It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My house has been destroyed by a para-military unit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That is unbelievable! a reply to: infolurker

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Beelzebub on a biscuit!
Can you imagine?
You run to the corner market to grab a gallon of milk and come home to find your house ringed by police and you have to stand there and watch them destroy it?
When did it become law that cops can't back off and have a think when things don't go the way they expect? This is another obvious case of paranoia on the part of cops.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Good god almighty WT#. Somewhat ironic that the thief was uninjured during the altercation.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: lovebeck

No nonononononono

Ive had a policeman run over my mailbox in a chase. I had a nice 200 dollar check from it a month later... This guy is NOT shouldering the cost unless his county is backwards and ridiculous.

Ummmmm,

From the OP:

Greenwood Village has also contacted its insurance agency about the incident, said Matt Cohrs, assistant to the city manager. He described the home as a crime scene.

"We have already begun working with our insurance carrier," Cohrs said.

Both parties — the city and homeowner — should be working with insurers, Cohrs said.

"I can't speculate to terms of responsibility," Cohrs said. "There is a process that needs to be followed in what or may not happen."

So, the city AND the homeowner must work with their insurers.

However, there is this tidbit:

The home is insured, by Safeco Insurance, for $260,000, Lech said. The claim is being reviewed and a clause about damage caused by "government agencies" may void coverage, he said.

Even if his insurance covers the damage, his premiums will go through the roof or he may be dropped by his insurance company all together.

The PD or the city needs to pay for this. He didn't ask for this to happen to his property, he didn't break the law, and I am SURE he didn't give consent for them to tear his place up like that. And all this over some DB shoplifting from Walmart? Ridiculous.

A mailbox and a house are not even on the same page...

Like I said... My check wasn't issued from the City of S****L**** but it was issued from their insurance carrier. I know everyone here are ready to jump on the cops... and look I agree, this was ridiculous... BUT I know DARN WELL he will be getting a check.

Yess, he [may] get some compensation...result! NOT

What about losing his home and a lot of personal belongings, plus all the stress that it must be causing in the meantime whilst not being 100% sure how much he will get. Where will he be housed, how long will all this take [years]??

All this is happening to an innocent man and you think it's all good, because he [may] get some money???

I know cops can't do no wrong in your opinion [you probably think that the holes in the walls were "technically a good aim"], but any human with one braincell can see that this was unnecessary overkill.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the mere mention of the "Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department" being involved suddenly make it all add up?

It's like "OMG THAT IS TOTALLY UNBELIE.... Oh, Sheriff Joe's posse. Yeah, that's pretty much right in line with their entire way of doing things. Thank GOD they're so esteemed by law enforcement and Conservatives nationwide. Shining examples and beacons of freedom that lot..."

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Dang Heff, if he's reaching up into Colorado he's pretty far out of his jurisdiction.
This incident happened near Denver as I understand the OP's link.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Yeah, I stand corrected. The article does mention the Arapahoe County Sheriffs office - but now I'm realizing there is probably more than one Arapahoe county out there in the Rockies...

Then again, now that means there are two hyper aggressive Arapahoe County Sheriffs offices and that doesn't make me feel any better.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Holy crap.

What the hell did he shoplift? WMDs?

Haha...maybe it was one of the Jade Helm Walmarts, so good guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What do conservatives have anything to do with this? I recently lived just outside of Denver and the city and the surrounding suburbs are largely democrat. They have total control over the city government and the police/Sheriffs department. In Colorado the only areas that are largely liberal are Denver and Boulder, almost everywhere else is conservative. And the more "Liberal" Denver has become the worse the police have become there and in the surrounding counties. I honestly had to move out of the state because i was so sick of being harassed and illegally pulled over constantly while living in a town where the worst crime in 10 years was someone stealing a neighbors mail... I was once arrested for 2 days over a $10 muffler citation from a ski vacation 10 years ago, that the county clerk previously informed me after calling about 200 times, that the citation was dismissed. Also had a friend in lawchool walking to his car from a meeting with his professor (at the Denver court house) ,whom was also a judge, when a police officer ran him over at a cross walk. Poor guy was already on crutches with a torn ACL. But the police tried to say he was drunk and attempted to give him a public Intoxication. When the judge came out the cop jumped in his car and fled. He wasn't injured so he never pursued anything out of it.

