It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
As much as I don't agree with openly mocking someone's religious beliefs, competitions like this do not, in any way, infringe upon their right to have those beliefs.

This is an exercise in Free Speech, and as such, there should be no fear of a violent reprisal from anyone.

Is it possible that a competition like this will attract violence? Yes, but anything said by anyone could have the same result.

We need to stop allowing others to control us with fear.

I get where you are coming from and agree to a point...but where do we draw the line ?...like in the movie i just posted...he is in harlem wish a big ass sign saying "i hate niggas"...now tell me this.....even though he has the right to do this ...is it clever ? smart ?annoying ?..or just plain stupid......

In reality what would happen to someone who decided to exercise their right to free speech in this manner..?

The KKK does this.

The black panthers march through white neighborhoods chanting "kill whitey!!".

In fact the leader of the new black panthers says "if we wanna win this war, were going to have to kill some white babies! That's right! I said it!!! We are going to have to kill some white babies to win this war!!!"

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: the owlbear
Would an open carry flag burning demonstration fly outside of a military cemetary or VFW?

Yes.

Wbbc already went that route, you gotta dig deep to beat those guys, they went "full retard" long ago.

I know they did jw...
big difference is the open carry part, the WBC knew they were going to incite violence BUT didnt feel the need to carry weapons to turn violence into a bloodbath. That is the only issue I have.

It's one thing to haze others, it's another to do it while armed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Completely agree with you. I don't have a problem with people wanting to draw Muhammed but i do have a major problem with drawing Muhammed outside mosques. That isn't freedom of speech, it is simply insluting and deliberately provocative.

Whilst there is no justification for violence, if something were to occur i certainly wouldn't have sympathy with any victims.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Why limit themselves to drawing a cartoon of Mohammed?

They should just go full retard and burn a Koran, then piss on it to put it out and use the ashes as war paint.

Drawing cartoons is so last month.

pffft

That ought to be the finishing touch. Burn the flags of Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran, and use them to set fire to a pile of Q'urans. That are being used as kindling for a big pork bbq.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: johnwick

Pretty much my take as well.

That's pretty much it.

What I see is the fear. No idea why but it is there.

I do not agree with this event any more than I did with Geller's event.

But I will serve and die to protect their right to do so.

I already did 6 years, I would do 6 more if I thought it necessary, to allow these idiots to express themselves freely.

And yes, it is fear that drives those that want to stop these guys.

They are afraid of blowback.

Next step, start wearing a burka and praying to the east 6 times a day, or else we might offend them!!!

Appeasement does not work, never has or ever will.

Either we do as we please, or we let a bunch of douche bags in a 3rd world country decide how we live our lives.

I choose freedom for me and mine.

And I will fight for anyone that wants the same for them and theirs.

Freedom is not free, it can't be given, it can't be begged for.

It must be taken, grabbed with both hands, and taken.

At any cost.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

As much as I don't agree with openly mocking someone's religious beliefs, competitions like this do not, in any way, infringe upon their right to have those beliefs.

This is an exercise in Free Speech, and as such, there should be no fear of a violent reprisal from anyone.

Is it possible that a competition like this will attract violence? Yes, but anything said by anyone could have the same result.

I get where you are coming from and agree to a point...but where do we draw the line ?...like in the movie i just posted...he is in harlem wish a big ass sign saying "i hate niggas"...now tell me this.....even though he has the right to do this ...is it clever ? smart ?annoying ?..or just plain stupid......

In reality what would happen to someone who decided to exercise their right to free speech in this manner..?

The KKK does this.

In fact the leader of the new black panthers says "if we wanna win this war, were going to have to kill some white babies! That's right! I said it!!! We are going to have to kill some white babies to win this war!!!"

And they have every right to do so.....in saying that....how does it actually benefit their cause ?...it just makes look like a bunch of retards.....

I am all for free speech ....seriously though where do we draw the line ?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
STOP WORRYING NOW! Look at their site!

iccpaz.com...

And why are you worrying too much?

link   

We've gone over this again and again, apparently all of ATS is interested, and seems split right down the middle. All I will say is lets see what happens this evening and hopefully just a few bad pics of muhamed , regardless the bikers are doing the right thing and all of America should stand in solidarity in fact the white house should hold the competition and all the American boys and girls can have a go at it. My point is no one is going to use reprisal to tell us what we can and cannot do, don't forget Isis claimed this b.s. in garland they are watching I hope there is a big audience . anyone trying to say this is fear based is wrong, we don't let the fear rule us which is why we openly draw Muhammad on your worships doorsteps.

link   

Well said.
I wouldn't do what the bikers are doing but yes it is their right to do so.
I have hate speech laws in the uk and you can bet if this was happening in the uk it would be broken up...
Don't go down this road usa.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Would an open carry flag burning demonstration fly outside of a military cemetary or VFW?

Yes.

Wbbc already went that route, you gotta dig deep to beat those guys, they went "full retard" long ago.

I know they did jw...
big difference is the open carry part, the WBC knew they were going to incite violence BUT didnt feel the need to carry weapons to turn violence into a bloodbath. That is the only issue I have.

