It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS, nobody is BANNING the flag.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: neo96

Federal cemeteries are STILL state owned and managed. The Federal government has EVERY right to ban them there. It's the same arguments as removing it from the state house. Seriously, for champions of individual rights, it certainly would help you guys to learn what the difference between private and public ownership is...

So banning is okay in some places, just not others.

M'kay.

Public versus private ownership. Go look it up.

All you had to say was that you were for banning, then provide a caveat. See?

So you are for banning (but only in certain places).

And I did give an example, even provided a name.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Federal cemeteries are STILL state owned and managed. The Federal government has EVERY right to ban them there. It's the same arguments as removing it from the state house. Seriously, for champions of individual rights, it certainly would help you guys to learn what the difference between private and public ownership is...

So banning is okay in some places, just not others.

M'kay.

Public versus private ownership. Go look it up.

All you had to say was that you were for banning, then provide a caveat. See?

So you are for banning (but only in certain places).

And I did give an example, even provided a name.

Still deflecting from answering my question I see.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

Public.

So you are for banning of confederate flags in public places, just not private places.

You know, keep that stuff hidden, kind of places.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And you are for banning of the flag.

Just based on location, location, location.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The confederacy isn't viewed as a country. It never was (except maybe by the people in the Confederacy). Plus the Confederate flag isn't the real Confederate Flag anyways. The one you are familiar with is just a battle flag. So that isn't even the REAL flag that would have to be flown if we were under some strange pretext to honor the Confederacy as a separate country. Nice try there, but your knowledge of history is severely lacking if you think that was true.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The government of the people has every right to debate about what goes or doesn't go on lands owned by the people. How much are you willing to cede of our voice over the government? Removal from public grounds is not a threat to free speech.

link   

And you are for banning of the flag.

Just based on location, location, location.

Still can't answer the question then huh? I knew you didn't have an answer for it. Just more useless rhetoric. Kind of like the rhetoric you are using now. You still can't understand the difference between public and private ownership. Because if you did, you'd realize that my support is irrelevant for or against this issue since the government has always been able to determine what can and can't be displayed on their property. But hey keep trying to twist my words into saying more than they are. It's always fun arguing with someone who can't do anything but use strawmans... /sarc

link   

originally posted by: introvert

That's what I was afraid of.

And that's why I believe that people just like yourself would support a ban.

Quite the opposite. I would not support a ban, but believe someone such as yourself would support the suppression of freedoms in other cases because you have a different definition of freedom than I do.

I believe freedom means just that. To be free. I worry how you define it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The government of the people has every right to debate about what goes or doesn't go on lands owned by the people. How much are you willing to cede of our voice over the government? Removal from public grounds is not a threat to free speech.

Hey, you want to justify it, I won't argue with you. Ban it!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You are for banning the flag on public property.

What's so hard to figure out.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'M not doing anything. I didn't even tell you if I support it or not. You just assumed for me. I'm just trying to get you to see the difference between public and private ownership.

I'm having trouble why it is so hard for you to answer a simple question, I guess we both have issues with the other person then, huh?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I been trying to figure this out.

The Nazi flag was a bigger symbol of racism, and hatred but doesn't generate the traffic the confederate flag does.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I been trying to figure this out.

The Nazi flag was a bigger symbol of racism, and hatred but doesn't generate the traffic the confederate flag does.

Because no one is trying to display the Nazi flag on public, government owned buildings. DUH!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Oh stop being ridiculous. The government nor the people it is of, have no obligation to maintain Confederate burial sites, let alone buy their flags and pay people to place them at their headstones. Such a practice has nothing to do with free speech. If private groups wish to take on that role the US government should hold no objection.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Oh stop being ridiculous. The government nor the people it is of, have no obligation to maintain Confederate burial sites, let alone buy their flags and pay people to place them at their headstones. Such a practice has nothing to do with free speech. If private groups wish to take on that role the US government should hold no objection.

Do you ever get the feeling that you are arguing with someone who is carrying on a 100% different argument than you are? Because I am certainly getting that feeling.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They're only interested in banning the flag on public property.

You can still have it on private property.

And they say I'm being a conspiratorial nutter by thinking that they're doing this incrimentally.

link   
a reply to: network dude

Now this is just ridiculous now...

First the Confederate battle flag was lowered from the State House grounds Friday. Hours later state maintenance crews removed the flag pole and the iron fence surrounding it.

Monday morning, crews were back at the site where the flag flew near the Confederate Memorial to remove the concrete slab that once supported the flag pole.

www.wistv.com...

That flag should have never been removed from a civil war memorial as that is part of history whether some agree with it or not.

link   

Are you for or against banning the flag on public property?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Do you ever get the feeling that you are arguing with someone who is carrying on a 100% different argument than you are? Because I am certainly getting that feeling.

It's called skirting the issue and going in circles because they have realized they painted themselves in to a corner. All the rhetoric and talking points have not done them a bit of good.

Did you also notice that two members posted the same piece one after another in an attempt to drive home a point? That stood out to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The government nor the people it is of, have no obligation to maintain Confederate burial sites, let alone buy their flags and pay people to place them at their headstones.

Although they may not have to buy the flags are they going to stop from having them placed there if it is a government maintained civil war burial site?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join