It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chattanooga Marine Unleashes BRUTAL Video On Obama, Says 9 Words That Are Going Viral

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
We are speaking different languages then. "Looking up the facts/stats" to you probably means reading it out of a book or online right? To me, its a lot different. I go by personal experiences and what I know and have experienced over the course of my life. I don't need to "physically" look something up to know if whats being said is a fact or not. Either I know its a fact or I don't. Plain and simple. Besides, I'm a good judge and I know when someone is bull#ting me anyway. I tend to trust people and I don't judge them or call them liars or bull#ters from the get-go like a lot seem to do. Its called giving someone the benefit of the doubt. As I said, some opinions are proven facts. But I guess to you, thats still an opinion? Again, some opinions are facts.

But you have shown me that you can't even tell the difference between a fact and an opinion. No, we aren't speaking different languages, you just think that confirmation bias is a valid tool to ascertain truth.

And since you refuse to open a dictionary:

opinion

noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment:
to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.:
to forfeit someone's good opinion.
6. a favorable estimate; esteem:
I haven't much of an opinion of him.

fact

noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth:
Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened:
Space travel is now a fact.
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true:
Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened:
The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
5. Law.. Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence.

Just like you, you're quick to judge when you don't know someone from Adam.

Quick to judge? You've given me all the information I need to know that you celebrate ignorance. You actually expressed disdain for questioning people's accounts on things.

Do you carry around a pocket dictionary in real life or some kind of book with historic facts and look up something every time someone tells you something? Its what you're acting like. lol. You act like you need to be spoon fed every single correct answer to every single situation/statement/convo etc.

Well I have a cellphone that I can look things up with. So there's that. But most of the time when someone says something that I haven't personally verified I either take note to verify it later before repeating it or I just ignore it. Sometimes I ask them where they got that information from. But I try not to EVER repeat a claim without first verifying it first myself, even if I don't question every claim made by the people I'm talking to.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

We'll agree to disagree then

Yea, I guess so, or you could go read a dictionary...

I will say though that I'd hate to go through life analyzing anything and everything and needing facts and stats to back up every single against the grain topic that I hear from people. Sometimes common sense and good ole street knowledge go a long way. Its easy to look at someone and know when they are bull#ting you if have any ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you. Its also easy to see and know when someone is being truthful and sincere with their "opinion". In other words, if someone is voicing an opinion that is a proven fact, then its not an "opinion", its a fact. Some people preach facts in their own opinionated way.

You are being so hypocritical with this paragraph that I'm not sure you know what you are even saying anymore. First you say this:

... I'd hate to go through life analyzing anything and everything and needing facts and stats to back up every single against the grain topic that I hear from people.

Then you say this:

Its easy to look at someone and know when they are bull#ting you if have any ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you.

Well how the HELL are you going to have an ounce of knowledge on what they are telling you if you don't look up the facts and statistics about it? Your gut instinct?.

I don't need to "physically" look something up to know if whats being said is a fact or not. Either I know its a fact or I don't. Plain and simple.

I think you might be the best example of someone confused between "fact" and "opinion" I have bumped into on ATS.

Besides, I'm a good judge and I know when someone is bull#ting me anyway.

Everybody thinks they are good judge of when someone is BSing them. Even those folks that send money to Nigeria to help that deposed ruler looking to share their millions.

Again, some opinions are facts.

Hmm...In as much as a woman that is able to get pregnant IS pregnant?

Once an "opinion" is proven a fact, it is no longer and opinion..it is a fact?

Just hoping here you will start to ponder the difference.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm a USAF vet, and this conversation is so wrong!

When did any GOP president greet caskets on an airplane and salute them?

Obama has increased the number of vets in the VA health system, whereas his predecessor and the GOP congress keeps cutting vet programs.

The Iraq folly caused the loss of thousands good soldiers.

Get a grip! Get a life and stop hating Obama.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

. . .confused between "fact" and "opinion" ? . . .

I have to agree with you on Fact vs Opinion when it comes to politics. Which is why I don't post in them often.

It's a lot of work. You can't just pull an opinion piece off the net and call it fact.

It requires comparison of multiple sites to try to get an informed balanced consensus.

edit on 30-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

No said it is full of half truths.
The funeral thing may be true, I don't know about that one tbh.
Things with crazy amounts of spin on them and some just down right false allegations.

I don't care to refute them, if you want to take that list as fact then by all means go ahead.

Go ahead and call that a win and wallow in the ignorance that is that list.

Silencing and criminalizing Christianity in the military.
Read more at godfatherpolitics.com...

This one alone is just out right false, as many others in there.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
For all you statisticians out there claiming false on the OP and his assertions I wanted to bring you a few links to the stats as best as I could find them.

What you are dishonestly doing is conflating President Obama's low approval rating amongst actively serving military (a conservative leaning institution) with the OPs specific claims of disrespecting the Military.

When Military Times conducted it's survey...limited to Military Times readers BTW...they actually cited the causes of disapproval.

