It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ninjadan9
IMO, there should be a stricter age limit for owning a gun. If you are under 30 years old, you should be prohibited from owning any gun. I believe enacting this law could prevent at least 35% of gun crimes in the country.

Approximately a third (34%) of murder victims and almost half (49%) of the off enders were under age 25

Source

What does ATS think?

They could also extend that so that you've got to have an IQ above a certain level too, that would probably stop even more.

I'm sure the ones who think that gun crime would be reduced if more people had guns are from the lower end of the intellectual spectrum.

Or just stop all gun ownership - why the flip does anyone in a civilised society need one?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

IMO, there should be a stricter age limit for owning a gun. If you are under 30 years old, you should be prohibited from owning any gun. I believe enacting this law could prevent at least 35% of gun crimes in the country.

Approximately a third (34%) of murder victims and almost half (49%) of the off enders were under age 25

Source

What does ATS think?

You don't want to know what I think, but I don't agree with you.

When will people realize that criminal don't care about Laws, they will get guns anyway. You would only be taking guns from good citizens.
edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: add 's

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Because I want them, and a piece of fancy paper says I can have them.

If you don't want one, that's great. Good for you.

Keep your mitts off mine.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Felons cannot own or possess a firearm so has one ever been found with one?

Certain urban areas prohibit some firearms. Are people found to be carrying them there?

Making firearms illegal isn't going to be much of a remedy any time soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

Source

What does ATS think?

They could also extend that so that you've got to have an IQ above a certain level too, that would probably stop even
more.

I'm sure the ones who think that gun crime would be reduced if more people had guns are from the lower end of the intellectual spectrum.

Or just stop all gun ownership - why the flip does anyone in a civilised society need one?

Most mass murders/serial killers have high IQ's. lol

You should add that only people who make over 100k
per year can own guns. SMH

edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: move text

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
//double post
edit on 6/18/2015 by ninjadan9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ninjadan9

solved

edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: post was edited

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

Yes, I deleted it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Source

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That says a lot 12.6% of a population makes up 52.5% of all murders in the US. They also added the Hispanic population to the White population. What is wrong with this info? Maybe by your standard the 12.% should not own guns.

Thank you for the info.
edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: add info

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It's not a white or black issue, it's an age issue. The majority of homicides in the U.S. are committed by mostly 18-24 year old, which the majority of them are gun-related.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
Really hope this isn't spun into a racial issue...that is unless they actually find KKK paraphernalia in his house or something...

Of course it's going to be a racial issue. they are already calling it a hate crime before the first news story even broke. Black violence on white folks is happening every day and yet it's never labeled a hate crime by the news media but this one is before we even know the story. If it was a black guy walked into a white church they wouldn't be calling it a hate crime this quickly, or ever. Think about it folks, all the police shooting unarmed black kids causing all out riots and now this, and so quick to call it a hate crime. It's as if they are once again trying to stir up the riots and eventually, a race war...what better way to declare martial law.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It clearly is an issue if you look at the stats (that you provided)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2wheelvet

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thats what I see on a Twitter post:
EVODE ‏@Evode7 3m3 minutes ago

A white terrorist believed to be in his 20s apparently went into a Black Church and started shooting. About 8 people dead. #southcarolina

Annoying how everything is 'terrorist' related now. Can't just be a crazy guy anymore, everything must be terrorism.

Because this fits the definition of terrorism which is the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. he wasn't there to rob the place and things got outta control.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

Seems Hillary is questioning the gun violence in America .

www.9news.com.au...

Also your president .

"Once again, innocent people were killed in part because someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting their hands on a gun," he said.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yes more than half of the homicides are committed by blacks which only comprise of 12% of the population. It's probably both a race and an age issue if you think about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes, then you can look at the sex another big issue.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
Question:

Neither Adam nor Eve were black -- does that mean "God" was / is a racist

Both genetic Adam and Eve were black , A god or goddess can be racist but nature is not.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That is a BS unproven theory, Sub-Saharan Africa is not the origin of man.

edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: wanted to

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Make all gun manufacturers responsible for their enabling
of gun related crime . As they start to fork out large sums to
innocent victims , they will demand better screening of
their customers ......

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join