It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yea, that's what we would do it's called compromise. If I see them out there shaking there hands I'll be impressed, what do you thinks gonna happen. I can almost guarantee compromise is not what will occur, because they have a problem.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This one is challenging. I'm all against religious fundamentalism but I'm realist enough to understand that no matter what you do there is a fair chance that you would not succeed converting them from their believes. So yes, you should be able to draw as many Mohammeds as you like anywhere you like, but in reality you shouldn't cheer for the wrong team in sportsbar even though you have constitutional right to do so.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
all of you need to grow up ,this is satire you know comedy ...have you all forgotten monty python?????????????????
monty python

this is normal,and all you who bow to these crazy muslims should be ashamed of yourself's.
there is no allah,and as such all these people have mental health problems.

you seek to surpress my free speech in support of a class of people who have serious mental issues ,
then you are my enemy to,,and as such in the words of churchill "we will fight you on the beaches"

i dont care if it offends them,they obviously need to grow a backbone and stop acting like a bunch of cry baby sissies ,no wonder they wear dresses,its all oh they drew a picture of my imaginary god miss boohoo ,
religeon needs to be mocked as religeon is seeking to control others .

Wish I could do more, but sadly, this one star is all you will receive from me!!!!

Good post!

Quoted for truth!!!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ilpero

So cheering for the team that, wants to censor your thoughts an actions, and will use violence to achieve such censorship is appropriate . if they think they are bad asses here's their chance an open invitation come tell us what we can and can't do. There's really no side to this it's simple, people are exercising their freedom because there is a religion hellbent on destroying such freedoms.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

You decided to make that choice yourself.

I will not be told what I can or can't say period.

There are no qualifiers with that.

Again i agree to a point....but there is a line whether you choose to see it or not....

How far do we take this ?...and do you really believe that you have unrestricted freedom to say whatever you want to whomever you like at any time ?

Fact of life is there are consequences to actions....we may not agree with them but they are there....personally i see no power in a judge,yet if i was in court and i called the judge a dumb ass i would be sent to jail...even though i was exercising my right to free speech....

If i had a fat girlfriend and you called her a fat bitch in a pub and made her cry i would drag you outside and beat the living snot out of you...you may have the right to free speech but cross the wrong person and you will end up in ICU for it.....so again i ask where do we draw the line ?

(post by johnwick removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This song should.be playing on loud speakers at the event,

edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You would be in the wrong and dpne for assault.
it is all or nothing in my view freedom of speech has to allow freedom to offend.
I think the kids thing sticks and stones etc should be remembered by some.
Words and drawings.....why choose to be offended by any of them?.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh and just to loint out I speak out abput all religion not just islam.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Thank you sir, just doing my dudiligence. always agree with what you got to say thank you for your contribution.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You would be in the wrong and dpne for assault.
it is all or nothing in my view freedom of speech has to allow freedom to offend.
I think the kids thing sticks and stones etc should be remembered by some.
Words and drawings.....why choose to be offended by any of them?.

i really do not understand why they feel this way .... i would like to think it is because there is a medieval way of thinking that spurs them forth...but is it really that simple ?

What i do know is that if there is a fire and you stoke it you may get burnt and that is as simple as it gets

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My opinion: Both sides are equaly loathsome. The idiots who put on these events and the idiots who get so upset they feel the need to attack them. I hate them both equaly. And i suspect most rational people do to.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

So cheering for the team that, wants to censor your thoughts an actions, and will use violence to achieve such censorship is appropriate . if they think they are bad asses here's their chance an open invitation come tell us what we can and can't do. There's really no side to this it's simple, people are exercising their freedom because there is a religion hellbent on destroying such freedoms.

Oh I wish they would!

Isis is in for a rude awakening.

This is "merika" not Iraq.

Over here, we breed fighters, not followers.

They will learn, this is not the place to come and mess around.

You can't cut 2 heads off and take over a town here.

It just doesn't work that way.

In Indianapolis, about 10 years ago, a Mexican gang, MS13 came around, cutting off fingers and hands.

They just disappeared all at once, after the masses had enough.

This isn't mexico, you can't just cut off fingers and bully politicians into submission.

Along the Texas border, they are hanging Mexican police that have signs on them that say "silver or lead".

They think this will intimidate Texas police into cowering to them like they do in mexico.....

All these same types keep running into the same problem.

This is "Merika", that bs does not work here!!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Dude truly i get where you are coming from and i agree to a point.......i just do not see how fanning the flames helps anyone....in my opinion the media has created this hate and while we all running around jumping on the bandwagon things will not get better...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You guys can't see the forest for the trees.

