It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS, nobody is BANNING the flag.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
They may take our flag....but they'll never take OUR RACISM!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: network dude

Know anyone with a lathe and some metal working tools?

My brother in law made his own AR-15. He cut and bored all the parts himself from sheets of plain metal.

Isn't self-sufficiency a positive trait?

Believe it or not, you can buy an 80% lower and a kit to machine out the other 20%. As of last I heard, this was completely legal, and as long as you do the machine work yourself, you can own it and don't have to register it.
(the lower is the only part that normally has to be registered)

Then you can buy a parts kit for the lower you built, and order a sweet upper to be delivered right to your door.

link to a google search on this

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
They may take our flag....but they'll never take OUR RACISM!!!

Sadly, you are 100% correct.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: olaru12

I think it is more to do with many on the Right being poorly educated with proper legal terminology and in addition being poorly educated with what our Constitution says.

Well now if we are going all 'partisan' here.

Two can play that game.

link   

I stand corrected then.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Know anyone with a lathe and some metal working tools?

My brother in law made his own AR-15. He cut and bored all the parts himself from sheets of plain metal.

Isn't self-sufficiency a positive trait?

Believe it or not, you can buy an 80% lower and a kit to machine out the other 20%. As of last I heard, this was completely legal, and as long as you do the machine work yourself, you can own it and don't have to register it.
(the lower is the only part that normally has to be registered)

Then you can buy a parts kit for the lower you built, and order a sweet upper to be delivered right to your door.

link to a google search on this

If you machine it yourself you don't have to register anything. The only time it has to be registered and serialized is if you sell/give it to someone else.....and make sure you keep a record of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Network dude, you underestimate the tenacity and audaciousness of the flag banning crowd. They have successfully found a wedge issue that centers entirely on the actions of Whites that not only demonizes them but divides them as a group over the issue itself.

It will not stop with just the flag, we have seen it all over the country. A reactionary storm is now sweeping the country and every city council and mayor in the country wanting to score points with minority groups is hopping on the bandwagon.
They are moving not just the grave of CSA Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest but also his wife and the statue erected in his honor in Elmwood Park in Memphis TN. Talk about irony! he was one of the few Whites in the area to actually argue for giving the right to vote to Blacks yet because he was part of the KKK before they even turned to violence his name is being slurred to eternity.

Flags are being stolen from graveyards and homes and monuments are being defaced all over the country. Suddenly it's not only fun to vandalize statues and markers but it is politically correct to do so.

Schools and roads will renamed, statues will be torn down and a large part of our history is being thrown away all to satisfy the Black victimization narrative.

It has just begun and I don't even want to see how this could end up.
It has all the hallmarks of a communist makeover.

Eta: Here ya go: The New Social Media Campaign That’s Encouraging People to Trespass on Private Property and Tear Down Confederate Flags www.theblaze.com... erate-flags/
edit on 13-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

if you look at some of my recent threads, you will see that I feel about the same way. sadly, I was unable to articulate my reasons for feeling the way I do.

But, today, July 13th, 2015, the Union jack flag of the south is not banned in any state of the US.

Tomorrow, on the 14th, I cannot say.

But all the people who keep saying it will "never" happen, are here in print to refer to should the need arise.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Play what game? I don't care about the actions of the previous Democrats. I'm not even a Democrat to begin with. Let's worry about the actions of our present day politicians thankyou very much. But thanks for the red herring argument. It was very entertaining that in order to rebut me, you have to post evidence of historic actions instead of current events.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

*coughs*

*raises hand*

Um, I'm one of "those people" who have stated the "b" word. (ban)

It's silly to even compare any perceived freedoms we have concerning guns. We don't have gun "rights". We have gun "privileges".

We have to get the approval of the central authority before we can own them.

I don't have faith in our government. I do believe that there are those that will "reinterpret" the 1st Amendment and find some aspect, craft a legaleese document, that will give them every justification to ban anything they so choose.

I think banning is only a matter of time. And it'll be done in a fashion that will have people cheering for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Perhaps someone could take a moment to educate me. I have not seen anyone call for the banning of any flag. Is there a movement to ban going on that I don't know about, or is the entire banning issue made-up by those that tend to be drama queens about every issue?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Network dude, you underestimate the tenacity and audaciousness of the flag banning crowd. They have successfully found a wedge issue that centers entirely on the actions of Whites that not only demonizes them but divides them as a group over the issue itself.

I think you overestimate the tenacity of the "flag banning crowd". Supreme Court precedent is currently set against any sort of widespread flag bans. You are just saying a bunch of unverified and divisive rhetoric here.

It will not stop with just the flag, we have seen it all over the country. A reactionary storm is now sweeping the country and every city council and mayor in the country wanting to score points with minority groups is hopping on the bandwagon.

Holy hyperbole batman!

They are moving not just the grave of CSA Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest but also his wife and the statue erected in his honor in Elmwood Park in Memphis TN. Talk about irony! he was one of the few Whites in the area to actually argue for giving the right to vote to Blacks yet because he was part of the KKK before they even turned to violence his name is being slurred to eternity.

Parks are state property. The government has every say as to what statues they want to display in a park.

