It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: boymonkey74

6 Ways Christians Lost this Week

Unfortunately though (and the blog really is an expose of hypocrisy by a christian) there is an obsession to focus on others' ways of life, while destroying any message they made the assumption they were conferred to bring, believing instead to say what I say - instead of do as I do...third eye blindness makes this very obvious glitch in thier own personal matrices, a glaring beacon of hypocrisy - and no-one would care very much (preferring to live and let live) but for the self-appointed 'little christs' who put their shingles of hypocrisy out for all to see...it's trite, but true...the best way to deal with it is to completely ignore the idiocy...but, like annoying little flies in your face...

Å99

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Well said. All religious people forget that point. They all believe they are peter at the gates.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
Oftentimes, people like to group together things that don't match to further their own agenda. Like homosexuality with rape. Did Sesame Street teach you nothing?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

What i meant was people find Loopholes to discriminate, he could have been "Busy" or some other excuse, but he flat out discriminated

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Ghost147

What i meant was people find Loopholes to discriminate, he could have been "Busy" or some other excuse, but he flat out discriminated

...an indication of level of intelligence...or sanity - whichever, 'doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result'...

Å99

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Consent? Meh. Two men in Germany formed an agreement where one would consume the other. The argument using consent isn't that strong. Polygamist can consent without victimization. Prostitution is a transaction based upon consent and can be victimless. How do we measure victimization?

Using that logic you could say that heterosexual relationships should be banned because there is a potential for one person in the relationship to be abused. Also I have nothing against prostitution, it's exactly the same as the drug issue imo. If it was regulated and had official oversight then it would be much safer for the dealer and the buyer, whether we're talking about drugs or sex. Allowing it to become a black market sector only provides a money inflow for cartels and mobsters and there is no oversight.

You say there are no victims in homosexual relations? This demographic has some of the highest suicide rates.

Maybe because the rest of the world makes their life a living hell and makes them feel ashamed of their feelings.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Consent? Meh. Two men in Germany formed an agreement where one would consume the other. The argument using consent isn't that strong. Polygamist can consent without victimization. Prostitution is a transaction based upon consent and can be victimless. How do we measure victimization?

Using that logic you could say that heterosexual relationships should be banned because there is a potential for one person in the relationship to be abused. Also I have nothing against prostitution, it's exactly the same as the drug issue imo. If it was regulated and had official oversight then it would be much safer for the dealer and the buyer, whether we're talking about drugs or sex. Allowing it to become a black market sector only provides a money inflow for cartels and mobsters and there is no oversight.

You say there are no victims in homosexual relations? This demographic has some of the highest suicide rates.

Maybe because the rest of the world makes their life a living hell and makes them feel ashamed of their feelings.

Why anyone would use logic in a debate like this, is beyond me...

Å99

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

No, the two situations are different. Discrimination means refusing to sell the SAME product or service to one group that you sell to everyone else. The gay couple wanted a generic wedding cake - the same type of wedding cake that anyone else would order. They didn't ask for a penis decorated on it, or an image of two men kissing, or any other "gay" decoration that the baker may have found offensive.

There is no problem with a baker refusing any special or customized decoration. Refusing to sell a plain white wedding cake to the gay couple simply because they were gay was the problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
To all participating in this thread:

If you could take my Constitutional freedom of speech away, would you do it inspite of my personal opinion?

You can have your opinions, your freedom of speech and your constitutional rights.

Thing is on this subject you are wrong, get used to it.

Why don't you do what good Christians are supposed to do, serve the community in the name of Christ instead of bagging minorities.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The Law was written into our hearts.

Yes, indeed it is. The Royal Law. To love everyone without judgment. Just as God and Jesus commanded, without exception and without judgment. That is what it means to be and live in God's image. God created homosexuals just as He created you and me. When our judgment days come, who do you think God will judge harshly? Those who tried their best to love and be good to others? Or those who hated and condemned God's beloved children without the wisdom and authority to do so?

You know the truth, whether you like it or not.

Does this post disturb you? I certainly hope so.

You too know the truth, whether you like it or not. Does my reply disturb you? I certainly hope so, and that you search your heart -- and the scriptures -- to find the truth and the love in your heart that our Creator gave you... the GREATEST gift of all.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The Law was written into our hearts.

Yes, indeed it is. The Royal Law. To love everyone without judgment. Just as God and Jesus commanded, without exception and without judgment. That is what it means to be and live in God's image. God created homosexuals just as He created you and me. When our judgment days come, who do you think God will judge harshly? Those who tried their best to love and be good to others? Or those who hated and condemned God's beloved children without the wisdom and authority to do so?

You know the truth, whether you like it or not.

Does this post disturb you? I certainly hope so.

You too know the truth, whether you like it or not. Does my reply disturb you? I certainly hope so, and that you search your heart -- and the scriptures -- to find the truth and the love in your heart that our Creator gave you... the GREATEST gift of all.

That is one of the most beautiful things I have read. The love and presence of all that is good certainly is within you.

Some of us gays are believers too, but we always find ourselves at odds with those who just will not let it go when it comes to our sexuality.

As Mr Jesus himself once said; "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Often times people like to justify sins like homosexuality, promiscuity, or transgenderism by saying its a part of nature.

It's a part of nature in the sense that it happens in nature. Not necessarily a meaningful natural action.

"Sin" as a concept is on the other hand completely man made and nonsensical.
Ok so lets follow this logic a little further.

We know that homosexuality already exists in certain social circles of the animal kingdom, and some animals can change gender based on environmental needs, but what else are animals capable of?

