It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS, nobody is BANNING the flag.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What politician supports banning any flag? For one thing I don't think any politician would be stupid enough... er let me rephrase, the only politicians stupid enough are all for hate anyway so they wouldn't call for the flag bans. No one near my side of the aisle would be so stupid as to challenge the 1st Amendment and before you puff out, remember my side of the aisle is barely in the building.

But if any politician were that stupid then no. That politician becomes a threat to a sacred right.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Though I may support a politician who supports a ban because he stands for other issues I agree with and the choices between politicians are limited.

And this is why I think there are many of you who would support a flag banning.

It's not rocket science.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: neo96

I don't care, because that wasn't a proper answer to my question. In fact it was the exact opposite of what I was asking.

Should care the guy was a Senator, and a big time RACIST.

Or does 'caring' only extend to flags.

I only care about the answer to the question I asked, not the political affiliation of some racist senator who wouldn't support the ban. The question was specific. Name ONE politician in support of banning that flag. Everything else you answer with is just a red herring, though I see you are really good at those. Maybe because you know there isn't an answer to my question?

link   

None of those things have anything to do with the Civil War.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Though I may support a politician who supports a ban because he stands for other issues I agree with and the choices between politicians are limited.

And this is why I think there are many of you who would support a flag banning.

It's not rocket science.

Hey! That's not fair. You didn't answer my question. Also, you are JUST as guilty of supporting candidates who support bans. How many candidates did you support that also supported gay marriage bans? So stop with the profiling and answer my question.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes you are right, I knew also that the flag has not been banned just take out in some public buildings.

Here in the south in GA my neck of the goods the flag is still hanging high and people still displaying it where they feel like it, nobody cares, is more important things at hand, that fighting for a flag.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with the topic. Dixiecrats were Conservative though... read something once in a while.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican-controlled House scrapped a vote on permitting the Confederate flag at Park Service-run cemeteries on Thursday, a retreat under fire that only escalated a ferocious attack by Democrats complaining the banner celebrates a murderous, racist past.

news.yahoo.com...

The ban won't take place all at once. The supporters of the ban will have to make incremental moves. Like banning the flag at cemetaries, next. Then if anyone still does support the "freedom" to have the flag, they will be accused of racism.

"What exactly is the tradition of the Confederate battle flag that we're supporting?" Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y. demanded as racial political tensions flared — ironically enough, on the day the same banner was losing its place of honor on the grounds outside the South Carolina Capitol.

"Is it slavery, rape, kidnap, treason, genocide or all of the above?" he asked.

No Republican rose to respond, although some officials privately charged that Democrats had falsely accused GOP lawmakers of racism. They noted the proposal would merely have written Obama administration policy into law

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To all the nay sayers.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Republican-controlled House scrapped a vote on permitting the Confederate flag at Park Service-run cemeteries on Thursday, a retreat under fire that only escalated a ferocious attack by Democrats complaining the banner celebrates a murderous, racist past.

news.yahoo.com...

That right there is some politicians that support banning the flag.

Heres some more:

Governor Jerry Brown signed legislation last year prohibiting state agencies from selling or displaying items bearing the flag. (August 21, 201

www.esquire.com...

Good ole California!

What freedom loving people they are.

The proposal by Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif., added language to block the Park Service from allowing private groups to decorate the graves of Southern soldiers with Confederate flags in states that commemorate Confederate Memorial Day. The cemeteries affected are the Andersonville and Vicksburg cemeteries in Georgia and Mississippi.

wtop.com...

How many more yall want ?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That isn't answer to the question I asked. That is just a slippery slope fallacy. And this is why I think you are just full of unverified rhetoric, Beezer. Because you spew a bunch of nonsense then fall back on fallacies when questioned.
edit on 13-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So is supporting a banning of the flag the same as being against marriage of LGBT folks?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So is supporting a banning of the flag the same as being against marriage of LGBT folks?

NO NO! It is your turn to answer the question I asked instead of asking a different question.

But for the record, yes. They are both 1st amendment issues. One is about banning a symbol because it is icky and the other is about banning an action because it is icky. The arguments for or against them are irrelevant. At the end of the day they are both about bans that violate the 1st amendment.
edit on 13-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

“I strongly oppose the inclusion of this amendment, which was slipped into the bill in the dead of night with no debate,” he said in a statement. “Congress cannot simply rewrite history and strip the Confederate flag from existence. Members of Congress from New York and California cannot wipe away 150 years of Southern history with sleight-of-hand tactics.”

wtop.com...

They can surely try.

But they can not.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Then you're a supporter of church rights?

I'm shocked!

I thought you hated Christianity!

Well color me surprised!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Federal cemeteries are STILL state owned and managed. The Federal government has EVERY right to ban them there. It's the same arguments as removing it from the state house. Seriously, for champions of individual rights, it certainly would help you guys to learn what the difference between private and public ownership is...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Federal cemeteries are STILL state owned and managed. The Federal government has EVERY right to ban them there. It's the same arguments as removing it from the state house. Seriously, for champions of individual rights, it certainly would help you guys to learn what the difference between private and public ownership is...

So banning is okay in some places, just not others.

M'kay.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Then you're a supporter of church rights?

I'm shocked!

I thought you hated Christianity!

Well color me surprised!

Now you are purposely being obtuse and misunderstanding me so you can avoid answering my question. Come on Beez. It's a simple question. Just answer it already. Can you name a politician who supports banning the Confederate flag?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So banning is okay in some places, just not others.

M'kay.

Public versus private ownership. Go look it up.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Public.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No they don't.

Those soldiers who fought and died, and are buried there have their FULL military rights.

That are extended everywhere else in the world where Americans are buried.

The confederacy was their country they fought, and died for it.

Doesn't matter on damn bit what people think today.
edit on 13-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join