It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
"There are 6 Scriptures about homosexuality in the Bible. Here's what they really say."

When God calls homosexuality an abomination
(Leviticus 18:22) (Leviticus 20:13)
Yep. We've all heard that Leviticus is where the Bible straight-up says that homosexual behavior is an abomination. And yes, it does. It also says that homosexuals should receive the death penalty (!!!). It also says the same thing about eating pork or shellfish, charging interest on loans, and a whole bunch of other restrictions that were a part of the Old Testament Law Code. But for Christians, the Old Testament doesn't (dare I say "shouldn't?") settle any issue because Romans 10:4 says that Christ is the end of the law. Which is probably why most Christians today eat meat, use credit cards, wear makeup, and support equality for women. Because, as Hebrews 8:13 says, the old law is obsolete and aging.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

The Story of Sodom & Gomorrah (Genesis 19)
This story in Genesis 19 is probably the most popular passage used to condemn homosexuality. Here is how Vines explains it:
"God sends two angels disguised as men into the City of Sodom where the men of Sodom threatened to rape them. The angels blind the men, and God destroys the city. For centuries, this story was interpreted as God's judgment on same-sex relations, but the only form of same-sex behavior described is a threatened gang rape. "
So gang rape = not good (also not the same thing as homosexuality). But the recap of Sodom & Gomorrah found in Ezekial 16:49 highlights what Vines believes is the real point of the story:
"Now, this was the sin of your sister, Sodom. She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned, they did not help the poor and needy."
In other words, everyone using this story as evidence of the sin of homosexuality, might be missing the point entirely.

edit on 8-7-2015 by raedar because: added 2nd example

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What would have happened if you had just refrained? Was there some deadline? Did you have an assignment due?

Oh, you know...he would have been swallowed up by a big fish, or a whale, only to be puked up 3 days later to have to give his diatribe anyway!

edit on 8-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSantaAgain with say the transgendered crowd we have similar disorders like body dysmorphic disorders that lead to anorexia or bulimia. These are mental disorders yet if a person sees themselves as another gender or "feels" they are the wrong gender the rest of society has to cater to this distorted body image and reinforce a delusion that if the issue were body weight and not gender would be considered a mental disorder.

The key difference you don't seem to understand is that unlike anorexia or bulimia, we who are transgender were born this way. I don't pretend to have all of the answers but there has been research which seems to indicate that something happens during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy when the differentiation in the brain and bodies of males and females happens.

It really is that simple. No one is born with an anorexic brain.

So in my case I was born with a female brain in a male baby's body. Just as some people are born with cleft pallet. Both are physical conditions which in some cases require surgery. Both cleft pallet and transgenderism have a 1-in-4000 chance of occurring yet no one thinks twice over someone who has corrective surgery for the former but if you say you had corrective surgery for the latter look out! Because people like you somehow think that what a person is born with between their legs is more important than what a person is born with BETWEEN THEIR EARS.

That sounds very archaic. Like caveman thinking.

And well, perhaps the ultimate

When people mention the laughable gay agenda they are ridiculed instantly. This minimizes and dismisses the fact that for years homosexuals have literally infiltrated positions to make policy changes to advance homosexual issues. This isnt to say that there is some pink bloc in operation in unison. Just that we abandoned legitimate inquiry and understanding through science and replaced it with questionable changes in policy and reclassification which has stifled real honest debate on the issue and relegated it to the previous pigeon hole of arguing from a spiritual point.

It seems you want to cheery pick what you accept from science because you don't even want to accept that transgender people and transsexual people are NOT suffering from a mental disorder but rather a physical developmental issue. What would you tell someone who is intersexed, born with both female and male genitalia?

Um, and like your whole premise seems right out of the classic sci fi book The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Ever read it? I read it in high school. You'd have loved the America in that book for sure!

I could continue and go into issues like transhumanism . Just yesterday I was watching something completely unrelated to homosexuality that was talking about the creation of artificial wombs. They have raised goats and other animals in these artificial wombs. As the piece was closing they mentioned how this tech would be used to help homosexual couples to have children which is really IMO (with nothing backing it) just a cover for creating human grow ops/clone farms/organ harvesting centers etc. This last paragraph is anecdotal and may be a bit of tangent but I mention it to show how these issues can be discussed from a secular view which then forces the pro-homosexual camp to have to reengage because they cant cop out with a lack of belief.

It's amazing how people can have vastly different perspectives of the same scientific research.

