It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Movie Theater Gunman Left Online Trail Of Extreme Right Wing Views

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

No one cares why this really happened. It's an opportunity to challenge opposing political beliefs. It's a sad thing because it detracts from the situation at hand.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well if I was programmed it was the rights viewpoints that did it

Read all over ATS how the right would love to force everyone to do as they wish.

I have been programmed from comments straight from the horses mouth. The right believes their rights supersede other peoples rights.

link   
a reply to: introvert

And then there's mental illness which is the TRUTH, but hey let's blame it on something the deplorable MSM says we should.

I don't see this as a game and I'm not playing anything with you. I was trying to help you see that you have been hypnotized by the mainstream media. But you're enjoying yourself playing games, cool.

So, what political affiliation were the other mass shooters? You seem to avoid this question.

link   

It could also tell you that we live in a world defined by Hegelian dialect and that the propaganda you are fed tells you lump everything you should hate into a category labeled as "right" which is conveniently color-coded as red with red being the elite's color for violence, aggression and rage. And it's no coincidence that in The Matrix, Neo is seen choosing the red pill with his left hand symbolizing the Left-Hand path or the path that abandons morality and taboo and is also equated with malicious or black magic.

So when you choose to buy into the idea that everything of the right (which would be opposite of the left hand path) is also something you should feel nothing but hatred and rage toward and something you should seek to destroy. You are buying right in to the plan. Congratulation! You are behaving perfectly as programmed.

Thank you. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

La La Land.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: introvert

If the demonizing is deserved, how is that propaganda? They don't have to make up lies. The Right leaves it out there for all to see.

So if the "Right" ever takes power, will you be one of the ones on the left making crazy and violent accusations?

I fail to see how this question is relevant, nor how it makes very much sense. You will have to clarify for me, please.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But you don't deny that you yourself admit that everything negative and wrong with your world feeds back to something or someone right wing? Or was that krosnos?

Either you are being programmed to believe that through Hegelian dialect and you buy into it because you would absolutely LOVE to belief yourself superior and the only true and right way to be. It feels good to be BETTER than a bunch of other people.

It gives you a simplistic good/evil paradigm to feed off of. You being good and the rest of them being evil.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
funny how you don't see illegal aliens or black people or "left wing, welfare cheating, obamacare loving, bleeding heart liberals" going on shooting sprees.

how long til donald trump starts going off on these mass killers and their extremist views?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Reuters report that there are 90 guns to every 100 people in the U.S.

Almost 319, 000, 000 people in the U.S. That is about 287, 000, 000 guns.

There are a handful of mass shootings and lone wolf politically related shootings each year. So far in 2015 there have been about 3 (it might be slightly higher, perhaps someone can put me right as I am not in U.S).

Does it surprise anybody that these incidents happen from time to time with that many guns available to that many people? It surprises me that they are so few to be honest.

It is easy to get a distorted picture, but statistically there is no evidence to suggest that there is an epidemic on. These shootings are used terribly by politics and media to push certain agendas.

All the shooters have had diverse agendas and backgrounds.

Second Amendment privileges taken up by such a majority* of the population will have these kind of side effects. Of course politicians, lobbyists and the media that gives these people a voice will use the collateral as propaganda to push their agendas.

I feel bad for people in the U.S. It is very sad that so many people become victims and to all intents and purposes like a sacrifice to the Second Amendment. I don't see any way out of it. No matter what safeguards are put into place there will be incidents of this nature.

It is not my business to comment other than as a friend from the outside whether the right to bear arms is a good idea or not. I just wanted to add some statistical reality to counteract the distortions and propaganda.

*EDIT: It is actually one third of U.S population who own firearms as I have just be informed by another member.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It is my belief.

Name one good thing that the right believes and maybe I will change my POV.

I understand that the entire right is not full of complete idiots, but the party itself attracts a lot of idiots, bigots, racist and extremists from all over the globe.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Interesting you bring that on, because it shows with all the post here, some will want to see what the motivation was for the gun man to kill, while others support the story line, so the feeding of the propaganda from the site were the information was linked too, is exactly doing its purpose, to keep the debate base on political standing.

After the propaganda does the damage the topic will not longer be on why the man chose to go on rampage but on who to blame for he doing the killing.

It's amazing how propaganda works.

edit on 24-7-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've said this a gazillion times...conservative-thinking people respond to fear because their brains are actually wired that way. This is why FOX is so effective and why the right-wing media outlets spew fear-inducing propaganda. Fear works on conservative people really, really well.