Flags are being stolen from graveyards and homes and monuments are being defaced all over the country. Suddenly it's not only fun to vandalize statues and markers but it is politically correct to do so.

So? This is a red herring. The government isn't doing this. It's just the actions of malcontents.

Schools and roads will renamed, statues will be torn down and a large part of our history is being thrown away all to satisfy the Black victimization narrative.

All irrelevant because it isn't proof that anything is being banned.

It has just begun and I don't even want to see how this could end up.

How about starting with the definition of the word ban and the word hyperbole?

I mean seriously? Comparing the state trying to minimize its exposure to racism to communism? Wow...
edit on 13-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I stand corrected then.

Yeah, he's really proud of himself -- no serial numbers or anything because he made it. Like stated, he just can't sell it or give it to anyone.

I'm sure if I paid for the materials, he'd let me help make my own.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well, I suppose no ATS thread would be complete without some sort of reference to the country being taken over by a communist conspiracy.

Well done comrade.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I think banning is only a matter of time. And it'll be done in a fashion that will have people cheering for it.

I don't disagree with that. But as of today, it's not.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I am and was vocal about the WAY all this flag hype was done and how the current change was enacted. I fear for the future when someone wants to enact change, they may look to this incident and find that doing a horrible thing is a way to get the public behind your idea.

That would be terrorism, and it's no different to anyone else doing anything violent for a political cause.
If we were worried about what some nutter might do based on what has happened before then nothing would ever change.

But, the Flag isn't banned. Yes it was voted on to remove it from the SC Government building. (at least that tiny part of it was democratic)

Exactly, and it was the correct decision as a government is elected to represent all, without displaying allegiances to symbols and ideologies outside of the democratic sphere.

We would not accept any state government flying the Russian flag, a KKK flag, the Ugandan flag, or any symbol of any group on the grounds of a publicly elected government. There should be the state flag and the national flag - that's all.

And yes, some wussies have kowtowed to the PC crowd of public opinion and stopped selling it, and pulled the Dukes off of TV. But, none of that means the flag is banned.

These are private businesses and they have the right to make business decisions, that's what they have done.

And yes, Bubba Watson said he was going to paint over his General Lee. (come on Bubba, that's poor form)

It's his property, he has a right to do as he wishes with that vehicle.
He understands that it offends a lot of people, and he has made the personal choice to remove it.

To be banned, it would be illegal to display it. I don't doubt that some would love to make that happen, but hopefully, there are enough (non dumbasses) left in the US to not allow something like that to happen.

Not going to happen, no matter what the paranoid right wingers want to claim to excuse their ranting.

It's a hot button issue, and discussion about is good. I have learned a whole lot more than I knew before because of it.

So please, stop with the "banning" talk.

I agree.
No one is being banned from buying it, selling it, flying it, wearing it, worshiping it or doing anything else they damn well please with it.
The thing is, they have no argument unless they rant about it as though it is being banned.

What they're really angry about is that the society they live in no longer agrees with their views, but then this is why so many of them get so riled up about all kinds of things that actually have no impact at all on their lives.
This is not an attack on anyones rights or freedoms, no one is being prevented from doing anything here, but they need to pretend that this is the case to allow them to go off on their little rage trips.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Speaking as a liberal, I can tell you straight up that I wouldn't even think of banning that flag.

That would be like banning white sheets and hoods.

If you support that flag and/or organizations that dress up in white sheets, I want you to display your beloved garb.

Hang them from your homes, wear them on your belt buckles, adorn your T-shirts with them, he'll I'm all for it.

It makes it a lot easier for the rest of us to identify, recognize and/or avoid your racist asses.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I don't disagree with that. But as of today, it's not.

As of today, at this moment in time, at this very second, there is no legal banning in place that is officiated and sanctioned by the US government.

The process has started, though.

New laws need public support. Especially divisive ones. The "grass-roots" efforts to ban the confederate flag are well under way.

Has the flag been banned? No.

Not yet. (as someone already stated)

Has the process to ban the flag started?

My answer? Absolutely.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well....I know one store in Travelers Rest SC is making bank on all the controversy over the Confederate Flag....Dixie Outpost. I drove by it on the way to Asheville, NC and on the way home and both times it was slammed with customers. Customers were parking in adjacent lots and across the street to go to the store. I would bet their sales have skyrocketed from this whole thing.

And people will buy the flag, they might even fly it, then in a couple of years they'll completely forget all of this nonsense and what they got all riled up about to begin with.

Either that or they'll stop with the nonsense when their kids stop visiting, when their friends stop calling, when their businesses stop getting tourists through the doors...

It's great to take a stand on things, but when your stand is solely about deliberately offending people just because you want to make a point, you end up being ostracized.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

The "narrative"?
Are you serious?

As you've had decades upon decades of white privilege in your country with hardly anything proactive done at all to actually move racial equality on in any meaningful way, maybe your country actually needs this to evolve as a society?

But again I find myself asking, why does any of this matter to you? How is your life in any way affected by any of this?
How are the decisions another state makes about how to make their governance of the electorate more equal in any way damaging to your quality of life?

The only way I can imagine you feel this is all so desperately important to you is if you want things to stay the way they are, and that actually says a lot about your character and motivations in this wider debate, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join