I am a 20 year old young woman who was born differently. As a result, my parents thought I was a boy and did everything they could to try to treat me like one and turn me into one. I had a pretty horrible childhood until at age 7 after having had me evaluated by several medical professionals my parents allowed me to begin living as a girl and they and my siblings accepted and raised me as such from that point on.

Probably much to your horror, at 12 we decided to postpone me going through male puberty so I had more time to think about whether to do that or begin developing as a woman through hormone therapy. I chose the latter and I can't thank my parents enough for that because it helped me have develop as a mostly normal teenage girl and start to have a normal life.

Two years later at 17 with my parents support, I had corrective surgery in the form of sex reassignment surgery to finally be complete.

Today, 3 years later I am in college and doing well. I have a longtime boyfriend who I met while we were both in our juniot year at the same high school.

We have begun discussing marriage and thinking about raising a family. My mom said that's completely natural for women to start thinking of in their 20s and she calls it "nest building". lol

So my boyfriend and have discussed adoption because as you know, there are quite a few unloved children in this world. I am unable to have children of my own and when I think about that it saddens me. Perhaps someday science will make that possible? idk but the research you just demonized above provides me with hope that it may in fact be possible for he and I to have our own child who has his and my features and lineage.

The research into artificial womb would be a miracle and a godsend (no pun intended) for the two us.

Can you honestly look me in the eyes and tell me, my boyfriend, my loving parents and family that I should not be able to have a child?

edit on 8-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Well stated JadeStar

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I can easily honestly tell you that you can not have a child the way you wish too. It requires outside intervention because it is completely unnatural. Artificial wombs? That just goes to show all of the changes you have made are nothing but cosmetic and in no way actually changed your gender.

If you have a "female" brain in a "male" body and it is because you have a mental issue (you claim something happens during the third trimester) simply mutilating the male body to appear feminine has changed nothing. The way you present it sounds exactly like a "defect" or deficiency that can,could, should be cured. I mean sculpting a penis to look like a clitoris doesn't change anything regarding your mental state. The problem is your brain not your body if we are to accept your version of things which again comes down to a psychological issue. Why should society have to accept your twisted view of yourself and deny the reality presented before us? I mean feel free to appear how you like but don't expect others to accept you for it. If I put a Ferrari body on a pinto it does not make the car a Ferrari.

Here is one for you. What is the difference between you trying to pass yourself off as a woman and the white lady who tried to pass herself off as black?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Bs nothing to cure.
Pity we can not cure bs and bigotry.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Bigotry is natural really not that I am a bigot. I do not hold myself superior to others nor view others as subhuman that should be targeted and destroyed. Great points you made.....oh sorry Ive mistaken you for someone who actually contributed something to this thread.

You can come on this forum and make numerous negative comments insulting peoples religion but somehow everyone else is the bigot. You have even called for some pretty harsh actions to be carried out against such believers.

How about you prove there is nothing to cure? Did you even read that persons post? What do you think cosmetic surgery is to transgendered people? To them that is a cure.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Why should society have to accept your twisted view of yourself

Why should society have to accept your twisted view of others?

It's not curable, or a "Defect". She was always a She and will always be a She, if you can't understand that maybe Ignorance is Bliss for you

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh yeah that old lie.
Im not a bigot....I bet you have gay pals also.
Sorry religion is not a person I speak out against religion.
You wonder why we diss religion if it teaches people to be a bigot and hate others?.
So jusy do what many do deny being a bigot and hide behind your religion.
Bigot.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

So the white lady was always a black lady? While we are on the subject of Transgendered people how does TG fit into LGB issues? Not all TG are homosexuals. I have a friend from school who is TG and a straight christian conservative. I think lumping TG in with LGB really hurts their argument.

My view is not twisted. My view is a male (no female reproductive organs, Adams apple etc) in female clothes with breast implants. That is the reality.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
congrats!! you seem to be very well adjusted!!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
If you have a "female" brain in a "male" body and it is because you have a mental issue

Will your ignorance never cease?

If there is an individual who has the same biological brain of that of another gender that doesn't represent the gender of their body, then it isn't a "mental issue", it is a biological trait.

"Mental issue" implies that they think they are different. When in fact we see actual, physical traits in the brain that directly prove it is simply a matter of a biological trait. No thought in the matter...

The way you present it sounds exactly like a "defect" or deficiency that can,could, should be cured. I mean sculpting a penis to look like a clitoris doesn't change anything regarding your mental state.

