It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Well, one way to interpret the studies are that liberalism is an evolutionary novel concept (a new thing).

We don't have to sharpen our sticks and stalk the mighty Ibex on the vast grasslands anymore for survival.

Defined as such, liberalism is evolutionarily novel. Humans (like other species) are evolutionarily designed to be altruistic toward their genetic kin, their friends and allies, and members of their deme (a group of intermarrying individuals) or ethnic group. They are not designed to be altruistic toward an indefinite number of complete strangers whom they are not likely ever to meet or interact with. This is largely because our ancestors lived in a small band of 50-150 genetically related individuals, and large cities and nations with thousands and millions of people are themselves evolutionarily novel.

Because all members of a hunter-gatherer tribe are genetic kin or at the very least friends and allies for life, sharing resources among them does not qualify as an expression of liberalism as defined above. Given its absence in the contemporary hunter-gatherer tribes, which are often used as modern-day analogs of our ancestral life, it may be reasonable to infer that sharing of resources with total strangers that one has never met or is not likely ever to meet – that is, liberalism – was not part of our ancestral life. Liberalism may therefore be evolutionarily novel

Psychology Today

I think it's just a new paradigm that we're moving into. As we move away from past modes of behavior that served us well, more liberal modes of conduct are going to become more prevalent. In 100 years, the liberals of today will probably seem very conservative.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The next time we all watch the MSM on TV or listen to the radio, we should stop ourselves and think, "What are they really getting at? Are they trying to scare? What are they saying that makes me scare? What is being threatened? What does this story have to do with me, personally? What fear do I have because of this? What is being taken away right now, and what about this directly impacts and effects me and my family this exact moment?"

If we all stepped back and asked ourselves those questions, we might find that we're able to pick out the concrete facts and ditch much of the spin. The facts are all we really ought to be looking at, not the opinions and speculation of the talking heads.

Exactly. That is one reason I stopped watching 24/7 news and those damned pundits. I don't need them to tell me how to think, but people base their entire perception of the world on people like that (Matthews, ex-Olbermann, OReilly, etc) but it's completely clouded and biased and helps nothing but foment tension and divide, and that's why when I see Posts on ATS with Breitbart or some other CLEARLY BIASED source that becomes fodder for those who are rabidly in agreement, it irritates me.

You're right though, if people would just think for themselves and look at the bigger picture, we would start to see how we're being manipulated at every turn.

Reminds me of "They Live."

edit on 24-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Dear Lord, I've been researching symbolism. Can anyone tell?

At any rate, when jumping down that rabbit hole a lot of media takes on a different focus and it does indeed start to look connected and tuned.

The worst of it is, I've stated before that I sense patterns, so this just confirms my notion that there are bigger pictures out there that most of us miss.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes, yes, let's make liberals genetically superior and evolved ... enlightened.

It should be noted that nowhere in there does it say us cavemen don't share.

You should also be aware that something else that writing says if you want to see it ... is that you're losing your survival instincts. Localism allows for better survival in the event of catastrophe.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

The fact that you equate what I said to that of the extreme right wing shows that it went completely over your head. But I'm glad that you are willing to admit the right wing extremists are "bad".

That's a good first step.

The only difference is you 'know' you're the good guy.

Not true, but thanks for assuming.

I must have really been on target with my comments because it has caused some people to not only make vast assumptions and take what I said to mean things I did not say, but they also have to go after me and assume that I believe I am better than anyone else.

This is too easy.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: raedar

Now this is interesting. Sounds like this guy would fit right in here on ATS, lol. I wonder if he *has* been on here?

What about him causes you to say he would fit in on ATS, and for that matter, if you see ATS as a place that attracts people like him - why are you a member?

Do you actually read people's very adamant beliefs when it comes to politics and social issues on this site? Seriously.

People rant about the same things. Enough said.

And you don't see the agenda at work? If you can't get rid of the opposition any other way, you demonize them and make the rest of the world think they are all crazy and just about to start shooting them every opportunity they get.

Will you be standing there at the trains waiting to help load all of us up when we get shipped off to Hillary's "fun" camps where we will be taught to no longer be a threat to the rest of you?

I see a lot of things at work, a lot of sinister things and with blame to go all around on ALL sides, but I don't see it as a left wing conspiracy to demonize the right and destroy them all.

Is that what you think the agenda really is?

It's a "battle" either way between two separate systems of beliefs that currently keeps getting further and further apart and therefore even less likely to compromise. And they become even more rabid. Both sides of them.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sorry, I missed this post earlier.

Well the only answer is to outlaw all right wing talk.

right?

Absolutely not. Just because I choose to point out the extremes of Right Wing propaganda does not mean I wish to take away their right to free speech.

This is an example of the extremes many people go to when talking about issues. You ask if I would outlaw speech and another member asked if we want to load people on trains and send them to FEMA camps.

Absolutely absurd.
edit on 24-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: raedar

That is what I call the "ego", it comes as part of our humanity,we all have it, but let it rules us. One way to make it work for us is when we accept that we are wrong.

YES. And to the few on this thread expressing so much FEAR of that frightening "Right Wing" ideology that is different than their own, or anything that causes you to be in fear of the US or the world (boogyman eh)

“We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are”
― Anaïs Nin

Question your fear and consider what's behind it. Fear is the root of all our troubles.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

*sigh* It's an evolutionary trend...we're all becoming more liberal as we shed our past ways of living.

Everyone's kids in 100 years will be more liberal than the kids of today, it's just a progression of our species as we get farther and farther away from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

And, not everything new is better.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: howmuch4another
and it certainly isn't as reactionary and biased and your comparison website.

It's the lefts talking points....of course it is just as biased and reactionary. Don't kid yourself.

