It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
funny how you don't see illegal aliens or black people or "left wing, welfare cheating, obamacare loving, bleeding heart liberals" going on shooting sprees.

You wouldn't call the hundreds (thousands?) of gun-related, gang-related deaths in the cities, shooting sprees?

Who do you think THEY vote for?

And you wouldn't call the lax gun control laws and issue?

Just where do you think these illegal guns are coming from...?

Does it matter if gun laws are "lax" or "stringent"?

Illegally obtained handguns are procured illegally.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

I'm pretty confident it isn't a minority that dictates "how guns are handled". Rather, it's the Constitution that gives Americans the right to own and carry firearms. And if claiming my constitutional rights make me a right wing extremist, then I carry that as a badge of honor.
edit on 7/24/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

funny how you don't see illegal aliens or black people or "left wing, welfare cheating, obamacare loving, bleeding heart liberals" going on shooting sprees.

You wouldn't call the hundreds (thousands?) of gun-related, gang-related deaths in the cities, shooting sprees?

So where are these guns coming from? From legal gun owners, I would presume.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's a good attempt at an argument, but this isn't quite the same.

Those pseduo-science beliefs about race were based on cranial cavity sizes and other irrelevant measurements. These studies are a blend of physical science and psychology.

So we're not only seeing statistically significant numbers of self-described conservatives exhibiting a common enlarged brain structure, we're also noting behavioral patterns when exposed to scary imagery.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I'm pretty confident it isn't a minority that dictates "how guns are handled". Rather, it's the Constitution that gives Americans the right to own and carry firearms. And if claiming my constitutional rights make me a right wing extremist, then I carry that as a badge of honor.

It is the minority that will not let any change to that amendment, every other amendment can be altered or changed but not this one.

Why do you think they call it an amendment so that it could be changed for the times.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Yes, I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if having guns and be happy to own them means that my brain was wired like that because research is proving that as truth, then I guess I accept the "branding"

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But you don't deny that you yourself admit that everything negative and wrong with your world feeds back to something or someone right wing?

That wasn't me. I've never said that EVERYTHING feeds back to the right wing. I just think that they have better propaganda and their believers are more ignorant.

Either you are being programmed to believe that through Hegelian dialect and you buy into it because you would absolutely LOVE to belief yourself superior and the only true and right way to be. It feels good to be BETTER than a bunch of other people.

I'm not being programmed whatsoever. I speak of what I believe and have learned through research and observation. I also don't believe that I am better than anyone else.

But thank you for the assumption. I hear this all the time from people that cannot deny what I claim, and instead must resort to making this personal and that I hold myself up on some sort of pedestal. Or the "ivory tower" tactic.

It gives you a simplistic good/evil paradigm to feed off of. You being good and the rest of them being evil.

To look at something as good and evil shows a lack of understanding. I don't believe anyone to be purely evil as even those that could be perceived as evil justify their actions to themselves somehow.

That may be the way you look at it, but it's too simplistic for me.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
@Introvert

You said-
Do you deny that the Right wing MSM preaches hate, ignorance, fear and lies?

Like what you're doing right now for the Left, you mean? LOL

edit on 24-7-2015 by raedar because: can't quote, edited for clarity

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You got it, I am glad, remember is not argument I said that I was serious and sarcastic at the same time.

Who knows how my brain has been wired to be, but I can tell you one thing, I do see all angles believe it or not.

Its hard to see humanity and human actions for what they are without the ego taking over reason

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Like what you're doing right now, you mean? LOL

Is it ignorance, fear and lies when it is the truth. Also I do not hate the the right, I just think they need to stop living in fear of the unknown and stop spreading the above.
edit on 24-7-2015 by krosnos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So where are these guns coming from? From legal gun owners, I would presume.

Nope.

Actually, they are procured from straw purchases (which is currently illegal) and gun dealers making illegal sales (which is currently illegal) and unlicensed street dealers (which is also currently illegal).

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

like i said in another thread the majority of those idiots are killing other idiots, these mass shooters are blatantly killing innocent people. as far as the other poster asked about what political views the other mass shooters have had if u go down the list and think about it they were all gun fanatics or mentally unstable or both. i hate to paint the mass shooters w such a wide brush but isn't that exactly what trump did about illegal aliens, which is the point i was trying to make.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Illegal guns come from a variety of sources, and cannot be attributed mainly to "lax gun laws". Straw purchases from family members(illegal!), theft(illegal!), trading for drugs/stolen merchandise(illegal!) are the main sources.

www.forbes.com...
www.urban.org...

An easy and convenient scapegoat is those "lax" gun laws. The FBI and BATF-E says otherwise.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

MystikMushroom's post was spot on with the research. I've noticed it not only within my group of friends, but in family members and in personal relationships. Of the people I know, those with Republican/Conservative leanings tend to not only respond to fear, but are also the most protective. While those with Democrat/Liberal leanings tend to not worry about such things as much.

It's apparent to me that there's a balancing act between the two mindsets that has incredible potential to complement one another. The conservative to recognize fear and act accordingly. And the liberal to remind not everything is a threat.

It's a shame the two sides don't get along better.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh, I feel like I'm back in school. Instead of actually addressing the issue I brought forth, you reply with an argument that is equal to "I know you are, but what am I".

Sad.

Please refute my statements with logic and common sense and save the childish banter for someone else.

Edit to add: This is going to come off as snarky and rude, but I am not a teenage girl. Save your "LOL's" for someone else. I despise text talk and prefer to use English if at all possible.
edit on 24-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Re-education camps are needed for both extremes, far left & far right.

As Introvert rightly said, they're "dangerously uninformed"...

They shouldn't be in public places.

They shouldn't have a platform or a forum to radicalise people...

Anyone disagreeing should be up in arms about Guantanamo Bay, but you're not are you, because you know deep down its necessary for these extremists to be kept away from anyone who could be influenced, and in 2015 that's a lot of people.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Oh, I feel like I'm back in school. Instead of actually addressing the issue I brought forth, you reply with an argument that is equal to "I know you are, but what am I".

Sad.

Please refute my statements with logic and common sense and save the childish banter for someone else.

I pointed out that you are DOING what you are accusing the Right of.

You made your own point, friend! I just highlighted it for you.

Do you want to discuss his mental health? You yourself said you listen to Right Wing radio everyday. Why have you not gone crazy and shot up a theater?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

You know is funny, I am American, but because I wasn't born in the US and brought up with this right thing or left thing branding I tend to wonder many times what people really means by it, because sometimes I don't see it, perhaps because I am not looking to see the differences when talking with people about politics, usually I get to speak most of the time with people that have very wide and open views about what goes on around them and this type of people tends to be objective and open minded.

I have never really had talk in person with somebody that happen to be obtuse and hard die on his own views, unless I read post here in ATS.

In person is a different thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Star for you!

We have to all remember that it takes all kinds ...

We can't have a runaway liberal society, we'd get ourselves so neck-deep in fast tracked change we'd destroy ourselves. Conservative beliefs in tradition spark open discussion and keep things moving along at a much more reasonable and sane speed.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join