It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because it's natural doesn't make it right.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: doclec

It's a tricky thing to define. One could argue that She was Biological female according to her neurological makeup, too. Biologically male in many ways, but Also Biologically female in many ways.

There is no clear-cut definition that could be used because Biology is ever variant.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: raedar

The uplifted prohibition on same sex marriage is simply an indicator of America's degenerated mind set. The destruction of the herterosexual monogamous family unit is the result of spiritual stagnation.

Sorry again, but anti-gay Christians do not own God. My spiritual life has only expanded since I embraced my true self!

Question: "What does the Bible say about self-righteousness?"

Answer: The dictionary definition of self-righteousness is “confidence in one’s own righteousness, especially when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.” Biblically speaking, self-righteousness, which is related to legalism, is the idea that we can somehow generate within ourselves a righteousness that will be acceptable to God (Romans 3:10). Although any serious Christian would recognize the error of this thought, because of our sin nature, it is a constant temptation to all of us to believe we are, or can be, righteous in and of ourselves. In the New Testament, Jesus and the apostle Paul came down particularly hard on those who attempted to live in self-righteousness.

Link (for YOU in particular)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
a reply to: JadeStar

I can easily honestly tell you that you can not have a child the way you wish too. It requires outside intervention because it is completely unnatural.

Um, excuse me but what about those who take fertility drugs? Or those who have In Vitro Fertilization? Without outside intervention they couldn't have children either. And to turn your point around any one using birth control was "unnatural" too.

Drugs for erectile disfunction? Unnatural.

Women who can not have children for any reason? Unnatural.

See, if you start calling any sort of "outside intervention" unnatural a whole lot of things we think of as common today are unnatural.

Your thinking is all too much like something out of the book "A Handmaid's Tale" where they have a whole category called "Unwomen".

Could it be that years from now artificial wombs could be as common as IVF and thus not such a strange, scary thing? I heard that IVF was once called unnatural and they called IVF kids "test tube babies"?

Perhaps you need to realize that time and medical technology move on?

Artificial wombs? That just goes to show all of the changes you have made are nothing but cosmetic and in no way actually changed your gender.

Because somehow women who can not have children are not women?
edit on 8-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I don't think they even follow God.
Just another mans version of her.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Here is one for you. What is the difference between you trying to pass yourself off as a woman and the white lady who tried to pass herself off as black?

Um... fraud?

*facepalm*

Seriously? How many times do we have to debunk that question?

If you want the best answer, how about you head on over to this thread where my mother (who is black) and father (who is white) explain it all for you.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
Brain physiology does happen to be an interest of mine, so im willing to agree with your statement. I guess in my point of view, the hardy human plays with the hand they were dealt so to speak. In my opinion, the individual that embraces the feminine/masculine side without a total takeover is the one the rules. Besides, everyone has a little male and female in them

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

HER?!?!?!?!? Blasphemer!!!

originally posted by: doclec
Brain physiology does happen to be an interest of mine, so im willing to agree with your statement. I guess in my point of view, the hardy human plays with the hand they were dealt so to speak. In my opinion, the individual that embraces the feminine/masculine side without a total takeover is the one the rules. Besides, everyone has a little male and female in them

Yes, well said

edit on 8/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ha, seems so! Ugh!

Being a lesbians, I can say honestly that the church scared me away from God (fill in the blanks or re-read the Op); but I have found God anyway due to something entirely unrelated; and I now have a spiritual life that is available to anyone who seeks and does not require a religious doctrine. Nor does it inspire me to shift blame for the faults of civilization onto a particular group of people who peacefully seek equality.

I wonder why they blame the gays and not religious zealots, or criminal bankers, or defense contractors, cronyism, dynastic and/or oligarchical rulers or .... well, you know.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Why should society have to accept your twisted view of yourself

Why should society have to accept your twisted view of others?

It's not curable, or a "Defect". She was always a She and will always be a She, if you can't understand that maybe Ignorance is Bliss for you

Exactly. I do not understand why this is so hard for some people to understand. I wonder if we could put NihilistSanta's head in a woman's body if he'd think he himself was mentally ill for being completely uncomfortable in the body he now inhabited? Would he say "oh I guess I better just get used to having this body?" somehow I doubt it. He'd go around screaming he was a man and to get him out of there.

I would like him to read what my mother and father wrote on ATS. I don't know if it will change his mind at all but they both are Christians and come from conservative backgrounds so maybe he can relate at least to some of what they said (especially my mom).

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

God was always a her before the men made her a him.
Find the BBC documentory when god was a girl.
Still is in some religions like Hinduism.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

But what we see often also on ATS is instead of God and such being a personal thing we see some religious people not happy until we believe the same way they do thing going on.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Darth_Prime

So the white lady was always a black lady?

Um no... and the reasons why that's different than people who are transgender has been covered elsewhere on ATS.....

While we are on the subject of Transgendered people how does TG fit into LGB issues? Not all TG are homosexuals. I have a friend from school who is TG and a straight christian conservative. I think lumping TG in with LGB really hurts their argument.

I am not homosexual either. I have a boyfriend lol. But gender identity and sexual orientation are two different things.

Gender identity is who you ARE.
Sexual orientation is who you're attracted to.

If I were attracted to girls I'd still be transgender but I'd be lesbian. If I liked both I would be bi. So sexual orientation is a separate thing from being transgender or cisgender (non-transgender).

And considering transgender people face a lot of the same ignorance from the same people who hate on LGB people I have NO problem with being lumped with them. I'm happy to support them.

It's not like there is this zero-sum game of freedom. We do have different issues but GLB's gaining something in one area doesn't take something away from those of us who are TG or TS.

