It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AmeriKKKa

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It was one gun, a .45 pistol, and he reloaded several times.

He could have been easily taken out.

If you've been through gun training, you'd know that.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I know that happened too fast to save those people. Maybe someone would have killed the killer instead of him getting away. The victims had been shot multiple times, so were probably dead or incapacitated on first rounds.

edit on 20-6-2015 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
nothing will change this, hasn't in my lifetime, or before that. black people getting slaughtered in church is just the way it is, has been, and will be.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

That is not true. I am a 13th generation born Mississippian. I was raised to hate anyone who did not look like me and worship like me. Because of what I witnessed during the civil rights riots in the 60's as a teenager, it changed me. I was taught blacks were "sub human" from birth. I raised three grown children who are not racists or hate. Our family includes all points of human distinctions now, like religion and culture and skin tone. We just make it all work with humor and acceptance which grows to be love. Don't give up.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thought I was going to make it through this entire thread without someone pointing out the fact that Militias have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.
Good to see even a moderator step in (in a non-moderating role) to point out that fact.
The OP is making a very hasty generalization which is entirely baseless in that aspect.
Nowhere has it been determined that the perpetrator of this heinous crime is associated with any form of militia - Be it Right-Wing, Left-Wing or Center.
Poorly-worded attempt at confronting the scourge of hate groups? Perhaps.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
nothing will change this, hasn't in my lifetime, or before that. black people getting slaughtered in church is just the way it is, has been, and will be.

When was the last big case of this Jimmy? About 60 years ago?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

That is not true. I am a 13th generation born Mississippian. I was raised to hate anyone who did not look like me and worship like me. Because of what I witnessed during the civil rights riots in the 60's as a teenager, it changed me. I was taught blacks were "sub human" from birth. I raised three grown children who are not racists or hate. Our family includes all points of human distinctions now, like religion and culture and skin tone. We just make it all work with humor and acceptance which grows to be love. Don't give up.

Most kids today, the newer generation, hasn't grown up together this way. This incident is not going to drag the country back into a 1965 mentality.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Right because that happens every week.

How many times has it happened in your lifetime? Maybe twice?

I'd be more afraid of inner city gangbangers if I were you. Your fear would be much more warrented.
edit on 20-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The road to hell is paved with it.

You can try and try and try to do the right thing, but the simple truth is that you have to be met in the middle to help someone else. I tried and tried to reach and help inner city middle school students learn. I bent over backwards. A few took advantage of that, met me in the middle and expended their own effort. The rest spat on it. No matter what I did to help them, they weren't going to learn unless they expended effort on their own part to meet my outreach. There is a point at which you either learn the lesson that some will not respond and let them go their own way, or you keep trying to expending more of yourself to the point of damage.

The pathological part of it is that you have the impulse to keep trying to help even when it's clear your efforts are met with no appreciation or reciprocity on the part of those whom you are trying to help, even perhaps that they may be trying to take advantage of your good intentions.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

BS. I still have lots of family there. They let me know exactly how they still feel. They don't even like it that I use the term "black" around them.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Most kids today, the newer generation, hasn't grown up together this way. This incident is not going to drag the country back into a 1965 mentality.

Racism is born from the basic instinct of fearing what is different. It is easy to fear people that are unknown. Once we all meet each other the reality is raw and simple - we're all human beings with different lives yet ruled by the same principles. Racism exists when separation exists - when you are fed that there is you and them. Not just racism by the way: Homophobia exists when you are fed that there is you and them. Sexism exists when you are fed that there is you and them.

All these "isms" are a part of an old society no one wants today where people are grown in isolation and taught to hate their neighbor.
edit on 20-6-2015 by InTrueFiction because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: n00bUK

This particular issue was clearly about race.

there are many issues however that are spun to be about race and if you dig deeper into those issues youll find out that the media does a really good job of spinning that story.

So what is your point in bringing up those "other incidents" on this topic? Failures occur in every endeavor. Why do you insist, on this topic, to address those other failures..and not this failure of the media?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I know that happened too fast to save those people. Maybe someone would have killed the killer instead of him getting away. The victims had been shot multiple times, so were probably dead or incapacitated on first rounds.

If he had time to stop and reload several times, there was ample opportunity to take him down. Period.

That's the difference between target practice and training. A trained gun owner is ready for that very scenario.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

If he had time to stop and reload several times, there was ample opportunity to take him down. Period.

That's the difference between target practice and training. A trained gun owner is ready for that very scenario.

