It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: reldra

This is the 3rd thread on this and i have kept my thoughts to myself so far . I wonder if one of the alphabet agencies is behind this , as in you do this and we will look away for a while . Just a thought .

First thought that came to my mind as well but for other reasons.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So cater for one group and ban freedom of expression and speech?.
I know many muslims who are not arsed about any cartoon but if some choose to be offended...theur problem.
If they enjoy the freedoms of the west they can moan but not commit violence to tell people that they don't like it.
Don't make up excuses for violence.
I may cater to a bunch of groups, why do you say one? I read your almost unintelligible post and I am answering it anyway.
edit on 29-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It seems OP feels that these people are deliberately antagonising muslims. I wonder why they may be doing this?
Are the Westboro Baptist church members not doing the same thing?
Standing in selected places they know their 'victims of hatred' are going to be and then holding up placards and shouting insults? Well, so what?
What normal people do when that happens is usually humour them. Those that agree with them join in. In the end nobody dies.

Now why can't muslims humour their agitators? Maybe because they have no humour, its all really serious with them [which stems from a lack of education and knowledge about science].
Here comes a life lesson for them. Not everybody has their mindset, especially not in the West. As a matter of fact we hate it when religion becomes so mad that it isn't a beautiful expansion of mind but some sort of oppressive mind stealer.

OP makes it seem that we should't antagonise muslims. Why on earth not? Is it because they might kill? Is it because they are better than others and have to be treated with kit gloves, because...it's islam? They go and insult us 'kaffirs', believe women are 3rd class citizens and elsewhere blow themselves [and others up] for an invisible sky man? I find religions like that laughable, and no, I won't show islam the same respect I have for Bhuddism or Shinto or just people believing in their own god. Islam is neither beautiful nor enlightening.

Furthermore, why should we not be accepted for our belief in freedom, where everyone can have an opinion without getting killed? Is that not a beautiful thing?

So our way of showing how serious we are about our disgust to their inability to understand us, is by doing a Westboro.
We are enjoying our freedom to mock! Yes mock. After all this is how it goes in the West.
It is a serious mocking though, because these guys [muslims] are dangerous. They are not like us.

Therefore we express ours disgust by mocking - something that doesn't actually inflict any physical wounds.
It isn't the kind of mocking to take the piss, it is a deserved mocking, that will hopefully result in lots of coverage and discussions about islam.

Muslims have to get with the times or it will be impossible to live side by side.

You kill, we draw. Not 'we draw- you kill'.

Good luck to all the 'artists'.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Are these the Bikers?!

Lookout, hundreds of tough armed bikers against what, 7 radical islamists? Well hard.

In the three threads I started of thinking how pathetic it was, it is, especially the Bikers, thats just cheesy as.

But now I actually think its a good thing, it would be really good if those Muslims that didnt really care also came out of the Mosque and joined the competition.

Honestly, if you offended by a pack of repressed homosexual bikers scribbling crappy drawings of what your god may look like then I am really happy. The same as I would be happy if a god botherer was upset by someone burning a printed copy of the bible, its not really offensive is it, i mean, its a printed version, mass printed by the lowest bidder on the cheapest paper, hardly a real symbol of your religion.

Burn and Draw, Burn and Draw and all you angry people, energy wasted.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
It seems OP feels that these people are deliberately antagonising muslims. I wonder why they may be doing this?
Standing in selected places they know their 'victims of hatred' are going to be and then holding up placards and shouting insults? Well, so what?
What normal people do when that happens is usually humour them. Those that agree with them join in. In the end nobody dies.

Now why can't muslims humour their agitators? Maybe because they have no humour, its all really serious with them [which stems from a lack of education and knowledge about science].
Here comes a life lesson for them. Not everybody has their mindset, especially not in the West. As a matter of fact we hate it when religion becomes so mad that it isn't a beautiful expansion of mind but some sort of oppressive mind stealer.

OP makes it seem that we should't antagonise muslims. Why on earth not? Is it because they might kill? Is it because they are better than others and have to be treated with kit gloves, because...it's islam? They go and insult us 'kaffirs', believe women are 3rd class citizens and elsewhere blow themselves [and others up] for an invisible sky man? I find religions like that laughable, and no, I won't show islam the same respect I have for Bhuddism or Shinto or just people believing in their own god. Islam is neither beautiful nor enlightening.

Furthermore, why should we not be accepted for our belief in freedom, where everyone can have an opinion without getting killed? Is that not a beautiful thing?