Regardless of what the title says, the article is pretty good about pointing out that all these associations have not been verified 100%, and even calls out the Southern Poverty LC for their own very weak conclusions.

Then did you stop and ask why they would run with it?

Nevertheless, these links remain. *If* they turn out to indeed be true (the links between Houser and the various postings verified), then that says something equally important.

As long as we keep calling his connection to White Supremists "right wing" I guess? The only thing important is he was a nutbag with mental issues that went to a public place to kill people....unless of course you want to make it partisan. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: raedar

Now this is interesting. Sounds like this guy would fit right in here on ATS, lol. I wonder if he *has* been on here?

What about him causes you to say he would fit in on ATS, and for that matter, if you see ATS as a place that attracts people like him - why are you a member?

Do you actually read people's very adamant beliefs when it comes to politics and social issues on this site? Seriously.

People rant about the same things. Enough said.

And you don't see the agenda at work? If you can't get rid of the opposition any other way, you demonize them and make the rest of the world think they are all crazy and just about to start shooting them every opportunity they get.

Will you be standing there at the trains waiting to help load all of us up when we get shipped off to Hillary's "fun" camps where we will be taught to no longer be a threat to the rest of you?

I see a lot of things at work, a lot of sinister things and with blame to go all around on ALL sides, but I don't see it as a left wing conspiracy to demonize the right and destroy them all.

Is that what you think the agenda really is?

It's a "battle" either way between two separate systems of beliefs that currently keeps getting further and further apart and therefore even less likely to compromise. And they become even more rabid. Both sides of them.

I think it's one possible pattern.

Things were going badly in Germany so instead of letting people focus on the government and blame them, they created the "Other" who in that case wound up being Jews + all of society's other undesirables (gays, JWs, Roma, mentally impaired, etc.) for people to focus their anger, frustration and hatred on.

Most genocides throughout history follow this kind of pattern. As to whether we'll build to that pitch here? I don't know, but if things are orchestrated that way, then it may go down one way or the other.

So long as you have someone or something to blame everything on, you aren't looking at the true authors of your actual destruction.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
One thing I've noticed as I've read the 7 pages of this thread....

The "hate" is coming from the right conservative side and not the left.
edit on 24-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Is the best explanation of why statistic doesn't match the rise on mass gun violence, but it explain the raise of media coverage of the incidents.

You're right, and I wonder how many people out there don't see any correlation there. I'm guessing far too many...people are so willing to just believe whatever they hear or see, without even thinking to double check or question. I could not live that way.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Very good points ...

It's a lot easier to externalize and point fingers at an existential group than take the time to do some internal reflection.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No, it's not as reactionary as other clearly biased and partisan articles. I read the article, and it doesn't specifically lambast the right as being extreme or anything similar, it touches on the fact that it appears that there is a connection but doesn't say that it is indeed the case because we are still learning things and trying to verify.

The title gets attention, true, but as far as the article itself, see the above sentence.

As far as partisan issues, well, *if* those associations are true them it essentially becomes a partisan issue because those beliefs are largely confined to ONE side of the political spectrum even if he is one man who murdered people with no direct ties.

Reminds me of the people who, after Roof admitted his murders were racially motivated, were all "now wait a minute, before we start with the 'this is a race thing we need to get all the facts.'" He ADMITTED IT, end of story.

If these posting ARE verified as belonging to Houser, well...

But yes, as far as crises go, as far as mainstream sentiments go, gotta assign blame to one side of political spectrum it seems. :/

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The only thing important is he was a nutbag with mental issues that went to a public place to kill people....unless of course you want to make it partisan.

Is it partisan to point out that not only was he a nutbag with mental issues, but that he also may have been exposed to extreme right wing propaganda as well that may have played a role in his overall mindset?

Of course we can't say that. Calling a spade a spade isn't PC and we have to worry about the feelings we may hurt.

If this guy was a liberal it would be fair game, correct? We can bash them all we want. But if it's a nutbag right-winger we have to watch our tongue because that's partisan.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Oh for sure he was. His wife committed him to a mental health facility in 2008, manic depression and bi polar disorder.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Oh, I completely agree with you about projecting our own inadequacies and fears onto the "other," and it's classic Jungian projection.

And people eat it up.

Reminds me of the a recent thread on ATS: one was about liberals and their bigotry of any belief not like their own, which was, essentially a projection of perceived flaws onto the left. And then there are those on the left that project their own failures and inadequacies onto to the right, so we had a similar reactionary thread about *that.*

We do it in politics, social interaction, relationships, and our cultural perceptions, because that's how we unconsciously validate ourselves and our beliefs. Sadly, these things take on their own forms and lives and are used by the powerful and those with platforms (both consciously and unconsciously) to further control and manipulate everyone else.

Hence, we have murderers with such distorted views of reality that they break.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Is the best explanation of why statistic doesn't match the rise on mass gun violence, but it explain the raise of media coverage of the incidents.

You're right, and I wonder how many people out there don't see any correlation there. I'm guessing far too many...people are so willing to just believe whatever they hear or see, without even thinking to double check or question. I could not live that way.

I'll bet it would also be interesting to see how many cop shooting there are actually are as opposed to how many there are that end tragically for a black man.

For example, I know a white man was shot and killed in this area and no one is quite clear why except that the people in the chase said they thought he might have a gun when he fell out of his car.

www.kshb.com...

You can watch the cell video here.

Not black though, so it's only local.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
On behalf of all evil, greedy, right-wing, conservatives peoples;

I'm sorry we terrify you all so much.

Come get our guns. We'll start taking sensitivity training and hug-therapy.

Kindest regards,

Evil Bunny.

(place rolling eyes emoticon here)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join