It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS, nobody is BANNING the flag.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yeah pretty much. Do whatever the hell you want with it in your own place, with your own money. Our government and our tax dollars don't need to have anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're the one who wants to ban the flag.

Am I? Care to show where I specifically said that I want to ban the flag? Or are you just projecting your insecurities on me again? Probably the latter.

So you are not for banning the flag?

I never said I was. Banning the flag is against the Constitution. It's you who keeps claiming that people who want to remove the flag from federal buildings want to secretly ban the flag. (Protip: removing a flag from public grounds isn't a ban).

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

So if enough people agree on banning a symbol, then that symbol should be banned on public property?

There is a distinct difference between deciding not to display something on government property because the people find it offensive and banning it outright. Banning would mean that you couldn't allow the people to display it as they see fit on private property or vehicles. I am not in favor of that.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Incrimental or predictable?

Predictably incrimental. The nom de guerre of 'progressives'.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I can agree with that statement. Human condition, you could say. I fail to understand where the flag comes in to play though.

Could you elaborate? I may be missing something.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Wrong.

This is just banning with conditions.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The flag is being banned on public property. People are cheering and supporting it.

Oh yeah people cheered/supported too when the nazi's burned books.

How things never change.

Gotta love Godwin's Law. Losing an argument? Just reference the Nazis to make it official in everyone's eyes.

Yeah 'goodwins law'.

Just reference a confederate flag for over 150 years because no one wants to discuss the current state of the union.

Haven't lost anything.

I recall someone saying there weren't banning flags. No politicians supported it.

Turns out they do, and they are.
edit on 13-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You're the one who wants to ban the flag.

Am I? Care to show where I specifically said that I want to ban the flag? Or are you just projecting your insecurities on me again? Probably the latter.

So you are not for banning the flag?

I never said I was. Banning the flag is against the Constitution. It's you who keeps claiming that people who want to remove the flag from federal buildings want to secretly ban the flag. (Protip: removing a flag from public grounds isn't a ban).

If the flag is no longer allowed to be displayed at a Civil War memorial on public grounds, then yes, it is a ban.

And you have obviously supported it.

Good to know that some feel that conditional applications can be used.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Wrong.

This is just banning with conditions.

No, it's allowing the people the right to effect the government to fit the way they want to be represented. That's how the system works.

Freedom of speech allows anyone to fly whatever flag they wish or even wear a Confederate t-shirt.

The government does not have freedom of speech. The people do.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So the "people" can vote for a ban.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So the "people" can vote for a ban.

No, that's against freedom of speech.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I wonder if there would be a fine associated with flying the confederate flag in SC public property now.

Not sure what you mean by this... it's hard to tell with all the disjointed statements. Do you mean fined for private display in public? Like if you carried flag or displayed it on your person?

If so, no there shouldn't be a fine. That's violating free speech.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Yeah 'goodwins law'.

Don't whine and complain when YOU used the standard debate tactic that signals to everyone involved that you are out of arguments and have lost. Maybe next time, leave the Nazis out of it? Nah, I don't see that happening. I've never seen you evolve your debate tactics.

Just reference a confederate flag for over 150 years because no one wants to discuss the current state of the union.

150 years? That flag wasn't even relevant to this country until the 1960's when it was resurrected by racist segregationists as a racist symbol against segregation. Again, it ISN'T the official confederate flag. You don't even know the true history of this stupid symbol that you southerners love OH so much.

Haven't lost anything.

Well besides the debate, you are correct. It's not like the flag is being banned or will ever be banned.

I recall someone saying there weren't banning flags. No politicians supported it.

Turns out they do, and they are.

Oh they do and are now? So are you going to answer the question I asked Beezer a few pages back? Which politicians are supporting a ban against the Confederate flag?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If the flag is no longer allowed to be displayed at a Civil War memorial on public grounds, then yes, it is a ban.

No, it's just a removal.

And you have obviously supported it.

Your semantics games are getting rather tiring...

Good to know that some feel that conditional applications can be used.

Conditional applications? Our government has ALWAYS worked like this...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Look, you folks are the ones for banning stuff on public property, I just wanted to make sure I never did anything wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Please bring a dictionary with you while posting. Removing it from public grounds is not banning. Banning is making it illegal for display all together. Stop making yourself bleed and blaming it on others!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Don't whine and complain when YOU used the standard debate tactic that signals to everyone involved that you are out of arguments and have lost. Maybe next time, leave the Nazis out of it? Nah, I don't see that happening. I've never seen you evolve your debate tactics.

So it's obviously better just to call people 'racist' and make posters the topic.

Yeah I have never seen the confederate flag haters evolve their 'debate' tactics for the past 8 years.

150 years? That flag wasn't even relevant to this country until the 1960's when it was resurrected by racist segregationists as a racist symbol against segregation

You mean the resurrected by the democrats.

Oh they do and are now? So are you going to answer the question I asked Beezer a few pages back? Which politicians are supporting a ban against the Confederate flag?

That was answered but someone ignored it.

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then again here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I wonder if there would be a fine associated with flying the confederate flag in SC public property now.

Not sure what you mean by this... it's hard to tell with all the disjointed statements. Do you mean fined for private display in public? Like if you carried flag or displayed it on your person?

If so, no there shouldn't be a fine. That's violating free speech.

I'm not sure but I think the bunny may be referring to the removal of Confederate flags from cemetery graves of Confederate soldiers. IIRC I recently saw a story about that happening. I'll try to find a link. I think I understand your position. No Confederate flags on government buildings and I can agree with that. But what is your opinion on flags being removed from graves and memorials?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

Look, you folks are the ones for banning stuff on public property, I just wanted to make sure I never did anything wrong.

It's difficult to have an honest conversation when you're being intentionally obtuse and approaching this in an immature fashion.

No one has said they want to ban the flag. That would mean that it would be illegal to display it not only on government property, but also on private property.

Letting the people decide what symbols they want presented on government buildings or property is not a ban, it's the freedom to affect and change government to represent them in the best way they see fit.

Why are you against freedom if people use that freedom to do something you don't like?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
These people

Cold Murdered My people

So I remember

Oops, I left out racism.

By the way, I love what you guys have done with my country. Just imagine what hell it would be if left to our own devices.
edit on 13-7-2015 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join