It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: reldra

it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that id not protected speech.

Actually that's what I mentioned in other thread if you read them. It can have unforeseeable consequences. But why are we so afraid to express ourselves? We have the right to express ourselves without worrying right? I understand where you are coming from. Collateral damage I get it.

We should, yes. I highly doubt these people at this cartoon contest are cartoonists who had a great desire to express themselves anymore than the 'artists' at the 'art show'.

I can remember when gay groups would march around certain churches with frogs crucified on little crosses ect. Anti abortionist with photos of messed up fetuses, ect could name more groups......anyway welcome to america Muslims!

By the way are they going to put Mohamed on a Harley? Yea I can see it now a bike club all made up like Mohamed driving around town. No? Whatever.

Frogs on crosses? I can't find a reference anywhere.

Keep looking. It was a late 70s thing before the net. They don't like to think about it now but it was the times. Anyway yea it happened. Point is no one ever harmed them for it.

Why frogs?

Not sure. Just some mockery of some sort. It was clearly seen as a jab at Jesus but may have been a suggestion otherwise.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They are sort of in the position of jesus naturally.
Would fit on a cross just right.
If anyone can find a pic

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
What kinda stupid is this...i would liken it to being on international flight yelling out you have a bomb on board to try and get a rise out of the pilot crew and passengers...instead when the plane lands you find you dumb ass in jail...where it deserves to be...

Where do people come up with this #...do they think it up themselves or do they follow cues from movies...?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

If anyone can find a pic

Cant find. Any trace may have been removed by the ever powerful gay hand or historical revisionism. They wouldn't want anyone to know that they to at one time acted like ignoramuses. But hay it was 35 years ago.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Why limit themselves to drawing a cartoon of Mohammed?

They should just go full retard and burn a Koran, then piss on it to put it out and use the ashes as war paint.

Drawing cartoons is so last month.

pffft
edit on 29-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: I support their right to go full retard - God/Allah bless America......................

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: reldra

So curious why people think this would be OK.

Yeah now you see why. The First Amendment and the freedom of speech override anything. This is what makes some people mad.
I know what you mean. At the first 'art show' , if that was what one could call it, there was violence. If this has a good chance of causing violence or injury, it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that is not protected speech.

No.

Yelling fire in a crowded theatre was meant to cause harm.

drawing pictures is drawing pictures.

If there is any harm it will come from outside.

So then you think Isis should get to decide how you li e your life here in america?

Because you are demanding we self sensor so we don't offend them.

Screw them, and anyone who tries to tell me I can't do a perfectly legal activity.

The Muslim nutjobs can get bent or get over it.

Hell I'm going to draw a picture of Mohammed now, just to make you and Isis mad.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I wanted to make a cartoon.
Frog jesus!.
Thats one thing about christianity I like you can offend them and you are pretty safe.
But like I said I know many muslims who would and do shrug off criticism of their religion.
I guess some can't accept criticism and use their religion as an excuse for violence.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I love it that bikers are back as being the boogie men. They are far easier to romantisize than inner city ghetto rats and mid-eastern terrorists. They will always be escrutiatingly American.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

If anyone can find a pic

Fagburn

This is modern but at one time used real frogs!

Oh yes people they sure did and some still do remembering the good ol days. And some of you reverse bigots thought I was making this up.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Why limit themselves to drawing a cartoon of Mohammed?

They should just go full retard and burn a Koran, then piss on it to put it out and use the ashes as war paint.

Drawing cartoons is so last month.

Pffftt

Full retard would be going over to Iraq to do it

We should start a kick starter campaign to buy there plane tickets.

Everyone wins, America gets rid of some ignorant dip#s and maybe if we are lucky they can kill a few ISIS out there before they die themselves. Win-win.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
As much as I don't agree with openly mocking someone's religious beliefs, competitions like this do not, in any way, infringe upon their right to have those beliefs.

This is an exercise in Free Speech, and as such, there should be no fear of a violent reprisal from anyone.

Is it possible that a competition like this will attract violence? Yes, but anything said by anyone could have the same result.

We need to stop allowing others to control us with fear.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I want to see a cartoon about JV and your arms!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Sighs. Another good thread closed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Would an open carry flag burning demonstration fly outside of a military cemetary or VFW?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
As much as I don't agree with openly mocking someone's religious beliefs, competitions like this do not, in any way, infringe upon their right to have those beliefs.

This is an exercise in Free Speech, and as such, there should be no fear of a violent reprisal from anyone.

Is it possible that a competition like this will attract violence? Yes, but anything said by anyone could have the same result.

I get where you are coming from and agree to a point...but where do we draw the line ?...like in the movie i just posted...he is in harlem wish a big ass sign saying "i hate niggas"...now tell me this.....even though he has the right to do this ...is it clever ? smart ?annoying ?..or just plain stupid......

In reality what would happen to someone who decided to exercise their right to free speech in this manner..?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Most of us have read this sort of thing on ATS. In fact its quite common. Ever wonder where it comes from?

This web site is designed to spread the vicious truth about the Bible. For far too long priests and preachers have completely ignored the vicious criminal acts that the Bible promotes. The so called “God” of the Bible makes Osama Bin Laden look like a Boy Scout. This God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible for many mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children. I have included references to the Biblical passages, so grab your Bible and follow along. You can also follow along with on-line Bibles such as BibleStudyTools.net or SkepticsAnnotatedBible.com.

Evil Bible Link from Fag Burn

Just pointing out how much flack similar opinions and ideas about Islam get for their unmasking of the religion. Flat out just called bigots on their face for pointing out Mohamed may have been a .......fill in the blank.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Pretty much my take as well.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Would an open carry flag burning demonstration fly outside of a military cemetary or VFW?

Yes.

Wbbc already went that route, you gotta dig deep to beat those guys, they went "full retard" long ago.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

I wanted to make a cartoon.
Frog jesus!.
Thats one thing about christianity I like you can offend them and you are pretty safe.
But like I said I know many muslims who would and do shrug off criticism of their religion.
I guess some can't accept criticism and use their religion as an excuse for violence.

Yea well we know all that but the issue doesn't stop there really. I am addressing OPs tone and some other idea about what a bunch of asses and intolerant, provocative and otherwise the little biker get together is. How at least one modern day political and socially untouchable group use to use the same tactics.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Pretty much my take as well.

That's pretty much it.

What I see is the fear. No idea why but it is there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join