I'm an atheist but was raised in a very religious background so must say. Any man or woman that walks into a church wearing a gun might as well not go because they understand nothing about the entire philosophy the christian faith itself stands for. The temple is sacred. To put it shortly the meaning of sacred is purity in its most clear self - something nothing profane can touch. When the profane touches the sacred the sacred is gone. This is paramount to the faith - when the profane touches the holy, the holy is no more.

So bringing weapons and violence to the temple is the most profane thought against the very sacred element of the church. That is why cowards always attack the churches of their enemies - whether through bombing or shooting - to defile the sacred meaning that people see in it.

I'm an atheist but respect other peoples' religious views - the thought of a bunch of people holding weapons during mass in a church is I'm sure more offensive to the faith than anything I have ever said.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm kind of amazed at how the OP post assumes that racism only goes one way. Yes this shooting was a terrible act of pure racist hatred by a piece of white trash. But what about the shootings of whites by blacks? Did you feel the same way after the DC Sniper? After the black man killed the two white cops in NY? Racism is present on all sides, because, well that is a flaw in human nature. It is not right, and I would agree it is time we should have a conversation in this country but ultimately this needs to be a two-way conversation. What about the woman who heckled the CNN anchor screaming white people are racists? What about the black people calling for arms against whites, calling for violence against whites? Isn't that an open display of racism?
I spent the last 5 years living in San Jose, California, and I worked in Oakland for a time...Oakland was actually great, San Jose is one of those most diverse cities in the country, and as a white person (I am actually half Hispanic but I look white) I was in the minority. My wife and I experienced racism quite a few times, and I heard many racist comments from Hispanics in San Jose, that would talk about tolerance and about how racist whites were, without realizing how racist their comments were themselves.
Racism in America is a conversation for everybody. It is an issue we must all try an resolve, and honestly all try and live with, as there will always be some forms of racism. Once we can realize we are all individuals, we are all humans of the same genome, we all have value and worth, we are all (in this country) Americans, we can maybe try to get along.
edit on 6/20/2015 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

Racism in America is a conversation for everybody. It is an issue we must all try an resolve, and honestly all try and live with, as there will always be some forms of racism. Once we can realize we are all individuals, we are all humans of the same genome, we all have value and worth, we are all (in this country) Americans, we can maybe try to get along.

When you say - some forms of racism - I agree and disagree. If on a dinner where 8 carpenters and 2 plumbers are invited it is the natural human response that those 2 plumbers talk to each other - we always gravitate to those we have something in common with. It is human nature. That is not racism. Racism is when you foster a hatred for a group of human beings of a different skin color along your life so much so you want them to have a hard life. Racism at its ugliest is when that ugly hatred turns into the mindless murder of those human beings.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
A white man, who dresses in apartheid-era political flags, goes to a historical Black Church in the U.S. He stays there an hour, then shoots and kills nine black people. One of them is a State Senator. As he does so, he shouts racial slurs, blaming the Church-goers for plaguing the country and "raping [white peoples'] women". This is the story of the Charleston shooting on Wednesday night.

To my mind, there is absolutely no doubt that this attack was racially motivated. There is also no doubt that it was aimed at terrorising the black community in the U.S. Furthermore, deliberately killing a Senator, and supporting apartheid regimes, implicates a solid political intent.

Yet, major news outlets and an endless thread of comment forums, including this one, are ravaged with denial. "Let's wait for the facts" (you have them), "stop making everything about race" (it is about race), "stop getting people outraged about racism" (racism is something to be outraged about), and "it's not terrorism" (it is) seem to somehow be justifiable reactions.

You see, this is why America cannot resolve its issues of racism. America does not admit that these issues exist. And how can you ever resolve something that, in your mind, does not even exist

If a black man kills/hurts somebody, his enviroment, race, and upbringing is blame, he's laballed a thug and that there is a deep, routed problem in society that breeds these type of people. On MSNBC a reporter asked a group of African American activists what the black community could do to prevent events like this happening! Seemingly rejecting the obvious underlying racism that exists and to ask such an insensitive question to a community who only several hours earlier suffered a viciously violent terrorist attack is unbelievable

Had this church shooter been a Muslim man, there would have wide spread media outrage at Islam (the religion) and at the global Muslim community. The religion would have been called supporters of terrorism and would have been asked to apologise for, (or condemn) his evil crime.

If a white man kills somebody, hes lablled a loner, mentally ill and forgot to take his medicine. His religion is never brought into it and he would never be labelled a terroist, hough he has probably been heavily influenced by right wing media and militia.

White right wing militias is one of the greatest threats to public safety. In post 9/11 white American culture has become increasingly pathological but they will not look at what is radicalizing white men to commit such acts of domestic terrorism and mass shootings. Fox News and other right wing media encourage it. Which is why 'America' is often referred to as 'AmerKKKa.'

