It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special forces profiles

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Keep in mind these are just some of the special courses.

1.The two week special operations technician course provides corpsmen going to NSW commands with advanced medical training to diagnose and operate the Hyperbaric Chamber in the treatment of diving related disorders.

2. The SEAL delivery vehicle operators course lasts 10 weeks, it includes instruction in all SDV systems and SOPs and is required before students are permitted to dive and operate SDVs.

3. The SEAl weapons system course is two weeks long and teaches advanced underwater demolition techniques with a focus on equipment and obstacle loading techniques.

4. The SDV electronics maintenance course is eight weeks long and exposes electronic technicians to all the SDV electronic systems, giving them hands on experience in troubleshooting and repair.

link

I guess if some one wanted to they could eventually learn all these skills kinda like cross training, accept a little different seeing that with cross training you train a little in the specialities of all your teammates. But cool either way, can anyone give me some other countries special forces, special courses?

[edit on 9-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This unit is called the
special operations battalion there missions are recon, raids, sabotage attacks and other SF missions. They are a SF group of the Brazilian marines, and number about 500. Since some one else has done this page I'm gona let you guys read from the link. Also I've looked all over the internet and have not found any info on their ops does anybody else here have any info?

[edit on 9-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The navy divers combat capabilites are shipboarding, force swimming, and CQB. There specialities are SAR, and explosive ordance disposal.
link

Since this units profile is so long a let you read all the info on the link. Also does anybody know if this unit helped in the Tsunami disaster? I would think so because of their diving capability also they do search and rescue and their close to the disaster area.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This unit was a confederate unit called
Mosby's Raiders, they were led by Mosby John Singleton. They destroyed communications, stealed supplies, and created havoc for the army of the Potomac. One of their famous exploits was when they captured a union general caught asleep in his bed at Fairfax courthouse.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My 2 cents, I am a vetran, US Army, and a combat vetran to boot, and i was a member of the special ops comunity. I have trained with soilders from Europe, South and Central America, Middle East to include Israel, And some Ex-Rhodesian and South Africans doing contract security work Abroad. And i must say that the US fields the best military overall. I am a graduate of the 3 week French Commando School, the best part of the course was killing live chickens for survival training, the course was a joke. I would hands down take RIP or Ranger Indoctrination Course over the french course. RIP and Ranger School re-inforces the basics, survival in combat is basic and the skills are basic, who needs to repell upside down. Shoot, move, and comunicate. This holds true to all battlefields across the world.

In the past postings some have commented on the Russian Spetnaz, if they are so disciplined why do they desert to become hit men and muscle for Russian orgainized crime. I guess it was all the slapping that caused them to desert.

And the Israelies, why do so many of them end up in South America working for the Drug Cartels.

And the French shooting in the leg, what a joke you shot center mass till the target/Skinny/rebel/terrorist drops and is very sleepy.

After working in special ops the US doesn't seem to be as visable compared to our German, French and Brits and so on counterparts, but trust me our Soilders, Sailors and Airmen carry out mission on a daily basis that never make it to press. Look Closely and the Japanes Ebasssy Seige in Peru, Those were some real big Peruvians, and they acted and moved like Americans, I bet some some of the Boys from Ft, Bragg were away from home when that on Happened.

Hope i don't offend anyone.

Jason

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thats your opinion james and your free to post it and have it , we wont try and change it.
But whether we believe it is something else.

Heres something that BC asked me to work on...
Here is the SAS history..

The history of the SAS dates back to WWII, when Captain David Stirling developed the concept while recuperating from a parachute accident. David Stirling attempted to propose his idea to the CO. The guards at the gate wouldn't let him into the building, so Stirling jumped the fence and proceeded to walk into the office.The SAS was initially created as a desert raiding force to weaken Rommel's North African logistics network as well as hinder aircraft operations

I wont copy out the rest but instead give people a linky..
www.specwarnet.com...

Here is a breif version of the SBS history...

The Special Boat Service was formed originally during World War Two to satisfy the need for maritime special operations.

www.specwarnet.com...
Heres a more detailed version..
www.britains-smallwars.com...
I recomend people to read the book;
"SBS: The Inside Story of the Special Boat Service"
By John Parker.....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

D

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jasestrong
Look Closely and the Japanes Ebasssy Seige in Peru, Those were some real big Peruvians, and they acted and moved like Americans, I bet some some of the Boys from Ft, Bragg were away from home when that on Happened.
Jason

I don't think you can really make assumptions about a force by the way they look or move and act. I don't see how anyone can make that assumption. That's just irrational. Is it because that they pulled off such a successful operation that you feel like the US was invovled?

I am a graduate of the 3 week French Commando School, the best part of the course was killing live chickens for survival training, the course was a joke.

I'm not doubting your skills are training in any way, however, that course sounds like something for maybe regular soldiers to get a slight taste of the real thin. Cause a 3 week cause obviously does not intend to actually "train" you for anything.