It's one thing to haze others, it's another to do it while armed.

Wbbc knew they weren't going to get suicide attacked.

These bikers likely will.

What's better, let the crazies murder a bunch if you for propaganda?

Or end them fast like at Geller's contest?

If we let them claim a victory over here, there will be more, much more.

If we just hammer them non stop over here each and every time they try.

They will stop trying.

This is "merika" folks have guns, lots of folks, lots of guns.

What difference does it make if they are armed or not?

Hell I'm armed right now, does that change anything?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Best thing that they can do (and I suspect will do) is show the world they respect freedom of speech and to converse with the bikers to gain their understanding and maybe both groups qill go away a little less ignorant.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

We've gone over this again and again, apparently all of ATS is interested, and seems split right down the middle. All I will say is lets see what happens this evening and hopefully just a few bad pics of muhamed , regardless the bikers are doing the right thing and all of America should stand in solidarity in fact the white house should hold the competition and all the American boys and girls can have a go at it. My point is no one is going to use reprisal to tell us what we can and cannot do, don't forget Isis claimed this b.s. in garland they are watching I hope there is a big audience . anyone trying to say this is fear based is wrong, we don't let the fear rule us which is why we openly draw Muhammad on your worships doorsteps.

Why is it then from across the pond i am seeing a big pissing contest ?....how in the big scheme of thing does this petty # even matter....i get it that Muslims in general cant take a joke..

But why stoop to their level ?

By playing this game we are lowering ourselves to their petty level.......we should be laughing off the "full retard" way of thinking.....here in the west we talk about how we are advanced and educated....are we really ?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
all of you need to grow up ,this is satire you know comedy ...have you all forgotten monty python?????????????????
monty python

this is normal,and all you who bow to these crazy muslims should be ashamed of yourself's.
there is no allah,and as such all these people have mental health problems.

you seek to surpress my free speech in support of a class of people who have serious mental issues ,
then you are my enemy to,,and as such in the words of churchill "we will fight you on the beaches"

i dont care if it offends them,they obviously need to grow a backbone and stop acting like a bunch of cry baby sissies ,no wonder they wear dresses,its all oh they drew a picture of my imaginary god miss boohoo ,
religeon needs to be mocked as religeon is seeking to control others .

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The KKK does this.

And they have every right to do so.....in saying that....how does it actually benefit their cause ?...it just makes look like a bunch of retards.....

I am all for free speech ....seriously though where do we draw the line ?

What line?

There is not, nor should there be a line.

It is called "free speech" not "mostly free to express your self speech".

Once we draw a line for example X, then reason Y will make sense.

Once reason Y is accepted, we draw the new line at position W...

Walking true freedom back until only the party line is acceptable.

Don't limit yourself.

But especially don't think to sensor me because you have self sensored yourself.

You decided to make that choice yourself.

I will not be told what I can or can't say period.

There are no qualifiers with that.

There is no line, and I will not be given one by idiots in the 3rd world ever!!!!

You can choose to do so.

For me and mine, we take the simpler route.

We are now, and will remain free for as long as I am able to provide said freedom.

Maybe my sons will also be fighters, maybe they will cowtoe to 3rd world idiots.

It is the freedom of choice I passed responsibility to them to carry.

They will be free to choose just as I was.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The last day congress has to vote on reauthorizing the patriot act is the 31st.

Possible false flag event?

What if the Muslims show up with assault rifles and start burning the American flag?

This could be a blood bath.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Let it be a pissing contest whatever you want to call it, at least America stands on the front line of change we are the axiom and hopefully our message is loud and clear.don't # with the west we are not afraid we will not back down we will do whatever we want withing the laws of our society screw you and the horse you rode in on, message over.
edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
So how about we organize a demonstration of a soldier wrapped in the American flag holding a brown baby and sticking a knife in its head. We can have signs that say, "join the army and kill innocent men, women and babies, big strong hero man". Or "Americas corporations want you to kill innocents to make them big bucks". How about, "Can't read or understand simple things? join the military and fit right in". Is it ok to use my freedom of expression to show that opinion? Who cares if your kid got killed in Iraq. He should have stayed home minded his own business, right. That's all ok to say because of the first amendment. There is a thing called tact and respect that adults are expected to demonstrate to younger people to show them how to behave.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Well said.
I wouldn't do what the bikers are doing but yes it is their right to do so.
I have hate speech laws in the uk and you can bet if this was happening in the uk it would be broken up...
Don't go down this road usa.

They have tried to take us down that path.

For some reason we resist, like a rented mule, we are stubborn I guess.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

It's good to know the inner workings of your mind. Can't say what I want to say, thank you for you input.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Best thing that they can do (and I suspect will do) is show the world they respect freedom of speech and to converse with the bikers to gain their understanding and maybe both groups qill go away a little less ignorant.

I so wish this would happen!!!!

Wouldn't it be the ultimate poke in the eye for Isis.

Muslims getting along with the devils that drew Mohammed....

I so want this to be the outcome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join