It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

The uplifted prohibition on same sex marriage is simply an indicator of America's degenerated mind set. The destruction of the herterosexual monogamous family unit is the result of spiritual stagnation.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

That is a very poor sample size for that study at first glance but I will review the information and will reply after doing so.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: raedar

The uplifted prohibition on same sex marriage is simply an indicator of America's degenerated mind set. The destruction of the herterosexual monogamous family unit is the result of spiritual stagnation.

Right... because being progressive and allowing all that love each other consecutively and without harm the freedom to be legally married by THE GOVERNMENT not the church, is really just a degenerative way of thinking...

Your bigotry is unwelcome here...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Ireland voted for it.
The only bad morals are coming from you lot who wish inequality for some.
Keep it up though you are destroying your religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

That is a very poor sample size for that study at first glance but I will review the information and will reply after doing so.

Believe it or not, that is not our only evidence of this phenomena. If you are still unshaken by these cases, I can easily find you more (not that it should be necessary as it's pretty straight forward information)

Take your time with the information. I want you fully educated so we can start discussing this in a more intellectual manner now

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You know what instead of attempting to show them why they are anti christian in their views we should post a gqy video a funny one.
Any suggestions?.
Iam partial to mr humphries videos.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Here ya go...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You know what instead of attempting to show them why they are anti christian in their views we should post a gqy video a funny one.
Any suggestions?.

I'm not so sure any amount of information will break through such closed minds.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Brain chemistry may introduce diverse influencing factors in the decision making process, but it does not ultimately override logic and free will. All you have proven is that each individual has different vulnerabilities to temptation. But like any addiction, temptation can be resisted. That is one of the many virtues that the Bible offers.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

throw the Book at me, let me resist from my Homosexuality and Genderfluidity!!

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Any suggestions?.

That's what I said earlier....& you're expecting to reason with , I'm assuming adults, who still believe in the Eastor Bunny & Santa Clause or at least their equivalent. Why waste your time in the vane hope that they will see reason.

Replying to the substance of the OP is the equivalent of arguing with the guy on the street corner with the "End is Near" sign shrilly crying "Repent, repent ye sinners", it's just laughable.

K~

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Brain chemistry may introduce diverse influencing factors in the decision making process, but it does not ultimately override logic and free will.

It's not just brain chemistry, it's the actual physicality of the brain that is different.

No one is stating that being homosexual (or otherwise) effects their logic or free will. They are free to act on their natural compulsions or not. I don't know where logic plays into the subject? Do you mean to say that it is Illogical to be gay?

All you have proven is that each individual has different vulnerabilities to temptation. But like any addiction, temptation can be resisted. That is one of the many virtues that the Bible offers.

Addictions don't occur from birth, they occur once something has been experienced from events within a persons life. If someone lives a life where they were never even made aware that there was heroin, then they can never possibly be addicted to it.

Sure, there are specific neurological features that can make someone more susceptible to being addicted to Tobacco (or whatever other substance), but they still need to have the experience to get addicted in the first place.

Homosexuals (or heterosexuals, or any other sexual orientation) doesn't work that way. They don't need to experience it to suddenly "get hooked on it". They all realize around puberty what they are naturally attracted to.

Sorry, but you are holding on to some ancient misconceptions.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

originally posted by: Ghost147

Any suggestions?.

That's what I said earlier....& you're expecting to reason with , I'm assuming adults, who still believe in the Eastor Bunny & Santa Clause or at least their equivalent. Why waste your time in the vane hope that they will see reason.

Replying to the substance of the OP is the equivalent of arguing with the guy on the street corner with the "End is Near" sign shrilly crying "Repent, repent ye sinners", it's just laughable.

K~

I understand that the act of even acknowledging these people is most likely totally futile. I do it for several reasons:

~ I enjoy a good debate, and love to see the various concepts thrown from both ends of the spectrum. Someone may say something that I never knew or thought about. Or, perhaps in my research I discover some new information I wasn't previously made aware of. The eduction I'm presenting is as much for my own education as it is for theirs

~ I'm not totally trying to convince the people I am debating with that they are incorrect. For the most part, it's the people on the sidelines that may not know a lot about the subject that are the ones being convinced. These people offer some pretty ridiculous claims that are fantastically shut down time and time again. Their views become so "Out There" that they begin to actually turn away people that once also believed those same claims, but have since found answers (perhaps in our discussions) that lead them on a more educated path.

~ Lastly, on the very unlikely event that I, or anyone else, actually convinces these people that they're views are really just misconceptions, then I see nothing wrong with having to put in the effort to enlighten even just one more person.

That, and I love debating in general

edit on 8/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes that's exactly as I thought & commend your patience, my response was more exasperated rhetorical.

Personally I'm beyond caring what a certain segment of humanity thinks anymore, I just pray that certain social trends continue & hopefully can be accelerated.

K~

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

But she wasnt always a she, she was a he that became a she

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: doclec

No, She was always a She, her body at birth didn't define her Gender, she was born a She

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

But there are homosexual family structures that rear well adjusted children. Heterosexual families have produced plenty of the criminals that we see today so are you sure the heterosexual family structure is 100% responsible for the success of the "golden age" of the usa

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ill repeat myself, there is no free will sir

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: boymonkey74

Here ya go...

Amazeballs and awesomesauce on that one! I need to bookmark it.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Well according to the definition of gender a man that fulfills a female role can be a she, which is very broad because that can change generationally. Im talking biologically. He went from male to female.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join