And the Israelies, why do so many of them end up in South America working for the Drug Cartels.

I don't know anything about that, any sources or links for that claim?

And the French shooting in the leg, what a joke you shot center mass till the target/Skinny/rebel/terrorist drops and is very sleepy.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say there, but I'm assuming you're saying that shooting at the centre of mass is more effective inkilling. However, I do believe that most SF units today are invovled in more terrorist hunting and other anti-terrorism activities. So if you shoot a terrorist in the centre of mass, he's more likely to die. Shoot them in the leg, lesser to no chance of dying (unless you hit that big vein) and you have someone to interrogate and to get information from about other terrorists and their activities. So personally, for cases like that I'd rather shoot them in the leg. Also if it is a terrorist, killing them may make a martyr of them and just stir up support for their movement.

[edit on 13/4/05 by D]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, yeah they aint special forces but they got the same capabilities as Delta, i just like to include them but i wouldnt say they are the best. they train with Delta in the House of Horrors and able to learn between each other in new tactics and increase cooperation.

i would not say who are the best but SAS has a legendary history since WW2 in its operation. also Delta is based on the SAS and and both sides of the Atlantic likes to increase cooperation and also send their people to see whats new in tactics and weapons and discuss between each other on current world events.

Delta is not consider secretive in a way, since some former Delta members help make the movie Black Hawk Down. what is secret is their operations, yeah they were involved in the failed hostage rescue (only because of bad weather which made the pilot of C130 not see the helo that was in the way in the air, usually if Delta fails in a mission it most likely result on CNN since the enemy tries to show the failure) in Iran, also their use of tactics as well as the number of personnel and who they may be. of course it aint really hard to know what tactics they use since most special forces community in the world is pretty similar, but at least you don't know their names or where they live exactly.

they specializes in anit terrorism and counter terrorism and hostage rescue operations. their training facilities is considered the best in the world and many special forces from around the world come to train with them since some don't have the resources back in their home country to have their own training facilities.

there is also the Navy's DEVGRU former SEAL team Six by Marchinko who commanded the team before his scandal. it is similar to Delta. the reason for the name change from Six to DEVGRU is because the Navy wants to keep it secret and also Marchinko mentions team Six in his books.

o yeah i forgot, Delta can also do other jobs besides counter-terrorism, they do assasinations if ordered just informing yall people

even thought its still secret in some ways, they still have to go to public for recruitment.

www.specialoperations.com...

they can't guaranteed those who want to be a Delta operator since you can't volunteer for Delta, they select you for it, and the training is pretty intense.
[edit on 14-4-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have a question for jasestrong have you ever been to the Belgian Commando training centre? And can you tell us what training exercises you have done with other countries SF units?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is a page full of
SF schools.

This page is about the
JFK special warfare school and center SERE training is taugh here also courses in language, medical training and many other SF skills.

Can you guys give me SF schools of your countries?

[edit on 14-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This has to be one of the coolest
operations in Special ops history this is the only op I know of that actually sunk a ship by attaching explosives to it. This op was in world war II conducted by the Italian Navy Commandos they were also they first to use small subs to transport themselves to the target they were called pigs. They had electric motors and they rode on the top of the mini sub like it was a horse.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
You get smacked in the face if you do anything wrong while training in the spetsnaz.

You get smacked in the FACE?!!! No way!

Well, now I can see why they are so good. If'n you get smacked in the face and all. That's real discipline, there.

Look, there is no way to say that one special operations/special police force is better than the other, especially when you examine the individual operators. All of these men, regardless of who they work for have reached their peak in performance physically and mentally. There is only so much a man can do, and these individuals are doing it whether they're spetsnaz, Delta, SAS, or GSG9.

Every team is going to react as rightly as possible in any given situation, and they may even fail sometimes, but as to who is better than the other, there really is no basis for comparison.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Mud Slining isn't for me.

No, No Belguim Commando Courses for me.

as for my resume that isn't for discussion. I can back up my claims.

The shooting Center mass Issue, yes in the Military and Law Enforcement we are taught to shoot center mass, and if we did shoot anywhere else it wouldn't be a leg, seeing how if you shot the bad guy in the leg he can still shoot you. In that case they have what is called less than Lethal weapons and munitions. I can tell from experince In Somalia we would shoot the Skinnies with our M4's 1 to 3 times and they wouldn't drop, I am glad we weren't shooting those skinnies in the legs, first they are hard to hit when moving and they are really small, twigg like. In my unit we still had some good old M14's and we traded our M4's for them. One shot kills were the norm from then on. I HAVE LIVED UNDER THEN GUN MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE, FROM COMBAT IN THE MILITARY AND FROM SWAT AND UNDERCOVER LAW ENFORCEMENT OPERATIONS I WOULD NEVER SHOT ANYONE IN THE LEG ON PURPOSE, NOW ACCIDENTLY I COULD SEE IT AND HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN.