Uh no... it is not a matter of curing anything. Will there be preventative measures in the future that would inhibit a biological trait like this from occurring? It's possible. However, once the trait is there, it's there for good. We can't go in and rewire the brain to be more or less masculine or feminine in operation.

The problem is your brain not your body if we are to accept your version of things which again comes down to a psychological issue.

No. The only issue here is your blind ignorance and unwillingness to accept external information that doesn't already abide to your preconceived, and false, concepts.

Why should society have to accept your twisted view of yourself and deny the reality presented before us? I mean feel free to appear how you like but don't expect others to accept you for it. If I put a Ferrari body on a pinto it does not make the car a Ferrari.

She never went through with the operation to be accepted by others, she went through with the operation because it's how SHE feels she should be.

Your analogy is ridiculous, because biological values serve no purpose in mechanics. A Ferrari is ALWAYS built as a Ferrari. There is no chance that 1 in 100 vehicles that come out of a Ferrari production line turn out to be a Honda.

Biology doesn't work that way. Biology is a system of percentages and chances. That's why organisms reproduce with variation. It isn't a matter of an accident, or a flaw, it is a matter of biology doing what biology does, being varied.

Here is one for you. What is the difference between you trying to pass yourself off as a woman and the white lady who tried to pass herself off as black?

Seeing how there isn't a biological trait in neurology that separates one human to another due to the color of their skin, the answer to your question is that JadeStar was born with a biological brain that was more similar to that of a female, yet in a males body, where as the white woman really does have a psychological disposition compelling her to pass as another race.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Seems like a round of i know you are but what am I. Do you have anything that might lend weight to your words besides dismissing valid points as blanket bigotry? Also you claim being against religion does not make you bigoted towards religious people? Going to have to scratch my head at that one unless you can accept the fact that I too can be against endorsing homosexuality and not be bigoted towards homosexuals/TG?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Darth_Prime
My view is not twisted. My view is a male (no female reproductive organs, Adams apple etc) in female clothes with breast implants. That is the reality.

Your view isn't based on massive ignorance and intolerance. There is a physical neurological difference and similarities between individuals whom are Heterosexual, Homosexual, Transgendered, and so forth.

Educate yourself once in a while

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Because the GLBTQ+ community is about Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

She was Born White, Caitlyn Jenner was born a Women. Caitlyn Jenner is not lying about her Gender

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Could you post the brain scans for us to compare and contrast Dr. Ghost?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Do you have anything that might lend weight to your words besides dismissing valid points as blanket bigotry?

VALID?!??!?! So far you've only presented concepts that are complete, bogus, ignorant, misconceptions...

Also you claim being against religion does not make you bigoted towards religious people? Going to have to scratch my head at that one unless you can accept the fact that I too can be against endorsing homosexuality and not be bigoted towards homosexuals/TG?

Perhaps if you actually knew a thing or two about homosexuality, I'd agree that you have the right to not "endorse it". But you've only presented yourself as being completely uninformed, and unwilling to accept new information that doesn't abide by your views...

what's that called again? oh yeah, bigotry....

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What information? Your unsupported claims about the naturalness of homosexuality? Your unsupported claims of knowing what kind of brain another person has? Perhaps you could share with the rest of the class this bulletproof evidence that we are all to accept. While you are at it why not explain to us the facts and scientific evidence for declassifying homosexuality as behavioral issue? There must be mountains of journals and studies that clearly show the genetic and biological basis for your claims.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Could you post the brain scans for us to compare and contrast Dr. Ghost?

Here you go! Feel free to back up your claims too, every once and a while....

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

And here's the actual Research Paper for your convenience....

Cerebral responses to putative pheromones and objects of sexual attraction were recently found to differ between homo- and heterosexual subjects. Although this observation may merely mirror perceptional differences, it raises the intriguing question as to whether certain sexually dimorphic features in the brain may differ between individuals of the same sex but different sexual orientation.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... ka

And the image from the study...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What information? Your unsupported claims about the naturalness of homosexuality? Your unsupported claims of knowing what kind of brain another person has? Perhaps you could share with the rest of the class this bulletproof evidence that we are all to accept. While you are at it why not explain to us the facts and scientific evidence for declassifying homosexuality as behavioral issue? There must be mountains of journals and studies that clearly show the genetic and biological basis for your claims.

Probably should have refrained from posting this until after I posted all the information that debunks these ridiculous questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join