It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chattanooga Marine Unleashes BRUTAL Video On Obama, Says 9 Words That Are Going Viral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'll concede your point about the flag, with the perpetual global war we are waging may as well just keep it at half staff. Also - I was being ironic on purpose.

To better clarify now that I'm on a lunch break, I am a Libertarian. I think both sides are utterly guilty of falling prey to a divisive media that pushes us via fear to further polar opposites, in order to uphold the Corporatist State. It is so effective that ATS over the past year or so has fallen prey to it as well; a web site that I joined to actually entertain debates and deny ignorance, or speculate with insiders what new black aircraft projects may be around the corner.

MSNBC trolls (Libtards) and Fox News trolls (Neocons) are still trolls, and I didn't think we would have to deal with that here on ATS.

edit on 30-7-2015 by SonOfThor because: ETA: I don't plug my podcast here because I am not sure if would violate T&C

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

ENOUGH!

Stop with the off topic remarks and the derailing of the thread. If you don't like the topic, then stay away from it.

Post according to the T&C, or do not post at all.

Further posts will result in posting bans.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Bloodydagger

If you want our respect, earn it, because right now all you have is our resentment.

He's upset because Obama didn't stand?

I am pretty sure things like standing or not during a presidential address has been thought over and decided as well as the words in the address. It clearly does have meaning.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This sort of argument is also a logical fallacy.

Anecdotal evidence is basically saying "X happened to me/someone I know/someone I heard about" in a discussion and/or argument. If it's true that X happened to this person, it proves only that X is not impossible. It most certainly does not establish that X has ever happened more than once, or that X is common or pervasive - and that's what this fallacy about. The Anecdotal Fallacy is using anecdotes instead of actual statistics and making general rules and grand claims off them, accurate picture of the reality of the matter be damned. Crops up often in heated arguments and amidst Hasty Generalisations, whereby an anecdote is not just used to illustrate or critique a general rule but as 'proof'note in itself. As they say, "The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'".

Source

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

If you want our respect, earn it, because right now all you have is our resentment.

He's upset because Obama didn't stand?

I was a bit upset when FDR didn't stand when he declared war on Japan.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: introvert

So you know how the majority of US military members feel about Obama?

Wow, either you have psychic abilities or you are talking out of your ass.

Either way, this discussion is over because I can't argue against crazy.

I thought most military members are glad they are not in Afghanistan, or Iraq, or Libya, or Iran....I guess they would be happier going off to war...

Completely missing the entire point.

ok...the "entire point" is that this marine resents Obama for not....standing up?.....what does that mean?....they were killed on July 16....that SAME DAY Obama said this...
www.youtube.com...
so, did this marine want Obama to stand at a podium and hold a press conference about the shootings?...

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This young man certainly has every right to express his opinion.

Opinions are not facts though, and this young man seems very confused on the facts.

However, I acknowledge, as others have, that this is intended as a "bash Obama" thread, so, this is unsurprising.

But when lots and lots of people share the same opinion(s), it almost becomes unanimous and OBVIOUS that facts are afoot. You rarely get lots of people who share the same opinion about someone without at least having some inkling that something is amiss.

Are you saying that millions of people are wrong about Obama? And that this is purely based around 100% hate toward him? Nothing more? None of these opinions are, or can be correct?

So anyone that disagrees with Obama is automatically a "Obama basher/hater"?
edit on 30-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Here is the statement President Obama delivered on the Chattanooga attacks..While "Standing"
www.tennessean.com...

Here is video for those in doubt.
www.c-span.org.../president-obama-remarks-vfw-convention

He has spoken repeatedly and with reverence about the incident and yes ...while "Standing"..

He also issued a National Proclamation to honor those that died in Chattanooga...something that wasn't done with other shootings and direct reflection of his respect for the Military.

NOW...What this guy is POed about is that the President interrupted a conference, where he was "seated" to let the press know what he had just been told.

Not saying anything until his press team could arrange a podium complete with an American flag etc. would seem ugly and insincere to me.

This is the POTUS immediately when he interrupted his conference to brief the press.
insider.foxnews.com...

I respect this marines service...not so much his biased politics and inability to objectively digest information.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So you know how the majority of US military members feel about Obama?

Wow, either you have psychic abilities or you are talking out of your ass.

Either way, this discussion is over because I can't argue against crazy.

I thought most military members are glad they are not in Afghanistan, or Iraq, or Libya, or Iran....I guess they would be happier going off to war...

Completely missing the entire point.

ok...the "entire point" is that this marine resents Obama for not....standing up?.....what does that mean?....they were killed on July 16....that SAME DAY Obama said this...
www.youtube.com...
so, did this marine want Obama to stand at a podium and hold a press conference about the shootings?...

Still missing the entire point. This Marine is upset about multiple things when it comes to Mr Obama, as many are.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There's a reason the military recruits young idealistic "kids".

