It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AmeriKKKa

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Left wing media point the finger at "white america" everytime a black person is shot by a white person. They are both just as racist and divisive, just in different ways and go ignored by those that follow their cults.

Look, I get angry everytime I hear white people tell me how lucky we are, that we get to "mooch off the tax payer now" and get spit on because addiction and alcoholism is rampant, and all the other racist crap that gets tossed at us.

I can see how a hardworking white guy, busting his ass just to live, could get angry at hearing from the left wing media how privileged his life has been because he was born white.

It's all divisive, and stirs up anger, which simmers into hatred. Neither is "less evil".
edit on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:17:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Look I said that racists exist on all sides. I'm not excusing the left of using its own racist agendas. I'm JUST saying that the right media does it more than the left.

Question do you think it is worse to hyperbolic rant about a real problem or do you think it is worse to vehemently deny that the problem exists? My answer to that question is the latter is worse than the former. At least with the hyperbolic rant, there is a discussion taking place. Denying the problem exists just means that now the other side has to first convince the deniers that the problem even EXISTS before anyone can start discussing how to fix it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
To put it as simply as I can, both sides are only painting half a picture. Both sides are blatantly denying the other half of the picture. Both sides want to put the blame all on the other side. Both sides are fanning the flames, and it is intentional I think. That's the only way I know how to put it, and to say one side is worse than the other is a mistake.

edit on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 14:40:50 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No it isn't. Just because the right wing media pushes a racist message doesn't make the right wing racist. I happen to know quite a few right wing people who aren't racist, but that doesn't change the fact that right wing media is racist.

I'm not trying to deny that racists don't exist on all sides, but if you were to honestly compare the right wing media to the left wing media, it is VERY clear which one is more lop-sided in the "is it racist?" category.

Seriously? Everything from the leftist media is about race. Dusagree with ilkegal immigration? You are a racist. Against welfare? Racist. Dislike Obama? Racist. Against gun control? Racist.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That is too simple of an answer. There is definitely a clear winner as to who is being more racist than the other. Saying they are both equally racist is just a way of waving away the argument without looking too deeply into who is saying what.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That is too simple of an answer. There is definitely a clear winner as to who is being more racist than the other. Saying they are both equally racist is just a way of waving away the argument without looking too deeply into who is saying what.
It could be argued that the left is just as guilty as the right in Racism. There is such a thing as Racism in Compassion. "These poor blacks can't fend for themselves, they need more college scholarships than whites."
"Those poor mexicans are living miserably in mexico. Let's let them into our superior civilization."

I could go on. Don't get me wrong, I disagree with all forms of racism, but both sides are guilty of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

...and argued successfully.

Anti-racist racist.

This is an interesting editorial from the Seattle Times that hits this issue dead in the black, IMHO...

What is more dangerous? A klukker screaming racial epithets over a megaphone? Or a PC'er, for lack of a better term, who, in their condescension plays into the stereotype of some group being unable to care for themselves? I submit the latter.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I'm neither. Check the Twitter trend #WeWillShootBack - the media's attempt to blame this on the 2nd amendment has completely backfired. Everyone with their brain turned on has realized they need to get some personal responsibility and GOOD FOR THEM!

We all have a part to play in protecting ourselves from further harassment & terrorist attacks, #WeWillShootBack

From #BlackLivesMatter to #WeWillShootBack is long overdue

#wewillshootback isn't telling blacks to get guns & attack whites; that would make us no better than them, its setting up our own protection

When I attend church on Sunday, I will carry my gun with my bible. GOD HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.

If my mother isn't safe at church, I'll will make that church safe myself. #WeWillShootBack

1.) Get your gun license 2.) Purchase a firearm 3.) Arm yourselves 4.) Join the NRA 5.) Watch how nervous they get #WeWillShootBack

WeWillShootBack

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
Two words : gun control
And to all the pro gun guys, let's talk in about 10 years from now as to what you are allowed to own in regards to guns in the US.
Maybe a .22 six shooter

Lack of guns would not have stopped him if his intent was to kill nor would it have made his hatred any less.