What relevance does it have what evil deeds humans or other animals can achieve - to homosexuality?

Murder: When an male lion finds a new mate, he will usually violently murder the cubs of that lioness out of jelousy. I find it abhorrent. Penguins have also been known to gang up on a helpless youngling to the point of death. Dogs and cats are renoun for pleasure hunting.

As are human beings. All modern "hunters". It could be considered evil. Unlike homosexuality, which is love.

Rape: ......

Homosexuality is not rape. It's giving each other pleasure.

Promiscuity: some animals are monogamous while others are strictly promiscuous. This is common knowlwdge.

Please explain. What is wrong with this?

In most human circles, these acts are crimes against humanity. So tell me now, do you really want to reduce yourself to the level of an animal? The difference between man and animal is the Law.

No, the difference between human and other animals is our ability to critical thinking.
The inability to learn and deviate from old patterns, such as sticking to beliefs from the stone age, when our knowledge has grown, defeats our advantage over other animals and downgrades you into one.

Today its the LGBT doctrine.

I find the whole LGBT movement quite annoying, but the reason it exists is because of YOU, and not me.
As long as there still exists people like you, that movement will exist. Please wisen up so that we both can stop be bothered by them.

Tomorrow it will be pedophilia

Why do you even say that? Do you not really understand the liberal way of thinking? That all people want is for everyone to be happy. Of course it's allowed for everone to be what they are. The ACT of molesting anyone is not okay.
Something else could be said about the carholic church, though.

For generations America prospered andvflourished under the heterosexual, monogamous family unit. It wasn't perfect, but it worked well. It raise strong men and loyal women. The disintegration of America statred with divorce, fatherless children, promiscuity, and now homosexuality. America has declined. If you cant see that, then get you head checked.

Get your head out of your bum and see the world. The nordic godless countries are doing much better
than the old fashioned US.

So, here is the million dollar question.

Will you be the human that God created in His own image? Or will you be an animal?

I will be the animal capable of critical thinking and able to decide for myself what is evil and what isn't, rather than follow a nonsensical book written by people who had less understanding of the world.

The Law was written into our hearts. You know the truth, whether you like it or not.

Why is that the conservative right starts war to the left and right and you spread your hate, whereas I just want people to be happy, enjoy themselves and be kind to one another?

Why are you evil?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Talking about gay people in the same way as bestialty, murder, paedophilia etc...is one ofth emost ignorant hate filled thing anyone can say. Absolutely absurd.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Right and wrong are arbitrary descriptions we assign to arbitrary behaviors in society.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

*yawning* Good morning folks!

Hope you slept well, or had a productive work day, or whatever you did for the last 8 or so hours.

I'm not big on the whole homosexual topic either, I personally find the debate quite boring, I just figured it was time I addressed this issue.

Oh, you 'figured it was time that you addressed it'? Why? If you find it boring, what little voice told you, "Dude. You have to do this eventually....they need to hear from you.....they need to know how you weigh in on it....they're waiting..."

What would have happened if you had just refrained? Was there some deadline? Did you have an assignment due?

Plenty of the people responding to this thread are NON-gay. We are 'taking sides' because it's obvious which one is evil, uncalled for, backward, rabble-rousing, and WON'T SHUT THE HELL UP about it. And YOU are the ones who are on the wrong side...but go ahead and alienate yourselves some more - then you can turn it around and say, "But we're persecuted!"

It is rather boring, really, but these 'debates' on here have been so lively and entertaining....are you entertained?

We have entertained your address, and you mustn't be surprised that when you behave like that (after all, it was your CHOICE to address it) you get the equivalent of rotten veggies thrown at you for downright ugliness, bro.

As I was chuckling myself to sleep last night ("rapey otters"...pure gold), I wondered how old Freddy Phelps is doing watching from the 'other side.' Where do you suppose he is, by the way?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

If you don't like it, blame this god whom you cite--it supposedly gave us free will to do as we please.

But seriously, I find your inclusion of murder in this one laughable, because if the bible is to be believed, your god murdered an entire world, save one family. Your god really has no place to preach on about morals, unless it is the do-as-I-say,-not-as-I-do type of deity.

Hypocrisy--does it disturb you? I certainly hope so.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
How about if the klansmen doesn't want to portray some lynching. How about he just wants a cake saying "Congrats Jimbo welcome to the KKK"?

Then he should get the cake. I'm not sure why you're arguing hypothetical situations when the hypothetical outcome could go either way and it's only when the real outcome shines it's light that leaves us to discuss what's right and wrong over that persons decision.

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
or he simply wants his robes cleaned at a Vietnamese dry cleaner? No hate speech or anything comparable that is easily rejected. He even does all this with a smile on his face, really polite and well spoken. Offers to leave a big tip.
Does the cleaner/baker have a right to refuse? If so on what grounds? Is it socially acceptable to discriminate against those who discriminate? Should we round up all the bigots put them in camps and be done with their small minded ways?

Nope, the baker doesn't have the right to refuse. There is no racist action being taken place, so the cake and robes are fair game.

What? did you really think you've backed me into a corner... Might want to return that confetti you purchased with your "GOTCHA" banner and balloons.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The idea came to me while mowing the lawn.

Yes, there is a deadline.

Who is Freddy Phelps?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Who is Freddy Phelps?

The late leader of the Westboro Baptist Church.
You'd have liked him.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

As heterosexual monogamous family units have declined, so has the integrity of the nation.

Nice try but you can't blame the LGBT community for this'n, especially since the bans were JUST NOW overturned.

Has it occurred to you it likely has more to do with the the two married people involved?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join