If a muslim looking person shows up with a gun what will happen? Then what will happen to the 2nd amendment?

If terrorists attack we will have the patriot act as law again. What will happen to the 1st amendment?

If both sides show up armed and fight what will happen to the 1st and 2nd amendment and the patriot act???!!!

Seriously your being played and you don't see it. I think the shooting in Texas 3 weeks ago was a failed false flag to get the patriot act reauthorized.

Then Jade Helm in less than 2 months............

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
As much as I don't agree with openly mocking someone's religious beliefs, competitions like this do not, in any way, infringe upon their right to have those beliefs.

This is an exercise in Free Speech, and as such, there should be no fear of a violent reprisal from anyone.

Is it possible that a competition like this will attract violence? Yes, but anything said by anyone could have the same result.

We need to stop allowing others to control us with fear.

"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."

-Rosa Parks

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Oh I wish they would!

Isis is in for a rude awakening.

This is "merika" not Iraq.

Over here, we breed fighters, not followers.

They will learn, this is not the place to come and mess around.

You can't cut 2 heads off and take over a town here.

It just doesn't work that way.

In Indianapolis, about 10 years ago, a Mexican gang, MS13 came around, cutting off fingers and hands.

They just disappeared all at once, after the masses had enough.

This isn't mexico, you can't just cut off fingers and bully politicians into submission.

Along the Texas border, they are hanging Mexican police that have signs on them that say "silver or lead".

They think this will intimidate Texas police into cowering to them like they do in mexico.....

All these same types keep running into the same problem.

This is "Merika", that bs does not work here!!!

Wow..you are like a wallking american cliche .

If anyone gets shot at this event, i wil laugh as they deserved it. I will also laugh if any islamic terrorists get shot as they also deserve it. Both sides are perfect for each other. Not a single braincell betwee them.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You decided to make that choice yourself.

I will not be told what I can or can't say period.

There are no qualifiers with that.

Again i agree to a point....but there is a line whether you choose to see it or not....

How far do we take this ?...and do you really believe that you have unrestricted freedom to say whatever you want to whomever you like at any time ?

Fact of life is there are consequences to actions....we may not agree with them but they are there....personally i see no power in a judge,yet if i was in court and i called the judge a dumb ass i would be sent to jail...even though i was exercising my right to free speech....

If i had a fat girlfriend and you called her a fat bitch in a pub and made her cry i would drag you outside and beat the living snot out of you...you may have the right to free speech but cross the wrong person and you will end up in ICU for it.....so again i ask where do we draw the line ?

This is america, I have a right to say whatever whenever I choose to.

I also have a right to get my ass kicked for being the idiot that insulted your girlfriend.

There is no line.

Never was, never will be.

I have a right to be insulting to your ...full figured gf.

You also have a right to take offense.

Honestly I would never insult your gf unless she had it coming, but the possibility is always open.

There is not and should not be a line.

I went to a buddy that died in Iraq's funeral.

The west borough( or however you spell the idiots name) douche bags were there.

I did not choke or beat about the head and neck area a single one og them, though the thoughts of my hands around their necks was pleasing to me.

It is their right to be idiots.

Sure I could have probably hospitalized several of them.

Would I gave been in the right though?

No.

I wanted, at the time my already hot, Irish blood was boiling, to go beat the brakes off of them.

But I was "restrained" by several of my brothers in arms.

After I calmed down, I knew they were right.

Wrong reasons, but they were right to be there defending their rights.

Still to this day the sting still stings.

One of my best friends was dead, and we were putting him in the ground.

All the while those...people, were chanting "I'm glad he is dead" etc......

And I still tell you, they have this right.

It is a hard pill to swallow.

But I know "mike" would rather they do it, even at his funeral, than that they be not allowed to do so.

You aren't allowed freedom.

You take it, it cannot be given, It can only be taken, at the protest if those you are taking your freedom from.

Did I want to beat the "holy spirit" out them?

Oh yes, in the worst possible way!!!

Were they right?

Absolutely, they were in the right.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

For the record my GF is tidy...

Your a vet...you have my respect and my sympathy ....what you would have seen and felt is beyond my understanding

From where i sit i do not want to see any conflict grow...i want to see peace and love and a healthy environment for my kids to grow up in

I would like to see respect from all sides...sadly it is fear and hate that will fan the flames of violence

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Who cares if a muslim with a weapon shows up?

It doesn't matter how offending something is, freedom of speech is all or nothing.

We can't cater to a minority of people that don't like having their imaginary friend drawn.
And we don't.

I gladly invite all the haters in this thread to tell me why someone shouldn't be allowed to draw something reactionary. "because it might offend someone"

And I will gladly retort that Je Suis Charlie

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join