Wow, so much BS it's going to be hard to get through it all.

First, I've not seen anyone deny that this was about race. Obviously this was a racist attack against black people. However, excuse us if we don't get all up in arms about it. Remember the black thug game knock out? Where they'd pick a random white person and try to knock them out in one hit? Where was your outrage about racism then?

Second, we are over the racism. I don't care if your black, white, brown, purple, or grey. Nor do 98% of americans. Racism, by any measure, is dead. You will have disturbed people who do racist things and this was absolutely one of those incidents. I hope the kid gets the death penalty. Not because he killed black people, not because he was racist, but because he killed 9 people.

Third, Islam teaches hatred. Islam teaches murder. Islam teaches terrorism. Islam is the root of the problem and there have been many, many incidents of islamic followers attacking people in the name of allah. I don't know if this kid was supposedly christian, but if he was, he wasn't living christianity. Conversely, the muslims attacking people were living islam. See the difference there?

Fourth, I already covered why his religion wasn't brought into it. We all k now he was heavily influenced by media and militia. Call it right wing if you'd like. But remember,the political spectrum isn't a line. It is a circle and the far left and far right are right next to each other on one side of the circle.

Fifth, Who are these "White right wing militias" you speak of? Please, explain. You say that we don't look at what is causing white men to commit terrorism and mass shootings, but we already know. In all of the other cases that come to mind, it was medications. It has nothing to do with fox news or other "right wing media" any more than it has to do with violent video games and movies.

Please stop with the sanctimonious BS and come back to earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Second, we are over the racism. I don't care if your black, white, brown, purple, or grey. Nor do 98% of americans. Racism, by any measure, is dead.

Really? In what wonderful imagination did you dream that number?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTrueFiction
a reply to: Dfairlite

Second, we are over the racism. I don't care if your black, white, brown, purple, or grey. Nor do 98% of americans. Racism, by any measure, is dead.

Really? In what wonderful imagination did you dream that number?

I've known hundreds (maybe thousands) of people in my life, all throughout the US. I can think of maybe a handful who cared about people's race. No, I didn't do a formal poll. Do you care about race? How many people in this thread care about race?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Left wing media point the finger at "white america" everytime a black person is shot by a white person. They are both just as racist and divisive, just in different ways and go ignored by those that follow their cults.

Look, I get angry everytime I hear white people tell me how lucky we are, that we get to "mooch off the tax payer now" and get spit on because addiction and alcoholism is rampant, and all the other racist crap that gets tossed at us.

I can see how a hardworking white guy, busting his ass just to live, could get angry at hearing from the left wing media how privileged his life has been because he was born white.

It's all divisive, and stirs up anger, which simmers into hatred. Neither is "less evil".

Thank You!

This is what I've said about this stupid "White Privilege" thing since I first heard the term. My life has been a CONSTANT struggle. My race (I'm 1/4 Native American, but look more white so, I guess that's what I am) has never benefited me. In fact, it has been a hindrance.

My mom (a single mom, BTW) raised me not to judge by looks, but whether or not the PERSON is evil at heart. But, I have found out that it matters not how I treat people, because it's always assumed that I am racist. Simply because my skin is white and I happen to believe in personal responsibility in life.

I totally get where you are coming from, I was raised very poor and was looked down on most of my life. But, the big difference is, my mom was DENIED assistance. Because she was white. They actually told her, "Ma'am, if you were a minority, there would be something I could do for you." So while they didn't say "because you're white" that was clearly the intended meaning.

I will never forget that car ride home, or my mother's tears. But we raked, and scraped, and we survived. Often times on $20 a week for groceries for 2 people. Mom would let me eat, then she would eat what was left.

My point is this, I understand what you mean, because given the situation I grew up in, it made me mad to see all the other kids that got food stamps, and welfare money, and had toys, and video games, and all the other things that I didn't! Yes, it made me VERY mad!

I could have very easily grown up to be a racist beyond compare. BUT! I chose not to. I knew because my mom taught me, that the only way we were going to get out of the situation is if we bettered ourselves. And we eventually did. She got raises (spent 32 years at the same job!) And we moved up to a slightly better, but still not middle class, existence. This taught me to be self reliant, and have personal responsibility, and then I felt sorry for the other kids that grew up in my neighborhood, that got all that free stuff, the vast majority never learned that lesson! And that's just not good. Everyone should know that life lesson.

Rich kids are just as bad IMO. Just the opposite end of the income scale, but the same lesson is never learned by them either. those parents that say "I don't want my kid to grow up poor like I did!" Have great intentions, but the results are exactly the same.

So, I can see how some whites would resent that minorities get help. And it definitely does fuel racism, you are correct.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join