As for support from the web, well if you believe everything you read on the web, then oh well. Mercanaries from all over the world good and bad work where the money is , and the Israelies just ended up in Columbia, do some reserch they killed an American soilder in Panama in 1992 working for the Fat Boy, Pablo, Delta Got him too.

As for an Operator's movement, i have seen Delta in training and in operation. I have even lived in the same AO as Delta on Deployments, #, showered, shaved, eaten and partied together. I have Ridden on the same Helicopters that Delta Uses, The NightStalkers from Ft. Campbell. I worked out with Delta operators at Callahan Fitness Center, I have ridden dirt bikes with them at the Spider pit, And I have been out past Mckellars's lodge where the unit is housed. Delta is no secret if you have been to Bragg. American operators just have a movement all to there own, it is hard to explain but anyone from the comunity could understand what i am saying. I am not Delta, nor will i ever claim to. I just wasn't good enough. And i have some good scores on PT 285, 12 mile road march consistaly at 2 hours 30 minutes, Great at land nav, Expert on all weapon systems from th M9, M11, M4, M16A2, M1200, M60 in the day, M249, MK19, Fifty, LAW, AT4, M14, M21, Graduate from Airborne, Air Assault, RIP, Pre Ranger, Ranger, Jungle Operations in the day when it was still open at Ft. Sherman, SER, Marksman And Observer, and i wasn't good enough to make it to SF or Delta , and i tried SF selection at Camp McCall, passed but not selected. not even close to Delta's selection from what i heard.

To sum it all up, in my opinion Delta and the Navy, Marine, and Airforce units that support it are the best in the world

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Whatever you heard has to be pure rumor, as everything about Delta is classified. All that is known about them is that they are the elite of the elite.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, yeah they aint special forces but they got the same capabilities as Delta, i just like to include them but i wouldnt say they are the best. they train with Delta in the House of Horrors and able to learn between each other in new tactics and increase cooperation.

i would not say who are the best but SAS has a legendary history since WW2 in its operation. also Delta is based on the SAS and and both sides of the Atlantic likes to increase cooperation and also send their people to see whats new in tactics and weapons and discuss between each other on current world events.

Delta is not consider secretive in a way, since some former Delta members help make the movie Black Hawk Down. what is secret is their operations, yeah they were involved in the failed hostage rescue (only because of bad weather which made the pilot of C130 not see the helo that was in the way in the air, usually if Delta fails in a mission it most likely result on CNN since the enemy tries to show the failure) in Iran, also their use of tactics as well as the number of personnel and who they may be. of course it aint really hard to know what tactics they use since most special forces community in the world is pretty similar, but at least you don't know their names or where they live exactly.

they specializes in anit terrorism and counter terrorism and hostage rescue operations. their training facilities is considered the best in the world and many special forces from around the world come to train with them since some don't have the resources back in their home country to have their own training facilities.

there is also the Navy's DEVGRU former SEAL team Six by Marchinko who commanded the team before his scandal. it is similar to Delta. the reason for the name change from Six to DEVGRU is because the Navy wants to keep it secret and also Marchinko mentions team Six in his books.

o yeah i forgot, Delta can also do other jobs besides counter-terrorism, they do assasinations if ordered just informing yall people

even thought its still secret in some ways, they still have to go to public for recruitment.

they can't guaranteed those who want to be a Delta operator since you can't volunteer for Delta, they select you for it, and the training is pretty intense.

Delta is NOT public; their training, how they train, the missions they do, etc...are all completely classified. The Special Forces are more open in that (and they themselves are considered the elite of the elite as well).

It is BELIEVED Delta is used in counter-terrorism and that type of stuff. But the only people who know how Delta trains and what they do is Delta.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068

Originally posted by deltaboy

Delta is NOT public; their training, how they train, the missions they do, etc...are all completely classified. The Special Forces are more open in that (and they themselves are considered the elite of the elite as well).

It is BELIEVED Delta is used in counter-terrorism and that type of stuff. But the only people who know how Delta trains and what they do is Delta.

Delta may not be public but their former members are. even the creator of Delta wrote a book about it. another member talks about his experience about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Believe what you want to man

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is the link to the book that colonel Charlie Beckwith Wrote, I strongly recommend the book! It has a lot of details on how he created it, even if a lot of the details on their training and operations are secret.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here is a profile of
seal team six/devgru, seal team six's mission was maritime counter-terrorism. Then they changed it to devgru which develops naval special warfare tactics, equipment and techniques. Of course I think the unit does maritime counter-terrorism just like six did.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was wondering if anybody here reads special ops journal and if you do what do you think of it? It looks pretty expensive but if it has a lot of info on SF units I would be very intrested in getting it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join