It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

We need to get a drum circle together and someone can play a pan flute. We'll all dance around in white robes, in green spaces!

But seriously though, this world is bereft of compassion and human dignity...we could all do well to have a shot humility.
edit on 24-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Humility requires someone admitting that they may not be right.

You're better off looking for an honest politician.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: howmuch4another

No, it's not as reactionary as other clearly biased and partisan articles.

You can say it as much as you want but it is delusion. Breitbart and TPM are two sides of the coin.

I read the article, and it doesn't specifically lambast the right as being extreme

Certainly you understand context. The title is the filter in which the article will be read. It is a hit piece hoping to sully and associate right leaning people to this kook.

As far as partisan issues, well, *if* those associations are true them it essentially becomes a partisan issue because those beliefs are largely confined to ONE side of the political spectrum

^^Again... Racism and White Supremacy are not partisan and in fact have just as many links to the left. Since you mentioned Roof. I never heard anybody say it wasn't a hate crime and racially motivated but just as in this article many were quick to use him as a link to paint the right as racists. There have been more KKK members in the US Government that were Democrats than Republicans.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Life would be a whole lot easier if I hadn't arrived at the conclusion that I have a right to the fruits of my labors to dispose of as I see fit mixed with the plain teachings out of that pesky book so many people dislike.

They get me labeled right wing.

I don't care if other people agree or not, but I only explain in the hope to pave the way for understanding. You don't have to agree with me. I'm only asking for you to walk enough in my shows to understand where I come from.

And when you tell me what you want in return please get down to the particulars. In theory, I don't disagree that it would be nice to provide a basic everything for everyone, but I have yet to see a really workable plan that would achieve it. No one in their right mind says that isn't a noble goal, but I can't see any practical way to implement it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

No, it's not delusion. I said TPM is left leaning, but it's not as blatantly partisan as your example. That is a fact.

And I have read articles that, while the title is certainly baiting, had undeniably biased content.

While racism and white supremacy is certainly NOT partisan in the long run, other beliefs most definitely are largely partisan. All it takes it looking at what's going on int he country.

ETA:

I rarely hear about people on the left and their unrelenting attempt to deny minorities basic rights. But I see it frequently on the right, from voting laws, to immigration, to gay rights, to everything in between.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Using violence against others.
-both left and right

Stealing money from people and candy from babies and denying freedom to everyone and being more evil than vampire-clowns who are also zombies
-left wing

Spanking tiny kittens with spatulas
-right wing

I hope that clears things up for everyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes, yes, you are evolved far beyond us primitves, and nothing I say can possibly be worth considering. Your simple comments are just too much for my brain to process; that's the only possible explanation for my disagreeance.

Pro tip: that petulant mentality is the reason you think "this is easy"

Old Bert Russell had some crazy ideas, but every day someone proves this one right:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

edit on 24-7-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting. From CNN

In 2008, relatives in Georgia sought a restraining order against Houser when he vowed to stop his daughter's upcoming marriage, according to court documents that mentioned a history of mental disorders including manic depression and bipolar disorder.

Houser's wife was so worried about his mental state she had removed all guns and weapons from their home, the documents said.

Manic Depression and Bipolar.

In 2001, he lost his liquor license for Rusty's Pub in LaGrange, Georgia, for serving minors, according to public documents from the city.

In response, Houser hanged a flag with a swastika approximately the size of a bed sheet on the building where the pub operated, according to a local law enforcement official.

According to the official, Houser indicated it was in response to his belief that law enforcement, the city and the courts were behaving as if they were a Nazi regime.

"The people who used it -- the Nazis -- they did what they damn well pleased," Houser was quoted as saying in the LaGrange Daily News.

Dude was nuts. How he was able to purchase a gun, I have no idea.

Crazy, paranoid, online postings...wow

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No, it's not delusion. I said TPM is left leaning, but it's not as blatantly partisan as your example. That is a fact.

And I have read articles that, while the title is certainly baiting, had undeniably biased content.

While racism and white supremacy is certainly NOT partisan, other beliefs most definitely are largely partisan.

No, TPM doesn't seem as blatantly partisan to you because it already agrees with you internally. Your schema matches it's slant. By comparison, anything that goes against your own internal bias, is going to be what you consider blatantly partisan. It seems so because it clashes so strongly with what you already believe inside.

None of that means that TPM isn't a blatantly slanted site. It only shows where your own bias lies.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The only thing important is he was a nutbag with mental issues that went to a public place to kill people....unless of course you want to make it partisan.

Is it partisan to point out that not only was he a nutbag with mental issues, but that he also may have been exposed to extreme right wing propaganda as well that may have played a role in his overall mindset?

Of course we can't say that. Calling a spade a spade isn't PC and we have to worry about the feelings we may hurt.

