It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special forces profiles

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I looked over 8 whole pages of unadulterated *BS*

There is one special forces group that is WIDELY respected around the GLOBE as being the MOST elite and most Highly trained bar NONE, these guys are practically doctors and can save you or kill you, what I find the most amusing is none of you have even MENTIONED them....So with respect to your own fantasies, I'll not call them by name... get off your butts and serve your countries...you might learn something.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is
Spain's counter-terrorist unit, there called the GEO or special group of operations. The GEO is Spain's official counter-terrorist unit, they have trained with the SAS, and Delta Force. There training is is conducted with live ammunition so that all the sensations and dangers are felt inevery day training. The operators often train at assaulting potential terrorist targets, Trains, Airplanes, Buses, etc. This unit has been used in a number of CT operations, and has freed two terrorist held banks, and three prison riots have been put down. Wow all I have to say is this unit is pretty good, I would put it close to as good as the SAS in counterterrorism, and hostage rescue ops. What do you guys think of this unit?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
I looked over 8 whole pages of unadulterated *BS*

There is one special forces group that is WIDELY respected around the GLOBE as being the MOST elite and most Highly trained bar NONE, these guys are practically doctors and can save you or kill you, what I find the most amusing is none of you have even MENTIONED them....So with respect to your own fantasies, I'll not call them by name... get off your butts and serve your countries...you might learn something.

What unit are you talking about? I know tons of Spec Op units but I'm not doing everyone in this thread. I'm thinking your thinking of the rangers if not who are you thinking of?

[edit on 21-4-2005 by blue cell]

[edit on 21-4-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Malta's maritime squadron rapid deployment team or
MSRDT, carries out narcotics interdiction, contraband seizure, and illegal migration of people to Malta. They can also carry out maritime hostage rescue, and other Maritime operations. They train in small arms shooting, CQB, abseiling and and fast roping. They can be deployed by helicopters, or RHIBs or rigid hull inflatable boats. This unit also trains with Italy's special forces probably COMSUBIN since that is Italy's Navy Commando unit. What do you guys think of this unit? Please reply you guys hardly ever do

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
NEST
[url=http://milnet.com/nest.htm]nuclear emergency search team's/url] mission is to seek out or defuse, or as safetly as possible destroy nuclear material or weapons. Here are some of the tools they use powerfull (presumably portable) XRAY machines, robotic carts with arms , video cameras, etc. Sensive passive heat detectors (decaying nuclear material gives of more heat than detectable high energy particles. I think do to the possible proliferation of nuclear materials or weapons this unit is a good unit to have just in case a nuclear crisis emerges.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was wondering if you guys know any special forces exercises, by that I mean scenerio's were there is an OPFOR and there is a specific mission the opposing team has to do. Kinda like with the national training center, accept its unconventional warfare.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This link is about the
son tay raid but I'll give you some basic info. "on November 20-21, 1970, a joint force composed of USAF Special Operations and rescue personnel, and US Army Special Forces, supported by US. Navy carrier task force 77, made a daring raid on the Son Tay prison camp located less than 30 miles from Hanoi. The mission was to rescue 100 US captives though to be held their (mostly airmen shot down if I remembeer right). Well I'll let you read rest of the link, instresting stuff, also here was some one intresting involved in the raid Bull Simons. Hell of a warrior I think also I think Richard Marcinko mentioned he was a real warrior.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell

Can you guys give me SF schools of your countries?

[edit on 14-4-2005 by blue cell]

Well since you guys didn't do any I found a british infantry school that trains infantry in jungle warfare its called the
jungle warfare centre. Its mission is to provide infantry with a jungle warfare training facility so they can get be good in jungle warfare in least that's how I see it. Well enjoy the read!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ivy Bells was a cold war mission that involved tapping a underwater cable that ran from Vladivostok, and Petropavlovsk. They used SSNs to transport navy divers to the underwater cable the navy divers swam out of the sub carrying a water proof wrap-around listening device that could eavsdrop and record all the communications passing through the line. Very intresting read guys?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Indian Special Forces(NSG) operations :

• 30 April 1986: NSG commandos storm the Golden Temple in Operation Black Thunder I. No casualties on either side and no weapons are found.

