It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My house has been destroyed by a para-military unit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Holy crap! Now that is a hell of a lot of damage to get one shoplifter armed with a pistol.

www.denverpost.com...

A man whose Greenwood Village home was destroyed by police in a barricade situation is angry, claiming police used excessive force to get the job done.

"My house has been destroyed by a para-military unit," owner Leo Lech said Friday. "We'll have to basically doze it down to the foundation."

Lech said Police Chief John Jackson told him: " 'Well, we did what we had to do.' "

"One suspect with a hand gun and they have to use this kind of force?" Lech said.

The incident started Wednesday when Aurora police responded to a report of shoplifting at a Walmart, 9400 E. Hampden Ave., and the suspect was fleeing in a vehicle.

The shoplifting suspect drove to a light rail station, where he ditched the car and took off on foot, police said. He randomly picked Lech's home to hide in. A 9-year-old boy, escaped the home unharmed.

edit on 5-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They don't take kindly to Walmart shoplifters in those parts.

+52 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Some police apparently get some kind of high going on when they get to destroy or shoot something. They become non-human around that point and become fixated on (to ripoff Pantera here) a vulgar display of power.
What other excuse can there possibly be to destroy an innocent man's home over a shoplifting incident that probably wasn't worth $20 to begin with?

This is insanity on display. We're already seeing signs of the same careless disregard for the lives of people as well as their pets.

Best way to make this stop is garnish their wages until the damages are paid for.
I bet that would curb this kind of craziness very quickly.
edit on 5-6-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They will get their perp by any means necessary. Whether that requires them to kill a pet, throw explosives into a crib, shoot a 7 year old in the head as they sleep, or destroy a family's home. Their policy guides them down the most destructive route possible.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This guy needs to file a million dollar law suit over this. This is WAY over the top, and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Unfortunately, they probably will.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
OMFG!!! WTH is wrong with cops nowadays????
Do cops have no conscious? It seems they have no acts of interests for innocent people!

edit on 5-6-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ach, it'll polish out. A wee nail here, a wee picture hung There and ye wont notice it. tis but a flesh wound.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Geez Louise, can't wait to see the video of that. What, they use gun ships?

Nah, just tactics.

Room to room, tossing grenades.

Brata-tat-tat. Boom! Budda budda, boom ba Boom!

Clear? Clear!

Glory be be to the powers that be for militarizing the puhleaseles for without all that fire power they would just be civil servants.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The home is insured, by Safeco Insurance, for $260,000, Lech said. The claim is being reviewed and a clause about damage caused by "government agencies" may void coverage, he said.

Better check your insurance policies, kids.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Holy crap.

What the hell did he shoplift? WMDs?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Holy crap! Now that is a hell of a lot of damage to get one shoplifter armed with a pistol.

To be honest, if you have a gun then you should expect this.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

This is insanity on display. We're already seeing signs of the same careless disregard for the lives of people as well as their pets.

Best way to make this stop is garnish their wages until the damages are paid for.
I bet that would curb this kind of craziness very quickly.

This just may be the answer.......garnish the wage of the officers involved and not sending a bill to the city....

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This reminds me of the opening scene of 'Team America: World Police' . If you have seen this movie then you know what I am talking about. Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I expect a negotiator to get the person to surrender while keeping the situation contained, if not, a precision sniper shot if the situation demands it. Not "urban renewal" on some poor guy's house.

Dynamic entry... from multiple blown entry points for a non-hostage situation with one perpetrator?

Must have been the opportunity to "practice".
edit on 5-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That is just unacceptable.
Are you sure this isn't a joke?
Looks like they called in airstrikes on the place!

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: infolurker

To be honest, if you have a gun then you should expect this.

So this homeowner that did nothing wrong should have expected this?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't know if you or anyone else took notice to this part of the story:

The home is insured, by Safeco Insurance, for $260,000, Lech said. The claim is being reviewed and a clause about damage caused by "government agencies" may void coverage, he said.

Safeco could not be reached for comment Friday.

So not only did a SWAT team destroy the mans house, the insurance company is likely to void the coverage because the "government" did the damage.

I hope the man sues and takes that department to the ringer.

If it were a citizen that did that kind of damage to a house, or if a homeowner did that kind of damage to his own home, he'd be arrested and charged for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Actually I guess we shouldn't be surprised. They actually burned a house freeking down to get Dorner.

Holy crap, whatever we do, don't give them surplus napalm, WP grenades, or flame throwers to go with the MRAPs.

+13 more 
link   
If the guy continues to live in the house without repairing it, the government would no doubt condemn his house.... when they created the situation.

Anyone see how screwed up our country has become?

link   

Stuff happens in Aurora it seems.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join