So our way of showing how serious we are about our disgust to their inability to understand us, is by doing a Westboro.
We are enjoying our freedom to mock! Yes mock. After all this is how it goes in the West.
It is a serious mocking though, because these guys [muslims] are dangerous. They are not like us.

Therefore we express ours disgust by mocking - something that doesn't actually inflict any physical wounds.
It isn't the kind of mocking to take the piss, it is a deserved mocking, that will hopefully result in lots of coverage and discussions about islam.

Muslims have to get with the times or it will be impossible to live side by side.

You kill, we draw. Not 'we draw- you kill'.

Good luck to all the 'artists'.

That is all completely reasonable. You are very logical and explain our Western way of life so clearly. It works out well until a bunch of people get shot. Then you will look back on this post and think of how naive you were.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

You are saying that we should say anything to upset a certain group and saying it is akin to shouting fire. It isn't you say we should expect violence if we offend.
Tough.. freedom of speech includes freedom to offend.
Oh abd I can see why these threads are shutting down if you continue to be an asshat...
Pity freedom of speech is a no no on ats I would have ripped you a new one.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

You are saying that we should say anything to upset a certain group and saying it is akin to shouting fire. It isn't you say we should expect violence if we offend.
Tough.. freedom of speech includes freedom to offend.
Oh abd I can see why these threads are shutting down if you continue to be an asshat...
Pity freedom of speech is a no no on ats I would have ripped you a new one.
I said no such thing.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

OP makes it seem that we should't antagonise muslims.

Let me quote the president of ICCP:

Everybody has a right to be a bigot. Everybody has a right to be a racist. Everybody has a right to be an idiot

We'll wait and see how it turns out today.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

So no one should offend others for fear of getting shot?.
I suggest north korea for you seeing you don't like freedom.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

So no one should offend others for fear of getting shot?.
I suggest north korea for you seeing you don't like freedom.
I said no such thing. This is a particular circumstance we have seen play out before. I am not talking world politics or making sweeping and broad conclusions.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that id not protected speech.

Actually that's what I mentioned in other thread if you read them. It can have unforeseeable consequences. But why are we so afraid to express ourselves? We have the right to express ourselves without worrying right? I understand where you are coming from. Collateral damage I get it.

We should, yes. I highly doubt these people at this cartoon contest are cartoonists who had a great desire to express themselves anymore than the 'artists' at the 'art show'.

I can remember when gay groups would march around certain churches with frogs crucified on little crosses ect. Anti abortionist with photos of messed up fetuses, ect could name more groups......anyway welcome to america Muslims!

By the way are they going to put Mohamed on a Harley? Yea I can see it now a bike club all made up like Mohamed driving around town. No? Whatever.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that id not protected speech.

Actually that's what I mentioned in other thread if you read them. It can have unforeseeable consequences. But why are we so afraid to express ourselves? We have the right to express ourselves without worrying right? I understand where you are coming from. Collateral damage I get it.

We should, yes. I highly doubt these people at this cartoon contest are cartoonists who had a great desire to express themselves anymore than the 'artists' at the 'art show'.

I can remember when gay groups would march around certain churches with frogs crucified on little crosses ect. Anti abortionist with photos of messed up fetuses, ect could name more groups......anyway welcome to america Muslims!

By the way are they going to put Mohamed on a Harley? Yea I can see it now a bike club all made up like Mohamed driving around town. No? Whatever.

Frogs on crosses? I can't find a reference anywhere.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Looks like two groups of social retards will battle it out.

O well they were just wasting oxygen anyway.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Then stop making excuses for any type of violence your posts read like if violence happens they will desearve it.
No one desearves violence for exercising their freedom.
Like I said they choose to be offended they can choose not to be.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Keep looking. It was a late 70s thing before the net. They don't like to think about it now but it was the times. Anyway yea it happened. Point is no one ever harmed them for it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree both sides are stupid but they are free to be stupid lol.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

I agree both sides are stupid but they are free to be stupid lol.

Sure 100% free.

Stupid is as stupid does .

The government cant a shouldn’t regulate stupid.
edit on 29-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Keep looking. It was a late 70s thing before the net. They don't like to think about it now but it was the times. Anyway yea it happened. Point is no one ever harmed them for it.

Why frogs?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Now you see why the other threads were closed. It was too much.

The weird thing? That particular mosque ALLOWS them to do that! If you go to their site and read the news you'll see that they SUPPORT their right!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Why frogs?

Well you cant crucify Kittens that would be #ed up even by ISIS standards

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join