In his first term, President Obama oversaw repeal of the controversial "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Then he broke with one of the military's most deeply rooted traditions and vowed to lift the ban on women serving in combat.

And the commander in chief has aggressively sought to change military culture by cracking down on sexual assault and sexual harassment, problems that for years were underreported or overlooked.

www.militarytimes.com...

Explain to me how that comports with the OP claim and then we can examine your "evidence"?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

As much as I know you wanna pull the "it's not the info presented it's the site you referenced disagrees with my opinions" argument, I ask that you keep our debate to facts presented and refute them with sources like I presented my argument. This is the adult way to debate. None of this oh well this completely unrelated issue is a problem. Can you refute what was listed in the article?
edit on 30-7-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Well I also listed a few other sources some of which corroborated the military times source. However I feel it is more on you to disprove my cited sources rather than throw an opinion unsupported out there and call on me to again disprove it. Adult debate works differently than playground arguments.

I used that source because it discussed other issues as well, but as shown it is another reason the military feels disrespected and uncared for by our so called commander in chief.
edit on 30-7-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Seriously, must be a slow news day, obama forgot to kick a puppy this morning.
I always find this complaint from Obama supporters funny,, considering Obama has spent his entire presidency blaming Bush for everything. Holding Obama to his and his supporter's own standards is against the rules I guess?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I always find this complaint from Obama supporters funny,, considering Obama has spent his entire presidency blaming Bush for everything. Holding Obama to his and his supporter's own standards is against the rules I guess?

His entire Presidency blaming Bush? Are you SURE you want to run with that rhetoric? Because for the life of me, I don't remember seeing Obama and co use that retort since before the last Presidential election. Though you are MORE than welcome to actually put your money where your mouth is and post a source from recent years that shows him doing this.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I wonder how long before someone kicks his door down and takes him away or worse...some odd accident or illness.
Matter of time...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those click bait articles at the bottom of a news article lol

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well I also listed a few other sources some of which corroborated the military times source. However I feel it is more on you to disprove my cited sources

No..It's on you to make sure you aren't posting BS..

I showed the disconnect with the Military approval source..

And I will help you out here with the skipping the funeral BS

The president is a busy and important man. His absence from Greene’s burial might be necessary if he’s engaged in affairs of state; he would send the vice president or a cabinet secretary as his surrogate.

President Obama was busy playing golf, far too busy to pay his respects to one of his generals who fell leading America’s charge down the hill. And he was too busy, it seems, to find a surrogate.

Snopes explaines the Funeral claim.
Greene Report
www.snopes.com...

How about you actually look into your claims before claiming them?

link   
a reply to: RickyD

I already said I don't care to.

It isn't worth my time.

Anyone that isn't just looking for confirmation of their own opinions would look at that list and see what it is.
A list full of spin.

Like I already said, chalk it up as a win for ya.

Enjoy that list that paints one side of the story.

link   
Obama is the most arrogant man I've ever witnessed in a power of position.

Nothing he does surprises me.

Nothing.

He's unabashedly marched us toward the New World Order without one glance behind him. His "not standing up" for a fallen soldier is horrible, but simply can't compare to his overall decimation of this country.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

But it was on the list!!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheBulk

His entire Presidency blaming Bush? Are you SURE you want to run with that rhetoric? Because for the life of me, I don't remember seeing Obama and co use that retort since before the last Presidential election. Though you are MORE than welcome to actually put your money where your mouth is and post a source from recent years that shows him doing this.

Youtube search "obama blaming bush montage" Way to many to post here.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Kick a puppy?

The list of his misdeeds hardly neccistates the kicking of a puppy.

He's basically marched us down a very bad road....and has basically deconstructed this country.

I seriously can't believe he has any supporters left.

Even the democrats have distanced themselves from. him.

How can you be on conspiracy site and support Obummer? Do you not see with your own eyes what he's done?

Oh, let me guess. You're voting for Hillary, too.

Sigh.

This is what's wrong with this country.

Blindness prevails.
edit on 30-7-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
Obama is the most arrogant man I've ever witnessed in a power of position.

Nothing he does surprises me.

Nothing.

He's unabashedly marched us toward the New World Order without one glance behind him. His "not standing up" for a fallen soldier is horrible, but simply can't compare to his overall decimation of this country.

More rhetoric and BS rooted in no facts whatsoever. What has he done for you to say he is the most arrogant man you witnessed in power?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No you haven't the only thing you have shown is that Obama sent the secretary of defense Chuck Hagel instead of skipping golf that day, mind you I would feel disrespected if I was that general as I'm sure many others are or would be. I suggest you ask a vet. what they think and you will find a pretty telling answer if they're honest.

Aside from that you continue trying to refute that specific claim by showing evidence that Nixon in fact did not attend Maj. Gen. AB Dillard's funeral...which only says to me Nixon was a disrespectful bastard too.

Care to actually bring something that refutes the argument that service men don't feel respected by Obama and hold ill opinion of him? I have shown many places that show that they do...as well as other poll numbers that show Obama isn't looked to favorably upon here in the US or Globally for that matter...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join