You can but it is the linking of cause and effect that is the stretch. I don't remember hearing the media calling out the "left wing" ties of murderers much in the past in fact they try to twist them to right wing every chance they get. Nadal Hasan - Fort Hood shooter, Aaron Alexis-Navy yard Shooter, Seung-Hui Cho- Virginia Tech shooter, James Holmes-Dark Night Shooter, Jared Laughner-Tuscon Shooter I could go on. The media almost always turned the spotlight to the gun debate instead of radical leftist views. The fact is they were all nuts. Regardless of political affiliation.

If this guy was a liberal it would be fair game, correct? We can bash them all we want. But if it's a nutbag right-winger we have to watch our tongue because that's partisan.

No. it wouldn't, You're problem is you can't seem to separate nutbag from right winger. You want to connect them any chance you can because it makes you feel better.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Swastika Incident from Georgia 15 years ago.

lagrangenews.com...

As I posted in the other thread, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if there are some drugs involved as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I already said TMP was left leaning. I'm not denying that.

And I'm tired of repeating myself.

It certainly does NOT have the degree of partisan propaganda like so many other RW sites that so many people here use as "news." The article in the OP is pretty damned objective, and the quotes in the OP show that. The tone is speculative versus that of sites on the other side. And that's a fact.

I've seen an untold number of articles on right wing sites (and I even created a thread comparing an article on one to an article on a different site) that are so clearly biased it's sickening and written for the sole purpose of riling up the base.

This article does not appear to be created for the sole purpose of riling the liberal base, and I'm posting it because A) it was the first thing i found on twitter, and B) I find it interesting that this guy allegedly posted thoughts and opinions that appear to be clearly singular to extreme right wing beliefs and that have also been held by other right wing extremists.

Anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You know what's also interesting? Now all it takes is for someone crazy to go on a shooting spree with apparently random targets and that person is labeled right wing. At least Dylann Roof had to do something overtly racist to make his shooting a definite hate crime.

Now we have a white man snap and he may have some views and it's a right wing hate crime against ...? Heck we don't even know if there IS a motive.

Doesn't matter Dylann Roof apparently set the precedent by which we can now tar and feather everyone.
edit on 24-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I don't remember hearing the media calling out the "left wing" ties of murderers

What radical left wing ties? There is not a radical leftist movement in the US. There is also no radical left wing media outlets. MSNBC is about the most left MSM outlet we have and they are far from radical.

The fact is they were all nuts. Regardless of political affiliation.

If those you mentioned were far left radicals, why wasn't it part of the overall debate at the time? Could it be because there is no radical leftist movement to speak of and there is no evidence to point to that suggests "leftist propaganda" would have a big enough effect to play a role in the mind and actions of nutbags?

The same cannot be same for the right. Turn on the TV or the radio and radical right wing is easy to find.

No. it wouldn't

Of course liberals are fair game. It's perfectly acceptable to bash the Left even when it's based on complete lies, but the minute someone bashes the Right, it's partisan politics and attention is diverted elsewhere.

You're problem is you can't seem to separate nutbag from right winger.

Sure I can. There are plenty of people that are nutbags that have nothing to do with the right wing. It seems some people cannot accept that right wing propaganda and their media outlets brainwash people and have them believing in extremes.

I am willing to say that not all nutbags are right wing. Can you agree that right wing propaganda and media does exactly what I described in certain cases?

You want to connect them any chance you can because it makes you feel better.

This is the first time I've ever discussed right wing extremism and the actions of nutbags on this site. I appreciate your assumptions though. Wish to try again?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You know what's also interesting? Now all it takes is for someone crazy to go on a shooting spree with apparently random targets and that person is labeled right wing.

Because they just randomly decide to label him right wing to demonize the right, correct, and further the liberal agenda?

But not because it appears he authored a crap ton of online posts—including co-hosting a radio show—that dealt with opinions and beliefs that are shared with and condoned by the extreme right wing?

Oh no, not that, not that at all, let's ignore THAT part. *eye roll*

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You know what's also interesting? Now all it takes is for someone crazy to go on a shooting spree with apparently random targets and that person is labeled right wing.

Because they just randomly decide to label him right wing to demonize the right, correct, and further the liberal agenda?

But not because it appears he authored a crap ton of online posts—including co-hosting a radio show—that dealt with opinions and beliefs that are shared with and condoned by the extreme right wing?

Can you tie that to his shooting? Did those beliefs motivate it? If not, then it's an interesting aside.

In the Roof case, we can probably guess that his associations with racist groups had something to do with his crime.

I seem to recall that every time a Muslim does this, we get cautioned to not assume it was his religion that motivated his crime until we find out otherwise. So fair is fair.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

How he was able to purchase a gun... [Link]

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And of course your "unbiased" source uses SPLC for most of its primary source material. *roll eyes*

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

It was easy because you tried to make a correlation between my comments and that of right wing extremist propaganda. No comparison can be made.

No one has come forth to refute my assertions. Instead they just call me an arrogant ass for saying it.

You have done the same. Instead of showing where I am wrong, you simply say "ya, well you do it too".

What am I supposed to do with that? That is not a logical or effective debate tactic. That's playground talk.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Liquesence

How he was able to purchase a gun... [Link]

Wow...thanks ALEC...

SMH.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join