• 12 May 1988: 1000 NSG commandos surround the Golden Temple for yet an other assault in Operation Black Thunder II. Sniper teams armed with Heckler & Koch PSG-1 rifles with night scope took up positions, including atop a 300-foot water tower. While commandos from the 51 SAG divided into assault squadrons, the SRG were used to seal off the area around the temple and for tactical support. On May 15th, the NSG began its attack. Machine gun fire and rockets were used to cut holes in the temple's minarets, followed by teargas canisters. Once it was determined that the towers had been abandoned, the SAG used explosives to break holes into the temple basement. By May 18th, all militants had surrendered at the cost of only two wounded Black Cats. In mid-1990 an NSG battalion was again deployed to Punjab to confront the Sikh rioters. There they began training the Punjab Police in counter-terrorism.

• 24-25 April 1994: NSG Commandos storm a hijacked Indian Airlines Boeing 737 with 141 passengers onboard at Amritsar airport during Operation Ashwamedh. The hijacker, Mohammed Yousuf Shah, is killed before he can react and no hostages are harmed.

• October 1998: As part of the implementation of the Union Home Ministry's decision to conduct pro-active strikes against militants, commando teams supported by IAF Mi-25/35 helicopter gun-ships began striking at terrorist groups deep inside the mountains and forests of Kashmir. After helicopter recces were conducted to pinpoint the militants, the commandos - comprising NSG and Rashtriya Rifles personnel - were para-dropped, along with supplies, into the area to hunt the militants. They had to rely on these supplies and their ability to live off the land until replenishment every fortnight or so. The operations were said to be highly successful although precise details are not being released in order to maintain a low profile. These missions are reportedly still ongoing.

• 15 July 1999: NSG commandos end a 30-hour standoff by killing 2 terrorists and rescuing all 12 hostages unharmed. The terrorists had attacked a BSF campus, killed 3 officers and the wife of an other. The 12 hostages were kept locked in a room. The NSG arrived the previous evening and positioned themselves around the apartment complex. At one point two militants tried to crawl out and one was shot dead. The other managed to crawl back. Finally at around 5:00 in the morning the NSG assaulted the apartment. The terrorists managed to move to another room, allowing the NSG to release all 12 hostages. At around 8:00 a.m., a 84mm rocket was fired into the roof of the room, collapsing it and killing one militant.

• 21 August 1999: After interrogating three captured terrorists, the Delhi Police Crime branch confirmed that two more terrorists were hiding in a one-storied house in Rudrapur, Uttar Pradesh. Since the terrorists were considered armed and dangerous (their colleagues were arrested with 100+ pounds of RDX), the Delhi Police decided to seek assistance from the NSG. A 16-man team arrived at the house at 4:45 a.m. They began their assault at 5:30 a.m., before first light. The first militant managed to fire at the commandos with a pistol he kept by his bed side, but was killed an instant later. The second terrorist was shot before he had a chance to fire and died 40 minutes later. No NSG personnel were injured in the operation.

• December 1999: Terrorists hijack Indian Airlines flight IC814 from Nepal, and land in Amritsar, Punjab. Within minutes of landing the Crisis Management Group (CMG), which authorizes the use of the NSG, is informed. But the CMG wastes precious hours and by the time the go-ahead is issued, it is too late. On the other hand, the NSG team on alert was elsewhere and no other team was raised during the delay. By the time the NSG reached Amritsar airport the hijackers became restless and ordered the plane to takeoff. Here too the NSG missed their opportunity by not blocking the runway or shooting out the planes tires. The plane lands in Kandahar, Afganisthan where one hostage is killed. Finally the Indian government agrees to the terrorists demands to release 3 jailed terrorists. The hostages are released and the terrorists escape to Pakistan.

• February 2000: Following the Flight IC814 fiasco, the Indian Government decided to implement an Air Marshal program. At least two NSG operators will be present on flights over select routes. These operators will be armed with weapons firing lethal but low-velocity fragmentation rounds to minimize danger to the passengers and prevent penetration of the aircraft. Another decision taken after the Flight IC814 fiasco, was to deploy NSG teams permanently at eight sensitive airports around the country, especially those bordering Pakistan and the North East. This decision will cut short reaction times for the NSG and eliminate hassles involved in flying the teams to the hijack site.

