It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusDontHaveABeard
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So it's OK to rent apartments to only white people and tell black people that can't live in my building?
Or maybe I can open a private hospital and ONLY treat Christians. The law isn't showing partiality but the opposite. They are saying you cannot discriminate. You're saying you should be able to. We have equal opportunity employment laws. Fair housing laws. What if I hire women in my offices just so I can whistle and make lewd comments at them? Hey, Uncle Sam, this is my business, you can't tell me I can't say I like their tits.

Well nothing has changed even when you apply laws. I lived in a town in Mississippi (ugh) that didn't out right say blacks couldn't move in they just priced them out. Same outcome. Nothing changed. Many employers hire "pretty" women on that basis alone. They don't make cat calls anymore or slap them on the ass but the behavior hasn't really changed and neither the outcome. Its amazing how often we lie to ourselves about the state of things. Bars can be members only establishments or country clubs they can control membership through applications and fees. There are all kinds of ways to get around things because the underlying issues never changed. We just throw lipstick on a pig and pretend everything is all good.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

You really are a very sad person, I pity you.

Thanks, I was afraid I might run out of pity. Keep it coming.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

What a ridiculous statement, lol how very christian of you. How you christians claim the moral high ground on issues relating to sex is amazing considering christianity is essentially a institutionalized pedophile club.
edit on 8-7-2015 by HenryLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You're wrong though, his Protection is freedom to believe and worship, but when he opened a Public business the business is not a person, his business can't discriminate,he could have had another Baker bake the cake if he really wanted, but the moment he refused because of their homosexuality that is discrimination and that broke the law

if you can't understand that you let ignorance blind you

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I'm not saying these things don't happen. Of course they do, but Priests argument is that the baker or anyone I assume should be allowed to refuse service to a customer based on discriminatory reasons. I'm certain that other gay people tried to get cakes somewhere and the owner said, "hey sorry I'm booked up" and they thought nothing else of it and bought a cake somewhere else, but he believes discrimination should be sanctioned

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

So what if all the bakers refused based on faith? You cant force people to serve each other and call it freedom.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusDontHaveABeard

Look, discrimination is a matter of personal opinion. By discriminating, you express that opinion. In principle, it is a protected right as long as it doesnt result in physical harm or slander. Cant make people love each other.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

You're wrong though, his Protection is freedom to believe and worship, but when he opened a Public business the business is not a person, his business can't discriminate,he could have had another Baker bake the cake if he really wanted, but the moment he refused because of their homosexuality that is discrimination and that broke the law

if you can't understand that you let ignorance blind you

This guy gets crucified because he is a moron. Every day businesses discriminate but most of them are smart and find some loophole to do so. I worked in a tattoo shop when I was younger and had one of the artist not want to tattoo a homosexual mostly because of the incredibly gay design( i use that term appropriately) he wanted a rainbow heart with a phallic arrow going through it. The artist couldn't outright say he didn't want to tattoo him because of that he just found out the guy had aids and hep c and dismissed the guy based on that which is completely legal.

In a truly free capitalist market the baker who discriminates loses money. Maybe others support his decision and he thrives. Regardless it just means a gay baker could open a gay bakery and bam instant supply/demand. The real morons are the people who made a stink about it. These are probably the same people who treat the people at the drive thru like crap and it never dawns on them that some disgruntled employee could spit (or worse) in their food. Why would you force yourself to pay someone for services they absolutely do not want to provide?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusDontHaveABeard

I'm not saying these things don't happen. Of course they do, but Priests argument is that the baker or anyone I assume should be allowed to refuse service to a customer based on discriminatory reasons. I'm certain that other gay people tried to get cakes somewhere and the owner said, "hey sorry I'm booked up" and they thought nothing else of it and bought a cake somewhere else, but he believes discrimination should be sanctioned

Well we are kind of making the same point. And OP is actually saying that discrimination is natural not that it should be enforced. Legislating ideas like equality doesn't end discrimination it just morphs into this two faced game. I wonder what would happen if I asked a Gay or Black baker to make a cake for me of klansmen lynching someone. Should he have to make that cake for me? His offense is no different than that of the bakers.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I wonder what would happen if I asked a Gay or Black baker to make a cake for me of klansmen lynching someone. Should he have to make that cake for me? His offense is no different than that of the bakers.

Bingo!!!!!! Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner here.

Well put.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Now THATS a damn good question

On one hand that baker is discriminating because he doesn't believe you should have a klan party

On the other he is discriminating against a depiction of violent discrimination.

Imma hafta ponderify that one

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I was watching a David Attenborough nature show yesterday and it was about these snow monkeys who live near a hot spring but only the elite families are allowed access to the hot spring, while the others just sit and watch as they freeze to death. It really reminded me of human inequality and how much it can matter what family you get born into.

