It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: the owlbear
Would an open carry flag burning demonstration fly outside of a military cemetary or VFW?

Yes.

Wbbc already went that route, you gotta dig deep to beat those guys, they went "full retard" long ago.

No, they went full retard earlier this month with signs saying "God sent the shooter" at a police mans funeral.

In fact I don't think they've reached their retarded potential just yet...

We shall see.

#GodHatesWBC

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Seems funny to me.

Americans defend their rights to draw and say what they want.

Islamist defend their extremists persons rights to murder.

I hope there is a draw Mohammed contest every week until it sinks in that if you live in America you live under our law. Not religious law. And we have and exercise the right to offend and piss each other off every day.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: St Udio
that's sure a rich looking & new Islamic center in the video...
back when I lived in Phoenix 1990-1997 the only mosque I knew of was around 29th ave & just south of Northern ave, it looked like a storage building, no domes or nothing...

I also recall around 1996 the police found a decapitated head just about 3 miles due East of the present Islamic Center way up there in north phoenix

I guess the Saudi building of Mosques worldwide finally got to phoenix up there near the beltway in N Phoenix

I wonder if the new, ritzy mosque was any way connected to the Scottsdale airport where young Arabs took flight training back in '95 or even for years before+after I saw that group of 7 student commercial pilots

We get it, you hate muslims.

Love it keep it coming, liberal tactic 101 if you can't win an argument pull the race card, if at the very least it'll make you look noble for being a champion of equality.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

And your arguments are silly. Because what you are sayign is analogous to saying ALL muslims behead and kill anyone who insults their prophet. When clearly (well, to those who actually know muslims) thats not so.

Doesn't have to be all.

All there needs is a percentage that is loud and has actions to back up their threats.....like what we have today.

SO again. Radical Islam, and anyone that wants a violent reaction to drawing Mohammad can suck a great big giant weenie.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yeah remember the people who don't like any of that choose to be offended it is their problem.

Agree, but there is freedom of speech and then there is incitement to hatred and violence.
This doesn't serve anyone or anything, it only increases the hate and ignorance.

And lets be clear, the same people ranting about freedoms and the right to offend these people through a pointless act are probably the same people who rant about their God of choice, the rights of others to marry, the rejection of Muslim prayers, the rejection of freedom for Muslims to preach...

These people hold the constitution aloft and rant about what it gives them the right to do, while also attempting to prevent other people from enjoying those same freedoms. These people are usually nothing more than a reflection of everything they claim to be against.

Freedom goes both ways - but that freedom should not be abused to incite hatred against others or attempt to remove the reasonable freedoms other should have.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Here we go again ALL MUSLIMS BS, see your argument hinges on me broad brushing the collective therefore being wrong. My argument only requires that a percentage of Muslims don't wish for my freedom of speech, and are willing to attack me and kill me because of my freedom. Good try though ALL MUSLIMS get on with your silliness.

If you don't mind me asking, where are the small percentage of muslims located you referenced?

Looks pretty peaceful around here.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yes....so much people ranting as such.

Care to provide any evidence of such things?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
this event seems deliberately inflammatory but then, what isn't these days? almost everything seems to have the potential to offend almost anyone.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
if one reads the Koran....it quickly becomes severly flawed, where it states none of the writings shall supercede the first writings of Moses....
but this

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

a reply to:

3danimator2014

Here we go again ALL MUSLIMS BS, see your argument hinges on me broad brushing the collective therefore being wrong. My argument only requires that a percentage of Muslims don't wish for my freedom of speech, and are willing to attack me and kill me because of my freedom. Good try though ALL MUSLIMS get on with your silliness.

If you don't mind me asking, where are the small percentage of muslims located you referenced?

Yes, at least two of them are six feet under after attacking garlands Mohamed drawing contest,not sure which cemetery but I do hope they were burried with bacon as gifts in the afterlife,

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Meh. Radical Muslims are also offended by gay people--to the extent they toss them off of buildings. Should we cancel "Modern Family" lest they be offended?

When someone tries to intimidate you out of your freedom of speech is the time when you need to use it the loudest.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to:

3danimator2014

Yes, at least two of them are six feet under after attacking garlands Mohamed drawing contest,not sure which cemetery but I do hope they were burried with bacon as gifts in the afterlife,

So you know of two, just two. Wow...and the others you rail on about, not here, perhaps across the pond. Your trying to prove a point about a small percentage of extremists ideology, by intimidating peaceful people who don't aspire to be nothing like.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

No I can give you more examples and fresh ones if you'd like, the Boston bombers, the Canadian nut job. The assholes in Australia who took everyone captive in the coffee shop. Its is a minority a percentage, there's also a large number of converts joining Isis wonder if they want to suppress your freedoms to. See once agin your argument hinges on my blanketing the many, when I don't have to; they achieve that on their own. What I will talk About is a religion spawning nut jobs faster than rabbits produce bunnys, I don't know man you do the math.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
Seems funny to me.

