being wrong and eating my words (however it still happens just a lot less due to my fact checking). I agree with your OP, but I feel you are handling things all wrong. You are actually being sucked into derailing your own thread with all of this back and forth about personal opinions. It took me less than 20 min to make a post full of facts and links to the sources for all to look over and bring real disagreements up (with their own proof why my sources are wrong) and I welcome them to show me I am wrong. I win either way because I either am right and win that way or I learn something new and there again I still win. Please lets debate like adults not like children!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join