Over the past few years, a number of experiments have begun to shed light on the relationship between emotion and political inclinations. “There’s empirical research that suggests that when people are primed with images of mortality—graveyards, hospitals, the elderly—this can move them to the right,” said John Hibbing, who directs the political physiology lab at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Some studies suggest that people who are already conservative may be extra-sensitive to these images.

And it's also seen with brain scans:

Some psychologists believe there’s a biological mechanism underpinning political orientation, which also conditions our response to aversive stimuli. When researchers look at liberals’ and conservatives’ brain scans, conservatives tend to show a greater physiological response to threatening images

Psychology Of Fear Increases Conservatism

It's not just psychological, as the brain scans reveal -- there brains themselves of conservatives are different:

Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College London found that self-described conservative students had a larger amygdala (link is external) than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

Psychology Today

So doesn't it make sense that the right-wing news media would pander to their audience by trying to instill fear in them? Doesn't it make sense that the sky is always falling and a threat is always around the corner on Fox News?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

one thing is for sure, 99 percent of these people doing these shooting were on some form of anti-depressants, if ever there was any agenda to push from these shootings it would be the over medicating of america.

guns, drugs, alcohol and mental illness do not mesh well together.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
funny how you don't see illegal aliens or black people or "left wing, welfare cheating, obamacare loving, bleeding heart liberals" going on shooting sprees.

how long til donald trump starts going off on these mass killers and their extremist views?

Nobody will answer this question -

What political views did other mass shooters have? Oh wait, it didn't matter because they were mentally ill...is that it?

THIS MAN WAS REPORTEDLY MENTALLY ILL AS WELL AS DIAGNOSED AND AT CERTAIN POINTS HOSPITALIZED.

Edit to add - HIS POLITICAL AFFILIATION DID NOT MAKE HIM INSANE, HIS MENTAL ILLNESS DID.
edit on 24-7-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

link   

You wouldn't call the hundreds (thousands?) of gun-related, gang-related deaths in the cities, shooting sprees?

Who do you think THEY vote for?

link   

No they riot.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Wrong it is only 1/3 of the population of America that owns guns. It is not the majority. That is the issue that a minority of the country can dictate how guns are handled.

1 in 3 Americans Owns a Gun

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I have to disagree and I will dare to call the so call research nothing but bias.

Studies like that was what created the reason as why races are different than others, and supremacy was born, as a way to accept racism.

Yes I been serious and sarcastic at the same way.

link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I've already shown that these types of incidents haven't risen since the introduction of SSRI antidepressant drugs.

This is a deep rooted societal problem that we want to find an easy scapegoat for.

Yes, let's just all point our finger at a class of drugs, claim they're the reason, pat ourselves on the back and go back to our regularly scheduled programming -- meanwhile ignoring the significant social problems that our country is facing.

We need to be asking ourselves why so many Americans are unhappy.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You wouldn't call the hundreds (thousands?) of gun-related, gang-related deaths in the cities, shooting sprees?

Who do you think THEY vote for?

And you wouldn't call the lax gun control laws an issue?

Just where do you think these illegal guns are coming from...?

Or how about the right propaganda that the illegals are killing Americans left and right, or that black people are more likely to kill/hamr you than greet you. How about that the right says gays have and an agenda or that the left is coming after guns.

The right creates fear, and the gullible fall for it all the time.
edit on 24-7-2015 by krosnos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

And then there's mental illness which is the TRUTH

That is a factor, yes.

but hey let's blame it on something the deplorable MSM says we should.

Why should I care what the MSM says?

I was trying to help you see that you have been hypnotized by the mainstream media.

Thanks, but I'm doing just fine. I don't watch TV, in fact I don't own a TV, and I rarely listen to radio. When I do it's Right-Wing radio because I like to listen to the day's new "outrage....and Left Wing radio doesn't exist.

I've done my research and can see what's going on. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that there is a huge difference. I'm not saying the Left is innocent in all of this, but they do not come close to comparing to the Right wing.

So, what political affiliation were the other mass shooters? You seem to avoid this question.

No such question was ever asked. Therefore nothing to be avoided.

As far as the political affiliation of other shooters, I don't care. I don't even care about the political affiliation of this guy. I was merely commenting on the inherent dangers of the right wing media, their propaganda and how it can push people to extremes if they are not all there.

Do you deny that the Right wing MSM preaches hate, ignorance, fear and lies?
edit on 24-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join