It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AmeriKKKa

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Insult, lie, call me a racist, bye.

Lol, stop projecting and get some rest. You seem tense and emotional.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yeah my bad I have dyslexia.
Please continue calling us insane and such.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
In post 9/11 white American culture has become increasingly pathological

Hiya N00b,

This isn't a trick question post, I'm just genuinely curious on what is meant with this statement? Can post here, or just U2U if this thread is getting too hot. I don't particularly need it to be a public discussion. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Roof's attack and killings have been labelled as a 'hate crime', but such labelling can only account as one detail, as one aspect of the overall picture that needs to be viewed, acknowledged, and understood in full context. Dylan Roof committed his act with an ideological goal in mind...he seeks nothing less than the forced removal of African Americans from American soil. Of course, such ideology will fail, but it doesn't just label him as a racist, his actions and the reasons behind them label him as a terrorist, also.

Roof's mindset was not something he taught himself. He was not born hating African Americans. He was not born with a seed of hate inside him that would grow and fester as he grew, only to explode in an act of murderous rage once he reached the age of being an acknowledged adult. No. That seed of hate was planted purposefully or ignorantly into his young mind, and which was then fed daily by other minds interpreting his life experience for him, until eventually he finally reached an age he took over the responsibility of that which he was taught, of that which became indelible upon his mind. Having no alternative, he ran with it.

As he grew, there was no counter-argument to re-balance the racial hate impressed upon him. He wasn't sat down at any specific time of day as if in a counsel of religious teaching and purposefully taught to hate African Americans, he was simply born into a cultural background that perceives racial differences as high fences of barbed wire and concrete, validating the idea that integration and acceptance between different racial make ups cannot, and must not, be tolerated. A mind such as this, refusing or incapable of acknowledging this psychosis that grips it, cannot heal. The mind of America is weighed down by this psychosis.
edit on 19/6/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

In post 9/11 white American culture has become increasingly pathological

Hiya N00b,

This isn't a trick question post, I'm just genuinely curious on what is meant with this statement? Can post here, or just U2U if this thread is getting too hot. I don't particularly need it to be a public discussion. Thanks.

Hi

I used the term because i thougnt it explained the medias compulsory motived, biased news coverage of none-white crime the best. I'm not the best of writers so if it has confusef some with the usage of the word, i do apologise.

Anyway, its rare that i visit these baords and im glad that many agree with me.

Been an outsider who doesn't live in America, and how much the majority pride their country on been the beacon of freedom, fairness and prosperity - I and many other see the opposite. We see your country crumbling from the inside due to your media and education. I didnt post this to bring up acial tensions, but it seems a couple were devoted on misinterpreting it that way. It was ment to show how your media covers the newd

The racism is embedded on both sides of the spectrum now, it will take big change in how your news is covered to alter the direction your country is heading. People are not born racist, its their envirmoent and what they hear that makes them the wy they are
edit on 19-6-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Yes, thank you. Your eloquence explains my plainspeak.
It IS systemic, and it IS an American problem, one which has been shuffled under the carpet.

Oh god*, you guys are the new Rome.

Please don't take us down with you.

*flying spaghetti monster

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

People are not born racist, its their envirmoent and what they hear that makes them the wy they are

Racism grows when a community is misrepresented in the media and blamed for all the ills of society. When stereotypes are allowed to be spread freely and when the communication between all the different communities is broken.

For example in my country we have a specific kind of racism based on the language, not on the skin color.

French speaking people are described as lazy, stupid and sucking money from the riches. Dutch speaking are described as racist, closed minded and egoistic.

Of course it's all generalizations and wrong in 99% of the cases. But since the 2 communities speak different languages there is no real opportunity to break these stereotypes and they are allowed to prosper, fuelling racism and hate.

In the US the same happens when people like Wookie are allowed to claim incorrect generalizations like saying black people or latinos commit more crimes because it's in their culture, get free money while not doing anything to deserve it, and when the media like Fox propagate these generalizations by putting them under the spotlight without explaining the correct reasons, or without providing a broader context.

