It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AmeriKKKa

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

originally posted by: InTrueFiction
a reply to: Dfairlite

Second, we are over the racism. I don't care if your black, white, brown, purple, or grey. Nor do 98% of americans. Racism, by any measure, is dead.

Really? In what wonderful imagination did you dream that number?

I've known hundreds (maybe thousands) of people in my life, all throughout the US. I can think of maybe a handful who cared about people's race. No, I didn't do a formal poll. Do you care about race? How many people in this thread care about race?

That is great - and I mean it. It is great to be surrounded by good people - in your case a thousand good people you can vouch for. But not a demonstration of 98% of Americans in any way. Especially given the many events that are coming to light these days. Racism isn't dead just because you know one thousand people.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
To the OP...I hear you! You are 100% right that this was about race. A mentally ill white man committed pre-meditated, multiple murder and should be hung on live TV for the whole world to see. I agree with you and I happen to be a white male. What I don't agree with is the tone of your post. You seem to imply, correct me if I'm wrong, that this is all a one way street. White people don't recognize that there are lunatic, racist people out there. You are wrong...we do...I do. But they are few and far between. And while I can't even remember the last time a black man killed multiple white people...you are still missing a part of the whole problem. Going by percentages and percentages only, there are far more violent crimes committed by a higher percentage of black people. Way more than white people. Yes...I would say white people hold the trophy for violent, mass murder. But while that may be one in a million...violent crime by black people is more like one in a thousand. Of course, I'm pulling numbers out of my ass...but you get the point.

As a white man, I will wear the problem of mass murder and it will be corrected once we get rid of the liberal government that pretends that everyone (including the nut cases) should be treated equally. They shouldn't. They should be locked up and given proper attention. But then you need to take responsibility for the far too disproportionate crime committed by the black community. That is also out of hand and needs to be addressed.

So yes...hang this guy and be sure to let everyone know this type of action will not be tolerated.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Being distant I keep getting confused by these statements - majority vs minority, black vs white etc. Being distant from your country and never having lived there I have to ask - aren't you all american? Because to us outside you are all 100% american regardless of the details you think separates you.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

a reply to: Dfairlite

Second, we are over the racism. I don't care if your black, white, brown, purple, or grey. Nor do 98% of americans. Racism, by any measure, is dead.

Really? In what wonderful imagination did you dream that number?

I've known hundreds (maybe thousands) of people in my life, all throughout the US. I can think of maybe a handful who cared about people's race. No, I didn't do a formal poll. Do you care about race? How many people in this thread care about race?

That is great - and I mean it. It is great to be surrounded by good people - in your case a thousand good people you can vouch for. But not a demonstration of 98% of Americans in any way. Especially given the many events that are coming to light these days. Racism isn't dead just because you know one thousand people.

Well, statistically speaking you only need a random sample of about 700-1000 people to have a view of the whole population so numbers isn't an issue. The makeup of my sample is probably not good enough though. It is not spread very well across demographics such as age, race and family status and it isn't a snapshot taken at one moment in time.

What has to be realized is that there are 300 million people in the US. About 180 million of them are adults. That means we need 3.6 million racists to be at 2%. Seems doable, right? But, how many racists are there per event like the one we are talking about?

It all boils down to what you call racist. If you're sensitive and think that any observation of race is racist, then we are way above 2%, probably closer to 30%. If you look at (what I call) real racist events (ie, denying a job, refusing association, or violent acts against a race) I bet we're pretty close to my 2%.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Being distant I keep getting confused by these statements - majority vs minority, black vs white etc. Being distant from your country and never having lived there I have to ask - aren't you all american? Because to us outside you are all 100% american regardless of the details you think separates you.

Yes, most of us view americans as americans. One of the problems we have with moving past race is that it is embedded in our legal system. We have "protected classes" and what not. Our legal system doesn't view everyone as equal so it makes it difficult to move past this because everyone is fighting to become the next "protected class".

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
(Another) Manchurian candidate-type is "activated" and executes his program.

Two goals:

1) Advance population disarmament agenda; and,

2) Manufacture racial division.

I don't believe for a second that "whitey hating on the coloreds" has anything to do with this.

We're just being played like a fiddle. And out-of-tune, but no one notices (or cares).

You got it brother. You just hit the nail on the head and it sickens
me that probably for the next couple months, the media is going to play this fiddle
of racial division, and at the same time, all the gun control issues are springing up
again.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Valiant effort, but you are never going to get the majority of people on this website to admit racism is a problem.

