It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That's fine it's funny to me how some people's freedom is more justified than others. Thank you for your opinion about my state of mind, Doctor.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

And that my friend is principal something a lot of us soldiers have and quite a few civilians don't!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

And that my friend is principal something a lot of us soldiers have and quite a few civilians don't!

curious....do you mean indoctrinated ? or do you believe you have a higher understanding of how life works....

Sorry if that sounded harsh ...not meant to be ..just trying to understand

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Yea whatever man, because I don't have freedom of speech on ATS I can't lambast you until you walk away in shame. Fortunate you, I never said you don't have a right to your convictions, as I do mine. Unfortunately, if I express my feelings for your convictions I'll be banned from ATS. But if I caught you in the public talking your mess, I'd have a mouthful back to say,you can put your bottom dollar on that. No violence just words.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Certainly there is indoctrination that takes place in training especially amongst infantry training .. That's not what I meant, it takes a certain principled,individual to join the ranks Expesially during a time of war, you could expect in general the men and women who do this, are highly principled love their country, and good hearted fair and strong. Now of course there are bad apples amongst any group but this blanket statement applies , and these values are at the heart of American soldiers. Belive that
edit on 29-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

For the record my GF is tidy...

Your a vet...you have my respect and my sympathy ....what you would have seen and felt is beyond my understanding

From where i sit i do not want to see any conflict grow...i want to see peace and love and a healthy environment for my kids to grow up in

I would like to see respect from all sides...sadly it is fear and hate that will fan the flames of violence

Save your thanks and pity brother.

Some live, others don't.

It is the way of things.

Right is right.

I will happily join my brothers in death when the time comes.

I know I will fall for right.

I'm a fighter.

I lived by this sword, it is likely what will take me as well.

No need for pity, I do not pity my place in this world.

We all have a place, mine has and is one of struggle and conflict.

May we all just find our place of peace with the world that is.

Not waste our time on the world we want!!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Fair call .....thx for your reply.....

i will resume this tomorrow after some much needed shut eye...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

OK, so that means that say, (and im sorry if this is the case, its just a what if)...your mother was dying horribly and slowy of cancer and i came outside your house while the doctors where there trying to resussitate her after she passed out from the pain, waving flags and having a drawing competiton where your mother is potrayed as a wh*re and a sl*t and that she deserved this etc etc..this would be ok with you?

My point is that absolutely people should be able to do what these idiots are doing..and f*ck the islamic extremists (and it really is only a small minority of muslims who are getting excited) for getting offended...but is it really worth fanning the flames and risking lives over this? Would it not be better to try to get on with everyone and compromise a bit? You guys seem to WANT a war between muslims and the west. It's sick.

Also, it would help your case if you didnt talk one sentence at a time. We are all having a discussion. Not giving a speech.

edit on 29-5-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Doesn't matter. We as US citizens have the right to do this.

I welcome this in every major US city. Radicalized Islam can suck it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Apple's and oranges, you forgot to add the variable that the mothers religion has cut your brothers and sisters heads off, also her sons came and shot a bunch of your friends up in garland.

Really bad form man, talking about people's mothers I don't even want to go into the analogy it's silly

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with being afraid or bowing down, it's called respect. We all live here together, poking and prodding people deliberately to prove a point is ridiculous in my opinion, it proves nothing.

The only thing it proves is people will use they're right to speech as a tool to taunt others and provoke extremism, just to say "it's our right." Then, after something happens, like at the previous event, they pad themselves on the shoulder and say, "told ya so." A**clowns...

Well, if you believe in freedom of speech I can think of a handful of real issues affecting our country, other than this miniscule audience of fanatics.

Exercise your speech and rights to gain rights, not to ridicule others, that's not freedom. If these morons believe their freedom of speech is under attack because of a comic book, * headpalm* I don't wanna be the one to tell you but, looks like your in for a rude awakening.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yes hopefully it will be peaceful and both sides will go to bed with some things to think about.
I once went on a march against scientology and shouted all sorts because I feel scientology is horrid and should be classed as a cult.
should I have kept quiet? Because of mutual respect?. No I shouldn't.
You can bet the bikers are thinking the same way.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Apple's and oranges, you forgot to add the variable that the mothers religion has cut your brothers and sisters heads off, also her sons came and shot a bunch of your friends up in garland.

Really bad form man, talking about people's mothers I don't even want to go into the analogy it's silly

Did you REALLY not get that the analogy about his mother was just that...an anlogy about something close to him?

Why would i insult his mother? Do i know him or her? Am i 10 years old?

And your arguments are silly. Because what you are sayign is analogous to saying ALL muslims behead and kill anyone who insults their prophet. When clearly (well, to those who actually know muslims) thats not so.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes hopefully it will be peaceful and both sides will go to bed with some things to think about.
I once went on a march against scientology and shouted all sorts because I feel scientology is horrid and should be classed as a cult.
should I have kept quiet? Because of mutual respect?. No I shouldn't.
You can bet the bikers are thinking the same way.

It's bikers is it? Oh well, then since we have such smart guys on the case...im not worried.

This should all go well. Let both sides kill each other and let the rest of (muslim and christians and atheists etc...) live like we already are, peacefully.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
It has nothing to do with being afraid or bowing down, it's called respect. We all live here together, poking and prodding people deliberately to prove a point is ridiculous in my opinion, it proves nothing.

