It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My house has been destroyed by a para-military unit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is insane. The home owner didn't commit the crime so why should he be shouldered with the cost of repairing his home that the POLICE tore up? All this over a Walmart shoplifter?

The police department, City of Aurora, or the county should pay to have his home fixed.

I'm starting to believe Walmart (and places like it) are the ones really running things in this country, and I've about had enough.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

No nonononononono

Ive had a policeman run over my mailbox in a chase. I had a nice 200 dollar check from it a month later... This guy is NOT shouldering the cost unless his county is backwards and ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

No nonononononono

Ive had a policeman run over my mailbox in a chase. I had a nice 200 dollar check from it a month later... This guy is NOT shouldering the cost unless his county is backwards and ridiculous.

Ummmmm,

From the OP:

Greenwood Village has also contacted its insurance agency about the incident, said Matt Cohrs, assistant to the city manager. He described the home as a crime scene.

"We have already begun working with our insurance carrier," Cohrs said.

Both parties — the city and homeowner — should be working with insurers, Cohrs said.

"I can't speculate to terms of responsibility," Cohrs said. "There is a process that needs to be followed in what or may not happen."

So, the city AND the homeowner must work with their insurers.

However, there is this tidbit:

The home is insured, by Safeco Insurance, for $260,000, Lech said. The claim is being reviewed and a clause about damage caused by "government agencies" may void coverage, he said.

Even if his insurance covers the damage, his premiums will go through the roof or he may be dropped by his insurance company all together.

The PD or the city needs to pay for this. He didn't ask for this to happen to his property, he didn't break the law, and I am SURE he didn't give consent for them to tear his place up like that. And all this over some DB shoplifting from Walmart? Ridiculous.

A mailbox and a house are not even on the same page...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Home owners insurance does not pay for the damages caused by an ATF raid/or any law enforcement agency.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: paraphi

I expect a negotiator to get the person to surrender while keeping the situation contained, if not, a precision sniper shot if the situation demands it. Not "urban renewal" on some poor guy's house.

Dynamic entry... from multiple blown entry points for a non-hostage situation with one perpetrator?

Must have been the opportunity to "practice".

When you have all of those army war toys, you have to use them when the opportunity--even if a poor one-arises. Just think of the fun of it, like paint ball extreme! Throw grenades like the big boys, and they get paid and commendations!

link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
a reply to: Char-Lee

House was in Greenwood Village, which is a nice area. Million dollar neighborhoods over there.

Ah
The driving distance from Greenwood Village, Colorado to Aurora, Colorado is: 13 miles
I had noticed the same news showing the batman killings another odd occurrence.

In this case I wonder if they have been watching too much Rambo over there in the police precinct!
edit on 5-6-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

No nonononononono

Ummmmm,

From the OP:

Greenwood Village has also contacted its insurance agency about the incident, said Matt Cohrs, assistant to the city manager. He described the home as a crime scene.

"We have already begun working with our insurance carrier," Cohrs said.

Both parties — the city and homeowner — should be working with insurers, Cohrs said.

"I can't speculate to terms of responsibility," Cohrs said. "There is a process that needs to be followed in what or may not happen."

So, the city AND the homeowner must work with their insurers.

However, there is this tidbit:

The home is insured, by Safeco Insurance, for $260,000, Lech said. The claim is being reviewed and a clause about damage caused by "government agencies" may void coverage, he said.

Even if his insurance covers the damage, his premiums will go through the roof or he may be dropped by his insurance company all together.

The PD or the city needs to pay for this. He didn't ask for this to happen to his property, he didn't break the law, and I am SURE he didn't give consent for them to tear his place up like that. And all this over some DB shoplifting from Walmart? Ridiculous.

A mailbox and a house are not even on the same page...

Like I said... My check wasn't issued from the City of S****L**** but it was issued from their insurance carrier. I know everyone here are ready to jump on the cops... and look I agree, this was ridiculous... BUT I know DARN WELL he will be getting a check.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm starting to believe Walmart (and places like it) are the ones really running things in this country, and I've about had enough.

Well, this story certainly illustrates just who's property the police are protecting. Priorities!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

The city has insurances too, you know.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Well, this story certainly illustrates just who's property the police are protecting. Priorities!