Yet down the hill towards the city of Denver in the urban neighborhoods, the drug gangs there openly park their 200K sports cars in abandoned gas station recruiting the neighborhood kids to come sell for them with promises that if they work hard selling their dope that they will also one day have a 200K lambo. yet when i am in that part of town, there isn't a cop to be seen anywhere. Yet in a little quaint mountain town in the same county, there are about 50 cops parked alongside a 5 mile stretch of road with little more than a few Elk walking around. They get bored so they make up reason s to pull random people over. "You were swerving", "You accelerated too quickly", "your fallowing too closely to the car in front of you". You were in the left lane"...ALL resulting with the police officer shoving his head in he car with hi flashlight visually inspecting every little cranny. Then let you go with out even as much as a waning.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The hubby says (see above for his comments and experience) that grenades can't come close to calling that kind of damage.

I know. They wouldn't use frag in a neighborhood anyway. My point was more the style of clearing rooms in a combat zone in war.

Boom, next, boom, next. The police have become the military.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Boom, next, boom, next. The police have become the military.

Coming soon to political dissidents near you!

Purchase a government insurance policy to protect your home and finances from unwarranted destruction* when we come to town.

Like a good neighbor, your government is here!

*Destruction caused by government entities may not be covered.
edit on 6/6/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
He needs to go to ground level, because now the PD have to pay for a brand new modern house. I wouldn't be too put out

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I wonder why this doesn't show up the in the "flagged" column on ATS. It has more flags than anything else up there and is less than 24 hours old.

Just wondering?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Good god almighty WT#. Somewhat ironic that the thief was uninjured during the altercation.

That is the most shocking part. I have to assume that they didn't take the time to observe what room he was in or something.

It is almost inconceivable the tactics used here. You would expect to see something like this in a hostage rescue scenario or something.

MUST SEE THE NEWS VIDEO, it is worse than the picture, they took out the front and sides as well!

www.thedenverchannel.com... his-is-an-atrocity [link]

Link is long, look below to piece it together.

www....

thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/greenwood-village/owner-of-greenwood-village-house-blown-apart-by-swat-says-this-is-an-abomination-this-is-an-at rocity
edit on 6-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Ach, it'll polish out. A wee nail here, a wee picture hung There and ye wont notice it. tis but a flesh wound.
Agreed, top half looks timber framed, few lengths of 4x2, some cladding and a lick of paint, sorted.
The guy probably works behind a desk, "have to be demolished" ridiculous.

...in defence of the home owner though, the assault on his home for a thief is shockingly over the top by crazy police, and I'd screw them in the civil courts for everything I could get, but demolish his home for a complete rebuild, no, that's being silly now.
Do US cops not have negotiators for conflict situations?
Here in the UK it is rare for a building to be stormed, certainly never blitzed like in the OP, they usually wait the few hours and talk them out if there are no hostages.
...only in America eh.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP THIS IS THE POLICE !!!!

or lets kid on it is world of Warcraft guys after all the perp is a shoplifter

Only in Merica

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Guess what happens in St Louis if you don't pay your electric bill..www.blacklistednews.com...
ed it on 6-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I wonder how the situation would have been treated if the shoplifter had hid in the police chiefs house?

Cops are hell on wheels when it is non cops property.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

I like it.
That would stop no knock raids I would think.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Something else is going on here. While the police might have gone overboard, or maybe not. That's way to much damage for an explosion and some gun fight. What the house look like before hand? Why would a police force send so many bomb squad vehicles out to the house?

I find this whole issue very weird for those reasons. If the police did do this as reported, then I highly doubt they would waste the resources of the bomb squad, and allow reporters access the area.

On the other hand, if the "shoplifter" wasn't really shoplifting but rather conducting something nefarious (like planting pipe bombs at a local market) then I could understand why the police might not want to talk about that issue. Why cause a panic if you don't have to.

The other reason is a little outlandish, but still possible. This could have been the act of a "lone wolf" terrorist, and the police are not allowed to talk about it until the feds conduct their investigation.

This might be something, or it might be nothing. Either way I'm going to keep an eye on this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join