Example: Lesbian and Gay people gained the right to marry anywhere in the country recently with the Supreme Court decision. However, I as a straight woman of transgender experience always could have married my boyfriend anywhere in the country because the government rightly put female on my birth certificate, drivers license and passport and it's been that way for transgender people for over 30 years.

Something which if you were in charge you'd deny me.

So gays and lesbians getting the right to marry doesn't take away mine or make my future marriage mean anything less or somehow devalue it. I'm happy for them. Everyone deserves to love.

I see that you're just trying to divide and conquer.

My view is not twisted.

Um, yes it is. The fact that unless I mention I am trans no one knows and the fact that everyone from my parents, to teachers to Girl Scouts to my college professors accept me as female should tell you all you need to know about your extremist viewpoint and backwards position.

My view is a male (no female reproductive organs, Adams apple etc) in female clothes with breast implants. That is the reality.

Well here's my reality: I never had an adam's apple, nor breast implants. My breasts started naturally growing a little at 14 and really started growing when I began medically approved hormone therapy at 15. And since I didn't go through male puberty I did not gain any male things like an adam's apple or facial hair, deep voice etc.

So, do you want to still call me a man in a dress? Really? LMAO

As for female reproductive organs, did you know that you were once female? All human embryos start out female. It takes a series of events which happen in the womb to masculinize a fetus.

Did it ever dawn on you that process isn't always 100% perfect and that nothing in nature ever is?

Guess that might explain those of us who are transgender or intersexed. It's only natural

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
congrats!! you seem to be very well adjusted!!

Thank you. I really debated whether I should "come out" as being a girl born differently on ATS but after reading so much ignorance on a site whose motto is "Deny Ignorance" I felt I should speak up. As a result others also have come out. I have my parents and family to thank for being well adjusted. Despite being devout conservative Christians, they educated themselves on these issues and got me the help I needed at an early enough age that I could still have a somewhat normal childhood and teens. I am not sure where I'd be without them. My family is my foundation and I do hope to have my own someday, regardless of what people like "NihilistSanta" (what a username!?) say.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Addictions don't occur from birth...

Tell that to the babies who are born addicted to heroine and crack. Maybe there is some event in the womb that does trigger homosexual tendencies, but that is in the flesh, not the soul. Your sexual preference is a choice.

We aren't animals, and if you consider humans to be animals, then you have to excuse murder, rape, and pedophilia to be as legitimate as homosexuality is.

The LGBT movement is defending a double standard and trying to dismiss personal responsibility.

We know that mammalian nature functions in an orderly manor with heterosexuality, and so has society...up until now.

edit on 8-7-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

When did you choose to be straight?.
Did you think of being gay? but choose to be straight?.
Because I didn't I'm just straight never even entered my mind so therefore I think people who are gay did not choose to be gay either.
edit on 8-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

God was always a her before the men made her a him.
Find the BBC documentory when god was a girl.
Still is in some religions like Hinduism.

I always thought it strange that God if such existed would be male. To me God would have to either be female or be both in order for them to create both sexes. In some religions in the East I think their version of God is both male and female.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yeah Hinduism has Gods which are both sexes.
But like any other religion there are many different ways of thinking some think Brahman is genderless and some think both sexes.

I dunno why I just feel she is more of a she or at least that is what she is showing me.
Notice how many male gods are war like? well before the war like male gods it was female forms which were worshiped we don't know much about them because they were so long ago and any traces of them were destroyed but it does beg me to ask the question why would any woman follow a God which puts them down so much?.
I wonder what those society's were like which did worship the female form?.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Could you post the brain scans for us to compare and contrast Dr. Ghost?

Perhaps this article may be of some use? I thought this stuff was pretty common knowledge by now:

Transsexual differences caught on brain scan - New Scientist, Jan. 2011

Differences in the brain's white matter that clash with a person's genetic sex may hold the key to identifying transsexual people before puberty. Doctors could use this information to make a case for delaying puberty to improve the success of a sex change later.

Medics are keen to find concrete physical evidence to help those children who feel they are trapped in the body of the opposite sex. One key brain region involved is the BSTc, an area of grey matter. But the region is too small to scan in a living person so differences have only been picked up at post-mortem.

Antonio Guillamon's team at the National University of Distance Education in Madrid, Spain, think they have found a better way to spot a transsexual brain. In a study due to be published next month, the team ran MRI scans on the brains of 18 female-to-male transsexual people who'd had no treatment and compared them with those of 24 males and 19 females.

They found significant differences between male and female brains in four regions of white matter – and the female-to-male transsexual people had white matter in these regions that resembled a male brain (Journal of Psychiatric Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.05.006). "It's the first time it has been shown that the brains of female-to-male transsexual people are masculinised," Guillamon says.

And....

A 2010 study of 121 transgender people found that 38 per cent realised they had gender variance by age 5. White matter differences could provide independent confirmation that such children might benefit from treatment to delay puberty..

Which is exactly what happened in my case.

SO.... Please go on about how I am really just "a man in a dress".
Seriously you are welcome to think I am a "man in a dress" just as you are welcome to believe the Earth is flat, 4000 years old and the Moon is made out of green cheese.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

We aren't animals, and if you consider humans to be animals, then you have to excuse murder, rape, and pedophilia to be as legitimate as homosexuality is.

And now, a musical interlude:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Ireland voted for it.
The only bad morals are coming from you lot who wish inequality for some.
Keep it up though you are destroying your religion.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Jesus Christ actually came back and said: "HEY! Leave the LGBT people alone, they are God's creation too."

Prolly the same thing as last time...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join