It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
SOURCE

I understand freedom of speech. I would also understand if an artist had a deep desire to draw the Prophet Mohammed. But this is just the second in events that win the 'dumbazz award'. This one wins first place as it was outside of a mosque during evening prayers. It is offensive, needlessly provocative and possibly dangerous. Why do people feel the need to do this? It's not a respected newspaper either, it's just a bunch of idiots, again. It's irresponsible at the least.
edit on 29-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If I saw a kid poking a wasp nest with a stick, I wouldn't stop them and if an angry wasp stings them I wouldn't show any sympathy.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This is the 3rd thread on this and i have kept my thoughts to myself so far . I wonder if one of the alphabet agencies is behind this , as in you do this and we will look away for a while . Just a thought .

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Summer television is so boring, a bloodbath of idiots on both sides sound just...neat.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
I didn't see another on this article, if there are 2 others, my bad.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Two threads on this have already been closed just FYI.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too much heated debate going on.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Summer television is so boring, a bloodbath of idiots on both sides sound just...neat.
NO, that is not 'neat'. You shouldn't joke about things like that.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
TY. I looked at both of them. So curious why people think this would be OK.

+24 more 
posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Burn a flag, Burn a Bible, Draw Mohammed.

These change Earth's axis how?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

So curious why people think this would be OK.

Yeah now you see why. The First Amendment and the freedom of speech override anything. This is what makes some people mad.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Burn a flag, Burn a Bible, Draw Mohammed.

These change Earth's axis how?

Doesn't. But does that make you want to do those things?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Name one thing that you hate the most. Will you burn it?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yeah remember the people who don't like any of that choose to be offended it is their problem.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

So curious why people think this would be OK.

Yeah now you see why. The First Amendment and the freedom of speech override anything. This is what makes some people mad.
I know what you mean. At the first 'art show' , if that was what one could call it, there was violence. If this has a good chance of causing violence or injury, it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that is not protected speech.
edit on 29-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
Sighs this will be the third or maybe forth thread they closed. Sorry OP.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Name one thing that you hate the most. Will you burn it?
Like an object? The other person talked about a flag or a book. I think i would just hate a thing I hated, not set it on fire.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that id not protected speech.

Actually that's what I mentioned in other thread if you read them. It can have unforeseeable consequences. But why are we so afraid to express ourselves? We have the right to express ourselves without worrying right? I understand where you are coming from. Collateral damage I get it.

+15 more 
posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

So cater for one group and ban freedom of expression and speech?.
I know many muslims who are not arsed about any cartoon but if some choose to be offended...theur problem.
If they enjoy the freedoms of the west they can moan but not commit violence to tell people that they don't like it.
Don't make up excuses for violence.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that id not protected speech.

Actually that's what I mentioned in other thread if you read them. It can have unforeseeable consequences. But why are we so afraid to express ourselves? We have the right to express ourselves without worrying right? I understand where you are coming from. Collateral damage I get it.

We should, yes. I highly doubt these people at this cartoon contest are cartoonists who had a great desire to express themselves anymore than the 'artists' at the 'art show'.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

If this has a good chance of causing violence or injury, it is akin to yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater and that is not protected speech.

We are on the level. I don't think that will happen but I can see why you and other are afraid. We will not bow to those people. We have the right to freedom of speech. By those people I mean those extremists.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join