Not when raided looking for "Fast And Furious Weapons" LOST on the border of AZ and Mexico.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The city has insurances too, you know.

Not if an unincorporated district out in the boonies ranch land (I am trying to tell a secret story not too obvious).
edit on 5-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Every single solitary police force in America has insurance.... Put that in a pipe and smoke it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Every single solitary police force in America has insurance.... Put that in a pipe and smoke it.

What are you speaking of; a private militia force that is self insured? You CANNOT SUE the federal government if you are raided by ATF agents on a perceived gun violation. You go to trial (look forward to years in litigation); all in the hope you prevail, the raid was illegal and get your guns back. I know.
edit on 5-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

What are you speaking of; a private militia force that is self insured? You CANNOT SUE the federal government if you are raided by ATF agents on a perceived gun violation. You go to trial (look forward to years in litigation); all in the hope you prevail, the raid was illegal and get your guns back. I know.

with all due respect... what are you on right now? what are you talking about?

This was the police. Every police force in the US has insurance for damages to innocent people... GOOGLE IT... and stay of the stuff.

cheers.

edit- I humbly withdraw from the thread. Witch hunters will hunt regardless of logic and fact.

edit on 5-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm a huge supporter in the polices right to bulldoze a building if it's the right thing to do.... This scenario either has a lot of information we are not being told OR these cops are dicks lol.

As silly as it sounds these things need to happen for everyone else who has access to tanks and Rams so they go "alright when that panicky rookie calls me to come bulldoze a house for a dog poop incident, I should prolly think twice!"I know this should probably be common sense but that's not really in high supply now a days, next best thing we can hope for is a smooth learning process.

And besides, it's not like this dude isn't gonna get a brand new house paid for, so don't feel tooooo bad. Don't get me wrong, it sucks super bad but i wouldn't exactly call it tragic.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Egads!!!!!!! That's explosives. My husband is military, and says that is like a 1000lb laser guided bomb (LGB), or two properly placed blocks of C-4, but those would have to be carefully placed, which is highly unlikely with him shooting at them, or a minimum of four blocks of military-grade TNT. That's the opinion of an experienced soldier, trained as a combat engineer, and with training and experience as a battle damage assessment imagery analyst. Why would a police force have that stuff??? And, this was all for a shoplifter??? Plus, they cut off power and water to no just that hose, but neighbor's homes as well. Why?? Insurance payment or not, this man needs to OWN that police department.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: infolurker
Holy crap! Now that is a hell of a lot of damage to get one shoplifter armed with a pistol.

To be honest, if you have a gun then you should expect this.

Bull Smit

Can't wait till you come here crying about police brutality...because if you are a citizen, it's going to happen.

And then? Who cares? Not me.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Geez Louise, can't wait to see the video of that. What, they use gun ships?

Nah, just tactics.

Room to room, tossing grenades.

Brata-tat-tat. Boom! Budda budda, boom ba Boom!

Clear? Clear!

Glory be be to the powers that be for militarizing the puhleaseles for without all that fire power they would just be civil servants.

The hubby says (see above for his comments and experience) that grenades can't come close to calling that kind of damage.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
i wouldn't exactly call it tragic.

Why not?

oops...not your house.

got it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

No, I'd call it tragic if someone got hurt. Or if it was a hand crafted built by his great grand father house. Or a plethora of other reasons it could of been tragic.

I'm not trying to let these guys off the hooks. If there's no more to the story and these guys really went all bananas over shoplifting and a pistol then they are idiots. All I'm saying is it could of been a lot worse and hopefully others with the keys to the big toys take notice. Cheap(ish) lesson to learn.

Cops can be mega stupid sometimes and it works in our favor. Take the woman who's bedroom toy go confiscated during a MMJ raid, she's now the lead victim in this big case to get forfeiture laws fixed. She's getting all kinds of air play and news and it might just happen.... All because some cop pulled doofus move

Now in this case... Some cops bulldozed some poor guys house... No one was hurt.. Hopefully it gets a bunch of media and we get some change/reassurances about the use of this kind of force.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join