• Ongoing: The NSG is used extensively to guard VIPs and VVIPs, especially those in the 'Z-plus' category. Many NSG personnel are seconded to the Special Protection Group (SPG) which guards the Prime Minister. However, the use of NSG for VIP protection has spiralled out of control recently. More than 19 persons currently enjoy NSG protection, mainly as a status symbol. The Home Minister has clamped down on this misuse and is currently phasing out the use of the NSG for VIP protection in all but the most serious cases (Z-plus category). From now on, NSG coverage will be provided based on a persons threat perception rather than status. This move has freed up a large number of operators for other missions. The NSG is also in demand as security consultants and are known to be active in the Middle East.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

• February 2000: Following the Flight IC814 fiasco, the Indian Government decided to implement an Air Marshal program. At least two NSG operators will be present on flights over select routes. These operators will be armed with weapons firing lethal but low-velocity fragmentation rounds to minimize danger to the passengers and prevent penetration of the aircraft. Another decision taken after the Flight IC814 fiasco, was to deploy NSG teams permanently at eight sensitive airports around the country, especially those bordering Pakistan and the North East. This decision will cut short reaction times for the NSG and eliminate hassles involved in flying the teams to the hijack site.

Nice info Steath Spy, I hear that the US might be putting delta force operators on commerical jets I while back. But they do seem like a very quick response unit, I would put them up their with the SAS

Oh yeah were did you get that info I never seen something that comprehensive on the unit missions?
[edit on 18-5-2005 by blue cell]

[edit on 18-5-2005 by blue cell]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

[Oh yeah were did you get that info I never seen something that comprehensive on the unit missions?

here

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
• October 1988, Operation Pawan: The IMSF saw action in SriLanka as part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) during Operation Pawan in 1987. The unit was attached to the 340th Independent Brigade whose task was amphibious missions. The IMSF provided beach reconnaissance for the amphibious landing. It also provided security patrols along the costal road west of Jaffna. On 21 October 1988, the IMSF conducted a successful raid against a coastal LTTE base. The IMSF also helped capture the Jaffna and Trincomalee harbors from the LTTE.

• November 1988, Operation Cactus: The IMSF took part in Operation Cactus in which Indian troops thwarted a coup attempt in the islands of Maldives. When the islands were liberated, a ship containing 46 mercenaries and 27 hostages (including the Maldivian Education Minister) escaped. The next day the ship was spotted by Indian maritime reconnaissance aircraft. IMSF operators fast-roped on the ship from helicopters and took control without any resistance.

• Ongoing: The MCF has also been very active in Kashmir as part of Counter-Terrorist efforts. Their main task is to control the infiltration of terrorists from Pakistan to Kashmir through Jhelum River and Wullar, a 65 sq. km freshwater lake. Clad in wet suits or BDUs and riding on inflatable raiding craft, they interdict arms supplies and fresh militants who are crossing over. Some MCF personnel have been seconded to army special forces units conducting CT operations in the area. MCF operators also operate similar to Israeli Mistaravim units by sporting beards and local dress, making them indistinguishable from the locals.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

[Oh yeah were did you get that info I never seen something that comprehensive on the unit missions?

here

Wow I know that exact page I knew some of the stuff you got was from their but I don't remember reading all that wow thats weird!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
check out this link on pakistani special forces, perhaps the worst in the world :

Link

This site is a must visit : www.geocities.com...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Chinese special forces : link

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Link

Well I like how they did the op in the link above, the other site looks more like propaganda.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
pakistani special forces.

www.specialoperations.com...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
pakistani special forces.

www.specialoperations.com...

I kinda all ready gave the link on another page in this thread, but thats okay in least they can see what there really like, without having to go back a couple pages.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by blue cell]

[edit on 20-5-2005 by blue cell]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Operation laser was a counter-narcotics operation in South America that involved air, naval, riverine and ground operations. This link will answer your questions and its way to long for me to copy so I'll just let you read it off the website.

Operation Laser Strike Briefing

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join