It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Perhaps is possible that he took the political rhetoric's of some of the issue of morality, women's rights, religion, race, abortion - to make an example for everybody on his derange and mentally induced and drug manipulated vision of righteousness.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
When we start associating political ideology with acts of violence, there runs a real risk.

I mean, looking at the political ideology of inner-city gangs, you might make the assumption that everyone who votes democratic is prone to violence and wants to simply kill everyone who doesn't think or act like them.

I mean, isn't there double, sometimes triple digit deaths due to gun violence every weekend in Baltimore, Chicago, LA?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I agree 100% and speak from personal experience. I celebrated 1-year of sobriety last week, and prior to that was beginning to suffer some serious physical and mental issues.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yes I agree, but is also treatment for alcoholism that include the use of certain antidepressant drugs.

I guess we may have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

originally posted by: Liquesence

Now this is interesting. Sounds like this guy would fit right in here on ATS, lol. I wonder if he *has* been on here?

What about him causes you to say he would fit in on ATS, and for that matter, if you see ATS as a place that attracts people like him - why are you a member?

Do you actually read people's very adamant beliefs when it comes to politics and social issues on this site? Seriously.

People rant about the same things. Enough said.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Lots of election fodder surfacing.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I think anti-depressant work for some without issue, and a fraction of people have the severe reactions that are included in the warning, such as violent thoughts, suicidal thoughts, etc. If there's a fraction of possibility someone could react this way, shouldn't that be enough to deny approval? Well, not for the FDA.

What's a few million dollars paid out settling a lawsuit to a billion dollar industry?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I know, it is something that the news are good at is to spin the agenda first before looking for the obvious.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yes, you are right, I am trying to figure out where the link came from, perhaps by the author of the article in the link provided?

It maybe that particular web side opinion.

But Im sure it will be spin enough to avoid looking in the right places.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So, was the guy bipolar before he became religious or was it the other way around?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Look, these kids of shootings really aren't on the rise...

James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University and frequent commentator on criminal justice issues, has kept a close eye on the numbers, tracking mass-shooting incidents with four or more fatalities between 1976 and 2012 — the most recent year for which FBI data are available. Data he provided Science of Us produced the following graph:

It's clear that there is no major upward trend. And slicing the data differently doesn't make a difference — Fox said that since homicides are on the downswing in general, the overall shape of the graph wouldn't change much if you changed the definition of a mass shooting to, say, three victims or more. There isn't even any upswing in the number of school shooting victims, at least based on the Department of Education's own official statistics (PDF).

Why, then, is there such a powerful feeling that things are getting worse? Media coverage plays a big role. It's almost hard to believe today, but there was a time in the not too distant past when people in New York might not even hear about a school shooting that happened across the country. Today, every incident immediately explodes onto the national stage and is then amplified a millionfold by social media.

NY Mag

So, if we want to blame access to guns or SSRI's we can't really do that. Both SSRI's and Guns have been around since 1987, guns themselves even longer.

This isn't a black/white issue. This isn't a quick-fix, make some new laws, ban some drugs kind of thing. This is a deep-rooted societal problem that has to do with the very social fabric of our country. People are pissed off and disenfranchised. People are more divided than ever, and feeling the "crunch" so to speak. People are encouraged to indulge their egos and behave like spoiled little brats when their fantasy worlds are infringed on.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
This isn't a black/white issue. This isn't a quick-fix, make some new laws, ban some drugs kind of thing. This is a deep-rooted societal problem that has to do with the very social fabric of our country. People are pissed off and disenfranchised. People are more divided than ever, and feeling the "crunch" so to speak. People are encouraged to indulge their egos and behave like spoiled little brats when their fantasy worlds are infringed on.

The things you've said cannot be denied. The family unit in this country has been destroyed. The incidents that we're seeing are what I believe to be a direct result of said destruction.
edit on 7/24/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Interesting, this only cement my believe of the agenda behind the link between gun mass shootings and gun control.

We can not forget the media spinning.

I am also in the belief that many people become so frustrated that the only way to make themselves heard is with violence, after all politicians in Washington has been working for themselves and their backers no for the people and our needs.

But is also the fact that many of the people involved in mass shootings have some mental problems and under medical care and medications.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Now this is interesting. Sounds like this guy would fit right in here on ATS, lol. I wonder if he *has* been on here?

What about him causes you to say he would fit in on ATS, and for that matter, if you see ATS as a place that attracts people like him - why are you a member?

Do you actually read people's very adamant beliefs when it comes to politics and social issues on this site? Seriously.

People rant about the same things. Enough said.

And you don't see the agenda at work? If you can't get rid of the opposition any other way, you demonize them and make the rest of the world think they are all crazy and just about to start shooting them every opportunity they get.

Will you be standing there at the trains waiting to help load all of us up when we get shipped off to Hillary's "fun" camps where we will be taught to no longer be a threat to the rest of you?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Statistics are a good overall measure, but you'd have to look more specifically as in case-by-case regarding SSRI's, in my opinion. It would be worth doing so since the manufacturer warnings include acts of violent behavior of some type on some of them.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

How convenient is this? Another white "lone wolf" shooter, with some either real or conspiratorial connection to both right-wing extremism and/or white supremacy? This is is very suspect, and very fishy, that so many things are coming together with such similarities, from a SECOND black woman being found hanged, to a SECOND lone wolf (potentially white supremacist racist) killer.

Some would argue the media is complicit in manufacturing these domestic lone wolves, and that there is an agenda somewhere that seems to implicate the right wing for violent wing views, but why?

Why are these nuts apparently posting their hate and paranoia filled bile on these websites before they go off the deep end?

Something is NOT right in the bigger picture. What the hell is going on?

I am not a political follower of any variety and even I can see that there is a pattern here. It's convenient because it's being orchestrated, plain and simple...that's what I believe anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Interesting, this only cement my believe of the agenda behind the link between gun mass shootings and gun control.

That is one facet of it, I am quite convinced of that.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Ha, the side effects to get to see most are the ones written by the manufactures, but when you research on actually side effects by the people that are using or have used the medications it becomes scary as hell.

In America today,

The study, published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings, shows that seven out of 10 Americans take at least one prescription drug. The most commonly prescribed drug is antibiotics -- taken by 17 percent of Americans -- followed by antidepressants and opioids -- each taken by 13 percent of Americans.

"Often when people talk about health conditions they're talking about chronic conditions such as heart disease or diabetes," study researcher Jennifer St. Sauver, Ph.D., who is a member of the Mayo Clinic Population Health Program, said in a statement. "However, the second most common prescription was for antidepressants -- that suggests mental health is a huge issue and is something we should focus on. And the third most common drugs were opioids, which is a bit concerning considering their addicting nature."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now is obvious that is a bigger agenda with the site that posted the news article to blame right wings views

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It's called PROPAGANDA and they are demonizing the right.

Yes, they are demonizing the right and they deserve every bit that they get.

For many years now we have had a section of the right-wing that has gone bat # crazy and not only does it spread lies and half-truths, but they also spread hate, fear and use their propaganda to create a section of society that is dangerously uninformed.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Is the best explanation of why statistic doesn't match the rise on mass gun violence, but it explain the raise of media coverage of the incidents.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join