It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS, nobody is BANNING the flag.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Conspiratorial nonsense. There may be a few knuckleheads that want to ban the flag but even those of us on the left will stand with the rest of the country to stop it in it's tracks.

Add to that the fact that the SCOTUS has already set precedence and we have even less reason to worry.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
It makes it a lot easier for the rest of us to identify, recognize and/or avoid your racist asses.

Exactly this

People right now might think they're supporting some historical tradition by brandishing that flag about their person, but all they're really doing is exposing their inherent racism.

Let's make something clear here... if someone is now buying that flag to "prove a point", the only "point" they are proving is that they are a racist. They are now deliberately choosing to display a symbol they know is seen as a bigoted, racist symbol, because they know that it's a symbol of ignorant racism.

This is nothing more than a great "outing" of closet racists all over the South.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Conspiratorial nonsense. There may be a few knuckleheads that want to ban the flag but even those of us on the left will stand with the rest of the country to stop it in it's tracks.

I have serious doubts that you would stand with the rest of the country. I've said it before. Apologies if it hurts your feelings but I doubt that there'd be many who would.

Add to that the fact that the SCOTUS has already set precedence and we have even less reason to worry.

SCOTUS is about as relevent as a bucket of warm spit. They have an agenda the same as every other branch of government.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I politely disagree. Personally, I know people that fly the flag and it's not because they are racists. That flag has also come to represent a people's pride in heritage and a way of southern living.

I do not automatically assume someone sporting the flag is a racist. I assume they have pride in a culture and wait to talk to them before I decide they are bigots.

The problem is that humans are too attached to symbols. The confederate flag is no different that placing a nascar sticker on your bumper, or wearing a jersey of your favorite ball team. People like to have symbols so that they can create a more complex identity and be a part of something.

Personally, I think symbols are for the weak-minded, but that's just my opinion.
edit on 13-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

This is nothing more than a great "outing" of closet racists all over the South.

Hell Yea! Because racism only exists in the south.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have serious doubts that you would stand with the rest of the country. I've said it before. Apologies if it hurts your feelings but I doubt that there'd be many who would.

You're welcome to have your doubts. I don't want to see anything banned and I am very vocal on letting people be free. I would help defend those freedoms, whether your negative disposition wants to believe it or not.

SCOTUS is about as relevent as a bucket of warm spit. They have an agenda the same as every other branch of government.

I've heard that quite a bit lately. That's humorous. People are complaining that people are trying to take away their freedom by banning a flag, and then complain about the supreme court because they ruled in favor of freedom.

What do you want sir/mamm? Do you want freedom for all, or freedom for only those that fit your belief system?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So you have agreed with every Supreme Court ruling?

Apologies.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Irrelevant. The latest backlash against the SCOTUS is because they ruled in favor of gay marriage (aka freedom) and now people are complaining that the SCOTUS is a joke, has an agenda....blah blah.

I was asking you if you believe in freedom? Do you? Do you believe that in order for you to be free that others need to have their freedoms?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Irrelevant. The latest backlash against the SCOTUS is because they ruled in favor of gay marriage (aka freedom) and now people are complaining that the SCOTUS is a joke, has an agenda....blah blah.

I was asking you if you believe in freedom? Do you? Do you believe that in order for you to be free that others need to have their freedoms?

Not irrelevant.

Do you agree with every Supreme Court ruling?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Not irrelevant.

Yes it is. I asked if you, personally, believe in freedom. Do you believe people should be free even if you don't like what they do with it?

Do you agree with every Supreme Court ruling?

No, I don't. I also disagree with the way some people live their lives. Thanks god the supreme court is there to sort out the in and outs and decide what is best according to the constitution.

Otherwise there would be no freedom whatsoever.

By the way, you still wont answer the question. Do you believe in freedom even if you disagree with what they do with it?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It only takes a simple 'majority'.

To ban something a simple 'minority' does.

Mob RULE!!!!!

Which has the intelligence of a rock.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My opinion on the most recent Supreme Court ruling is on record here. I happened to agree with it.

But you yourself just stated that you do not agree with every ruling and you've even stated how you disagreed with how people live their lives.

This is the exact type of mindset that'll accept any justification of banning of said items.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Mob RULE!!!!!

Thanks god we live in a representative republic where mob rule cannot effect freedom. In fact, that was proven with the last SCOTUS ruling.

Rest easy.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nice try. To say that just because I don't lock-step with the SCOTUS means that I have the mindset that will accept banning of a flag is asinine.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. I do not want the flag banned and I don't see any large movement trying to do so. It's complete paranoid lunacy.

Again, you still won't answer my question. Why won't you answer a simple question? Do you believe in freedom?

edit on 13-7-2015 by introvert because: spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Mob RULE!!!!!

It takes FAR more than that to alter the Constitution, which is what would need to be done to ban that flag.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Thanks god we live in a representative republic where mob rule cannot effect freedom. In fact, that was proven with the last SCOTUS ruling.

What country do you live in? Sure the hell isn't the USA.

We are suppose to be a representative republic. Because in one of those ?

The second amendment would stand as it was written many,many years ago.

The country we live under is tyranny of the mob.

The 'majority' rules.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Nice try. To say that just because I don't lock-step with the SCOTUS means that I have the mindset that will accept banning of a flag is asinine.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. I do not want the flag banned and I don't see any large movement trying to do so. It's complete paranoid lunacy.

Again, you still won't answer my question. Why won't you answer a simple question? Do you believe in freedom?

Of course I believe in freedom, though my definition probably differs from yours.

So now you don't see a "large" movement to ban the flag. Just a "movement" perhaps?

And you are correct. It is just a conspiracy theory I have about the flag being banned. Which would probably be better posted on a conspiracy si-. . . . . wait, what?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Get over it. The majority does not rule and that example is irrelevant nonsense.

The "mob" is not what has infringed on our 2nd amendment right, but I won't get in to that.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Get over it. The majority does not rule and that example is irrelevant nonsense.

Yeah it does.

It determines every election, and every piece of legislation.

Two groups 'vote' who ever has the most votes 'wins'.

IE the majority. IE MOB RULE.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Of course I believe in freedom, though my definition probably differs from yours.

That's what I was afraid of.

And you are correct. It is just a conspiracy theory I have about the flag being banned. Which would probably be better posted on a conspiracy si-. . . . . wait, what?

This is the place to post such conspiracies.....right along with Planet X and reptilian Kenyan Obama.

Watch out, Obama and the ghost of Karl Marx is coming for your flag and will force you to marry your gay dog.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join