Having said that there is clearly a difference between murder and being gay. For a start there is no victim when two gay people consent to be with each other. It doesn't affect you unless you choose to stick your nose into their business. All those examples you gave have a victim where one party has something done to them against their will. Even the example I gave with the snow monkeys has victims.
edit on 8/7/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

So you don't have to follow the law? your religion puts you above the law is what you are telling me?

he opened a Public business with the laws in place that he knew, he was wrong and discriminated against the law in the state he lived and had to pay the consequence

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Ok, so there are loopholes, the point is discrimination is against the law in the state he had his business, his choice was to discriminate based on their homosexuality and he had to pay the consequence because it's against the law. if he doesn't like that law he could move his business to one of 31 states who openly allow discrimination point blank period.com

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

No, actually, I don't think there are Loopholes. On one end you have the hypothetical situation where a white person is intentionally trying to get some kind of horrid reaction out of a African American Baker by asking him to put the KKK on a cake, which is obviously a massively racist thing to do.

In the original conflict there were two, completely innocent gay men who simply wanted a cake. I'm sure they didn't request to depict some totally irresponsible image like two men having intercourse to be displayed.

There is a huge difference. No loopholes at all

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Wow all these anti gay religious bigots have sure come out of the woodwork on ATS recently.
Sour grapes isn't it.
I would laugh in the OP's face.
They wonder why people are turning away from their cults....

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I was watching a David Attenborough nature show yesterday and it was about these snow monkeys who live near a hot spring but only the elite families are allowed access to the hot spring, while the others just sit and watch as they freeze to death. It really reminded me of human inequality and how much it can matter what family you get born into.

Having said that there is clearly a difference between murder and being gay. For a start there is no victim when two gay people consent to be with each other. It doesn't affect you unless you choose to stick your nose into their business. All those examples you gave have a victim where one party has something done to them against their will. Even the example I gave with the snow monkeys has victims.

Consent? Meh. Two men in Germany formed an agreement where one would consume the other. The argument using consent isn't that strong. Polygamist can consent without victimization. Prostitution is a transaction based upon consent and can be victimless. How do we measure victimization? You say there are no victims in homosexual relations? This demographic has some of the highest suicide rates. Source Higher instances of domestic violence BBC and even some evidence of higher instances of drug and alcohol abuse. Lets not forget increased risk of sexually contracted diseases such as AIDS. These are issues that affect the gay community in higher instances than other groups.

You say that homosexual activity has no affect on anyone besides the two (or more) consenting adults. However homosexuality is not something that is "left in the bedroom" it has become a lifestyle and subculture. It is pushed in popular culture and the media. Children are being forced to learn about these things at a younger age in public schools. As a parent you should be able to decide when you want to expose your children to these ideas (not endorsing keeping them in a bubble here) and how. I even saw on Facebook after the supreme court ruling people changing their profile pic to that of a rainbow imposed over Satan performing analingus upon Jesus. How the hell do you explain that to a child? Yeah people are really keeping this stuff between their consenting selves and in their bedroom.

Doesn't matter because really it is a choice. You can say its not all you want. Meanwhile ill be having lunch tomorrow with my brother and his lesbian girlfriend. Yeah figure that one out.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

No, actually, I don't think there are Loopholes. On one end you have the hypothetical situation where a white person is intentionally trying to get some kind of horrid reaction out of a African American Baker by asking him to put the KKK on a cake, which is obviously a massively racist thing to do.

In the original conflict there were two, completely innocent gay men who simply wanted a cake. I'm sure they didn't request to depict some totally irresponsible image like two men having intercourse to be displayed.

There is a huge difference. No loopholes at all

How about if the klansmen doesn't want to portray some lynching. How about he just wants a cake saying "Congrats Jimbo welcome to the KKK"? or he simply wants his robes cleaned at a Vietnamese dry cleaner? No hate speech or anything comparable that is easily rejected. He even does all this with a smile on his face, really polite and well spoken. Offers to leave a big tip.
Does the cleaner/baker have a right to refuse? If so on what grounds? Is it socially acceptable to discriminate against those who discriminate? Should we round up all the bigots put them in camps and be done with their small minded ways?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

So you don't have to follow the law? your religion puts you above the law is what you are telling me?

he opened a Public business with the laws in place that he knew, he was wrong and discriminated against the law in the state he lived and had to pay the consequence

Yep...abso true!...and members on a particular forum site must follow a set of things called T&C...if not - no idea 'trading'...

These recent 'I'm a fundy, and God says it's wrong' set of threads is verging on Obsession for the folk making them, and defending them...GET A LIFE that you can poke your own noses into...

Å99

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join