It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

special forces profiles

page: 10
0
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   




posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Special forces commandos main missions are direct action assaults, sea, air,and land ops, intel gathering, special reconnaisance, CT, CSAR, foreign international defense, and it can also act as a quick reaction force.
Also here they operated in East Timor, and Iraq, in east timor there primary missions were lengthy recon missions. They were deployed to the solomons to help quell a upsure in violence by rebel groups. The agitators were quickly caught and little blood was shed. In Iraq there main missions were in CSAR, asset protection, and quick reaction forces roles. Probablly there most notable op was when then helped the Austrailan SAS to find a well hiden airfield which turned out to house nearly all of the Iraqi aircraft still capable of flying.


special forces commandos



I'll I got to say is wow if we keep on using special forces aggresively to search houses and to root out the insurgents Iraq will be on its way to a secure and occupation free future. That is of course in my opinion.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by blue cell]



posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Some of their missions are scouting, recon, interception escort,and protection. There trained in martial arts, hand to hand combat, swimming, survival in woods, mountains, lowlands,and swamps.

geocities.com...

In addition to this the unit has been offered to NATO as a rapid deployment force, and may soon operate in Iraq, or Southeast Asia. This unit is simliar in mission to navy seals, or force recon.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Their missions are long range reconnaissance, sea, air, and land operations. Intel gathering and interogation, combat diving, unconventional warfare, and military training and foreign international defense. Their training lasts about 13 weeks, here is some of the stuff they have to do. Run 14.4 km in 90 minutes, run 32 km in 5 hours. Sometimes there will be unexpected tests like the traine will have 3 hours of sleep and then be woken up to go on a 5 km run, were a truck will be waiting then the truck drives off and there told to run another 5 km. And sometimes the truck will only be a kilometer away, they do this to test to see if the recruit has perserverance and really wants to be a Aussi SAS trooper.
ausspecialforces.com...


My take on this is the whole training regime is kinda as intense as hell week accept 13 weeks, that is why the trainig period is so short.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In Vietnam the Australian SAS did long jungle patrols, they also from what I'm interpereting from this article did quick snatches in which they captured NVA, VC, and got inntelligence out of them. One of I think was on of the best special forces units mixes of the war was when they operated with the SEAL's and other American special forces. In the vietnam war only 2 died from enemy contact, and 4 died from accidents. One of the recent missions they were doing is hunting Al Qaeda in the afghan mountains.


australian special forces history



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
In Vietnam the Australian SAS did long jungle patrols, they also from what I'm interpereting from this article did quick snatches in which they captured NVA, VC, and got inntelligence out of them. One of I think was on of the best special forces units mixes of the war was when they operated with the SEAL's and other American special forces. In the vietnam war only 2 died from enemy contact, and 4 died from accidents.


There is an author named Gayle Rivers who wrote a book called The Five Fingers which features a multi-national team in Vietnam (rather an illegal hit mission in Laos). Gayle Rivers is in the book as second-in-command and was suppose to be in the Australian SAS.

It's an excellent read IF you can find it. Worth every penny. Just look at the reviews at the link above.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is this a post of "My Special Forces can beat your Special Forces up?"



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by blue cell
In Vietnam the Australian SAS did long jungle patrols, they also from what I'm interpereting from this article did quick snatches in which they captured NVA, VC, and got inntelligence out of them. One of I think was on of the best special forces units mixes of the war was when they operated with the SEAL's and other American special forces. In the vietnam war only 2 died from enemy contact, and 4 died from accidents.


There is an author named Gayle Rivers who wrote a book called The Five Fingers which features a multi-national team in Vietnam (rather an illegal hit mission in Laos). Gayle Rivers is in the book as second-in-command and was suppose to be in the Australian SAS.

It's an excellent read IF you can find it. Worth every penny. Just look at the reviews at the link above.


Wow that book looks awesome man, I'll definetly get once I get the dough thanks for telling me about it. Also I remember you saying that you and Richard Marcinko were friends in the thread about red cell, how exactly did ya know him?



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
Is this a post of "My Special Forces can beat your Special Forces up?"


Nope, its just a lot of info on special forces like their history, training, etc.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good, because now I may be interested.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
Good, because now I may be interested.


Well if ya have some info I or no one else has posted I'd be glad to hear it man!



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It may be covered, but how elite do you personally think the Army Rangers are?



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
It may be covered, but how elite do you personally think the Army Rangers are?


I think there pretty elite, I mean there history shows their very good at airport takedowns, and stuff like that my opinion is that there like elite infantry. Kinda like the marines accept there a smaller unit so they use small unit tactics.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Have you, or do you plan on going in to Special Forces/ Operations?
If so, what were you in, or what would you like to join?



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
Have you, or do you plan on going in to Special Forces/ Operations?
If so, what were you in, or what would you like to join?


Um maybe, right know I'm really not that strong I have okay endurance in running but not even close to what I would need. But if I was in a unit it would be The US Navy SEALs. Also if you have anymore questions like this U2 me, because this is a discussion about special forces history, training, etc.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Wow that book looks awesome man, I'll definetly get once I get the dough thanks for telling me about it. Also I remember you saying that you and Richard Marcinko were friends in the thread about red cell, how exactly did ya know him?


It is awesome...trust me.


As for Marcinko, I wouldn't say we're friends (I'm pretty sure I never said that - lol) but I have met him a few times. The last time was for a book signing I went to. The beauty is that myself and about 4 wannabes showed up. He pretty much blasted them and then I got to spend a few hours chatting, etc.

Then we went and snagged a beer (or two).



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander


It is awesome...trust me.


As for Marcinko, I wouldn't say we're friends (I'm pretty sure I never said that - lol) but I have met him a few times. The last time was for a book signing I went to. The beauty is that myself and about 4 wannabes showed up. He pretty much blasted them and then I got to spend a few hours chatting, etc.

Then we went and snagged a beer (or two).


Wow thats exactly what he's like in his books so far I've read rogue warrior, red cell, green team, task force blue, designation gold, and seal force alpha, oh yeah and the real team.



posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Wow thats exactly what he's like in his books so far I've read rogue warrior, red cell, green team, task force blue, designation gold, and seal force alpha, oh yeah and the real team.


Oh yeah, he is just like that.


Like I said, I met him a few times. I have all of those books (most signed) and have some photos with him. He is the real deal, no question.

So, while I am not in the military...I do still understand the mentality, tactics, etc very well. I think because it is very similar to a martial art philosophy in many ways, which many people just don't get either. Some of those wannabees pulled out knives for him to sign and almost got killed in addition to looking like fools.

Was pretty funny!



posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I've read a few of Marcinko's non fiction books. I find some of the stuff he has written hard to believe though and the complete lack of military discipline sometimes. Anyway, just made me wonder if he was confusing his fictional Rogue Warrior series with real life.



posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Perhaps one of the best sources for information on the various Special Forces units (of the free world, anyway) can be found on

www.specialoperations.com...


PS., blue cell, I'm plesantly surprised to see a photo of Indian Marine Commandos fastroping from an Indian Naval Sea King in the pic under your name



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join