They claim racism doesn't exists...or better yet, they claim only black people or people who call out racism is the cause of racism. Even in these comments, they are blaming YOU for making it about race.

There are a lot of people who are racist at the core of their being, and denying that racism is a problem is the only way they can justify themselves being who they are.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What I don't agree with is the tone of your post. You seem to imply, correct me if I'm wrong, that this is all a one way street. White people don't recognize that there are lunatic, racist people out there. You are wrong...we do...I do. But they are few and far between.

The last line of this quote...this is exactly OP's point.

You are trying to write off this incident as someone who was "crazy"...so he doesn't count. And saying that that there are very few racist people in America.

You either don't get our much...or you just don't notice it because it doesn't affect you.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Is everyone in your country all the same? I bet not. Humans have never been of one mind in any group or civilization in all of history.

We happen to have a very diverse population. The good old American Melting Pot. We have all the problems that arise from it.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

What I don't agree with is the tone of your post. You seem to imply, correct me if I'm wrong, that this is all a one way street. White people don't recognize that there are lunatic, racist people out there. You are wrong...we do...I do. But they are few and far between.

The last line of this quote...this is exactly OP's point.

You are trying to write off this incident as someone who was "crazy"...so he doesn't count. And saying that that there are very few racist people in America.

You either don't get our much...or you just don't notice it because it doesn't affect you.

No, seems to me they put it rather plainly.

Yes, there are some very bad racist white people, and they are crazy.
Yes, we are aware they exist.
They are few and far between.

If you read anything other than that out of that paragraph, then I submit that you are assuming a lot. How is that excusing anything? It's blatantly accepting the facts.

Do you think that there is some sort of magic wand that can make all people suddenly get along, and love one another? Because I got some sad news for you, the world has crazy, idiotic people. Always has, always will. Are you going to keep blaming the specific group of people those people come from, or accept that some people are just crazy?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: poncho1982

I know that happened too fast to save those people. Maybe someone would have killed the killer instead of him getting away. The victims had been shot multiple times, so were probably dead or incapacitated on first rounds.

If he had time to stop and reload several times, there was ample opportunity to take him down. Period.

That's the difference between target practice and training. A trained gun owner is ready for that very scenario.

I'm an atheist but was raised in a very religious background so must say. Any man or woman that walks into a church wearing a gun might as well not go because they understand nothing about the entire philosophy the christian faith itself stands for. The temple is sacred. To put it shortly the meaning of sacred is purity in its most clear self - something nothing profane can touch. When the profane touches the sacred the sacred is gone. This is paramount to the faith - when the profane touches the holy, the holy is no more.

So bringing weapons and violence to the temple is the most profane thought against the very sacred element of the church. That is why cowards always attack the churches of their enemies - whether through bombing or shooting - to defile the sacred meaning that people see in it.

I'm an atheist but respect other peoples' religious views - the thought of a bunch of people holding weapons during mass in a church is I'm sure more offensive to the faith than anything I have ever said.

Mathew 10:34 : Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword. -- Jesus

Luke 22:35 : Then Jesus said to them, “When I sent you out with no money bag, or traveler’s bag, or sandals, you didn’t lack anything, did you?” They replied, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, the one who has a money bag must take it, and likewise a traveler’s bag too. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one. 37 For I tell you that this scripture must be fulfilled in me, ‘And he was counted with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me is being fulfilled.” 38 So they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” Then he told them, “It is enough.”

Carrying a gun in church to protect fellow believers is 100% OK.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

You forgot to add "39" before your own interpretation of those texts written thousands of years ago by people by the way never had any actual contact with the person called Jesus if it ever existed. It isn't conspiracy it is basic theology - there is no written text in the bible that was written by someone that witnessed Jesus in their lifetime. But verse "so bring weapons to church" I'm sure is definitely very hard to find - or not. The great thing about christianity is that you get to make it up as you go along.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: n00bUK

I agree with much of what you said. But it seems like you're assuming some people don't want it to stay like this. Just remember, the US only ended racial segregation in 1964. And it took some states much longer to implement this racial integration. And interracial marriage bans were overturned in the 1967 Supreme Court case Loving v Virginia. during Segregation, we were literally 2nd class citizens & only had some of the rights & benefits that "white" people had.

As you can probably guess, many of the people who supported racial segregation & its many consequences are still alive today. You can't assume they all changed their beliefs just because the US government changed its laws. I believe it'll take another 40-50 years before a super-majority of Americans will be beyond the issue of "race".