You are blaming a tool. Lack of access to a tool won't fix the underlying problem for this psycho anymore than it stopped the Manson family murders. They wanted a race war too you know and they didn't use guns.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

It could be argued that the left is just as guilty as the right in Racism. There is such a thing as Racism in Compassion. "These poor blacks can't fend for themselves, they need more college scholarships than whites."
"Those poor mexicans are living miserably in mexico. Let's let them into our superior civilization."

I could go on. Don't get me wrong, I disagree with all forms of racism, but both sides are guilty of it.

There is a term for it - it's called pathological altruism.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

There is a term for it - it's called pathological altruism.

Also, "the bigotry of low expectations."

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually, it's not a 'real thing', it's just the title of a book, and a thought process seized upon by certain groups and individuals who like to give life to such, much like you have here.

However, as far as pathologies are concerned, I wish it was contagious.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Also, "the bigotry of low expectations."

I do agree with this to a degree,( although I might not have worded it as such) and I agree as well with what Railgun posted.

We are sometimes guilty of 'providing excuses' to those who might not be deserving of them. I mean, sometimes people are just crazy asses........ no excuses.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I keep hearing this but the thing is different sets of people are different.

Every culture has differences. So people crying that if it was a white shooter he'd be mentally ill, well many are. You ever see an non white do a school shooting!? That doesn't relate to mental illness but it's a point.

Just like music, food etc.

I think it's hypocritical to act offended by people acting like feelings are hurt when there are truths to the differences amongst groups of people. Now I can't say every African American likes rap and every Muslim is Islamic but there is a majority of people associate with different things. That's part of having a culture.

The problem is not assimilating. People complain about differences but also act like they don't want to assimilate. At the end of the day we are all Americans and if we keep our focus that we were and the benefits of having different cultures we will be ok.

However with the latest racial tension this year there is a need for us all to grow closer and learn from eachother. If we do we will be stronger for it.

a reply to: n00bUK

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here:

Murders and manslaughter 2014 : white-3,799(45%) / African American or black: 4,379(52%)

I guess it's only a story when it stirs up #

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

lol every muslim is islamic that would be the religion of muslims. i think what you meant to say was not all middle easterners or not all arabs are islamic.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Didn't his roommate say he'd been planning the attack forv6 months? I haven't seen an interview of his roommate, and I sure as hell don't trust anything the media says, but let's just go with the story that he had been planning this for 6 months. Then we have to quantify "planning". What type of planning? What does planning mean to the roommate?

Planning to kill a different race? Planning to specifically target the state senator? Planning to target specifically blacks?

The answers to these questions (and, obviously many more questions) will show what his motivations were.

It's called an INVESTIGATION

No, they aren't always conducted by ethical people/departments but we should let the INVESTIGATION take its course.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
So liberals should be pc so whites don’t get upset?

They shouldn’t speak what their hearts see and their eyes witness

umm...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Ameilia

You expect the people in the church to carry loaded guns with them during bible studies/ service. Are you trolling or deluded?

They were black right? Don't they have a high rate of Christianity as well as gang violence/gun ownership (legal or otherwise)? So what are the odds noone was carrying a gun? Because they were in church? As if Christians are peaceful? Next time you see rap videos or gang banging thugs, see if they are wearing a cross chain or have some religious tattoos. Religion can be peaceful, but it is the same as MSM, a way to control the masses with fear.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Didn't his roommate say he'd been planning the attack forv6 months? I haven't seen an interview of his roommate, and I sure as hell don't trust anything the media says, but let's just go with the story that he had been planning this for 6 months. Then we have to quantify "planning". What type of planning? What does planning mean to the roommate?

Planning to kill a different race? Planning to specifically target the state senator? Planning to target specifically blacks?

The answers to these questions (and, obviously many more questions) will show what his motivations were.

It's called an INVESTIGATION

No, they aren't always conducted by ethical people/departments but we should let the INVESTIGATION take its course.

All I have seen was a clip of an interview from a friend of his that stated that the killer was speaking a bunch of racial nonsense several days before the shooting with threats while he was drinking. He then took a gun away from him and hid it overnight and then gave it back to him in the morning and a few days later here we are.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join