I want to hear from this guy in about 15 years and see if his thinking is the same.

It will probably matter where he lives. In some areas the indoctrination will be encouraged. Other areas the mind is more free and encouraged to think independently.

Now this, I can get down with. However, there are those examples of where you have the Military lifers so to speak, that never go against their beliefs no matter what, no matter where they are and whats going on etc. But yes, for the most, you are correct. A lot of people do and have changed their outlooks as they age. Hell, some may even start off as Pro-Whatever and then turn Anti-Whatever later in life, and vice versa.

I didn't know he is from Chattanooga when I posted that. If he stays there he probably won't change.

I have a step-sister from Chattanooga. She moved out to CA with us right out of high school (approx 40 years ago). We had to practically gag her when we went out, because of the "stuff" that came out of her mouth.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: TWILITE22

I didn't say anything about politics. I talked about ultra-nationalism.

It's ok to be proud of country and servicemen, but don;t forget to be critical of what they do and say.

I know there are many that I do not agree with .My thoughts are with those that are fresh from boot camp and are so full of pride and honor without knowing fully what they have got themselves into.I see so many young, innocent faces many that never go home.these men and women are like newborns coming off the parade deck most without a clue.Most are so young they have never been anywhere from home no worldly experience at all I feel for them and cannot image myself in their shoes(boots)lol at that age...the governments do know the fine art of indoctrination and what better age to get to them.
sorry if this is off topic.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There's a reason the military recruits young idealistic "kids".

I want to hear from this guy in about 15 years and see if his thinking is the same.

It will probably matter where he lives. In some areas the indoctrination will be encouraged. Other areas the mind is more free and encouraged to think independently.

Now this, I can get down with. However, there are those examples of where you have the Military lifers so to speak, that never go against their beliefs no matter what, no matter where they are and whats going on etc. But yes, for the most, you are correct. A lot of people do and have changed their outlooks as they age. Hell, some may even start off as Pro-Whatever and then turn Anti-Whatever later in life, and vice versa.

I didn't know he is from Chattanooga when I posted that. If he stays there he probably won't change.

I have a step-sister from Chattanooga. She moved out to CA with us right out of high school (approx 40 years ago). We had to practically gag her when we went out, because of the "stuff" that came out of her mouth.

LOL, sounds like me. I'm actually from Texas, but was born and raised in Baton Rouge La. I moved out to Arizona for 3 years once. Its a different world out West than it is down South, that's for sure. (not saying its a bad thing mind you, its just different out there!)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Opinions are not facts though, and this young man seems very confused on the facts.

However, I acknowledge, as others have, that this is intended as a "bash Obama" thread, so, this is unsurprising.

But when lots and lots of people share the same opinion(s), it almost becomes unanimous and OBVIOUS that facts are afoot. You rarely get lots of people who share the same opinion about someone without at least having some inkling that something is amiss.

"Lots and lots of people" doesn't automatically make an anecdote fallacy NOT a fallacy buddy.

Are you saying that millions of people are wrong about Obama? And that this is purely based around 100% hate toward him? Nothing more? None of these opinions are, or can be correct?

Millions? Where did you obtain this number?

Well when they follow the outline displayed in the OP, it is likely so. I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but I don't jump at every opportunity to talk crap about him because someone posted a video that I find agreeable.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19636005]Krazysh0t

Millions? Where did you obtain this number?

I think it goes without saying that millions vehemently dislike Obama, yes.

Again, common sense.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I think it goes without saying that millions dislike Obama, yes.

Again, common sense.

Common sense says that you should back your claims up with actual statistics and data otherwise you look like you are talking out your ass, regardless of how correct you may sound.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You keep gesturing toward all the people that agree or disagree ... with either you or this young man. That's a common rhetorical device ... "well, everyone with a brain believes as we do" or "the majority of Americans feel this way."

How does your logic fit when many hold OPPOSING opinions, eh?

Are you saying that facts depend on how many people believe?

Are you saying that the millions of people who support the President are wrong?

(See how that works?)

By the way, to answer your question, disagreeing with the President on items does not make one a basher or hater. I don't agree with many things he's done.

However, nothing in the OP, the young man's video, etc. is a litany of facts about what the President has and hasn't done; this is nothing more than typical and predictable misrepresentations and/or parroting of right-wing media.

link   

Again, common sense.

Common sense says that you should back your claims up with actual statistics and data otherwise you look like you are talking out your ass, regardless of how correct you may sound.

When someone sounds correct, they usually are.

link   

Again, common sense.

What an amazing description of belief-based "logic"? Bravo!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Again, common sense.

Uh... No... That isn't even close to true, but then again it is just a platitude and can never represent an accurate description of reality. You are basically saying, "if it agrees with my confirmation bias, then it is likely true."
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Again, common sense.

What an amazing description of belief-based "logic"? Bravo!

Do you think that there are more Obama supporters out there than people against Obama? (Currently)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join