It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Why is it ok to use an event like this to stand on the soap box and talk about how guns will solve this but not ok to do the reverse?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Darkmind

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: retiredTxn

Yeah it mattered so much to a white kid that he walked into a church and killed nine black people. But let's leave race out of it...

And said white kid had a jacket with the flags of Apartheid-era South Africa and Rhodesia sewn on. Come to think of it, where the hell would he even have gotten the latter?

Perhaps the same place he got the gun? As a gift from his father? We don't know the dynamic or personal beliefs of the father yet....so it could go either way there. It is plausible though...

The bile he spewed to that witness had to have come from somewhere. Family? Friends? The Internet? The insane cowardly madman cowering in the corner of his brain? We don't know yet. But the warning signs must have been there, somewhere. Who failed to spot them? Or worse, who failed to realise that his blatherings were actually serious? This entire thing just breaks my heart. So much hatred, so much mindless hatred. And for what? His life is now effectively over.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

This "child" was an adult when he was given the gun, he is 21 years old. At that point, he is no longer a child and responsible for his own actions, regardless.

I suppose that 'child' was the wrong term in hindsight.

edit on 18-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Logarock

I'm sorry but what I asked was 'what parent gives his child a gun as a present?' And I used the sicko remark in another post.

And for the record I'm more acute than obtuse and everybodys crap sticks to the wall if they throw enough of it.

Ok but you did use the occasion to besmirch anyone that would give, in this case a 21 year old which is hardly a child, a child a gun. Millions do it every year without these sort of results, so the conclusion is hardly supported by facts.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah it mattered so much to a white kid that he walked into a church and killed nine black people. But let's leave race out of it...

And said white kid had a jacket with the flags of Apartheid-era South Africa and Rhodesia sewn on. Come to think of it, where the hell would he even have gotten the latter?

Perhaps the same place he got the gun? As a gift from his father? We don't know the dynamic or personal beliefs of the father yet....so it could go either way there. It is plausible though...

The bile he spewed to that witness had to have come from somewhere. Family? Friends? The Internet? The insane cowardly madman cowering in the corner of his brain? We don't know yet. But the warning signs must have been there, somewhere. Who failed to spot them? Or worse, who failed to realise that his blatherings were actually serious? This entire thing just breaks my heart. So much hatred, so much mindless hatred. And for what? His life is now effectively over.

And there are 9 lives that are literally over. That is the sad part.

link   
a reply to: Annee

everything always comes out in the wash.

link   

I'm sorry but what I asked was 'what parent gives his child a gun as a present?'

And for the record I'm more acute than obtuse and everybodys crap sticks to the wall if they throw enough of it.

I have a lot of friends and family who regularly give guns & ammo as gifts. It's not that bizarre... especially in more rural areas.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Not okay to talk about what it really was, apparently.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

originally posted by: retiredTxn

originally posted by: AmericanZombie
a reply to: Kali74

You know this how?

Those who classify every incident as a hate crime or not, think they are helping, but they are the problem. This was a crime against humanity. But no, lets gin it up and call Rev. Al. Never mind, he just showed up.

But should not race as a motivation be discussed, since the killer is quoted as saying he killed the people because they rape our woman and are taking over our country. If that quote is true. It sure seems like race at the very least was one of the motivations the killer had to kill.

If that quote is true. It may have been what he said. If we could wait until it's confirmed, would be much better. I do not deny it may have been about race, but lets get the facts first. Remember the pool incident in McKinney, Tx? It was said the lady who broke up the fight in the street was hurling racial slurs during the time she was trying to break up that fight. Come to find out, that story has been recanted after review of the short tape shows she didn't say anything. A blogger in Dallas was the one who started most of that talk, and he was the same one who started demanding she be fired.

He may well be a racist to the nth degree, which is most likely, but does that make it a hate crime? If he is deranged, it could be one or the other. This is the most heinous of crimes that could be perpetrated by anyone. Why try to make it more, when there is nothing more heinous than it already is?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well the guy did shoot nine people dead in a church, in hindsight the father might've regretted that decision but that's for another time.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Shamrock6

a reply to: AmericanZombie

Yeah...I support FEMA camps, just like I supported the Dulce base.

Firepower equals empowerment to sickos like this.

You realize that you are saying that any gun owner is a sicko.

But yea.....power to the people...2nd amendment. A philosophy with justification well demonstrated through history and encapsulated in the constitution.

Pretty sure they said "sickos like this." I took that to mean nutjobs with a chip on their shoulder.

He said firepower as it equals empowerment.......thats whats behind the constitution and the 2nd. He should clarify a bit better or folks need to read better.

You're right, folks should read better.

The comment was "firepower equals empowerment to sickos like this."

Which you then spun into "all gun owners are sickos like this and firepower is empowerment to them."

See the difference?

Right but firepower mean empowerment to a lot of people. Like the little old lady that killed a home intruder down the road the other day.

Does she feel empowered because she has a sense of safety? An ability to protect herself and her home and her cats?

Or does she feel empowered because now she can go out and shoot up a church?

The sense of empowerment between the two different types of "little old lady" is worlds apart. One is a sicko and the other isn't, and the feelings they have probably aren't the same.

link   

Well the guy did shoot nine people dead in a church, in hindsight the father might've regretted that decision but that's for another time.

Perhaps, but then, we do not know the father's personal viewpoint either. It is probable the father taught him that hate. Plausible, but not confirmed.

link   

Oh, so true. Shot by a hate-fuelled madman in a place of peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The news was saying that he failed the 9th grade and had to repeat it - that would put him at coming out of the 9th grade at about 15.

Then they said they could not find any further records of him at a school. So did he drop out at 15 when he could?

Was he learning disabled?
If he was, I wonder how he'd be attracted to a patch associated with apartheid in South Africa.
Even his hair cut looks out of place with who I'm told he was.

It's just weird.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh, so true. Shot by a hate-fuelled madman in a place of peace.

How do you know it was a peaceful place? Have you ever watched Preachers of LA? There is far too much speculation going on.
edit on 18-6-2015 by AmericanZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm sorry but what I asked was 'what parent gives his child a gun as a present?'

Its actually very common in the rural US. I received my first, a 22 rifle, when I was about 7. Obviously, usage was under strict supervision by my parents. My experience was hardly unusual, either.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow...

Can't we fix this?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hogwash.

He should be in media, if he isn't already.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Would you be so enraged if this had only been reported as a 21 year old male killed 9 members of a church?

I think I know the answer..

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanZombie

You are speculating it wasn't peaceful, and your evidence is preachers out of LA?

That is on there side of the nation then where this happened...
Only person with wild speculation here is you.
edit on thThu, 18 Jun 2015 17:25:17 -0500America/Chicago620151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join