And when some of these places were forced to integrate the schools, they weren't happy. They cut school funding and stuck their kids in private schools. Wonderful, so now the minority families that don't have enough money for private school have to send their children to underfunded schools with out dated textbooks and poorly paid teachers.

A lot of people forget about that...

I agree with you. It's also the reason many of those same people moved out of the major cities into suburbs. And many people forget "the Massive Resistance", which was Virginia's attempt to fight the Civil rights movement & integration. There was even a conservative scare tactic that "race mixing is communism", as this iconic photo of a Little Rock, Arkansas protest shows.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If you feel the need to carry a gun everywhere you go, doesn't that say there is something wrong with your country?

Just reading the latest threads and replies and it seems to me there are people going out of their way to avoid calling this a racist act, they prefer to blame drugs, mental illness..etc.

Conservative media had a hand in this, with their constant fear mongering. Now not all conservatives are racist, but they sure do have a lot in their camp.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos
If you feel the need to carry a gun everywhere you go, doesn't that say there is something wrong with your country?

Just reading the latest threads and replies and it seems to me there are people going out of their way to avoid calling this a racist act, they prefer to blame drugs, mental illness..etc.

Conservative media had a hand in this, with their constant fear mongering. Now not all conservatives are racist, but they sure do have a lot in their camp.

And you know this how? That's a lot like saying I'm not racist but ...

This had racial animus, yes, but I still think that anyone who acts like this almost has to also be crazy. No one sane can sit and engage with people for an hour and still shoot them in cold blood even if you harbor racial animus. How could a normal person NOT start to humanize after an hour?

I just have a hard time not believing that.

The guy who tried to shoot up the Family Research Council didn't do that. He tried to storm the place. The guy who shot up the outside of the Jewish Community Center drove up and opened fire. The man who shot all those Sikhs stormed the place. All of them acted on their person animus; all of them are arguably sane and did not try to engage with their targets.

This guy was different. The animus was there, but he was also nuts.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos
I carry lots of tools everywhere I go, it really says nothing. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Boyscout mentality really. I rarely need my knife, but those times that I have needed it, I sure am glad I have it. Same as my gun. I try my best to prepare for the worst case scenarios, than go on about my life as normal.

edit on Sat, 20 Jun 2015 18:35:45 -0700 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos

It's the Liberal media that is dividing us. Their constant publicizing of anything they know will incite the black community is for that purpose only.

How can he NOT be crazy? No sane person would do what he did no matter how much they don't like someone.

Racist? Sure, we've established that. I see no one here denying he was racist. Not sure how you can even say otherwise.

He is most definitely crazy, insane, psycho, wackadoo, nuts, kooky, mad, bonkers, screwball, deranged, demented, batty, cuckoo.....take your pick.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

Racism in America is a conversation for everybody. It is an issue we must all try an resolve, and honestly all try and live with, as there will always be some forms of racism. Once we can realize we are all individuals, we are all humans of the same genome, we all have value and worth, we are all (in this country) Americans, we can maybe try to get along.

When you say - some forms of racism - I agree and disagree. If on a dinner where 8 carpenters and 2 plumbers are invited it is the natural human response that those 2 plumbers talk to each other - we always gravitate to those we have something in common with. It is human nature. That is not racism. Racism is when you foster a hatred for a group of human beings of a different skin color along your life so much so you want them to have a hard life. Racism at its ugliest is when that ugly hatred turns into the mindless murder of those human beings.

True, but like there will always be criminals, always be those that take advantage of others, there will always be those that hate others for their race. I would that we could one day get beyond this but we do not live in a utopia. So part of the conversation is, how do we not only work towards ending racism, but live with racism. Recognize we're all different? Start a massive anti-racist shaming campaign? lol that might be fun

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

One place to start might be admit and accept that different races, cultures and creeds have their very real differences and will tend to group naturally and admitting that is not racism, it's fact. That different cultures and creeds will value different things so people who come from those backgrounds will have differing strengths, weaknesses and interests. Therefore, you will find them grouped differently across different occupations in society. Acknowledging that is not racism.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The evidence is evolving.

It now appears the Charleston shooter was not a hard core racist predisposed to committing violent hate crimes, and didn't exhibit any obvious signs of psychopathy although often times well hidden.

A pattern is emerging that justifies a closer examination of the MK-ULTRA mind control theory.

source: www.infowars.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join