It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS, nobody is BANNING the flag.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am and was vocal about the WAY all this flag hype was done and how the current change was enacted. I fear for the future when someone wants to enact change, they may look to this incident and find that doing a horrible thing is a way to get the public behind your idea.

But, the Flag isn't banned. Yes it was voted on to remove it from the SC Government building. (at least that tiny part of it was democratic)

And yes, some wussies have kowtowed to the PC crowd of public opinion and stopped selling it, and pulled the Dukes off of TV. But, none of that means the flag is banned.

And yes, Bubba Watson said he was going to paint over his General Lee. (come on Bubba, that's poor form)

To be banned, it would be illegal to display it. I don't doubt that some would love to make that happen, but hopefully, there are enough (non dumbasses) left in the US to not allow something like that to happen.

It's a hot button issue, and discussion about is good. I have learned a whole lot more than I knew before because of it.

So please, stop with the "banning" talk.
edit on 13-7-2015 by network dude because: changed tense

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Please ATS, nobody is BANNING the flag

YET.

What we are seeing is how it gets done.

They did it with alcohol. They did it wit drugs. They did it with 'machine guns'.

Aint the American political process 'wonderful'.

People do have a right to express there concerns. In the country we currently live in anything can happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

YET.

They did it with alcohol. They did it wit drugs. They did it with 'machine guns'.

I just saw a Vietnamese guy, smoking a blunt, driving a Toyota PU, with a Confederate flag flying from a stick, flag made in china, playing RAP in Spanish as loud as it could go, driving down the only main street in my small village on the West side of the Rio Grande.

Oh the irony....

I don't think the freedom to make a fool of oneself will be taken away from us anytime soon.....

If ATS is any indication of the above; I don't think we have much to worry about..eh neo?
edit on 13-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well....I know one store in Travelers Rest SC is making bank on all the controversy over the Confederate Flag....Dixie Outpost. I drove by it on the way to Asheville, NC and on the way home and both times it was slammed with customers. Customers were parking in adjacent lots and across the street to go to the store. I would bet their sales have skyrocketed from this whole thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You can still buy a machine gun.

You can still buy drugs (depending on your state).

As far as I know, you can still buy alcohol and brew beer.

If we had a "everything is 100% legal!" country, our world would look like that movie "The Purge". Everyone would be running around killing each other, robbing each other, looting stores, starting fires, blowing things up, and OD'ing on unsafe drugs.

For society to be able to function we require a "social contract". You give some to get some. While it's not a perfect solution, it's better than total anarchy and destruction.

We would never have gone to the Moon or learned about Mars if we all just lived in the woods in tiny cabins, trapping our food and trading beaver skins.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
People don't seem to understand... SCOTUS has already ruled on flags being free speech, both the display and the destruction of.

No flag will ever be banned in the US.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Did I mention THANK YOU? Because I mean it. It's nice to see that not everyone on your side of the debate has ran down the "THEY ARE BANNING THE FLAG! DERP!" slippery slope.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

YET.

Well until there is even a legitimate chance of it happening, there is no point in worrying about it. It's just wasted effort on your part.

Alcohol was banned legally by modifying the Constitution then unbanned by remodifying the Constitution. So you are wrong there. You have a point with drugs. Machine guns aren't banned. You can still legally buy a fully automatic weapon in this country.

You don't appear to understand how it works.

People do have a right to express there concerns. In the country we currently live in anything can happen.

They do, but it gets tiring listening to all the "sky is falling" rhetoric every time something happens in this country that they don't like.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

YET.

I have no doubt some are trying as hard as their little liberal hands can work, to accomplish this. But it isn't now, and will not likely be, banned in any way. Having people talking about it as if it was already banned, makes us look a bit foolish. I have enough trouble with that on my own.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Did I mention THANK YOU? Because I mean it. It's nice to see that not everyone on your side of the debate has ran down the "THEY ARE BANNING THE FLAG! DERP!" slippery slope.

It seems to me that the Right wing has so little to complain about they focus on negative trivialities rather than offer positive solutions to real problems we face.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yes, but "they" made them hugely expensive. wait, so if we were to stockpile some flags, then provoke the ones trying to ban this........oh hell, I'm gonna be rich!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Not a new one, and without the governments permission.

You can still buy drugs (depending on your state).

Yeah OTC's anything else on needs to get governments permission with a prescription.

If we had a "everything is 100% legal!" country, our world would look like that movie "The Purge". Everyone would be running around killing each other, robbing each other, looting stores, starting fires, blowing things up, and OD'ing on unsafe drugs.

People are doing all that now even with the laws that says they aren't suppose to do that.

For society to be able to function we require a "social contract". You give some to get some. While it's not a perfect solution, it's better than total anarchy and destruction.

I don't believe that.

Mankind was getting along just fine long before the US government got created.

We would never have gone to the Moon or learned about Mars if we all just lived in the woods in tiny cabins, trapping our food and trading beaver skins.

Can't hunt without a license. Can't building a cabin without a license. Can't grow food without government saying it's safe.

I'd rather live on the moon than in this country most of the time.

When our ever single conduct, and thought is regulated where the hell does it end?

It never stops. They just keep adding to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Know anyone with a lathe and some metal working tools?

My brother in law made his own AR-15. He cut and bored all the parts himself from sheets of plain metal.

Isn't self-sufficiency a positive trait?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What did he use to make the lower?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think it is more to do with many on the Right being poorly educated with proper legal terminology and in addition being poorly educated with what our Constitution says.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So? You still CAN buy a machine gun, whether it's "new" or not isn't a factor.

Who cares if you need licenses to do things? You still CAN.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not a gunsmith, so I have no idea honestly. I'll ask him the next time we talk. He's a jet engine mechanic by trade so his garage is a machinists wonderland at his home.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What did he use to make the lower?

That would be a heavy AR methinks....if it was steel that is.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yes, but "they" made them hugely expensive. wait, so if we were to stockpile some flags, then provoke the ones trying to ban this........oh hell, I'm gonna be rich!

Right who the hell is going to pay $10,30k for a 30 year old gun, and wait months to get one.

That's just ridiculous.

When LEO's turn around, and buy new ones for often less than 2 grand.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Just curious as a you need more than a lathe to complete the process.

Probably best not to discuss it anyway since making weapons without the proper paperwork will get you a serious stint in a Federal penitentiary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join