Americans defend their rights to draw and say what they want.

Islamist defend their extremists persons rights to murder.

I hope there is a draw Mohammed contest every week until it sinks in that if you live in America you live under our law. Not religious law. And we have and exercise the right to offend and piss each other off every day.

Yep murder is illegal and so is attempted murder . Doesnt matter if you are offended or not , you pay the price in this country .Police officers 2 - ISIS 0.With those odds , let em keep drawing them out in the open.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If this is going to be in front of a mosque, this could go very badly for those organizing and participating in this. They could get sued and ultimately lose this court case. And here is why:

They are trying to inflict distress on the Islamic community. If they were doing this away from the Mosque where the people inside did not have to pass by or see such, then it would be a moot point and just people trying to get a reaction and support, and the First Admendment protections would apply. But as they chose to hold this in front of the Mosque, then it is going beyond the protections of the First Admendment and is now going into the area of harassment and deliberately provoking the people who are worshiping inside. As this is well within view, they very well may win, even the court would agree with such.

In the WBC case, the picketers were well away from the funeral and were not easily seen, that is what saved them from paying out the large amount of money. This may go differently.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So, since the blanket is already laying down, there's no need for you to prove it, just believing it is is enough for you to continue.

Anyways, carry on. While your worried about your right to speech, in the real world they do this.

Source

Protesters at the DNC were confined to a fenced-in area -- a wire enclosure topped by razor wire outside Boston's FleetCenter, where the Convention was held. They charged that their First Amendment rights were violated by this confinement.

But never mind this, carry on.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with being afraid or bowing down, it's called respect. We all live here together, poking and prodding people deliberately to prove a point is ridiculous in my opinion, it proves nothing.

The only thing it proves is people will use they're right to speech as a tool to taunt others and provoke extremism, just to say "it's our right." Then, after something happens, like at the previous event, they pad themselves on the shoulder and say, "told ya so." A**clowns...

Well, if you believe in freedom of speech I can think of a handful of real issues affecting our country, other than this miniscule audience of fanatics.

Exercise your speech and rights to gain rights, not to ridicule others, that's not freedom. If these morons believe their freedom of speech is under attack because of a comic book, * headpalm* I don't wanna be the one to tell you but, looks like your in for a rude awakening.

Nice Rage against the machine avatar. I assume you are a fan, as I am.

Ironic though that you would call out people for "poking and prodding" instead of being respectful when that's exactly how Rage made a name for themselves.

Or are you only against these tactics when its for a cause you don't agree with?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
If this is going to be in front of a mosque, this could go very badly for those organizing and participating in this. They could get sued and ultimately lose this court case. And here is why:

They are trying to inflict distress on the Islamic community. If they were doing this away from the Mosque where the people inside did not have to pass by or see such, then it would be a moot point and just people trying to get a reaction and support, and the First Admendment protections would apply. But as they chose to hold this in front of the Mosque, then it is going beyond the protections of the First Admendment and is now going into the area of harassment and deliberately provoking the people who are worshiping inside. As this is well within view, they very well may win, even the court would agree with such.

In the WBC case, the picketers were well away from the funeral and were not easily seen, that is what saved them from paying out the large amount of money. This may go differently.

It's not against the first Amendment. People have protested in front of churches quite often. As long as they are on public property, they are GTG from a legal standpoint.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Oh please. I can argue, i have argued. And i will continue to argue. Shall i make an idiotic joke about your camp like you have about liberals? You guys clearly hate all muslims. At least have the courage to admit it and be real men with your opinions, not cowards.

If you didnt hate all muslims, then you would understand the absolute absurdity of lumping 1.5 BILLION people with a handful of extremist low lifes.

Is that number increasing? Sure, but its still an ansolute minority. Its akin to lumping all christians with the Westoboro Baptist church. Stupid. You wouldnt do that right? So why do this?

I find it incrediblty diheartening that all you soldiers on here think like this. Very sad indeed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Hamilton Square Baptist Church protests

Not only were people assaulted by gay activist no one was arrested, and the church was vandalized.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join