The only thing it proves is people will use they're right to speech as a tool to taunt others and provoke extremism, just to say "it's our right." Then, after something happens, like at the previous event, they pad themselves on the shoulder and say, "told ya so." A**clowns...

Well, if you believe in freedom of speech I can think of a handful of real issues affecting our country, other than this miniscule audience of fanatics.

Exercise your speech and rights to gain rights, not to ridicule others, that's not freedom. If these morons believe their freedom of speech is under attack because of a comic book, * headpalm* I don't wanna be the one to tell you but, looks like your in for a rude awakening.

Quoted for agreement.

Some people on here are as bad as the islamic extremists and its sick. And they are defending your country! LOL

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
as much as i hate the westburough baptist church and other shock and awe "protesters" i feel their right to peacefully assemble is protected. even if they came to "protest" a brother of mines funeral i would be bothered but not aggressive. it is their right, i i swore an oath to defend that. this is america. people have the right to offend you. deal with it. just as these would-be cartoonists. as long as they are not trespassing on private property and threatening anyone with violence i say let them have their moment.
edit on 29-5-2015 by crustyjuggler27 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Hecate666
It seems OP feels that these people are deliberately antagonising muslims. I wonder why they may be doing this?
Are the Westboro Baptist church members not doing the same thing?
Standing in selected places they know their 'victims of hatred' are going to be and then holding up placards and shouting insults? Well, so what?
What normal people do when that happens is usually humour them. Those that agree with them join in. In the end nobody dies.

Now why can't muslims humour their agitators? Maybe because they have no humour, its all really serious with them [which stems from a lack of education and knowledge about science].
Here comes a life lesson for them. Not everybody has their mindset, especially not in the West. As a matter of fact we hate it when religion becomes so mad that it isn't a beautiful expansion of mind but some sort of oppressive mind stealer.

OP makes it seem that we should't antagonise muslims. Why on earth not? Is it because they might kill? Is it because they are better than others and have to be treated with kit gloves, because...it's islam? They go and insult us 'kaffirs', believe women are 3rd class citizens and elsewhere blow themselves [and others up] for an invisible sky man? I find religions like that laughable, and no, I won't show islam the same respect I have for Bhuddism or Shinto or just people believing in their own god. Islam is neither beautiful nor enlightening.

Furthermore, why should we not be accepted for our belief in freedom, where everyone can have an opinion without getting killed? Is that not a beautiful thing?

So our way of showing how serious we are about our disgust to their inability to understand us, is by doing a Westboro.
We are enjoying our freedom to mock! Yes mock. After all this is how it goes in the West.
It is a serious mocking though, because these guys [muslims] are dangerous. They are not like us.

Therefore we express ours disgust by mocking - something that doesn't actually inflict any physical wounds.
It isn't the kind of mocking to take the piss, it is a deserved mocking, that will hopefully result in lots of coverage and discussions about islam.

Muslims have to get with the times or it will be impossible to live side by side.

You kill, we draw. Not 'we draw- you kill'.

Good luck to all the 'artists'.

That is all completely reasonable. You are very logical and explain our Western way of life so clearly. It works out well until a bunch of people get shot. Then you will look back on this post and think of how naive you were.

Priceless, Today's youth are wet blankets, full of therapy talk who happily let bullies get away in order to 'keep the peace'. Honey, sometimes people get killed when they are trying to safe a nation. It's how it goes. Imagine the Russian revolution..."No, don't wind the Tsar up, lets just stay as we are..." Oh man, that is so sad. Hope your ancestors can't hear you, they would turn in their graves.

This is REAL life, not the Kardashians and I am glad there are still rebels out there who are NOT wet blankets.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
that's sure a rich looking & new Islamic center in the video...
back when I lived in Phoenix 1990-1997 the only mosque I knew of was around 29th ave & just south of Northern ave, it looked like a storage building, no domes or nothing...

I also recall around 1996 the police found a decapitated head just about 3 miles due East of the present Islamic Center way up there in north phoenix

I guess the Saudi building of Mosques worldwide finally got to phoenix up there near the beltway in N Phoenix

I wonder if the new, ritzy mosque was any way connected to the Scottsdale airport where young Arabs took flight training back in '95 or even for years before+after I saw that group of 7 student commercial pilots

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Here we go again ALL MUSLIMS BS, see your argument hinges on me broad brushing the collective therefore being wrong. My argument only requires that a percentage of Muslims don't wish for my freedom of speech, and are willing to attack me and kill me because of my freedom. Good try though ALL MUSLIMS get on with your silliness.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
that's sure a rich looking & new Islamic center in the video...
back when I lived in Phoenix 1990-1997 the only mosque I knew of was around 29th ave & just south of Northern ave, it looked like a storage building, no domes or nothing...

I also recall around 1996 the police found a decapitated head just about 3 miles due East of the present Islamic Center way up there in north phoenix

I guess the Saudi building of Mosques worldwide finally got to phoenix up there near the beltway in N Phoenix

I wonder if the new, ritzy mosque was any way connected to the Scottsdale airport where young Arabs took flight training back in '95 or even for years before+after I saw that group of 7 student commercial pilots

We get it, you hate muslims.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join