It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos
a reply to: Revolution9

Wrong it is only 1/3 of the population of America that owns guns. It is not the majority. That is the issue that a minority of the country can dictate how guns are handled.

1 in 3 Americans Owns a Gun

Thanks for that correction. There are still 90 guns to every 100 people though. That is a lot of guns for sure.

So that means over 106, 000, 000 people own firearms. It is bound to have repercussions. The area of the world I live in does not even have as much as one murder in a year. There are very strict gun laws and guns are not permitted in public. It is very peaceful and safe. I wish the U.S well and hope you can find a solution that suits.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Dangit!
We're all out of flags to demonize!
All the bad and controversial news interestingly enough is coming from the Southern states within the Jade Helm area.
Not saying it's connected but I'm not saying it couldn't be either.
With this government and media bound together at the hip there is just no telling.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

For me personally, I feel that extremes on either side hint at a certain level of dysfunction and brain-washing (for lack of a better word). I do believe the media and the globalists use it to keep us divided, and it seems to work.

I am a live and let live type of person. I formulate my own beliefs based upon what knowledge I seek out for myself, rather than to blindly subscribe to Left or Right. My beliefs scatter the gamut.

link   
a reply to: raedar

I pointed out that you are DOING what you are accusing the Right of.

Not quite. I have not said that people should hate others because of their religion, choices or skin color. The fact that you are resorting to such childish tactics means that you have no leg to stand on.

You made your own point, friend! I just highlighted it for you.

Yes I did. Now you are trying to twist it in to something else. How convenient.

Do you want to discuss his mental health?

No. If that is the direction you wish to take I will step down. I don't know enough about the issue to be of any benefit.

You yourself said you listen to Right Wing radio everyday.

Apparently you have reading comprehension issues. I said that I rarely listen to radio. Go back....check for yourself.

Why have you not gone crazy and shot up a theater?

Because I am a responsible gun-owner with no mental health issues and I don't listen to Right Wing Propaganda that much.

I appreciate your concern.

link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

So...everyone except you has a comprehension problem, and we should all look to you for guidance...

I remember you guiding us in the early hours of the Chattanooga terrorist attack. You had it all figured out straight away: a right-wing white guy did it.
You were just as self-certain as you are now, come to think of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Well lets consider what happens when people are scared. People who are scared senseless generally behave in two ways:

1. hide

2. lash out/react

I don't think it's just the conservative media that's doing a good job at scaring people, ALL the news networks spread fear. It sells, plain and simple.

Good news, and feel-good stories just don't spark high emotions among viewers. Bad news, scary images and fear sparks high-intensity emotions that get people riled up and hooked.

FOX is an easy target because even conservatives I know can (after some prodding) admit, "Ok...yeah, FOX does use scary sounds, big flashing graphics ..." But look at CNN, look at MSNBC? It's all over the place. We're scaring ourselves to death over things we THINK we should have control over but don't.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thanks, my friend, a star for all your post too, I love discussions without anger and resentments behind it, we should all be too good for petty issues, in this time and age.

If we can only get along we each other the world will be such a very beautiful place to live.

edit on 24-7-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That's a good point I hadn't considered. Each side of the aisle is equally capable of sowing fear against the other. Which leads to hate, anger, and bias towards opposite political leanings. Seems like we've all drank some of that at one point or another.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The media controls or seeks to. There is no doubt about it, and when you add in bad economic times, people snap. Anyone who can't maintain a grip snaps.

And when they keep us divided and pointing fingers at each ... or the big scary tools that go BANG! What are we really missing?

link   
Talking Points Memo....they're not biased at all. Might as well be a righty using Breitbart.

Racism and White supremacy isn't a right wing view. In fact it is more rooted in the left. Harry Truman, Robert Byrd, David Duke....All Klan members and all left wing.

The media will continue to beat the drum that racism is a one sided street to suck in the low info voter and justify their choice to almost unilaterally support the left.

And re: guns we need more laws to make sure we enforce the laws that we have because the laws we have don't work so therefore more laws means they will finally work. Did that sound as stupid as it is?

link   
a reply to: introvert

Look, you refuse to look at the bigger picture, I refuse to let go of the fact that the man was diagnosed with serious mental illness.

I am agreeing to disagree with you.

In fact, I'm not even reading your last post because I have spent enough time trying to chip away at your disdain for the Right Wing.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I understand what you say, but I also see that extremism comes from all sides and they are as now very much part of our human way of thinking, fueled by our believes, is no only limited to our nation but it happens all over the world, Extremism is why wars are fueled by and capitalized for profits.

United we stand divided we fall.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wish we analyzed all of our nation's and the world's problems as rabidly as we analyze tragic incidents like this in a quest to assign blame to one side or the other and...prove something?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm with you 100%.

I feel it's easy to measure someone's level of extremism by their level of self-righteousness, and that is not limited to political views.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If we were to look at the bigger picture, wouldn't we be looking at not only the mental health issue, but also what effect Right-Wing propaganda can have on someone with mental health issues?

I do have a lot of disdain for the extreme Right wing. They are dangerously uninformed and pose a bigger threat than we are willing to admit.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

That is what I call the "ego", it comes as part of our humanity,we all have it, but let it rules us. One way to make it work for us is when we accept that we are wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The media controls or seeks to. There is no doubt about it, and when you add in bad economic times, people snap. Anyone who can't maintain a grip snaps.

And when they keep us divided and pointing fingers at each ... or the big scary tools that go BANG! What are we really missing?

I think starting about this page we're really starting to get somewhere -- conservatives and liberals alike. I think we're finally starting to see that the media creates and warps our perceptions -- thereby instilling a altered reality and mindset.

I think we all here on ATS ought to do a little experiment:

The next time we all watch the MSM on TV or listen to the radio, we should stop ourselves and think, "What are they really getting at? Are they trying to scare? What are they saying that makes me scare? What is being threatened? What does this story have to do with me, personally? What fear do I have because of this? What is being taken away right now, and what about this directly impacts and effects me and my family this exact moment?"

If we all stepped back and asked ourselves those questions, we might find that we're able to pick out the concrete facts and ditch much of the spin. The facts are all we really ought to be looking at, not the opinions and speculation of the talking heads.

When we let fear run our lives we become paralyzed and reactionary animals. We behave no better than our instincts allow. It dehumanizes us and is a direct attack on our intelligence. We throw out our critical thinking skills when we allow ourselves to be manipulated with fear by the media.

Don't sell yourself short -- all us are much smarter than we know, and more capable than we're told.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That study you're so fond of can be interpreted in other ways.

Maybe left-wingers have a defective sense of self-preservation. Being oblivious does not magically do away with real threats in the world. Does this study mean that left-wing people are not capable of survival without the protection of situationally-aware right-wingers?

Nah, I don't think so. 'It takes all kinds,' as they say. Without right-leaning thinkers, we wouldn't have security. Without leftists, we wouldn't have...Hollywood?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Yes, TPM is left leaning. The article, however, is fairly objective and doesn't go off on a rant, and it certainly isn't as reactionary and biased and your comparison website. Regardless of what the title says, the article is pretty good about pointing out that all these associations have not been verified 100%, and even calls out the Southern Poverty LC for their own very weak conclusions.

Nevertheless, these links remain. *If* they turn out to indeed be true (the links between Houser and the various postings verified), then that says something equally important.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

In terms of being close-minded and posing a threat to freedom, your words in this thread are as bad as any right-wing American.

The only difference is you 'know' you're the good guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join