Ask anyone in a white supremacist or neo-confederate group what their problem is with people of color and they will invariably tell you these same generalizations because this is the only side of the story they get.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I also considered that this was possibly a professional hit on the senator/pastor but using the whole racist crazy shooter as a cover. Maybe had just the senator been "hit" alone in his home their may have been a connection somewhere that the police could have made as far as the who and the motive. The way it went down looks on the surface to be a lone crazed operator with a grudge against blacks. Then there is always the fact that SC is a notoriously bigoted state so who knows.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Ddrneville
Two words : gun control
And to all the pro gun guys, let's talk in about 10 years from now as to what you are allowed to own in regards to guns in the US.
Maybe a .22 six shooter

Well geez, the lack of guns certainly helped those nine dead folks.

Maybe if one of them had a gun, a permit, and the proper training to use it, the situation could have resulted in less deaths!

Remember, when you need help now, the police are two minutes away, when they arrive, they might shoot your dog or your family...on accident.

The shooting couldn't have happened--it was a gun free zone and it is illegal to bring a gun into a place of worship in SC.

As for the killer being racist--it sure appears that way. However, it also appears he was a deranged lunatic so one cannot extrapolate his "racism" on the greater American society.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
I also considered that this was possibly a professional hit on the senator/pastor but using the whole racist crazy shooter as a cover. Maybe had just the senator been "hit" alone in his home their may have been a connection somewhere that the police could have made as far as the who and the motive. The way it went down looks on the surface to be a lone crazed operator with a grudge against blacks. Then there is always the fact that SC is a notoriously bigoted state so who knows.

I also thought of that aspect when I heard that a state senator was involved--that it may have been a politically motivated or organized crime sort of hit. Politicians quite often have dirty hands.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I am a 13th generation born Mississippian. Alcoholics deny that they are drunks and southners deny that they are racists. Old Charlie Manson always said if he could start a race war in the US, the world would be his. This was most definitely a hate crime against black people.

You were born in Mississippi? Then you must be a racist.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
I also thought of that aspect when I heard that a state senator was involved--that it may have been a politically motivated or organized crime sort of hit. Politicians quite often have dirty hands.

Dylann Roof wanted to reintroduce segregation between blacks and whites. He specifically attacked a congregation founded by black people in secret before the civil war, which was hiding to celebrate, and whose founders helped organize a slave revolt. Dylann Roof was close to republicans and white supremacist ideals and the senator was a black democrat.

Of course there is a political message behind the attack, but it doesn't mean he was manipulated in doing it. Actually he told many times before to his classmates that he was going to do something like that.
edit on 19-6-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I agree with this thread. There is a problem of systemic racism from all directions. I also am not naive enough to believe that admitting there is a problem is the same as thinking I have "white guilt". I don't feel guilty for things I didn't do.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I don't think this kid is exactly crazy. Yes, he has mental problems (anyone who commits crimes like this does), but IMO he is not crazy like, say, James Holmes. While Holmes also premeditated his crimes, if you look in his eyes he's completely gone, out of it. This kid, however, just looks mean as hell.

As far as the OP goes, I'm in complete agreement.

There is a whole segment of the population who refuse to acknowledge that the problem of racism still exists, and one cannot solve a problem when you deny it exists, unless EVERYONE ignores and forgets about it, which isn't going to happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I honestly believe that Haley is being 100% honest there. He probably WILL never understand, and that's the problem. He can't recognize the faults that cause him to miss the problem.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yea, this kid will go to jail in probably fall IMMEDIATELY into a white supremacist gang. He's already got the cred with his crime. This guy is a thug.
edit on 19-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He'll kind of have to fall in with them, for his own sake.

The black folks will kill his ass.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Dylann Roof wanted to reintroduce segregation between blacks and whites. He specifically attacked a congregation founded by black people in secret before the civil war, which was hiding to celebrate, and whose founders helped organize a slave revolt. Dylann Roof was close to republicans and white supremacist ideals and the senator was a black democrat.

Of course there is a political message behind the attack, but it doesn't mean he was manipulated in doing it. Actually he told many times before to his classmates that he was going to do something like that.

Didn't say that he was--just that the thought crossed my mind when I first heard there was a politician among the dead. One has to agree that it is an interesting coincidence.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

And now we have it concretely: apparently he confessed, and that is WAS about race.

One of the officials said that Roof, who is white, told investigators that he wanted to start a race war.

Link

Now maybe all the deniers will wake—er, shut—the hell up.
edit on 19-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join